Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,896 members, 7,909,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:15 AM

Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? (742 Views)

Most Literatures On Biafra Are Lies; War is not a joke- Kayode Ogundamisi / What Comes To My Mind Whenever Ndigbo And Biafra Are Mentioned / Good News For Nigeria As Radio Biafra Are On The Run. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by christopher123(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
When somebody that is begging Igbo to either re consider their stands on Biafra or somebody begging igbo to stay. This is like when a woman makes up her mind to leave a marriage that has been either abusive or unstable, the husband and the people of his husband family will cajole, tell her, intimidate the woman that if she goes out of marriage, she will not survive, she will not last, she will be exposed to the elements of nature. That is exactly what Nigeria is doing.

To me, they are making Igbo feel special by writing all these articles, begging them to stay, begging them to reconsider. I doubt that is the mark of manhood. Left for me, I think that they should let these people either be so that they can go “suffer” just like it happened to Israel in 1940s maybe they will learn from their suffering or let them eat the humble pie by coming for negotiations. But writing these articles, epistles, reports and research to me is shameful. They should stop this beggarly attitude, it is making Igbo pompous and supremacist. We should know that nobody is inevitable and indispensible so..if they want out ...for heaven sake let em be.

I am an Igbo, I am not pro Biafra nor anti Biafra , it can be sickening when people beg people to stay with them. This is a nation of about 45 million people and they all can not be stupid where as this write is seen smart. Well he is IBO not IGBO Igbo land is bigger than most countries of Europe like Luxembourg, Belgium, Romania and other Caspian sea countries. ....These countries are better off than Nigeria. If it is better to be developed in a small country than being poor in a big country which one is better, look at Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan, Maccau,Maldive etc..these are liitle countries but here in Africa you will see big for nothing countries still very very very poor...Just look at Chad, Mali, Niger, Nigeria etc big countries with big land mass yet so poor.

We should look at these Biafran philosophy and know if we are to have a chat with them just like Canada is having with Qubec region, Spain with Basque region and so many more ...We want progress..we dont want war,,

Nigeria will be well if the regions are well. Do we do Confederation with 80% independent regions...the states will collapse to regions and with very weak central(My proposition) let regions develope at their pace.

I just want a just society.

IF WE HAD AN EQUITABLE AND JUST SOCIETY WHERE EVERYBODY IS TREATED EQUAL THIS MADNESS AND BIAFRA WONT COME UP, BUT THESE BIAFRA WILL KEEP COMING UP SINCE WE ARE NOT JUST. THEY WANTED REGIONALISM AND AUTONOMY, YOU SAID NO, THEY WANTED FISCAL FEDERALISM THE SAME NIGERIA SAID NO, THEY WANTED BIAFRA..THE SAME NIGERIA SAID NO...SO WHAT DO NIGERIA ACTUAL WANT..We have to call these biafran and have a negotiation...if they want referendum...give it to them, let their be time frame. We can continue like this

We just can continue like this...there should be terms of staying together, we can still do business together while staying apart just like in ECOWAS...I am sick of this biafra thing...STOP MAKING IGBO SPECIAL...If they wanna leave....have a chat with them, negotiate and I do not want violence...every blood be it igbo or anybody is very sacrosanct and prescious. We can not continue to be like this.

AFRICANS AND AFRICA MUST LEARN HOW TO TALK AND NEGOTIATE NOT FIGHTING.....

, Left for me, I am lukewarm towards Biafra thing, I am indifferent, if it comes it come, it doesn’t it doesn’t. Even Britain is tired of European Union and they want out. South Ossetia just left that Balkan country is it Czech republic or something. The mistake that Nigerian make is that they attribute Biafra to shrinking of market. China isn’t even in Africa yet Nigeria is their biggest market. What happens to ECOWAS trade treatise or what happens to WTO and Globalization trade treaty?

Biafra isn’t all about losing market share as some pundits will say , Biafra is all about sanity and progress. The igbo are trying to redraw the colonial maps which has never done African good.

We must talk about this and chart a way forward, we must understnad that the first thing is Africa and black race, be it Ghana,Be Kenya or Nigeria we must have a poster country for developement. Nigeria seems to have failed that project...if Biafra will be a country that Negroid race will be proud of..so be it. IT MUST NOT BE VIOLENT

We can have a confederal arrangement like canada,UK, UAE etc ...let love one another as Africans and Human first...These countries where created by Colonial Europe not us, God created us first and he is love

We have to stop hating

...African must understand that we have to redraw our maps that was drawn for us without our consent, that of our grandfather and that of our children.

To me that is the essence of Biafra....in pursuit of self discovery and emancipation of black race.

Peace all
Re: Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by uckennety(m): 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
christopher123:
I will look at the article and from the look of things; the article is another one maybe from somebody that is begging Igbo to either re consider their stands on Biafra or somebody begging igbo to stay. This is like when a woman makes up her mind to leave a marriage that has been either abusive or unstable, the husband and the people of his husband family will cajole, tell her, intimidate the woman that if she goes out of marriage, she will not survive, she will not last, she will be exposed to the elements of nature. That is exactly what Nigeria is doing.

To me, they are making Igbo feel special by writing all these articles, begging them to stay, begging them to reconsider. I doubt that is the mark of manhood. Left for me, I think that they should let these people either be so that they can go “suffer” just like it happened to Israel in 1940s maybe they will learn from their suffering or let them eat the humble pie by coming for negotiations. But writing these articles, epistles, reports and research to me is shameful. They should stop this beggarly attitude, it is making Igbo pompous and supremacist. We should know that nobody is inevitable and indispensible so..if they want out ...for heaven sake let em be.

I am an Igbo, I am not pro Biafra nor anti Biafra , it can be sickening when people beg people to stay with them. This is a nation of about 45 million people and they all can not be stupid where as this write is seen smart. Well he is IBO not IGBO Igbo land is bigger than most countries of Europe like Luxembourg, Belgium, Romania and other Caspian sea countries. ....These countries are better off than Nigeria. If it is better to be developed in a small country than being poor in a big country which one is better, look at Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan, Maccau,Maldive etc..these are liitle countries but here in Africa you will see big for nothing countries still very very very poor...Just look at Chad, Mali, Niger, Nigeria etc big countries with big land mass yet so poor.

We should look at these Biafran philosophy and know if we are to have a chat with them just like Canada is having with Qubec region, Spain with Basque region and so many more ...We want progress..we dont want war,,

Nigeria will be well if the regions are well. Do we do Confederation with 80% independent regions...the states will collapse to regions and with very weak central(My proposition) let regions develope at their pace.

I just want a just society.

IF WE HAD AN EQUITABLE AND JUST SOCIETY WHERE EVERYBODY IS TREATED EQUAL THIS MADNESS AND BIAFRA WONT COME UP, BUT THESE BIAFRA WILL KEEP COMING UP SINCE WE ARE NOT JUST. THEY WANTED REGIONALISM AND AUTONOMY, YOU SAID NO, THEY WANTED FISCAL FEDERALISM THE SAME NIGERIA SAID NO, THEY WANTED BIAFRA..THE SAME NIGERIA SAID NO...SO WHAT DO NIGERIA ACTUAL WANT..We have to call these biafran and have a negotiation...if they want referendum...give it to them, let their be time frame. We can continue like this

We just can continue like this...there should be terms of staying together, we can still do business together while staying apart just like in ECOWAS...I am sick of this biafra thing...STOP MAKING IGBO SPECIAL...If they wanna leave....have a chat with them, negotiate and I do not want violence...every blood be it igbo or anybody is very sacrosanct and prescious. We can not continue to be like this.

AFRICANS AND AFRICA MUST LEARN HOW TO TALK AND NEGOTIATE NOT FIGHTING.....

Peace all
Ur colonial power won't agree!
Re: Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by EasternActivist: 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
Nigeria doesn't hear by dialogue, they hear by violence
Re: Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by Naija9090: 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
Well said. Only a slowpoke still believes this country will change for the better after trying and still trying for 56 yrs. It would have been understanding if we were making progress, but that's not the case. We will be better off if this country is balkanized. Patriotism is the hallmark of success...meaning people will be more patriotic if they love their nation, which will spur success. If you are patriotic, love your nation and your nation provides the basic necessities of life...you will not steal or be corrupt, nor drive recklessly, e.t.c

What have we gain from the oil wealth? Absolutely nothing! One Nigeria is there to benefit the elites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by BeClever: 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ngeneukwene is coming with his bigotry. ...just wait and see..

Omenka nko? He has not seen this thread yet..

PentiumPro, she is still on her back, performing her duty, when she is through she would come wipe her kpekus with this thread..

arrase, I guess his phone battery is down at the moment..

They are coming just wait..
Re: Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
IPOB, MASSOB, AREWA, APGA, PDP, AFRNIFERE , LABOUR P, APC, MEND etc are representing their organizations ideas. it is different thing to claim to recognize an ethnic group or nation, because to do that you need elections, referendums or legislative pronouncements....Any other way may not benefit the one for whom it is intended

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Are They Really Right Or Wrong ? or special ? by Osakah24(m): 6:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Very well spoken,After the. Civil war we have been suffering from one national vice to another,we always focus on the symptoms and leave the sickness,which makes it easy to re-occur regularly.From pogrom to civil war,to the numerous bloodshed that have ravaged the north,to the OPC killings,to bakassi and mafians crises in the east,to militancy and kidnapping,and now we are witnessing boko haram and fulani herdsmen. What is breeding this lack of respect for human life in africa and especially Nigeria ?,are we doing the biding of our colonial masters?,Who is benefitting from this setting? So many questions left unanswered.

(1) (Reply)

See How Obasanjo Still Controls Every President. / Ongoing Protest At IKEDC (Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company) In Bariga / Fuel Scarcity: Students In Ibadan Hustling For Fuel On Monday Morning - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.