Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:03 AM

Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem (965 Views)

Phone Screen Problem! / 3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / Help Oh I Can't On My Phone Touch Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by peteonline: 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
Here is what to do:
Dial either of these codes from your phone, one or two of them should work:

1. *#0*#
2. *#7353#

Now select the option/menu that says TOUCH (or any related term).
You will see a white screen with grids or small square boxes. With your finger, tap on all the grids/boxes or draw lines on them till they change from white to green.

If you successfully paint all the boxes green, then it means that your device’s touchscreen is working perfectly fine. The issues you may be experiencing should be due to a software problem.

To solve this problem, try the following:

1. Take off the battery of phone and re-insert. If problem persists, proceed to step 2.

2. Hard reset your phone. By hard restting your device, you will lose all the saved files in your phone. you will be left only with the factory default setting and a return to the original mobile drivers and installaation files on your device as set by the manufacturer. This should be able to fix your screen problem caused by a software defect. Click here to learn how you can hard reset your phone.

Here is a quick excerpt on how to hard reset your Android phone:
Many Android phone makers gives a specific guideline on this but in the absence of such, generally you:

1. Switch off the device
2. Hold the POWER key together with at least the down volume key to power the phone and start the resetting process.
3. A command-like window with sometimes a green text appears
4. Use the up/down volume keys to scroll screen and use the Power key to select.
5. Select WIPE DATA and the phone reboots after some few minutes to clear and reset your device memory.

What if the above didn’t work? Then its a Hardware issue!

If the software diagnosis didn’t help in solving the problem, that is if you couldn’t paint some of the boxes/grids green during the test, then its probably a hardware fault. You will have to change the parts.

I advice you take it to a technician this time, it shoulcost you from N1,500 to change the touch screen of your Android device.
Source: http://www.mymobnet.com/question/fix-android-phone-itel-screen-touch-problem/
Re: Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by peteonline: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
CC: mods for FP!
Re: Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by Youngpo413: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
Corning Gorilla
Re: Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
Re: Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by peteonline: 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ennyhorlar:
i still can't change my Huawei Tab screen??

What happened to your Huawei? You may want to throw more light on it. But if its a hardware issue, then you will have to change the screen. If not, follow the main post above.
Re: Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by daphid25(m): 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
And if the battery is a non removable one like L5
Re: Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 16, 2016
peteonline:

What happened to your Huawei? You may want to throw more light on it. But if its a hardware issue, then you will have to change the screen. If not, follow the main post above.
it got cracked,and since then I've been finding it hard to get the screen
Re: Do It Yourself For FREE: Diagonise Android Phone Touch Screen Problem by peteonline: 10:32pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ennyhorlar:
it got cracked,and since then I've been finding it hard to get the screen
Then its clearly a hardware issue. Take it to a technician.

(1) (Reply)

Htc M8 Eye (SOLD) / Airtel Scraps Hourly Unlimited Night Plan, Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And More / Load N501 And Get 1G Wow Mtn Data Bonus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.