Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,805 members, 7,882,810 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:33 PM

Funny Things That Children Say - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Things That Children Say (21520 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by mukina2: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2009
Utaroz:

I recall an embarassing incident when an aunt visited with her 6 month old baby. My step brother was barely a year and not quite weaned on beast milk yet. Both women were busy breastfeeding the kids at one time when it was suddenly discovered that Alice was having trouble controlling Sammy (my step brother). The struggle went on in silence untill in a frustrated gesture, Alice sat the kid down on the couch with an unceremonious  thud.
Everyone was aghast at the treatment meted out to (the now wailing) Sammy. When asked why she took such drastic measures on a poor sweet and innocent child, she ignored all of us, It was then we noticed Sammy gesticulating with little fingers toward the apparently heavier & well rounded boobs of my aunt.

When the nickel dropped, some coughed in embarassment, while others did their best to control their laughter. Alice' busts were small but no-one expected a one year old to make such a comparison!
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by princekevo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2009
Can still remember those days we were kids, our lastborn saw a Volks wagen beettles running at high speed, Am sure he was amazed at the speed this little beettles was going,
And he goes omg!! brother can u see how speed this small car is running, even over taking the big cars.
only God know how fast is gonna run when it grows up, lol
Omg we didnt stop making joke of him with this, even as he grows up

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by koolchicco: 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2009
One day i was going to church with me niece and I gave her 2 monies,One for church offering and the other money for her biscuit.However as we were getting closer to the church gate one of her monies fell inside the pit(sewage),then i quickly encourage her to keep the remaining  money for God.She had this worrisome look on her face,then after a moment she said thus:"Uncle,but the Pastor always says that GOD is everywhere therefore let GOD go inside the gutter(sewage) and collect his money 'cos this one(pointing at the remainin money in her hand) is for my biscuit".
I was shocked!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by father2father4eva(m): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2009
My son after watching our wedding pictures he asked my wife, mum everybody in this picture is laughing but why is daddy cring cool
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by rasputinn(m): 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
Question: What's your father's name?

Answer:Daddy

1 Like

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by damola1: 11:30pm On Aug 22, 2009
koolchicco:

One day i was going to church with me niece and I gave her 2 monies,One for church offering and the other money for her biscuit.However as we were getting closer to the church gate one of her monies fell inside the pit(sewage),then i quickly encourage her to keep the remaining  money for God.She had this worrisome look on her face,then after a moment she said thus:"Uncle,but the Pastor always says that GOD is everywhere therefore let GOD go inside the gutter(sewage) and collect his money 'cos this one(pointing at the remainin money in her hand) is for my biscuit".
I was shocked!! grin grin
father2father4eva:

My son after watching our wedding pictures he asked my wife, mum everybody in this picture is laughing but why is daddy cring cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by whiteroses(f): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
you think that[b] is embarassing, i was in a bus with my nephew, one white pikin starts crying people were like aww, then another baby starts crying when she sees the first baby crying people were like aww, so maybe my nephew doesnt wants to feel left out he starts crying too but that day he sounds like a goat cryning screaming baa baa baa baa and people were having confused-worry faces i was soo embarssed[/b] embarassed embarassed
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by robby1(m): 11:49pm On Aug 22, 2009
Hehe, my mum is always talking of some funny thing my elder sister did when she was young, say about 5 or 6 years old.
there was a neigbours wife they used to call amebo in secret because, well it was an open secret that she is. . .amebo.
So my mum had slaughtered a goat cos it was festve season and in the usual manner, sent out some pieces to the few women that live around, so she sent my little sister to give this woman her share. On getting there, she started saying, "Amebo, my mama say make i give you. . ."  before she was silenced by a hot slap. . . and she ran back home crying. Still a big joke in our family today.

and this time, i was talking to my little cousin in the US and jokingly, i asked her if she has a boy friend. She was 4 years old then. She looked away shyly and i was still wondering if i should have asked that question at all, till she sheilded her face with her palm so the dad wont see her, slowly turned her face towards me and nodded slowly. . .

1 Like

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by kaydee(m): 12:26am On Aug 23, 2009
r_o_b_b_y:

Hehe, my mum is always talking of some funny thing my elder sister did when she was young, say about 5 or 6 years old.
there was a neigbours wife they used to call amebo in secret because, well it was an open secret that she is. . .amebo.
So my mum had slaughtered a goat cos it was festve season and in the usual manner, sent out some pieces to the few women that live around, so she sent my little sister to give this woman her share. On getting there, she started saying, "Amebo, my mama say make i give you. . ."  before she was silenced by a hot slap. . . and she ran back home crying. Still a big joke in our family today.

LWKMD!!!!
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Cheexie(m): 1:34am On Aug 23, 2009
maxtop:

grin grin grin, funny enough my kid has not started talking.

Good for you

@Posters
You guys crack me
All ya who posted rock
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by luvbooks(f): 1:35am On Aug 23, 2009
Donvilo:

"Uncle, why is your teeth big? Oh my God! What an embarrassment! grin grin

OMG !!! So funny! Lol!
Jarus:

@skillworks , I want to believe that is a fabrication.

@topic
My 3 year old nephew came to holiday wt us a couple of months ago. He now entered grandma's room one night when there was no light and found grandma changing, at d point wia her cloth covered her face. he just screamed and ran bak to sitting room, claiming he saw ojuju. Grandma came out to tell her she was d one he saw, but to no avail. The boy refused to enter dat room in 4 days and insisting there was ojuju in grandma's room. All efforts by everyone to convince him proved    abortive. I even told him ojuju is just imaginary but he refused to listen to everyone
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by whiteroses(f): 1:45am On Aug 23, 2009
father2father4eva:

daddy dey wowo or hunger done stack his face down lipsrsealed
i joke
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:09am On Aug 23, 2009
Kids can be very Funny,  My Uncle told me one day that we make him laff wen me and my friend were kid @ 6 (i dont believe him sha)
He told me that he was at the living room watching Tv, when me and my friend came back from sch and he forced us to do our Assignment. He leave us and went back to the tv he was watching. The Convo goes like this between me and my friend.

Me: Dont do the Assignment can't u see its hard
My Friend: (He touched the table whr we placed our book) and he say it's hard truely!
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Ejike3: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2009
grin these little kids are funny grin
When my little nephew was small the dad taught him how to switch on the Television and other gadgets. Sometimes he may say Daniel go and swithch on the TV. The boy always ask 'I should on it'?
One day I bought buscuit for him, after trying his best to unwrap it without success, he came back to me and said uncle please on it for me. I asked him what he mean, he said please on the biscuit for me.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by mukina2: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2009
Ejike3:

grin these little kids are funny grin
When my little nephew was small the dad taught him how to switch on the Television and other gadgets. Sometimes he may say Daniel go and swithch on the TV. The boy always ask 'I should on it'?
One day I bought buscuit for him, after trying his best to unwrap it without success, he came back to me and said uncle please on it for me. I asked him what he mean, he said please on the biscuit for me.
why u sef nor on na now grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Ejike3: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2009
Don't mind children, he thought everything is electronics. cheesy
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Isisasi: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2009
I was trying out fun ways to teach me three year old how to count. Over a meal of rice and plantain, the following dialougue took place

Daddy: Deolu, lets count the pieces of "dodo" on your plate.

Deolu: one, two, three four.

Daddy: very good! clap for yourself

Deolu: now lets count the rice.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Ejike3: 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2009
Isisasi:

You wan try? They have all the time in the world.
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by HYBRIDX(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2009
check this

my aunts 2 boys were fighting so she had to wade in ,she ask a simple question

aunty : ok who is guilty ?

d smallest one replies so quick before his older brother could respond: mummy mummy i am guilty (obviously the little chap didnt know the meaning of the word "guilty "prolly tot it meant innnnocent )

1 Like

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by HYBRIDX(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2009
now this one was very very embarrassing

i have this uncle who has this little kid , about 2-3 yrs old ( cant really remember) this uncle of mine was having a get together with his old school mates and there was this friend of his that came in with his wife and kids , apparently my uncle was carrying his boy, as the boy saw his dads friend he said "YAM HEAD " very loud . . . . . .there was a sudden silence then all of a sudden his dads friend he called yam head burst into laughter , . . .and so did everyone at the gathering ,

on a real,that dude had a yam shaped head and that was his nick name from way back . . .
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by captured(f): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2009
This is def my fav thread. been laafin so hard, everyone has logged on.
Makes me wonder what to expect since my 1yr old who is just starting to talk is sharp enough to know big from small size especially in edibles and laughs at my stepdad everytime he outwits him.

Just this afternoon, hy s/dad was trying to tuck him in bed and the boy just twisted then got off teh bed (in his imagination, a safe distance) then started laughing in a mocking manner. He knows to drag adults to doors when he meets them closed

HE later took biscuit to my cousin and said 'take', that one took and held on till he start screaming 'gimme gimme'
he collected it and moved on to his dad, repeated the same thing, when he got to me, he left the biscuit with me, went to get plate, cup and his feeding chair, just sat there till i opened the biscuit and poured it in the plate

he hasnt even started talking and he screams when watching football, dances to gospel and yori yori
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by GTay(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2009
from a 5 year old mid-way through dinner,

"Mummy the stew is too stewy!" lol
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Olisa4all: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2009
"aunty begs too much" ROTFLMAO. .
d only hilarious 1 i can remember was actually a Virgin Nigera advert on radio where "junior" says to his dad, "I'll tell mummy u gave dat yellow one ur number" lol
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by chamotex(m): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2009
Uncle, I want to drink Big Stout
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Cheexie(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2009

Just count the rice because judging by experience, children usually always get what they want
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by whiteroses(f): 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2009
people please write more i'm laughing my fucking ass off grin but dont lie o cos some are adding jara tho cool
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Olisa4all: 1:14am On Aug 24, 2009
No b small jara,lol
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 24, 2009
Some yrs back when my youngest sister was still little. She formed d habit of staring at visitors whenever they were offered refreshments. My eldest sister would always scold her when they left.
One fateful sunday afternoon, a visitor came, and was offered a bottle of coke. My sister in her usual habit, went directly in front of him and kept staring at him. A bit ruffled, the man said "hey little girl, go and bring ur cup let me put for u". My little sister calmly replied, " no uncle, i want to drink frm the bottle". Mind u this conversation was in igbo. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Arabambi1: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2009
you are BIG years old.

cant stop laughing.

This is my experience.
I visited a friend and was staying in the guest room. His 3 eyars daughter came to play with me and was in my bathroom when the house maid caller her to come and have her lunch.
Housemaid: Angela, where are you? your lunch is ready
Angela: Aunty, I'm coming in the guest bathroom
Housemaid: What are you doing there?
Angela: I am boboing

I cant stop laughing and after coming out I asked what would she had said if she was urinating
she said "I am weweing"

wewe, what? grin
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Saharo: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2009
Someone shared this sometimes ago:

A family comprising of mother, father, a 3yr old boy and a 6 months old baby were relaxing at home on a Saturday afternoon.

The mother was breastfeeding the little baby when a friend to their dad came in. After exchanging pleasantries with the family, he looked at the 3yr old and joking said.

Sammy, you don’t suck breast ….

Sammy replied…. No, I don’t suck breast O. It’s only daddy and baby that suck breast.

Another

I have “Speechless” by Michael Jackson on my phone and most times, my little daughter will asked me to play it for her.

On the Saturday after Michael Jackson’s death, she asked for my phone and was repeatedly playing speechless, speechless and hum the other part of the song. After some time, she came back to me;

Mummy, why did Michael Jackson die? I don’t know why I replied, but he was sick and died.
But, will he wake up again? No, I replied, he is dead, he cannot wake up again.
Ha Ha, why can’t he wake up now, It’s not possible I replied.
But why is it not possible eh, Shebi Jesus Christ died and wakes up again, why can’t Michael Jackson wake up.

It took me time before I could explain that Jesus cannot be compared to Michael Jackson
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by Flakky26(f): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2009
A small girl calling her dad S.H,because she often hears her mum calling her father S.H,which is the short form for SWEET HEART.
Re: Funny Things That Children Say by MrKelly: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2009
My neighbour's son was spanked by his mum for failing to heed her advice. Looking at his mum, he snared, "I will tell my mummy".

He calls his dad "honey".

This is perhaps because he hears his mum address him as "honey".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? / South African Lady's Mother Surprised Her With A Car / How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.