Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control (31301 Views)

See What Lai Said When Yaradua Was Away For Treatment In 2009 / Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive / Crude Oil Price Fell From $140 To $38 In 2008, Still Economy Was Stable: Okonjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Tinyemeka(m): 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bevista:
TBH, I am now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Nigeria's problems is beyond leadership, but a societal one. Are we just intellectually deficient or chronically prejudiced.
---
This was an interview where the Minister was specifically asked about the exchange rate situation. He tried to explain the factors that influence the rate making reference to oil price. He simply said the SITUATION (exchange rate) was beyond the president since he does not control oil price. He never said the ECONOMY was beyond the President’s control as misrepresented by the media.
---
How the media gets away with such mischief is beyond me. Worse still is the fact that 80% of readers do not even notice this distortion of facts. These are people that will later assume leadership positions. With such shallowness among citizens, the future is even more uncertain.

You lie. Go back and read that interview excerpt again. I did.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Reptyle(m): 12:40am On Mar 14, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
And what makes you so confident that the SITUATION he meant was just that of the exchange rate? It seems you also inherited the lying gift from Lai the Lier.

Read the excerpt again. Lai mentioned the SITUATION that's affecting the free fall of the naira. He talked about balance of trade, export/import, fall in crude price. All these are the SITUATION leading to the free fall of the naira and the poor economy. And he said this is beyond the President's control. The SITUATION here is a totality of the forces affecting the economy not just an aspect of it as you claim.

So you see, you lied just like Lai. And you didn't even lie well. You should have said SITUATION meant fall in crude price rather than exchange rate. How can you say the exchange rate is beyond the control of the president? That means you're suggesting he's incompetent in boosting the value of the naira. Well, I agree with you on that.

What are you on about pls?

...and you got 151 likes
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by sunshine1974(m): 4:24am On Mar 14, 2016
Dats what u get wen u talk too much....,,,dat man just talks too much, I'm sure he didn't even remember saying it.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by theshadyexpress(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2016
Deen77:

If I agree with you, what are you going to say about PDP goverment with oil boom for 16 years, no power plant, no road, no refinery with crude oil prices @$120/140.

When a country like Algeria foreign reserve is $155 billion, Libya at war for over 6 years is $61 billion while Nigeria is just $29 billion.

While not allow 4 years of APC compare to 16 years of PDP.

you cant support Lai mohammed and not lie,u said PDP built no power plants? really? only jonathans admin sef built 10 new power plants and thousands of kilometers of transmission lines. i wont bother countering other lies you spewed cos ots obvious you are only been motivated by ignorance.

good day

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by christopher123(m): 7:59am On Mar 14, 2016
Oil has never sold N100 per barrel and N30 respectively . oil was sold in USD $ pls

The media house should know these

They said that old men don't lie but. With Lai that notion is gone forever with the winds

Old men lie
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by christopher123(m): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2016
Bevista:
TBH, I am now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Nigeria's problems is beyond leadership, but a societal one. Are we just intellectually deficient or chronically prejudiced.
---
This was an interview where the Minister was specifically asked about the exchange rate situation. He tried to explain the factors that influence the rate making reference to oil price. He simply said the SITUATION (exchange rate) was beyond the president since he does not control oil price. He never said the ECONOMY was beyond the President’s control as misrepresented by the media.
---
How the media gets away with such mischief is beyond me. Worse still is the fact that 80% of readers do not even notice this distortion of facts. These are people that will later assume leadership positions. With such shallowness among citizens, the future is even more uncertain.

Is exchange rate not part of the economy ?

What happened to your deductive reasoning
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Fadekebisola(f): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2016
Phame:
We still love Lai despite the comment.
zombie spottee

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Fadekebisola(f): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2016
Phame:
We still love Lai despite the comment.
zombie spotted

2 Likes

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by Palantir: 9:45am On Mar 14, 2016
Deen77:

If I agree with you, what are you going to say about PDP goverment with oil boom for 16 years, no power plant, no road, no refinery with crude oil prices @$120/140.

When a country like Algeria foreign reserve is $155 billion, Libya at war for over 6 years is $61 billion while Nigeria is just $29 billion.

While not allow 4 years of APC compare to 16 years of PDP.

Nigerians voted for change. Stop using 16 years of misrule to justify an inability to lead.

Although when you consider that more than half of the present government were fully active participants in that 16 years, why should we be surprised?
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by refreshrate: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2016
Promantwo:
No matter how much you
wail, Buhari is Apc god, he's above mistake, he's the
best thing after jollof rice and the best president the
world has ever seen. You people have become so
blind to the new wave of progress and development
in the country. Since Buhari came into power, we
have been enjoying 92 hours of electricity everyday in my
area, fuel is now 45 naira per litre, prices of
goods have crashed by 50%, Boko Haram have been
technically defeated, the Chibok girls have been
found, unemployed graduates now collect 5000 naira
monthly, school children now take fried rice and chicken in
school and investors are now trooping in everyday, what
else do you people want?

You forgot dollar now exchages for 1Naira abi?
How could you?
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by refreshrate: 11:14am On Mar 14, 2016
christopher123:

Is exchange rate not part of the economy ?

What happened to your deductive reasoning

You seriously need to watch at least one episode of "the walking dead" to begin to understand how those people think.

My advice to you? Don't sweat yourself over them. Ever heard never to argue with r3tards? They'll bring you down to their level & win you.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by folks4luv(f): 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
And what makes you so confident that the SITUATION he meant was just that of the exchange rate? It seems you also inherited the lying gift from Lai the Lier.

Read the excerpt again. Lai mentioned the SITUATION that's affecting the free fall of the naira. He talked about balance of trade, export/import, fall in crude price. All these are the SITUATION leading to the free fall of the naira and the poor economy. And he said this is beyond the President's control. The SITUATION here is a totality of the forces affecting the economy not just an aspect of it as you claim.

So you see, you lied just like Lai. And you didn't even lie well. You should have said SITUATION meant fall in crude price rather than exchange rate. How can you say the exchange rate is beyond the control of the president? That means you're suggesting he's incompetent in boosting the value of the naira. Well, I agree with you on that.

you are good. I love smart n intelligent counter analysis

1 Like

Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by TijaniAbu: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Lie lie Lai
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by medpren: 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
Sweetlemon:

This is one of the reasons why I'm all for this media bill. I don't read ANY news site at all and anything not reported on Channels News is not taken seriously.

You will actually your social media bill but only if you agree, to have your own Islamic Republic of Oduduwa abd Arewanistan where feudalism will reign and Freedom of speech attracts capital punishment like death by hanging.
Re: Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control by emonkey(m): 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2018
The economy is still beyond their control anyway. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo State Local Government Election Update / Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt / DG Of NBS And Reno Omokri Tear At Each Other On Twitter Over Nairaland Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.