Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,506 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:44 PM

Arbitrary Bans On This Forum - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Arbitrary Bans On This Forum (674 Views)

SERAP To FG: Withdraw ‘clumsy, Arbitrary Looters’ List’ / NCAA Orders Ethiopia Airlines To Stop Arbitrary Charges On Nigerian Passengers / Mtn Arbitrary Sack Of Staff And Disengagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arbitrary Bans On This Forum by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 29, 2016
Good day all,

I had to raise this topic against the backdrop of incessant and unwarranted bans being unjustly meted out on this forum for expressing an opinion.

i believe part of the objectives of this forum is to exchange ideas from mature discourse, learn new things and interact with people.

Believe me I ve learnt alot on this fora, I also enjoy the interactions and reactions I get from the different participants here.

However I want to point out some observations which I feel ought to be noted.

When you find yourself in a forum like this know this facts:

1. You will encounter people with divergent ideas ,opinions and beliefs.

2. You interaction with them will be defined by 1. above.

3. The fact that someone has a different point of view from yours doesnt make him an enemy, you can present a counter view of just ignore it.

4. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, you dont castigate people on the forum just becos its not a physical discussion.

5. No matter what is being said , you learn something by interacting with people thats what we re created for.

6. You learn more by listening and reading the views discussed here, you dont have to post rubbish .

I wont go further than this my point is the banning process needs to be checked, it has become an instrument of abuse on this forum, people use it indiscriminately just because they cant engage in a simple conversation.

This is very wrong, and is hindering smooth discussions here, i find that unacceptable, every one here has a right to contribute to discussions here unless, the rules state that some persons dont.

Let this not be like George Orwell's animal farm where some are more equal than others.

Have a great day all.
Re: Arbitrary Bans On This Forum by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 29, 2016
CC ishilove cheesy
Re: Arbitrary Bans On This Forum by writetopoker: 10:44am On Feb 29, 2016
another point of observation is that, so group freely abusing there fellow group from the other divide, but when the later group returns the abuse they are banned instantly, it is just disgusting

1 Like

Re: Arbitrary Bans On This Forum by DifferentBoy1(m): 9:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Yorubas insult others and speak their dialect but when some other person does, they ban.
Re: Arbitrary Bans On This Forum by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 01, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
Yorubas insult others and speak their dialect but when some other person does, they ban.

true talk.
Re: Arbitrary Bans On This Forum by DifferentBoy1(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2016
kaeforum:

true talk.

Omehn, make we(non yorubas) gang up and speak against this unjust doings

(1) (Reply)

How To Know A Nigerian / A LPG Truck Currently On Fire Along Lagos - Ibadan Express Road / Best Camping Gears For Adventures Around Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.