Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,649 members, 7,975,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:30 AM

My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (31902 Views)

Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage / My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by shozillo(m): 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
coolh3ad:
"Initial Gra Gra" is worrying you brother....He wanna get married at 24??...huh??..The kain cheating wey he go cheat on that girl ehn, she'll regret meeting him in the first place...Who dey pursue your brother/the two of them....Do they know what marriage is all about?....Ohhhh...I guess he/they think its exactly the same as Boyfriend and Girlfriend parole abi......I smh 4 ur bro...

U Need to read more History and law books and less of ONTV...
The legal age to get married is 18yrs and from time imemorial and now till thy kingdom comes! Guys who will marry @24 would always be amongst us!
Talk 4 urself and STOP using Ur Status 2 judge others...
MARRIAGE is a LIFE LONG LEARNING Activity!! A 25yr old Man with Marriage EXPERIENCE is better than a 40yr old with NO EXPERIENCE

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by LUCASC(m): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
@ 24 is not bad but d bedrock of this matter is been financially independent, he can't just marry now and hope for manna to fall from heaven. steady income is d number one priority in marriage.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by acada111(f): 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
Michizzy:

That's why I said, both parties should be matured psychological and also it's a belief that with age comes maturity, people expect you to be more matured as you grow older. Your brother may be matured enough to handle marriage complexities but what about the OP's brother? You are using your brother to generalize other males.

You're right
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Philadelphia: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
OP. Something tells me that the person who wants to marry at 24 is not your younger brother. Rather, it's your boyfriend. Going through your profile picture, you don't look like a 25 or 26 year old to have a younger brother of 24 years.
Confess now!
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Philadelphia: 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
swaggprofessor:
Wait, really?? ur mumu is baffling.

If it's baffling you, kindly hit your head against the nearest pillar.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by swaggprofessor(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
Philadelphia:

If it's baffling you, kindly hit your head against the nearest pillar.
I will if u simply agree that u b mumu.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Teeboy22(m): 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
richidinho:

belle keh

i don marry....if you no dey skull i advise u go do same

Richi richi..... How nah......alaaye nah you oh grin
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by fortunechy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2016
ask google
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by coolh3ad(m): 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
shozillo:

U Need to read more History and law books and less of ONTV...
The legal age to get married is 18yrs and from time imemorial and now till thy kingdom comes! Guys who will marry @24 would always be amongst us!
Talk 4 urself and STOP using Ur Status 2 judge others...
MARRIAGE is a LIFE LONG LEARNING Activity!! A 25yr old Man with Marriage EXPERIENCE is better than a 40yr old with NO EXPERIENCE

Dey there dey deceive yourself....You think say na yankee you dey....No get work go dey marry at 24...the kain hunger wey go finish you, you sef no go fit explain....why didn't you get married at 18 since its the legal age....or did you....Bros park well abeg and stop all these grammar wey you just pack full here....
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by baloney: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
marry for 24 no work your father na dangote, dantata or elumelu
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by shozillo(m): 11:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
coolh3ad:

Dey there dey deceive yourself....You think say na yankee you dey....No get work go dey marry at 24...the kain hunger wey go finish you, you sef no go fit explain....why didn't you get married at 18 since its the legal age....or did you....Bros park well abeg and stop all these grammar wey you just pack full here....
lol.Ur grandparents and Greatgrandparents married b4 25!..were they Americans?

U need 2 go Out More and see 20's Getting Married in Nigeria...East/North and Hinterlands in Nigeria!...talk abt wat u cant do..dnt speak 4 others..
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Rosheedah(f): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
theGistsonline:
If your YOUNGER brother has completed his NYSC & you're here discussing / deciding on HIS future life plans with this type of ENGLISH GRAMMAR, I think you should worry about the log in your eyes than the spec you see in his eyes!

Lool cheesy cheesy
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by coolh3ad(m): 12:03am On Mar 05, 2016
shozillo:

U need 2 go Out More and see 20's Getting Married in Nigeria...East/North and Hinterlands in Nigeria!...talk abt wat u cant do..dnt speak 4 others..

Not here to argue with you..Talking about my grandparents and greatgrandparents, that was then...In the Early years and most of them were into farming and money had value then too.....Bro, we are 2016..The guy just graduated from the university. He hasn't even served yet and has nothing bringing in money and you are advising him to get married because his grandparents and greatgrandparents married early....For real..Wake up and stop backing up your instances and examples with the past/early years...I am asking again?...since its legal to marry at 18, why didn't you marry at that age?...I agree say I no fit do am but why didn't you do it
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by coolh3ad(m): 12:16am On Mar 05, 2016
shozillo:

Talking about my grandparents and greatgrandparents, that was then...In the Early years and most of them were into farming and money had value too.....Bro, we are 2016..The guy just graduated from the university. He has nothing bringing in money and you are advising him to get married because his grandparents and greatgrandparents married early....For real..Wake up and stop backing up your instances and examples with the past/early years...I am asking again?...since its legal to marry at 18, why didn't you marry at that age?...I agree say I no fit do am but why didn't you do it
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by mikolo80: 5:20am On Mar 05, 2016
Sasuwa:

you mean it?
yes o, some of us don 36 with no money so no girl wan marry us. by the time (if we're still interested) we born na we go resemble the pikin grandpa. omotola na my mate, she don born 4,dis life is luck o. by the time she marry older guy wen serious and your brother de roam aimlessly de find left over woman wen go marry am una go con start fasting and prayers
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by mukhcech(m): 5:38am On Mar 05, 2016
Sasuwa:
He Just graduated , waiting for youth services and hard no work. Should we allow him?

Please let him. I married at 23. Em a serving Corp member in Sokoto state.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by tommiesyn: 6:20am On Mar 05, 2016
Hypocrisy at its peak!
24 too early to marry but too OK to engage in illicit/premarital sex.

& who says a 24 year old cannot be financially independent?
Who says he cannot be more responsible in all ramifications than older folks?

Tell me you haven't seen 29+ who are still broke & cannot even manage themselves talk less of maintaining another fellow.
& remind me you've not seen -25 who are made already.

Constitutionally, @18, you're considered responsible for your actions and reaction & therefore, you can independently take decision(s)

As long as you're focused & emotionally stable, you can go on.
Age is not really a yardstick, it is a thing of the mind.

Many unsuccessful marriages regardless of the couples' age & financial status.
If majority of you stay on this viewpoint of yours, it simply implies you won't be getting married, 35-40+ as long as you don't have that BIG money.
& your kids will call you Grandpa/ma.

You don't need huge cash flow to settle down, you need an income stream plus a good plan.

It is more of a mentality thing, quit being an idealist & embrace reality.
Better are the days of little beginning.
Societal expectations should not define your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by eitsei(m): 6:55am On Mar 05, 2016
praxs:
Depending on some factors higlighted here already.. How matured is he? Any source of income et al... Albeit such, i see no reason why at 24 one cannot get married.
Our parents did it, even in the present generation, pple are still doing it. Goto other countries, u will see such. Even in Nigeria, esp muslims do that. What is so wrong abt marriage at 24?
while am even thinking of getting married at 23
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by eitsei(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2016
I know someone who married at 23 immediately after nysc, now 2 kids don land..u don't have to b rich like dangote before u consider marriage
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by HaneefahRN(f): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2016
Sasuwa:
He Just graduated , waiting for youth services and hard no work. Should we allow him?

I av a brother tht married at 23 and is expecting his first child soon, he already has a good job plus supportive parents. So at 24, he is not in anyway young for marriage.

If u're Muslims they can do the Aqidun nikkah for them nw, but they shld't av children in their plans yet, till he is well settled and has at least a source of income, both families shld agree to support their children till then, if not he shld just chill till then, marriage isn't child's play.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by OwaMsn(m): 10:02am On Mar 05, 2016
tse1v1:
@24 YEARS IS NOT A CRIME THATS ACTUALLY THE BEST AGE IF HE BELIEVES HE CAN SURVIVE IT.............ITS LACK OF MONEY THAT MAKES US WAIT TILL 35 BEFORE GETTING MARRIED..........AT 44 HIS CHILD SHOULD BE AT LEAST 23YRS................IF MONEY DEY FORGET BOIZ GO MARRY AT 23 SELF grin

if the guy wan marry, make una leave am na em life everyone with different Grace.

I got married when i was 23 years age does not really matter in marriage what matters is taking up the responsibilities as a man that's what makes you the head of the house
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by richidinho(m): 11:51am On Mar 05, 2016
Teeboy22:

Richi richi..... How nah......alaaye nah you oh grin

my man longest tyme
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by shozillo(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
coolh3ad:

Talking about my grandparents and greatgrandparents, that was then...In the Early years and most of them were into farming and money had value too.....Bro, we are 2016..The guy just graduated from the university. He has nothing bringing in money and you are advising him to get married because his grandparents and greatgrandparents married early....For real..Wake up and stop backing up your instances and examples with the past/early years...I am asking again?...since its legal to marry at 18, why didn't you marry at that age?...I agree say I no fit do am but why didn't you do it

Lmao.U need to broaden ur scope.
1.so in 2016,there are NO YOUNG MILLONAIRES...come 2 yaba and see young bois with tangible source of income!
2.if u reali READ the OP article..u would hear the guy is INTO TRADING!
3.i knw 4 guys that got Married in my area @25...and if u r nt an OLODO..u would knw dat some ppl that didnt go to school always marry early because they have a Marketable skills e.g I knw young printers in Somolu dat got married early!
4.U asked y i didnt do it...U didnt even ask if I Ever want to Get Married(because Not a pre-requisite 2 enter Heaven)
CHANGE UR MINDSET!
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 06, 2016
idrezee:

I married when I was 23 and 6 months old. 2 weeks after my NYSC POP, I'm 25 going 26 now and I'm very happy I did it then. I didn't have a job and no hope for one, but I know I will sooner, and I sponsored everything from my NYSC savings and I have never collected a dime from my family. I hustled hard for my family and pray to God for sustainability.
abeg will u jump from 25 to35
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by SenatorJames(m): 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
I will advice your brother to wait not because of his age but because he didn't have stable source of income for now.

Early marriage has a lot of relative advantages.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Acidosis(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
How old is the girl?
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by coolh3ad(m): 11:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
shozillo:

Lmao.U need to broaden ur scope.
1.so in 2016,there are NO YOUNG MILLONAIRES...come 2 yaba and see young bois with tangible source of income!
2.if u reali READ the OP article..u would hear the guy is INTO TRADING!
3.i knw 4 guys that got Married in my area @25...and if u r nt an OLODO..u would knw dat some ppl that didnt go to school always marry early because they have a Marketable skills e.g I knw young printers in Somolu dat got married early!
4.U asked y i didnt do it...U didnt even ask if I Ever want to Get Married(because Not a pre-requisite 2 enter Heaven)
CHANGE UR MINDSET!

Lol...funny you...

1. "Young millionaires"....so na everybody sabi do "yahoo" abi.....even if dem no dey do yahoo, dem meet wealth for house.....so stop telling me dis "too good to be true" stories bro...

2. Trading?.....for real??...what kind of trading?

3. How you take know say dis boy has marketable skills....if he's making money, His sister won't come on nairaland to ask for advise..

4. You don't wanna get married or you running away from the responsibilties attached to it....

CHANGE YOUR MINDSET BEFORE YOU ASK ME TO CHANGE MINE........
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by shozillo(m): 8:11am On Mar 07, 2016
coolh3ad:

Lol...funny you...

1. "Young millionaires"....so na everybody sabi do "yahoo" abi.....even if dem no dey do yahoo, dem meet wealth for house.....so stop telling me dis "too good to be true" stories bro...

2. Trading?.....for real??...what kind of trading?

3. How you take know say dis boy has marketable skills....if he's making money, His sister won't come on nairaland to ask for advise..

4. You don't wanna get married or you running away from the responsibilties attached to it....

CHANGE YOUR MINDSET BEFORE YOU ASK ME TO CHANGE MINE........

Ok.U very Right!
I GIVE UP.U WIN.have a lovely week.Cheers
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by emekarl4u: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2016
please allow Him to cos the marriage may bring them open doors.remember BIBLE said HE THAT FINS A WIFE FINDS A GOO THING AND THE BLESSINGS OF GOD FOLLOWS THEM.
PLEASE LET THE BE.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by coolh3ad(m): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
shozillo:

Ok.U very Right!
I GIVE UP.U WIN.have a lovely week.Cheers

Lol...I was "very" ready to give up if you had countered me again...lol.....Have a wonderful week ahead too....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Begins Search For Her Mother Who Went Missing 28 Years Ago. Photos / She Caught Her Husband Red Handed, Cheating. / My Younger Brother Is Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.