Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,729 members, 7,930,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:53 PM

Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! (796 Views)

A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Osun State: The Politics, The Mud And The Rust / Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2009
As we all already know, this man nevermind yoruba oppppppps has been doin a lot in lagos!! now whether u bi aboki,massia,fulani,igbo, we must encourage this man!! it frightening to be readin head lines on this man that i got a feelin the asshole rock will be envyin Fashola

now it a case of Gorge weah being more famous than Charles Taylor,

To tell u the truth, as a Nigerian i am beginin to be frighten off by this man,

Nigeria need him in politics for life, so if there are 20 Governors popin up out there, there is probability that one will try to emulate him!!

and for those that prayin nigeria will break up, shame on yall, the so called fake wanabe oduduwa-becomerich/biafara(not really) Gov Fashola is makin good use of his allocation

now take a look at the next project on the table

GOV Fas, long live you, hope to see u one day as a  soldier this it!
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2009
[i]Lagos State govt to reconstruct, expand Murtala Muhammed International Airport Road to four lanes each of the double carriageway
By Chinedu Eze, 07.20.2009
Monday, July 20, 2009 this day
[/i]

The Lagos State Government has agreed to reconstruct and expand to four lanes each of the double carriageway to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMA).

Minister of Aviation, Babatunde Omotoba, disclosed this in Port Harcourt at the weekend at the foundation laying of the perimeter fencing of Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa.

Omotoba said the Federal Government would partner the state government for the rehabilitation of the road, which is a major gateway to the nation’s busiest airport.

“With respect to the access road to the airport, we are in very good discussion with the Lagos State Governor, Governor Fashola. And it is at advanced stage. I am sure we are going to be rounding off by the end of this month. Governor Fashola is willing to partner with the Federal Government to construct four-lane roads into the airport and four-lane road out of the airport. We have drafted the agreement; there are some issues there that we are trying to resolve. And Lagos State government is working assiduously and I must commend his effort,” he said.

According to the minister, the Federal Government is doing everything possible to ensure that the rehabilitation of the road commences in earnest once it reached agreement with the state government.

He also said the government was determined to halt the infrastructural decay of the airports in the country, adding that another terminal would be built at the domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

“On the issue of infrastructure decay; we want to improve the airports. This is the reason why the Federal Government wants to concession the major airports. I will give you an example, if you look at General Aviation Terminal (GAT), we now have a directive from the Federal Government to build a brand new GAT alongside the MMA2. So on the domestic side very soon we are going to start work on the new terminal. On the international side, we are also speaking to various interested investors who have been coming to express their interest in investing in Lagos airport and building new terminals for us.

“We are going to roll out the road map for the aviation sector very soon which is almost completed. Some of the airports we can’t concession; we will probably give to the state governments. While we will be performing the regulatory and the security functions, the state will be managing the airport. And of course you must have received the information that Sokoto State governor came on air to say that he is very, very interested. The same with Kaduna State government, they are very, very interested, including Rivers State
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2009
why wait for Aboki Yara-brainless
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by asha2: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ikeyman

Fashola is not a politician.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2009
this is all happening under one Nigeria!! any doubt

it not like Gov of Abia State, that have bury his alloctaion in his smelly and dutty village

so Before anyone start talkin on Biafara, lets call our Governor for question first

we should have at least decent roads to drive on !! at least, what is goin on ooooooo
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by asha2: 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
ikeyman00:

this is all happening under one Nigeria!! any doubt

it not like Gov of Abia State, that have bury his alloctaion in his smelly and dutty village

so Before anyone start talkin on Biafara, lets call our Governor for question first

we should have at least decent roads to drive on !! at least, what is goin on ooooooo

You should know that Abia is a basket case.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ikeyman

Fashola is not a politician.

but he is a human being

abi u never see a rapper that sing, write song, produces music as well

even u without the help of yara-brainless manages ur salary

so what u talkin about

well put my young ass there as a Gov, within a year i show u what i can do

hmmm ready to die ?? abi, bring it on, i got the somalia pirate as back up

gun runni ?? no excuses
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
asha
You should know that Abia is a basket case.

well both are operatin under one nigeria

maybe the Biafara wahala that kept the state in such a mess??

how much can we take??

embezzlement embezzlement!!! Human or not,
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by blacksta(m): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2009
ha ha
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Bialegend(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
Exactly the same way you started when you joined this forum. Praising everything nigeria until the scales falled off your eyes. I remember warning you then several times to stay off that thing you are smoking. Now, it seems you have gone back and picked up the same stuff and started smoking it again. By the way, are you in any way the same person as becomerich? Your ways of writing and comments are very similar.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2009
there u go!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin

this is what the Biafara dnt wana hear

be serious how many igbos and yoruba are really into u and become-canadain
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
im not become-canadain

he cant write in English
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Fhemmmy: 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2009
I will be willing to join politics cos of this guy.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2009
^^^^^ yes with people like him, we will over ride ghana with six months
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2009
Bialegend:

Exactly the same way you started when you joined this forum. Praising everything nigeria until the scales falled off your eyes. I remember warning you then several times to stay off that thing you are smoking. Now, it seems you have gone back and picked up the same stuff and started smoking it again. By the way, are you in any case the same person as becomerich? Yours ways of writing and comments are very similar.
Do not fail to see the sense he is making. I tell u, whatever he is smoking is damn good for the soul if you wish to tell yourself the truth.
What stops the eastern governors now from implementing those things they have in mind for a great Biafra, let us not live in delusion.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Dede1(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2009
Any fool given Lagos to govern, after many years of sinking great portion of Nigerian resources in the city as federal capital and a city getting grants as a state, without showing flashes of sublime brilliance is an irrepressible slowpoke.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2009
hmmmmm

k but does that imply abia state is even worse than Afghanastan
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by ikeyman00(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2009
fas has been good alright

but i beleive he should do more

i give him 5.5/10 which i think it a lot in relative to the damages already done on ground

so not bad, but he should step on the fly-gear now
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Fhemmmy: 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
ikeyman00:

fas has good alright

but i beleive he should do more

i give him 5.5/10 which i think it a lot in relative to the damages already done on ground

so not bad, but he should step on the fly-gear now

You have a point there, however, you need to understand that the FG needs to step up to the plate too.
The guy is already running a deficit, so the FG will have to come to his aid for him to be able to do some project.
But you are right that he needs to do more
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by naijaway(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
Fashola can do more but if the neighboring states around Lagos remain primitive then there's a problem at least they should do something and matter of fact all the governors should do somethings of quality and long term in their state. Am glad you brought up the incompetence of the eastern states, when they open an elementary school they call every press to come and see it meanwhile that is one school since they got into office and the road to that school will be looking like a dangerous stretch without a hazardous sign and just pray it is it not one of those red sands. Those eastern governors and every governor really need to step up big time especially the eastern governors doing one thing only and then hidding behind the ignorance of eastern residents knowing that they would rather fend for themselves as individuals; they keep hiding behind the turmoil going on around the eastern hemisphere, literally not doing anything of mass importance except in their historical backgrounds and the next thing they do is take contracts and complain to the few masses who care to listen. Eastern residents pay more attention to the federal govt and president activities more than the activities of the local and state govt who are the real ones to be held accountable. All the manufacturing in the eastern region are not really encouraged by the govt from the state level to the federal level; It is through preserverance and sometimes a form of corruption that those guys keep their ball rolling.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Dede1(m): 12:41am On Jul 21, 2009
ikeyman00:

hmmmmm

k but does that imply abia state is even worse than Afghanastan

I know that Nigerians have lost their sense of comparative analysis. However, I did not know that such traits have descended to an abysmal depth. It is asinine to draw analogy between Lagos and Abia state. The best analogy would be having Aba city served as capital city of the federal republic of Nigeria for 35 years and upgraded to Aba State then such analogy would become a source of inspiration.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 21, 2009
DEDE1,

See the sense in what the poster is saying. Ur logic is quite flawed. Take for example, Calabar has the best road network in Nigeria, was that Federal money too?
The money that sank into lagos while it was Capital decayed with the decadence that is all over Nigeria but what we are talking about is rising from the ashes which every state has decayed into. Should Aba continue to be in ashes just to serve your logic of not being a former federal capital?
Aba is the dirtiest city in Nigeria, whose fault is it?
The money Orji Uzor Kalu stole was enough to give Aba a facelift.
Portion blame where it is deserved, give praises where it is deserved too.
Ask yourself what Abia state government is doing with their income and derivation money.
As in your comment, if fashola is a fool ruling Lagos then know that Abia state Governor is the last chief executive buncum that ever walked this earth.
No tribal sentiment. I am an Igboman and a proud one but it is quite teary that it has become the norm in black Africa for people to blame others for their failures, just as black Africa is still blaming the slave trade as cause of their failure whereas countries that were razed during world wars have become first world countries leaving their past to the past.
Keep on blaming all bird, spirits and God but never yourself, one day it will dawn on all of us that we have failed collectively.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Dede1(m): 6:12am On Jul 21, 2009
nobilia:

DEDE1,

See the sense in what the poster is saying. Ur logic is quite flawed. Take for example, Calabar has the best road network in Nigeria, was that Federal money too?
The money that sank into lagos while it was Capital decayed with the decadence that is all over Nigeria but what we are talking about is rising from the ashes which every state has decayed into. Should Aba continue to be in ashes just to serve your logic of not being a former federal capital?
Aba is the dirtiest city in Nigeria, whose fault is it?
The money Orji Uzor Kalu stole was enough to give Aba a facelift.
Portion blame where it is deserved, give praises where it is deserved too.
Ask yourself what Abia state government is doing with their income and derivation money.
As in your comment, if fashola is a fool ruling Lagos then know that Abia state Governor is the last chief executive buncum that ever walked this earth.
No tribal sentiment. I am an Igboman and a proud one but it is quite teary that it has become the norm in black Africa for people to blame others for their failures, just as black Africa is still blaming the slave trade as cause of their failure whereas countries that were razed during world wars have become first world countries leaving their past to the past.
Keep on blaming all bird, spirits and God but never yourself, one day it will dawn on all of us that we have failed collectively.

Please do not jump into comparative analysis of any sort when the compelling factors are not on equal footings. Again, I would not leap into unnecessary and ill-informed comparisons without equity in the juxtapositions of contributing factors. I do not visit this forum primarily to discern whatever sense an individual is laboring to make. 

Also, I am not in this debate to absolve any governor from Igbo land the guilty of money squandering. It is also unfair to leap into skewed comparisons with states that had one urban city to another state with two or more competing urban cities.

Since you have adjudged that my logic is flawed, I would like you to proffer a better logic than I had put forward. However, the over-sweeping assertion you have made on the issue is none starter. For a example, you had alleged that “The money that sank into lagos while it was Capital decayed with the decadence that is all over Nigeria but what we are talking about is rising from the ashes which every state has decayed into”. By the same token, I would want the same money sank into Lagos to be sunk into Aba as a capital city of federal republic of Nigeria then we shall begin to talk of rising from the ashes. 

I sincerely believed that you are well-informed African, who indulges in the machination of self-criticisms to a fault, and it will be my wish if you could aspire to become a saving grace as governor of one the states in Igbo land.

It is a fact that school leavers are one of the major criteria to determine allocation of grants among nations. Has this modality been the case in the cesspit called Nigeria? I will not leap into a mob mentality against the governors from the East Central State because one or two cities outside this zone have good roads. I would not like to burst your bubble but the last time I checked though, Calabar has once severed as capital of the territories known today as the federal republic of Nigeria.

It is only a fool that takes virtues of vigilance for granted when surrounded by determined enemies. I am very much impressed to read about you as a very proud Igbo man.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Jairzinho(m): 6:52am On Jul 21, 2009
Dede1:

Please do not jump into comparative analysis of any sort when the compelling factors are not on equal footings. Again, I would not leap into unnecessary and ill-informed comparisons without equity in the juxtapositions of contributing factors. I do not visit this forum primarily to discern whatever sense an individual is laboring to make. 
Also, I am not in this debate to absolve any governor from Igbo land the guilty of money squandering. It is also unfair to leap into skewed comparisons with states that had one urban city to another state with two or more competing urban cities.
Since you have adjudged that my logic is flawed, I would like you to proffer a better logic than I had put forward. However, the over-sweeping assertion you have made on the issue is none starter. For a example, you had alleged that “The money that sank into lagos while it was Capital decayed with the decadence that is all over Nigeria but what we are talking about is rising from the ashes which every state has decayed into”. By the same token, I would want the same money sank into Lagos to be sunk into Aba as a capital city of federal republic of Nigeria then we shall begin to talk of rising from the ashes. 
I sincerely believed that you are well-informed African, who indulges in the machination of self-criticisms to a fault, and it will be my wish if you could aspire to become a saving grace as governor of one the states in Igbo land.
It is a fact that school leavers are one of the major criteria to determine allocation of grants among nations. Has this modality been the case in the cesspit called Nigeria? I will not leap into a mob mentality against the governors from the East Central State because one or two cities outside this zone have good roads. I would not like to burst your bubble but the last time I checked though, Calabar has once severed as capital of the territories known today as the federal republic of Nigeria.

It is only a fool that take virtues of vigilance for granted when surrounded by determined enemies. I am very much impressed to read about you as a very proud Igbo man.     

Dede1,with all due respect,you’re making little sense. You have just being juxtaposing different reasons together,hoping it will come out well. As nobilla succinctly put it emphasis here is on strategy not grandstanding. . . . .  . . .solutions and not causes. . . .looking forward & not Mungo Park stories.
Relatively Lagos is doing much better than Abia. . .  .end of story. Which begs the question. . . . .why?

Trying to make excuses where there shouldn’t doesn’t help your case or the good people of Abia.  There’s a limit Obama can blame republicans & G.bush for America’s economic probs,the ball is in his court now.

If the anyone feels the task of managing a state like Abia is too great due to historical disabling factors. . .  .he need not apply for the job QED
The same would have gone for Fashola ,if he’d kept blaming the neglect of Lagos by the FG for non-performance. Lets look forward - Kadima
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by puskin: 7:08am On Jul 21, 2009
@dedè1
All this grammar nd still no logical analysis/contribution/conclusion.
Fashola is the IN thing.
Take it or Leave it.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Dede1(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2009
I would not even start a debate about Lagos in comparison with Ibadan that ones served as a regional capital city talk less of Aba. Lagos city was better developed as a capital territory of Nigeria in the 60s than any city in old eastern region of Nigeria.

Again, I deteste lack of thorough approach in any assessment of jobs and would not jump into conclusion based on ill-informed factors. The analysis made between Aba and Lagos is like comparing the computer operational skills of two students, one from Akirika in Ukwa LGA and the other from London, England.

I am one of the harshest critics of the governors from then East Central State but would not compare them to the governors outside the region.

I am not a hero worshipper and can not be fazed by media headlines. I left Lagos in the 80s, and knew that it was federal government that built MMA and its access roads. Since then till date, roads are not running riot around MMA courtesy of Lagos State government. There is no federal government presence in the entire Igbo land talk less of joint ventures between states and federal.

The fact that minister for aviation went to River State to announce the perimeter fencing of a mechanic workshop with wider roads that passes as international airport and hinted about proposed joint venture between federal and Lagos governments, people are already itching to crown a king. I had hoped that the minister has gone to River State to announce the construction of an airport the size of MMA and access roads from the airport to Aba-Port Harcourt road. My plank remains that there is no federal presence in Igbo land talk less of joint venture between federal and state governments.
Re: Fashola Should Spend His Whole Life In Politics! The Man Is A Key Starter! by Jairzinho(m): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2009
Dede1:

My plank remains that there is no federal presence in Igbo land talk less of joint venture between federal and state governments.
U're just making sense. . . . . . if thehighlighted is indeed your grouse. . .open another thread for it.

This particular thread is about Fashola. Thanks  wink

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Plots Abia Gov's Defection / Do We Have Mental Issues? / Why I Shunned Fashola’s 1000-day Cerebration —lagos Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.