Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

I'm I Being Scammed Or Used - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm I Being Scammed Or Used (1537 Views)

I'm I Gifted Or Is It Some Psycological Shiiii That Happens To Everyone?? / I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? / I'm I Too Late To Contest For Mr Nairaland (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by warriboy21(m): 3:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
i'm a student doing my msc in the US,,.i have a long tine friend(Nigerian) in turkey who called me recently and ask me to help him receive money wiith western union from a friend in the uk .. but i told him that turkey has western union and why is it dat your friend cant send the money to you directly?. He said his friend does some business and he could only receive money in the US so the US contact have to resend the money to turkey.

i told him i smel scam but e said not to worry that its kool that som1 was receiving for him before but dat pesin has gone back to naija...

but i decided to ask my felow nairalnders what you think because i dont want anything that wud hinder my name in dis strange country.

p.s dnt mind my typo erros..thanks

i wud apreciate if this thread can be moved to front page for many inputs
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by wolfgangg(m): 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2016
modify your topic bruv
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by BoiledHead(m): 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
I don't understand. Someone wants you to receive western union for him right?

Then how are you going to be scammed when you are the one holding money? Abi na u fit scam sef.
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by wilybebsy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
I don't seem to get this
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by healthyarena(f): 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
Your heart is telling you not to so don't!
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
BoiledHead:

Then how are you going to be scammed when you are the one holding money? Abi na u fit scam sef.

Stop acting like you are not a Nigerian.

The said guy is most probably scamming someone (Maybe YahooYahoo or an illegal business). And in other for him to evade future arrest, he is making sure the money cannot be traced to him. Hence, that's why he is asking someone else to receive it on his behalf.

The OP will be the one to suffer for it when the bubble bursts.

@Poster, Please don't do it

10 Likes

Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
@OP follow ur heart, if u think its a scam then tell him ure not doing it, dnt listen to all this advice 4rm nairalanders, just listen to dat thin small voice in ur head not d loud one.
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
Look before you leap
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by elvisdaniels(m): 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
@Op its a scam , all he is doing is trying to avoid using his credentials to receive the money and also if theres a heat as to where the money is going and the receiver , you go in for it, while he moves on ,been smart and preys on the next innocent mind to do his dirty biddings...

4 Likes

Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by firstking01(m): 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
I rushed into the thread to read how he was scammed and dustedundecided
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by warriboy21(m): 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
BoiledHead:

Scamming in d sense Dat my details might be used for fraud..
Ya some1 want me to receive western union from a friend for him
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by warriboy21(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
healthyarena:
Your heart is telling you not to so don't!

Ya my heart has been beating because I have known him for long
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by warriboy21(m): 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
elvisdaniels:
@Op its a scam , all he is doing is trying to avoid using his credentials to receive the money and also if theres a heat as to where the money is going and the receiver , you go in for it, while he moves on ,been smart and preys on the next innocent mind to do his dirty biddings...
Thanks I will heed to ur advice

1 Like

Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by crismark(m): 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
chai!!!! re u a learner
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by signature2012(m): 2:34am On Mar 03, 2016
warriboy21:

Ya my heart has been beating because I have known him for long

Guy you be waffi guy o,we no dey dull @ all.To me this is pure yahoo runz,western union can be received anywhere in the world.This friend of yours just want to make you his dispatcher/picker,don't ever agree to do it.

Na Yankee you dey school,u suppose don wise up pass this level.Am advising you as an ex-financial institution worker,this friend of yours just want to use you to do some dirty job,dont tarnish your reputation in the US whereby interpol/fbi will be on you.

7 Likes

Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by warriboy21(m): 2:36am On Mar 03, 2016
signature2012:

Guy you be waffi guy o,we no dey dull @ all.To me this is pure yahoo runz,western union can be received anywhere in the world.This friend of yours just want to make you his dispatcher,don't ever agree to do it.

Na Yankee you dey school,u suppose don wise up pass this level.Am advising you as an ex-financial institution worker,this friend of yours just want to use you to do some dirty job,dont tarnish your reputation in the US whereby interpol/fbi will be on you.
Thanks bro i de feel u.. I don tell d guy off sha
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by Gigihabib(f): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
For your own sake dissociate yourself from that friend.Cut whatever ties you have with him.Someone who who has no qualms with using you as a mule isn't your friend.

2 Likes

Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by Kehnyshavin: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2016
warriboy21:
i'm a student doing my msc in the US,,.i have a long tine friend(Nigerian) in turkey who called me recently and ask me to help him receive money wiith western union from a friend in the uk .. but i told him that turkey has western union and why is it dat your friend cant send the money to you directly?. He said his friend does some business and he could only receive money in the US so the US contact have to resend the money to turkey.

i told him i smel scam but e said not to worry that its kool that som1 was receiving for him before but dat pesin has gone back to naija...

but i decided to ask my felow nairalnders what you think because i dont want anything that wud hinder my name in dis strange country.

Hi Warriboy, Please would like to make enquires about Valariso Uni, Please hit me up via whatsapp on 07034207229 or email: kehny dot olu at gmail dot com. Please reply at ur earliest convinence
Re: I'm I Being Scammed Or Used by rockyh(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2016
warriboy21:

it might be a drug related money he wants to attach ur account to. Better stay away from him n his money cos with Western Union u can transfer any where in the world. It's a big scam

(1) (Reply)

She Said This To Me; Should She Be Taken Serious? / When A Guy Dumps A Good Girl / Help Am Suffering From Skin Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.