Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,900 members, 7,889,968 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:10 AM

I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. (762 Views)

TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p / ALL Pentecostals Should Read This / Why You Should Read "Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by PastorAIO: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2009
Krayola2:

[size=18pt]"When your intellect conceives of God, do not permit urself to imagine that there is a God that exists as depicted by you. For if you do this you will have a finite and corporeal conception of God, God forbid. Instead, your mind should dwell on the affirmation of God's existence and then recoil. To do more than this is to allow the imagination to reflect on God as God is in Himself and such reflection is bound to result in imaginative limitations and corporeality. Put reins therefore on ur intellect and do not allow it too great a freedom, but assert God's existence and deny ur intellect the possibility of comprehending God" 16th century kabbalist Moses cordevero[/size]

I think that every religionist should be made aware of this statement.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by Tudor6(f): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
Send this quote to noeticnairaland@yahoo.com. That's where it's needed most.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by PastorAIO: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2009
http://perceivingreality.com/

Sorry if I'm getting repetitive but I want as many people to see this as possible.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2009
Pastor AIO:

http://perceivingreality.com/

Sorry if I'm getting repetitive but I want as many people to see this as possible.
This is my reality, it is what my brain can make of what it sees and it unfortunately what I can work with, unlimited existence or pleasure is a mirage, my two cents.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by noetic2: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
Tudór:

Send this quote to noeticnairaland@yahoo.com. That's where it's needed most.

why EXACTLY do I need the quote above?
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by Tudor6(f): 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2009
Pastor AIO stated that every religionist must read this.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by jagunlabi(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2009
Yes.We must all learn to leave the purity of formlessness that is the nature of GOD alone and stop trying to label it,package it and own it like some manmade commodity,like the henotheistic religions like judaism,christianity and islam have done.What they have done,in effect,was to have created mere caricatures(mental graven images) of the formless purity of God.A blasphemy.
That is what the article is saying.Let us learn to leave God in it's purest form which is no form,no name,,, 
Pastor AIO:

I think that every religionist should be made aware of this statement.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2009
@Post
truely thought provoking>
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by macIB(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2009
nice one pastor, wink wink wink
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by SoWhat77(f): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2009
God has placed his name in the bible (psalms 83:18) becuase he wants us to know him personaly and develop a personal relationship with him. How can we put faith in and trust with our whole heart and our whole soul someone we do not know? That is why Jehovah has given us his name and shown us his many qualities throughout the bible. For instance at 1 John 4:9 it tells us that God is love. At 2 Peter 3:9 -it speaks of God being patient and it also shows us how much he loves us. At Job 12:13 it says he is wise and mighty,he has councel, and he is understanding.

Gods word the bible has not only been given to us to inform us of Gods rules and intentions for our future but has also been given to us so that we may know who are heavenly father is and draw close to him.

Have you ever had a best friend, someone that you confide in and trust with your life, but yet you did not know their name or anything about them? Well how could Jehovah God have expected us to put our life, faith, and trust in him with just the understanding that we were created? Just like David said at Psalms 91:2 -You are my refuge and my stronghold. My God in whom I will trust, we want to feel the same way about God and to truly draw close to him we need to get to know him.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by SoWhat77(f): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2009
And yes we are instructed not to make graven images of anything that represents God or the heavens.We may think of items like statues of mary and jesus but wouldnt that also represent what many think of as the torture stake that Jesus died upon, the cross.
Re: I Think Everyone Should Read This. Comments Welcomed. by spikedcylinder: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2009
The argument is two faced - for and against the religionists.

(1) (Reply)

Why? Why? Why? / Are You People Preparing For Shillo? / Are There Really Destinies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.