Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony (13596 Views)

ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG / ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Otigba1: 9:10am On Mar 19, 2016
There is absolutely nothing wrong with differential fees. This is a federation and out of state students are expected to pay higher fees. Nigerians studying all over the world pay same fees as out of state students in their country of study.

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by bittertruthz: 9:11am On Mar 19, 2016
Flowrymz:
Shortly after the Convocation Ceremony held at Imo State University Owerri, The ASUU IMSU declared a strike after a meeting held at the School Premises by 1pm, A Copy of the Strike Memo was pasted at the school’s front gate and other locations within the school premises.

They thereby advised students to stay at home till the issue is resolved.

According to the SUG Director of Information, The State Governor released a memo through the school registrar for Non-Indegenes to pay N190,000.00 as School fees.

The Memo reads:-

FROM OFFICE OF THE SUG DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION, IMSU

Motto: knowledge is power but
Information supersedes.
Ref:SUG/IMSU/DIR OF INFO/SN12/VOL1
DATE:17/03/2016
TIME:10:40 pm

IMO STATE UNIVERSITY,OWERRI
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR

FROM REGISTRA TO THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

SUBJECT::PAYMENT OF TUTION FEES BY STUDENTS OF NON-IMO STATE ORIGIN.

DATE:15/3/2016

Please be Informed that the University Council has approved the payment of under listed category of tuition fee by students of Imo state university who are not of Imo state origin,thus

FACULTY OF MEDICINE -N190,000.00
FACULTY OF LAW- N180,000.00
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING -N180,000,00
OTHER FACULTIES- N150,000.00

The payment of this Fees is with effect from the current 2015/2016 Academic session

By a copy of this Memo the University Bursar is to take necessary action to ensure strict compliance with this directive of university council

Thank you very Much

Signed:
Emeka Ejikonye
Registrar.

That tuition fee hike for Non-indigenes caused the strike actions amongst some other issues the school management has with the State Governor, Rochas Okorocha

SOURCE - TheImpulseNG.com
http://theimpulseng.com/imo-state-university-owerri-embarks-on-strike-after-convocation-ceremony/

This man try if its free education for Imo indigenes. Non-indegene should hold their state govt. responsible.

But this man is second best gov. in Nigeria counting from bottom.
1st = Aregbesola of Osun state.
2nd = Chief, mazi Ohorocha, the Owelle of igbo land. grin
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Afrok(m): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2016
190k? Abeg nah automatic employment?
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by ournaijablog(f): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2016
strike is the main reason I didn't school in Nigeria, I wanted to go to University of Ibadan and study Law, but I realized a course of 5yrs could take 15 because of strike, my friends I started the same year with are still in school. the government should please do something quickly anytime student bodies go on strike cos sometimes it takes more than a semester to resolve embarassed thos
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by tbliss22(m): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2016
This okorocha of a guy sef, 190k for undergraduate sch fee??

All the expenses on th convocation including the N1m he gave out, now he plan to suck those cash back and surprisingly its really FAST!!

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by amjoseph19: 9:11am On Mar 19, 2016
obiapkor:
he canceled the free education for non indigenes,because his counterparts in other states refused to embark on free education in their various states which was part of their discussion at the last meeting which the governors held in enugu,looking at the tuition fees,it is not different from what other students pay in other state,in fact students even pay more in Enugu and Anambara state universities.
Must you guys always live up to your zombies tag. Must you defend even what you have no glue about

4 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by lomprico(m): 9:14am On Mar 19, 2016
Chai! Okoroawusa! You are a confirmed 419!

I better go to a private uni than pay that amount. Useless thief of a governor.

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 19, 2016
State Governments are now using universities as a source of income and it's bad for our economy
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2016
The truth is even if students resolve to pay such fee the standards in the institue would remain the same... Mediocre lecturers, sub standard facilities etc....

3 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by lomprico(m): 9:18am On Mar 19, 2016
lyterydim:
Laf won kill me die 'odikwaekwu...I told them that apc will destroy all section of our economy but wailers don't Biliv me

You mean zombies?

2 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Udopasa: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2016
If the strike action is necessitated by ONLY the fee for non indigenes, then, I would advise the Governor NEVER to dialogue with ASUU IMSU branch but to take the matter to ASUU national and after which, summarily sack all those selfish and lazy lecturers. Udo diri unu

2 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by eyeview: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2016
Dear God,
When will you hear the cry of your people and take away Rochas? Is his cup not yet full?

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Chuksemi(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2016
Lol, old news, it was just made official yesterday. I pity the year one students, their exam is always being postponed. Now it's a strike action. I go buy jamb again sef.
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by amjoseph19: 9:20am On Mar 19, 2016
ournaijablog:
strike is the main reason I didn't school in Nigeria, I wanted to go to University of Ibadan and study Law, but I realized a course of 5yrs could take 15 because of strike, my friends I started the same year with are still in school. the government should please do something quickly anytime student bodies go on strike cos sometimes it takes more than a semester to resolve embarassed thos
Who ask you wetin you dey talk. Even malawi Na abroad too.
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by LEXYCOM: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2016
Lazy students
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2016
Oh so bad.

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by totorimi: 9:26am On Mar 19, 2016
He must have settled them to allow the convocation, because him and his party likes playing to the gallery.and taking pictures. Where there is no cameraman the aide De camp takes over that role of photographer perfectly.

They should get on the job and govern properly and address the needs of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by uzoormah(m): 9:26am On Mar 19, 2016
Sasuwa:
Why nah?
Zed naa?
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by repogirl(f): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2016
It's not surprising,no be APC?
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by uzoormah(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2016
Okorocha just dey behave like adaure4ever...
APC mtchew
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by wisest10: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2016
obiapkor:
he canceled the free education for non indigenes,because his counterparts in other states refused to embark on free education in their various states which was part of their discussion at the last meeting which the governors held in enugu,looking at the tuition fees,it is not different from what other students pay in other state,in fact students even pay more in Enugu and Anambara state universities.
some time i wonder y pple talk as if......he is increasing d fees not because of anything but because of his woes in governing d state, mind u anambra and enugu states university do not pay up to dat amount, imsu has many student but anambra and imo state uni have less, i mean no harm....

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 19, 2016
demarc001:
Rochas is working
grin u funny
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by sarutobie(m): 9:37am On Mar 19, 2016
AbaGWORO the damage control troll is on his way to come and do what he knows best..

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Demainman1: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2016
Despite all that has been happening in Nigeria, the fight between APC and PDP, Army and Boko Haram, Buhari and Jonathan, EFCC, Subsidy, Fuel scarcity, increase in dollar and decline of naira, unemployment, inflation and hardship
I have good news for you.....

Guess wat?
Mango is out!!

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by ournaijablog(f): 9:39am On Mar 19, 2016
amjoseph19:

Who ask you wetin you dey talk. Even malawi Na abroad too.
Are you done? undecided
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Realtouchnot: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2016
In as much as I'm no supporter of Okorocha, a list of what every student pay in other state universities will make you to stop abusing him. I know the state universities pay around the same amount. And you know there are usually more indigens of the state in the state universities.
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Realtouchnot: 9:41am On Mar 19, 2016
wisest10:
some time i wonder y pple talk as if......he is increasing d fees not because of anything but because of his woes in governing d state, mind u anambra and enugu states university do not pay up to dat amount, imsu has many student but anambra and imo state uni have less, i mean no harm....

Can you please tell us how much they pay in those universities.
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by demarc001: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2016
Alejhandro:

grin u funny
Yes na
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by fidel2(m): 9:58am On Mar 19, 2016
GLORY.! @ LIST NOR B ONLY NASARAWA STATE UNI DEY ON STRIKE
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2016
Can someone help us with the list of tuition fees paid by other states universities in southern nigeria? so that haters will go and hug a nearby transformer.
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by Abagworo(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2016
This strike is unnecessary coming from ASUU unless it is as a result of impending unrest from the announcement. I have read severally on Nairaland where people wickedly discredit Okorocha's free education claiming there is nothing like that and now that he has removed non-indigenes from the benefits then they have now accepted it existed. The economic situation might be the reason because he has been sponsoring it with his entire security votes.
Re: Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony by victoriokelvin(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2016
Oga Rochas I know quiet alright that u re a political noise maker. This man is 2 political in all his dealing with d people of Imo state y? Rochas gave d best graduating student in IMSU d sum of 1million in d last convocation ceremony held in d school not knwing that, he has already arranged how d money will b refunded back 2 him. Chai, chai bros there is God oh. That fee is too much na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others / Chibok Girls’ WAEC Results Ready – Minister / Solutions To Wrong Parameter, Send Help To 55019 Reply From Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.