Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control (31302 Views)

See What Lai Said When Yaradua Was Away For Treatment In 2009 / Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive / Crude Oil Price Fell From $140 To $38 In 2008, Still Economy Was Stable: Okonjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by hadura29(m): 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
TBH, I am now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Nigeria's problems is beyond leadership, but a societal one. Are we just intellectually deficient or chronically prejudiced.
---
This was an interview where the Minister was specifically asked about the exchange rate situation. He tried to explain the factors that influence the rate making reference to oil price. He simply said the SITUATION (exchange rate) was beyond the president since he does not control oil price. He never said the ECONOMY was beyond the President’s control as misrepresented by the media.
---
How the media gets away with such mischief is beyond me. Worse still is the fact that 80% of readers do not even notice this distortion of facts. These are people that will later assume leadership positions. With such shallowness among citizens, the future is even more uncertain.

That was how someone was arguing with me that Buhari used $600million to import dogs. Unfortunately for him, he saw headline and concluded and bashed the current govt.

I looked at him and those supporting him then laughed off.

#GodblessNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by SycophanticGoat: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
tk4rd:
Go back and read the text all over.. And while reading, pay good attention to the part that says:
"...It will be extremely difficult, no doubt, but we are also in a state of emergency economically. . You see, take for instance, your earnings reduced from N100 to N30 per month, something will have to give way… like relocating to a smaller house , and I mean this is a reality.
The fact that the government is even still managing this situation, I give credit to the government, because the situation is completely beyond their control , and this is where people have been mischievous…"

He was talking about the economy in general, not just oil price alone, or foreign exchange alone.

Don't mind those liars! They can even defend a devil as long as the devil is with a broom...
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by ayindejimmy(m): 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
TBH, I am now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Nigeria's problems is beyond leadership, but a societal one. Are we just intellectually deficient or chronically prejudiced.
---
This was an interview where the Minister was specifically asked about the exchange rate situation. He tried to explain the factors that influence the rate making reference to oil price. He simply said the SITUATION (exchange rate) was beyond the president since he does not control oil price. He never said the ECONOMY was beyond the President’s control as misrepresented by the media.
---
How the media gets away with such mischief is beyond me. Worse still is the fact that 80% of readers do not even notice this distortion of facts. These are people that will later assume leadership positions. With such shallowness among citizens, the future is even more uncertain.
my brother, i'm jus too stunned to find the riit words to use in describing the way some ppl reason and comment on this forum. Thanks for posting my exact thoughts

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by pheliciti: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
It's appalling for Thisday to quote this as justification for its headline. For me, I stop buying Thisday from today. It's apparent it's edited by mischievous semi illiterates. Just on Saturday, the back page was devoted to the elitist argument that govt should allow foreign university students to access Forex at concessional rates because they may be deprived of education. Who argues for local universities that constitute 99% of the university students population among our youths?
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by babydioku(f): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
ThisDay is one of the IPOB newspaper

Deliberately twisting the words of the minister in other to provide opportunity for IPOB youths to wail their hearts out

Wail on!!

Shame on you

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by JuanDeDios: 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
Very shallow. You got it spot on.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by omolola15(m): 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Promantwo:
No matter how much you
wail, Buhari is Apc god, he's above mistake, he's the
best thing after jollof rice and the best president the
world has ever seen. You people have become so
blind to the new wave of progress and development
in the country. Since Buhari came into power, we
have been enjoying 92 hours of electricity everyday in my
area, fuel is now 45 naira per litre, prices of
goods have crashed by 50%, Boko Haram have been
technically defeated, the Chibok girls have been
found, unemployed graduates now collect 5000 naira
monthly, school children now take fried rice and chicken in
school and investors are now trooping in everyday, what
else do you people want?

Joke of the year. I even thought you are 1 of the zombies. But it turns out you are a wailer grin cheesy grin
As for me. I'm a Nigerian.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by babydioku(f): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
Phame:

We still love Lai despite the comment.

Lol. Very soon they're going to use you as sacrifice
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Decibel: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
DropShot:

You're not making sense if you think PMB could actually control parallel market exchange rate beyond his refusal to devalue the naira further in the face of diminished foreign earnings. Stop pretending to be smart!

Passingshot, you have a herculean task before which is to defend this insincere and fraudulent government riddled with a team charlatans, economic illiterates, numerically deficients and pathological liars. As we speak, zoogerians have lost hope in this APC-led government at the centre.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by urbanmonk: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
How do people like Liar Mohamed sleep at night?
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by babydioku(f): 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
bedspread:
Am not SURPRISED! LAI HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE A ELITE ERUDITE LIAR AND THE FEDERAL MINISTER OF MISINFORMATION!!

Lol
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
walex2:
people should just think before criticising is the price if oil in international market beyond the control of Nigeria government? Yes
To answer your question with another question, if international oil price is beyond the government, why did Bubu promise his followers that he will stabilize it?

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by jayloms: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
DropShot:

The situation we find ourselves is really pathetic. The first line in that statement giving credit to the government for surviving the situation clearly nulifies the claim he said "the economy is beyond PMB's control"

The current crop of youths is a bunch of wasted generation.

Your last sentence is quite a harsh generalization, howbeit, the behavior from some of them can be really pathetic. They derive some form of comic relief from ridiculing this govt and its officials. They're not concerned at all about constructively checking this govt to deliver on its realizable promises, all they care about is to "ridicule and laugh". It shall be Well.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Ghost447(m): 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
---
This was an interview where the Minister was specifically asked about the exchange rate situation. He tried to explain the factors that influence the rate making reference to oil price. He simply said the SITUATION (exchange rate) was beyond the president .since he does not control oil price. He never said the ECONOMY was beyond the President’s control as misrepresented by the media.
---
Basically the conundrum with this administration is their unrealistic campaign promises and propaganda. As for the Minister's statement, majority of Nigerians have no trust for him based on his expertise in propaganda when he was the spoke man of the APC and even upon assumption of office as a Minister. The bottom line is that many people no longer respect and take him serious so they will always crucify him even though he is on track.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
SleekMallam:
Just when we thought the holy spirit has entered brother lai........
please, stop abusing the name of the Holy Spirit, its a felony!.

I adjure you to retract that pic now.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by 1miccza: 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
They shouldn't have disturbed themselves we all know our minister's name is Liar mohammed
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by SleekMallam: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
blueto:
please, stop abusing the name of the Holy Spirit, its a felony!.

I adjure you to retract that pic now.
You may have to come and collect the picture sire.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by laprince(m): 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
donofdons:
This govt is a big disappointment to nigerians.......GEJ did more for us in the north than all other northern presidents combined so i womder how we where decieved to vote this clueless people....gej is the best thing that ever happened to nigeria and africa since the creation of the world

I think I quite agree with you. I served in the North. I was surprised at the development. Their elites were not fair to them at all.

If you are in UK or Dubia, then you will know that our northern elites are wealthy. They stay in the porch places in UK. I have never seen any northerner outside Nigeria that is average. They are VERY WEALTHY. If you enquire about them, you will be told who their parents are then you will just keep quiet.

But back home, they don't bother about the education of their own people.

In other parts of Nigeria, even though the leaders are not the best, they somehow value education for their people.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by emymeeky: 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
---
---

Does the exchange rate not a reflection of the state of the economy ?

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
SleekMallam:

You may have to come and collect the picture sire.
despicable!

I don't indulge in such impious activity.

Please harken to my advise.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by SleekMallam: 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
blueto:
despicable!

I don't indulge in such impious activity.

Please harken to my advise.
I'm a believer in the rule of law. If you can rally and convince those that liked the picture to withdraw their likes, I would indulge you.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by jaspertosin: 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
---
---

Very bad how some people dont understand simple English
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by gentle007(m): 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
For you that is intellectually efficient, can you explain to us how exchange rate and its effect is different from the economy? Can you explain to us how the free fall of naira ( which they have lost control of) is not responsible for the present state of the economy?

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Abagworo(m): 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
He didn't say what they insinuated. Thisday has lost credibility. Oil price is beyond Government control but Thisday lied that Mohammed said managing the economy is beyond Government control.

Anyway waikers are as brainless and fake as Thisday.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by DropShot: 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Decibel:

Passingshot, you have a herculean task before which is to defend this insincere and fraudulent government riddled with a team charlatans, economic illiterates, numerically deficients and pathological liars. As we speak, zoogerians have lost hope in this APC-led government at the centre.
What's the sense in this post?

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by bigtt76(f): 6:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
They needn't have gone that far naaaau undecided abi nor bi Lai again? We know what he say and unsay cheesy grin
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Nellybii: 7:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
If the free fall of the naira is beyond the government's control then Nigeria is doomed.........

No competent government will allow the value of their currency to go on a free fall beyond their control.

Who are you sef? and what is your qualification? How much do you know about international economics? You are just a noron. A frustrated semi illiterate that hides behind a useless moniker here to spew trash. Sharrap and go get a life. Wail from now till tomorrow No more free money. If you want money, you have to earn it. New Nigeria.

#righttodiewailing#
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
I never knew old man could lie!
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
Another blind follower just spotted
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by IVORY2009(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Elose11:
Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has clarified that his comment on the economic situation being out of the control of President Muhammadu Buhari was misrepresented.

He was reacting to a story in THISDAYLIVE of this Saturday, March 12th 2016 entitled ”Economy Gone Out of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed”.

This was contained in a statement by Mr. Segun Adeyemi, Mohammed’s Special Assistant (SA) on Information and Culture.

Although he described the report as a “complete misrepresentation of the comments” made by the minister, with Lai Mohammed denying making them, a playback of the recorded interview shows Mohammed said the situation was beyond the government’s control – considering the various forces at play.

“It is pertinent to state that at no time during the entire two-hour (radio) programme did the Honourable Minister say or suggest that the economy has gone out of the President’s control,” the SA’s statement said..."

However, the relevant portion of the statement from where our story derived is somewhat different. Below is the excerpt beginning with the question by the interviewer.

The programme was aired on FRCN’s Radio Link

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/12/lai-mohammed-clarifies-comment-on-economy-being-out-of-control/

Minister for LIE LIE shocked shocked
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by nijabazaar: 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
Promantwo:
No matter how much you
wail, Buhari is Apc god, he's above mistake, he's the
best thing after jollof rice and the best president the
world has ever seen. You people have become so
blind to the new wave of progress and development
in the country. Since Buhari came into power, we
have been enjoying 92 hours of electricity everyday in my
area, fuel is now 45 naira per litre, prices of
goods have crashed by 50%, Boko Haram have been
technically defeated, the Chibok girls have been
found, unemployed graduates now collect 5000 naira
monthly, school children now take fried rice and chicken in
school and investors are now trooping in everyday, what
else do you people want?

i wonder why peeps are still wailing, just this weekend i ve got light unquenched.....and i swear my generator grumbled when i passed it...it was like..oga why u no start me this weekend na!
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Igbospower(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
pls make I ask oo... so wats den is the diff btw our economy and the currency price which is directly affected by the oil prices?
So oga is it not the same tin as saying dat our economy is out of their control.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt / DG Of NBS And Reno Omokri Tear At Each Other On Twitter Over Nairaland Article / President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From His One Day Visit To Benin Republic(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.