Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally (887 Views)

Nigerian Prisons Illegally Hires 538 Recruits, Most From North- Sahara Reporters / Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos / How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by nickxtra(m): 10:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
Am invading the office of Abuja Electricity Distribution Company tomorrow to demand why they would go to our compound and disconnect our light. Is this not cruel and sheer wickedness that after we have paid 10, 650 Naira out of the 15, 600 they estimatedly billed us, they went to the compound of One bedroom flat and two single rooms, when everybody has gone to work, to disconnect the light? This is despite the fact that the paid bill is pasted on the wall there and their attention was called to it, but they stubbornly and arrogantly told the wife of a neighbour who pleaded with them, that we should make the full made the full payment. Infact, am going there tomorrow to ask them to show me when it has become the law that a consumer's light stands disconnected if one does not make full payment of their outrageous estimated billing. Am prepared to take on them over this their wicked act. I wish the laws are set aside for me to go there and engage them in a fight!

2 Likes

Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by cassidy1996(m): 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bro's i know how you feel, its very painful. jus try and take things easy..
its time we should go back to NEPA
Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
nickxtra:
Am invading the office of Abuja Electricity Distribution Company tomorrow to demand why they would go to our compound and disconnect our light. Is this not cruel and sheer wickedness that after we have paid 10, 650 Naira out of the 15, 600 they estimatedly billed us, they went to the compound of One bedroom flat and two single rooms, when everybody has gone to work, to disconnect the light? This is despite the fact that the paid bill is pasted on the wall there and their attention was called to it, but they stubbornly and arrogantly told the wife of a neighbour who pleaded with them, that we should make the full made the full payment. Infact, am going there tomorrow to ask them to show me when it has become the law that a consumer's light stands disconnected if one does not make full payment of their outrageous estimated billing. Am prepared to take on them over this their wicked act. I wish the laws are set aside for me to go there and engage them in a fight!
omo they should come n cut my light..no light for close to a week now at airport rd!!!

1 Like

Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by delishpot: 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
No forget to take petrol and lighter go there incase dem feel say dia crase pass ya own

2 Likes

Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by Pennsylvania: 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bro, just try and get pre-paid meter, I think that's just the best!

1 Like

Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by Standing5(m): 12:55am On Mar 17, 2016
Pennsylvania:
Bro, just try and get pre-paid meter, I think that's just the best!
They intentionally hoard the prepaid meter to allow them do estimate billing that's outrageous. People may start lynching NEPA officials as from now on. Tempers are high all over the nation. The DISCOs are trying to negotiate outrageous rate that's choking customers.

3 Likes

Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by nickxtra(m): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2016
delishpot:
No forget to take petrol and lighter go there incase dem feel say dia crase pass ya own
cheesy
Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by Pavore9: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2016
Prepaid meter is the way out but those fraudsters know why they are delaying its deployment.
Re: See What I Will Do At AEDC Tomorrow Because They Disconnected My Light Illegally by silkytouch(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2016
They purposely do not want to give out the prepaid meters because that would mean 'bad market' for them.

These thieves make hundreds of thousands daily by carrying their ladders about in every neigborhood, threatening disconnection and out of fear of been in blackout, people pay up. Imagine in a neigbourhood of
100 households and they manage to extort up to 1,500 per household, that is some serious cash.

I am writing this out of experience, and I have warned the ones that always come to my compound to make sure they come with Police or Soldiers next time, else they can never disconnect my line.

Bunch of thieving thieves!

(1) (Reply)

DSS Parades Detained Ekiti Lawmaker Over Death Claims / Gunmen Kidnap Army Senior Officer In Kaduna / Femi Fani-kayode & Precious Chikwendu's Son Meets Fmr Pres. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.