Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,686 members, 7,930,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:32 PM

~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ (3223 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever " Borrowed" Food From Your Neighbour?

Yes: 18% (2 votes)
No: 81% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Funny And Strange Food From Around Nigeria. / Potato: A Medicinal Food From Nature / Housewife Caught Stealing Meat From Neighbour's Pot In Sapele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ cheesy That was Funny!

~I've had several discussion about "Food Borrowing" w/ some people since i started this thread! I've learnt Back Home it is actually common practice among very good neighbours!! Prolly will be considered "begging" w/ not so close/good neighbours grin

~The word "Borrow" in this context can be perceived as "Begging" but my understanding is people actually dont find anything wrong w/ asking the neighbour to bits & bobs in cases where they dont have/run out. . .

~IN the "Code" of Borrowing,there's no such thing as "Returning" what you borrow,prolly the borrowee will ask the borrower for something else next time round. . .

So if there is no return of what was borrowed, then, that is thief.
Cos when you borrow, you ought to return, and one day, Mama Chukwu will come and bring the door down, that she wants all the food she had borrowed u over the years.
God forbid, your pikin doing well, she will say, na cos she fed the kid
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
bluespice:

i like how there are food borrowing rules
same as nose picking and seat sniffing

What are the rules of food borrowing jare?
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
~LWKMD. . . . You're just taking the piss Fhemmmy  grin

~I'm Laffing so hard here,i've got tears in my eyes. . .
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Fhemmmy: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2009
na true now, abi i lie?
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by bluespice(f): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
fhemmy i see u having a laugh smiley
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
bluespice:

fhemmy i see u having a laugh smiley

A laff?
What is there to laff about with borrowing food?
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by SeanT21(f): 12:17am On Aug 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Do your husband knows that the food he is eating was borrowed too?
And when your husband is carrying big belle around the compound, Mama Chukwu, will be laffing that, your husband is growing bigger on her borrowed food to you.

I do not borrow cook food. I borrow things like pan, pots, Maggi, oil, etc. My husband does not need to know that the oil i use to fry the fish is from the neighbor. Like I said it all depends on Ur relationship with the person. My ex-neighbors and My family were very close so we all borrowed things.
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2009
SeanT21:

I do not borrow cook food. I borrow things like pan, pots, Maggi, oil, etc. My husband does not need to know that the oil i use to fry the fish is from the neighbor. Like I said it all depends on your relationship with the person. My ex-neighbors and My family were very close so we all borrowed things.

Instead of all the borrowing, if you chose to buy one of these things you need in a month, within a year, you would have been done buying them all, i think it is good to be on the other side of the borrowing, than being the one borrowing.
I pray my woman will never borrow such, cos the day i find out, i no know wetin i go do oh, borrow?
I guess one day, women will start to borrow husband then.
I think will be more easier to talk to the husband of what you need, and you guys know what u have and live within what you have.
A borrower will remain a slave to the person u borrowed from, regardless of the relationship btw u guys
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by SeanT21(f): 1:11am On Aug 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Instead of all the borrowing, if you chose to buy one of these things you need in a month, within a year, you would have been done buying them all, i think it is good to be on the other side of the borrowing, than being the one borrowing.
I pray my woman will never borrow such, cos the day i find out, i no know wetin i go do oh, borrow?
I guess one day, women will start to borrow husband then.
I think will be more easier to talk to the husband of what you need, and you guys know what u have and live within what you have.
A borrower will remain a slave to the person u borrowed from, regardless of the relationship btw u guys

Gotcha!! wink
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2009
chaircover:

Femi is right.

Another aspect to this is learning good management & forward planning skills. As the woman of the house, and without looking in your cupboard you should be able to know how much food & ingredients you have left and not wait until its all gone before replacing.

Borrowing food sends the wrong message accross to the kids.

Yes oh, the only cover of the chair.
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by CrazyMan(m): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
God will never let me borrow food from anyone.
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2009
crazykid:

God will never let me borrow food from anyone.

Amen and me too.
Re: ~ Ever " Borrowed " Food From Your Neighbour? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
~Me Three! tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Fruit Is This Please / Coca Cola Bottling Killing Us Slowly And We Dont Know It / See The Beautiful Cake My Mom And I Baked And Designed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.