Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,106 members, 7,887,210 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily (4875 Views)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / 1,000 Ex-militants To Get Samsung Job Offer / Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by chyk91(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
only in naija can this happen
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by JAZES(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2009
am lost for words and dont know what to say, sorry for this country and our leaders
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2009
Keep on fighting for ya Rice my brethren. grin
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2009
Keep on fighting for ya Rice my brethren. grin
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by lannre(m): 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2009
mAYBE SOMEONE WILL HELP (TURAI) TO TELL YAR DUA THAT HE HAS FAILED
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by chyk91(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2009
dont say anytin, dere is nothin 2 say.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by lannre(m): 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2009
danexd:

This is a Simple Illustration that our (imposed) Government is willing to "settle" any group that tends to violence, understand that am not condemning the militants because of the method they are using, The emphasis is that "our" government prefers to settle instead, then sweep the real issue under the carpet, what a shame, This is serious i gbadu the idea, all unemployed in the house, how do we proceed??

nO NEED OF ASKING START A NETWORK NOW,IT NOT NECESSARY WITH GUN,START MAYBE THRU TEXT MESSAGES,IT WILL MOVE FAST THINK OF THE WORDINGS YOU HAVE A GOOD CASE YOU WANT TO WORK AND THEY DID NOT GIVE YOU AND YOU ARE NEED TO MAKE ENDS MEET TOO
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by lynxnoon(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2009
UTTER RUBBISH!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by tayoast(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2009
init4dmoni:

wait lets do the maths
assuming the 10,000 accept the offer=[20,000 + (1500 x 31)] x 10000
=N665000000/month

This much for militants?

If the Govt. votes this amt for all tertiary insts. in d country, we wouldn't be where we are today.

N65k/month for criminals.

Again, National Youth Service Corps Members r paid N9,775/month which represents some 17% of wt d criminals will enjoy. This is ridiculous!
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by olabukola: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2009
Why are you people whinning? Don't you people like it? Are we not one Nigeria agains?
The payout is to keep our one Nigeria together.

You people should stop this and encourage the govt to pay them more so that they will be happy and we keep our One Nigeria.

Useless Nigerians
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by rasputinn(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2009
tayo_ast:

This much for militants?

If the Govt. votes this amt for all tertiary insts. in d country, we wouldn't be where we are today.

N65k/month for criminals.

Again, National Youth Service Corps Members r paid N9,775/month which represents some 17% of wt d criminals will enjoy. This is ridiculous!

angry angry angry
Yar Adua is just clueless

10,000 Militants to Get Amnesty, N65,000 monthly
From Juliana Taiwo in Abuja, 07.18.2009

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Up to10, 000 militants in the troubled Niger Delta could benefit from the amnesty offered by the federal government aimed at ending the crisis in the region, which has almost crippled the oil industry.
The chief coordinator of the Amnesty Implemen-tation Committee, Air Vice Marshal Lucky Ararile, announced this yesterday in Abuja at a special media dialogue on the status of the amnesty deal.
Ararile also announced that the federal government has budgeted N200 million to feed the targeted 10,000 militants that will turn up to lay down their arms at the 50 to 60 camps spread across the six Niger Delta states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Ondo and Rivers.
"We are working on about 10,000 militants. Each militant will receive an allowance of N20, 000 per month in addition to N1, 500 per day for food while at a reintegration centre, translating to N65,000 a month.
“Disarmament and demobilisation part of the programme will last 60 days. Thereafter, the reintegration programme is indeterminate," Ararile said.
He said a few militants have already surrendered their arms but declined to give a specific figure.
Ararile continued: “If you compute 20,000 per month by 10,000 ex-militants, we will be talking of billions of naira. This is for the disarmament and demobilization part of the programme, which is for 60 days.
“Their duration at the camps will depend on the things they want to do. Some of skills will be acquired at home while others will be sent to relevant institutions to learn a trade, or back to school for those who want an education.
“For the re-integration centres, we are thinking of either building new ones or renovating structures that are available. But because of time constraint, we may be forced to renovate.
“So in certain cases, we are renovating and in others we will build. The degree of renovation varies from facility to facility but there is no fixed figure on that.”
He called on more militants to take advantage of the amnesty offer and commended the level of enthusiasm so far expressed by those who have already surrendered their weapons.
“I think is in the interest of everybody to end this right now. Most Niger Deltans are tired.
“They are now the victims of this whole struggle. It is virtually impossible for development to take place in the Niger Delta today with the level of violence that we have.
“It is not just development that is affected, even our individual social lives have been completely affected.”
The Media Coordinator of the committee, Dr. Timiebi Koripamo-Agary, added that the consequences of this crisis “as we have seen in Gbaramatu Kingdom, is that it is the women and children that have been displaced.
“This is the reason we think the militants should accept this amnesty and save their parents, their mothers, even their grandparents the pain they are going through.
“If you should visit this camp, you will see a very sorry sight. The activity that led to this displacement shouldn’t have happened.”
Asked if the committee is in touch with Government Tompolo, a key militant, Ararile said there has been no direct contact with him.
It would be recalled that President Umaru Yar'Adua had announced the offer of amnesty from August 6 to October 4, 2009 for all those directly and indirectly engaged in militant activities in the Niger Delta.
Henry Okah, the leader for the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta had all charges against him dropped as part of the amnesty deal. He was released from jail last Monday.
In response, MEND declared a 60-day ceasefire on its "oil war" which has seen oil production cut by 50 percent
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by rasputinn(m): 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2009
lannre:

mAYBE SOMEONE WILL HELP (TURAI) TO TELL YAR DUA THAT HE HAS FAILED

Talking about that Turai,I happened upon the TV coverage of the launch of her cancer initiative when OBJ was talking and unconsciously I went,now that was a better suited person for the office of the president.Yar adua lacks the political stature to occupy that seat,it's so bad that if you were doing your utmost best to believe that there's still hope for this country,all you needed for that belief to varnish into thin air was just to see the picture of Yardua in either the print and electronic media
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by ifele(m): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ imranmo

Are you a real native Nigerian? Blackish or black or are you white european? Imranmo you are oreo.

It is not the interest of the American or European oil companies that matter now. What matters is real freedom to

own land and the contents of the land. The Niger Delta peoples own that land and whats on and below it, thats

their right. The oil belongs to them not to Fed Gov which is controlled by PDP members. The dependence on foreign

mining capital is the main problem. The foreign big oil companies have to leave Nigeria we do not need their capital

any more. We are capable of generating our own capital but the PDP kleptos and worshippers of whitey dont want

that. We freedom loving peoples can still win.The peoples are waking up, their eyes are opening to the truth. Awon eniyan ji oju wan sin la si oooto.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by ifele(m): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2009
@danexd

I support your idea. I am unemployed too. We gotta get our selves together and formulate idealogies and

strategies to combat I mean combat the PDP machine. We can have army of unemployed revolutionaries but its

just a mattter of funding and administration now because the masses of unemployed they are ready to join up

with us.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by asha2: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2009
ifele:

@danexd

I support your idea. I am unemployed too. We gotta get our selves together and formulate idealogies and

strategies to combat I mean combat the PDP machine. We can have army of unemployed revolutionaries but its

just a mattter of funding and administration now because the masses of unemployed they are ready to join up

with us.
the problem is not PDP but the way the country is structured and run
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by sley4life(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2009
Anyone ready to join MEND should submit his CV so that the allowee from the FG will be wired to them
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by ifele(m): 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ ASHA 2

who ran the country down? PDP. who destructed the country? PDP. So its ok to blame PDP members for the

problems we see in society and governement. PDP is filled with evil minded Nigerians who want to establish

corruption and poverty. I am not saying that PDP invented corruption. There was corruption and oppression b4 PDP

was established but that does not mean PDP is free of guilt. We are fighting a war against real human criminals

and their agents. And thess real human criminals are the PDP.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by ifele(m): 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ ASHA 2

who ran the country down? PDP. who destructed the country? PDP. So its ok to blame PDP members for the

problems we see in society and governement. PDP is filled with evil minded Nigerians who want to establish

corruption and poverty. I am not saying that PDP invented corruption. There was corruption and oppression b4 PDP

was established but that does not mean PDP is free of guilt. We are fighting a war against real human criminals

and their agents. And these real human criminals are the PDP.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by kaycast(m): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2009
Honestly its a sad story, our goverment would rather prefer to focus on insignificant things, we are so used to covering things up and not tackling it from the root, this is putting icing on a destroyed cake, whats going to happen?
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Meldrick(m): 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2009
It's glaing that we now have mediocres in the seat of government. All of them spitting out offensive and irritating policies that will not take the country anywhere. Are we really progressing in this country? I sincerely believe Obasanjo's regime was far better than this baba- go slow.
How would proffessionals, economic advisers of the President of a nation propose 20,000 monthly for criminals who make millions monthly. Do they think?

It's quit unfortunate militancy has come to stay in Nigeria and the only end to the problem is a disintegration/break-up of this entity called Nigeria. Even if the Niger-Delta is turned into Europe, those criminals will certainly not stop their evil act. It's already a proffession. Iam from the Niger-Delta(Warri) to be precise so I have a perfect understanding of the state of things in my place but these criminals have deviated from the ultimate agenda into making money from criminality. It is more painful that the government of the country have started negotiating with criminals. I bet the United States won't do that. If a solution is not found, I forsee it spreading into other parts of Africa. The buisness has become lucrative.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Agbero1: 3:05am On Jul 20, 2009
init4dmoni:

wait lets do the maths
assuming the 10,000 accept the offer=[20,000 + (1500 x 31)] x 10000
=N665000000/month
N665million per month
over 7 billion naira a year spent on people that dedicate their lives to destroying lives and property
it looks to me like they are encouraging this kind of behavoir

STARTING WHAT THEY WILL NEVER FINISH
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Agbero1: 3:07am On Jul 20, 2009
[center] I WOULD RATHER LIVE LIKE LION IN THE JUNGLE
THAN LIVE LIKE A DOG IN THE CITY[/center]
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by tkb417(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2009
pay them 20k to buy bullets or do what?
i dont understand?

Those millionaires to be paid 20k shocked shocked shocked shocked
chei!!!
how come we have a dull Govt?

This country no go kill meeeeeeeeeee ooo
wahali

they will just be collecting 20k to buy beer and continue thier nefarious activities without anybody holding them?
we are in soup
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by tkb417(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2009
chei!!! 7k5 for youth corpers and 20k for criminals? grin grin grin grin
i to they said we no get money to pay ASUU?

were ni yaradua yi sha grin
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by emmydee(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2009
FG and all the people that came up with this 20k idea must be stupid. how can u pay people who are used to millions of dollars that kind of money? FG should be talking about handing over d govt to d militants and not just 20k per month. Rubbish!
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by la1(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2009
coup de tat, simple
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by nairakween: 11:02am On Jul 20, 2009
This is good. Guarateed shelter, food, a 20k stipend and a chance at long term career/vocational support is nothing to sniff at.  Foot soldiers dont make as much money as you all imagine. Besides the life expectancy to enjoy de mullah is low. Most likely you may be wasted by infighting in ur own camp or fights between rival camps. Anyone in PH during the Ateke Soboma fight knows what I mean. They kill each other more than JTF does. Who no wan stay alive.

The big shot militants have serious cash to invest and will probably just do a legitimate form of thier business. Asari came out of the creeks long ago is he poor?
At least the pressure to spend all thier dough on guns will reduce. They go still buy I know but not as much.

Latsly the big guns can do proper politics instead of being hired guns for the politicians that helped create them. Every thing is in a state of flux.

If you love militants so much at least no you can vote for  any that runs for office ar ask one to sponsor you to run. Me sef fit consider this route.
Men love to glamorize war. e dey tire me.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by WilyWily: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2009
More Bombings are coming soon
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by codeworks(m): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2009
very simple, if they accept the amnesty or package from FG, then they are fighting for their own interest. what happened to families, communities, villages, people, properties they destroyed during the fight. God will judge them
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by lapo(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2009
This seems to me another way of siphoning cash unless there is absolute transparency in the process. The Nigerian public will like to how the federal government arrived at this decision. Again the Nigerian public would like to ask if this kind of monetary enticement would not encourage more youths to carry arms.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by ud4u: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2009
In the first place, how do Yaradua came about with settlement of militants, so it means that what they are agitating for can not be achieved rather they want to shut up the militants with salary and wages.  

Imagine Government coughing out six hundred and fifty million naira (N650, 000,000) monthly for settlement of militants, these money would have gone a long way in developing those areas.

They left what is supposed to be done and are pursuing shadows. Come to think of it who will give them good advice? They are the people manipulating the number of militants in order to get more money. Now we have ghost militants.

God Help Nigeria.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by lekanjohn(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2009
I better become a militant than becoming a youth corper who barely make N :9,000 in a month shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej Did Not Show Up At CHOGM / Picture Of A Slaughtered Muslim Soldier In Gonin Gora, Kaduna. / Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.