Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,319 members, 7,881,168 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:45 PM

A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets (1606 Views)

Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / 2 Nigerian Bankers Gatecrash In PMB US Dinner. / First Igbo Appointee In Pmb's Administration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
I ve been watching the continuos slide in every facets of our economy and i stand to be corrected that one of the reasons was because PMB put square pegs in round holes by appointing people who dont have any competence or qualification in the ministry they were posted to.

I read management in school and i can tell you that if you put me in a technical ministry like Power i will have difficulty delivering to my optimum because the lexicons are not what im conversant with.

Some ministers like Fashola who is a lawyer by profession has failed to deliver because he has a zero in the technical know how of power generation.

Another person is Kayode Fayemi who is on ghost mode in solid minerals ministry because he cant even diffrentiate between a bauxite and Tin

Lets not mention a medical doctor who was given the post of labour and productivity to generate employment for Nigerians but so far has only provided job for John Ocholi son.

Do you want us to talk about an accountant in Finance Ministry, no comment

The way forward is Putting Square pegs in Square holes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by ladyF(f): 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
grin
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by bettercreature(m): 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
I wonder what concern you with Buhari's government
See all the trash you typed above on top your 5%

2 Likes

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by goodvision12(m): 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
.Everybody is a stakeholder in pmb's govt.
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
im a Nigeria i pay my tax and so i have a stake in this country. I was on queue through out today to buy fuel so also you so ive got every right to complain

4 Likes

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by bettercreature(m): 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
im a Nigeria i pay my tax and so i have a stake in this country. I was on queue through out today to buy fuel so also you so ive got every right to complain
Which taxes are you talking about? the one you are paying that is dragging us back? When IPOD kid pay 200 million naira taxes,Nigerian government would use 1 billion naira to fix bombed pipeline so what are you talking about?
You people are just dragging our back

2 Likes

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Ofodirinwa: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
How can you ask for technocrats? when he was campaigning which technocrat did he have around him?

When people who didn't go to school and have no real careers outside of politics like Nyako, Obasanjo, Amaechi, Sahara Reporters, and co were bad mouthing world class professionals like Ngozi Iweala, Adesina, Stella Oduah, Akunliyi, Onyebuchi Chukwu, Sanusi many Nigerians were on twitter promoting APC.

We had a better administration than this country deserved last year and we insulted them finish. Today we're being told by Buhari that Nigerians need to stop sending their kids abroad to school while his kids are abroad schooling because in his words he can 'afford it'. Jonathans kids schooled 100% in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by eleojo23: 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
You are asking a Nigerian what concerns him with (Buhari) the president's government?
Na wa for you o.
Contrary to your moniker, I think you no be better creature!

3 Likes

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
A major problem we have in this country is that which i listed above. Obasanjo gave Bola Ige Power ministry instead of Justice and we saw how power suffered and Obj promise of no more blackout in 2003 but we were greeted with blackout on that day

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by bettercreature(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
goodvision12:
You are wrong! These people never wish us well,all they want is downfall of this country,go to facebook,twitter,aljazeera blog and many other website and read what ipod youths are saying about Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
Which taxes are you talking about? the one you are paying that is dragging us back? When IPOD kid pay 200 million naira taxes,Nigerian government would use 1 billion naira to fix bombed pipeline so what are you talking about?
You people are just dragging our back
What are you even saying here? The blabbing is much abeg

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
How can you ask for technocrats? when he was campaigning which technocrat did he have around him?

When people who didn't go to school and have no real careers outside of politics like Nyako, Obasanjo, Amaechi, Sahara Reporters, and co were bad mouthing world class professionals like Ngozi Iweala, Adesina, Stella Oduah, Akunliyi, Onyebuchi Chukwu, Sanusi many Nigerians were on twitter promoting APC.

We had a better administration than this country deserved last year and we insulted them finish. Today we're being told by Buhari that Nigerians need to stop sending their kids abroad to school while his kids are abroad schooling because in his words he can 'afford it'. Jonathans kids schooled 100% in Nigeria.
A look at Gej government will see that technocrats manned 90% of the core ministries.

One day Olajumoke will be a solid mineral minister in this government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
You are wrong! These people never wish us well,all they want is downfall of this country,go to facebook,twitter,aljazeera blog and many other website and read what ipod youths are saying about Nigeria
Are you more Nigerian than the igbos who contribute their quota to its gtoeth and development.

Please stop all these negative talk for your health sad angry angry
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
goodvision12:
He is only pained

Lalasticlala am i right
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
Cc erunz firefire anonimi francizy kenai tippytop dcomrade dunkem drss tonyebarcanista isrealiairforce kenny987 and other patriots

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by AZeD1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
I ve been watching the continuos slide in every facets of our economy and i stand to be corrected that one of the reasons was because PMB put square pegs in round holes by appointing people who dont have any competence or qualification in the ministry they were posted to.
I read management in school and i can tell you that if you put me in a technical ministry like Power i will have difficulty delivering to my optimum because the lexicons are not what im conversant with.
Some ministers like Fashola who is a lawyer by profession has failed to deliver because he has a zero in the technical know how of power generation.
Another person is Kayode Fayemi who is on ghost mode in solid minerals ministry because he cant even diffrentiate between a bauxite and Tin
Lets not mention a medical doctor who was given the post of labour and productivity to generate employment for Nigerians but so far has only provided job for John Ocholi son.
Do you want us to talk about an accountant in Finance Ministry, no comment
The way forward is Putting Square pegs in Square holes
1) The finance minister is an Economist, simple google search would help you.
2) Ministers are policy drivers and the fact that you will fail in a technical ministry says a lot about your intelligence (No offence).
- Head of World bank is a Medical doctor
- The UK Secretary of State for Energy studied History
- The UK Minister of State for Energy studied Political Science.
3) Unless your definition of technocrat means something else, a good number of the ministers were doing well in the private sector before they joined government.

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by TippyTop(m): 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

2) Ministers are policy drivers and the fact that you will fail in a technical ministry says a lot about your intelligence (No offence).
3) Unless your definition of technocrat means something else, a good number of the ministers were doing well in the private sector before they joined government.

So who or what do we blame for the non performance of Buhari's ministers?

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by TippyTop(m): 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:

Yeah!
When in a hole blame IPOB, how long are you going to blame phantom enemies?

2 Likes

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

Adeosun has always worjed in an accounting field for most of her careers and the way the UK is ztructured and developed even a graduate in fisheries will do well in the energy ministry becsuse their system has evolved unlike our osn which is still in embryonic stage and needs technocrsts to take us to the UK level
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by AZeD1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
TippyTop:

So who or what do we blame for the non performance of Buhari's ministers?
The performance of Buhari's ministers is subjective.

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by TippyTop(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
Cc:Ngeneukwenu, modath, passingshot, omenka
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by TippyTop(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

The performance of Buhari's ministers is subjective.
Can you name one minister that is outstanding?

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by blackpanda: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
The way I will summarize this post is thus:

Good intentions, naive shortsighted conclusions.

You dont need to be an electrical engineer to be minister of power. The ministry deals with policy and regulation of the industry, and not the power generation or distribution per se. Besides, there are hundreds of engineers working in the ministry in their respective fields to deliver optimum results. Same goes for all the other ministries, except for Ministry of Justice where the AG must be a SAN.

Govt functions best with a mix of both politicians and technocrats. Politicians manage the people, technocrats manage the industry.

2 Likes

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by AZeD1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Adeosun has always worjed in an accounting field for most of her careers and the way the UK is ztructured and developed even a graduate in fisheries will do well in the energy ministry becsuse their system has evolved unlike our osn which is still in embryonic stage and needs technocrsts to take us to the UK level
If someone can be governor, they can definitely run a ministry.

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by AZeD1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
TippyTop:

Can you name one minister that you would consider outstanding?
Kachikwu

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Naijiant: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

Well said. The problem is not what they are qualified for. http://www.naijiant.com/articles/qualified-for-madness/
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by TippyTop(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

But failed governors also run failed ministries. Am not surprised Fayemi is not doing well, he failed as a governor.
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by AZeD1(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
TippyTop:

But failed governors also run failed ministries. Am not surprised Fayemi is not doing well, he failed as a governor.
Fayemi's performance as a governor is also subjective. I don't know about Ekiti so I can't speak on his performance.
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by TippyTop(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

Kachikwu

Is it the same Kachikwu that reversed his policy yesterday when faced with superior arguments from NASS and Nupeng?
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

Then what is the result so far in the underlisted ministries
Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by TippyTop(m): 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
AZeD1:

Fayemi's performance as a governor is also subjective. I don't know about Ekiti so I can't speak on his performance.
Every governor's performance is subjective but there are enough pointers and indicators to measure performances e.g infrastructural development.

1 Like

Re: A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets by AZeD1(m): 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
TippyTop:

Is it the same Kachikwu that reversed his policy yesterday when faced with superior arguments from NASS and Nupeng?
He didn't reverse his policy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flash Back December 2014....GEJ / Presidency Lists Buhari’s “75 Achievements” After First Year In Office / My Relationship With Tinubu, Fashola, El-rufai, Others —akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.