Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,871 members, 7,933,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:53 PM

"Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures (16246 Views)

Gov. Aregbesola's Massive Transformation Of The State Of Osun. PICS. / 33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Merlissa(f): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=OLP46 post=43964999][/quote]

Its so sad
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Remmyode(m): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2016
shala01:

U see wetin rice Don do ur brain

For your information

ICPC Names Aregbesola of Osun Best Performing Governor in Nigeria.

The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) has named Osun state Governor Rauf Aregbesola as the best performing governor in Nigeria.

DAILY INDEPENDENT reported that the ICPC led by the Southwest representatives, Professor Olu Aina, gave the remarks during a visit to Aregbesola in his office.
While praising the Governor, the commission said it expected the governor to be more proactive in alleviating the poverty of the people and be more efficient in the management of public resources during his second term.

The ICPC also urged the Governor to consider education and re-orientation as the most important tool to use in the war against corruption.
Before leaving the Governor's office, the group presented a letter of request from the commission to the governor for the allocation of land to build a new office in order to expand the operation of ICPC in Osun.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nicepoker(m): 9:39am On Mar 21, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Osun is not as bad as the Media People are portraying it. In fact I was amazed with the level of developments Ogbeni has brought to the State!
Osogbo was a Village before Ogbeni came to power, but Today it's close to be called a City. If he's able to complete all the Projects he embarks upon before his Tenure ends, No Candidate presented by the PDP will get more than 1000 Votes!
my friend osogbo is still a village.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Hezolad07(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2016
omokab:
This is a great news from the govt of Osun state. Ogbeni is trying in term infrastructural dev in Osun. With time when all the debt is settled and Igr is improve everything will work normal. Leave the people of hatred let them continue their normal way of life, they are the one that know when a state will not pay at the middle of the month.
. Are u sure is going to pay fully later?

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by anonimi: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2016
onilpee:
Aregbesola is a disgrace, well I can't blame him I will blame Osun people that gave him d mandate........APC is a scam.

Please don't blame our people in Osun too much oh............na the jazzz-laced odourless fufu na im cause am embarassed embarassed

[img]http://1.bp..com/-phyaGgNy0Sk/U-DIUmiwLaI/AAAAAAABNqA/Oi4ky_esKd4/s1600/osun4.png[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2016
Remmyode:

For your information

ICPC Names Aregbesola of Osun Best Performing Governor in Nigeria.

The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) has named Osun state Governor Rauf Aregbesola as the best performing governor in Nigeria.

DAILY INDEPENDENT reported that the ICPC led by the Southwest representatives, Professor Olu Aina, gave the remarks during a visit to Aregbesola in his office.
While praising the Governor, the commission said it expected the governor to be more proactive in alleviating the poverty of the people and be more efficient in the management of public resources during his second term.

The ICPC also urged the Governor to consider education and re-orientation as the most important tool to use in the war against corruption.
Before leaving the Governor's office, the group presented a letter of request from the commission to the governor for the allocation of land to build a new office in order to expand the operation of ICPC in Osun.
How can u be best governor and find it difficult to pay salary?? Icpc so that it can get free land that will be pay for by fg and the money pocketed by the official

2 Likes

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by mohciz69(m): 9:52am On Mar 21, 2016
omokab:
This is a great news from the govt of Osun state. Ogbeni is trying in term infrastructural dev in Osun. With time when all the debt is settled and Igr is improve everything will work normal. Leave the people of hatred let them continue their normal way of life, they are the one that know when a state will not pay at the middle of the month.

smh...my people are perishing cause they lack wisdom... guess your parents are not state workers under Osun...and u don't stay in Osun so you don't know the hardship the people are passing through
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by R0LL0N(m): 9:54am On Mar 21, 2016
oga AREGBE when are you paying my state allawee. it almost 1 and half year now....
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 21, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

with the likes of oyin, peter and isiaka adeleke in apc, no pdp candidate is likely to win against apc in osun, pdp might probably want to go for ife man, if that should be the case, the person would either be omisore or his stooge, ffk weightless in osun politics, so consider how pdp will be able to penetrate.
Also, considering the history between the duo of Rauf and BAT, he will do all things in his power, including finance to ensure APC remains in osun.
pdp should have tried to know how he's been paying till December, probably another loan or something, it might be a way to campaign against him, but they are not interested in that, while the apc is relating to the people daily, talking to them and making them believe(rightly or wrongly), that they are the best thing in town.
No olagbaju kin in ife wants to see anything associated with omisore, same for the ige crew of ijesha.
You seem not to understand the mass resentment against the Aregbesola administration. Osun people are seething with anger and this will be made known at the polls. Even with the widely acknowledged performance of Aregbe in his first term, the last governorship election was still quite close. One would have thought Aregbe would win in all local governments. But this wasn't so. People have seen beyond the veneer of Aregbe's pseudo-populist programmes. There are political heavyweights in the APC, no doubt. But they can't match the will of the people.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by neocortex: 10:00am On Mar 21, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Osun is not as bad as the Media People are portraying it. In fact I was amazed with the level of developments Ogbeni has brought to the State!
Osogbo was a Village before Ogbeni came to power, but Today it's close to be called a City. If he's able to complete all the Projects he embarks upon before his Tenure ends, No Candidate presented by the PDP will get more than 1000 Votes!

I don't care if you are working for your paycheck, but try
to tell stealthy not obvious lies.
Only a child born yesterday will say Osun was a village.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Gboliwe: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2016
Even the most useless of them all T. Orji is a whole lot better than this RascalAregbe.

#Shame
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Drabrah(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2016
Remmyode:

The state received less than N150 million from October till date, due the the repayment obligations for the Infrastructure Programs it has been prosecuting. In spite of the heavy obligations, Osun has paid more than N5billion in salaries between the same period.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/03/20/i-will-certainly-pay-workers-salaries-aregbesola/

Buh me no understand do maths.
So, how's d 4.85billa Generated?
Abi Ogbeni don dey do money ritual ni? ?
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by OlujobaSamuel: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2016
bejeiodus:
You seem not to understand the mass resentment against the Aregbesola administration. Osun people are seething with anger and this will be made known at the polls. Even with the widely acknowledged performance of Aregbe in his first term, the last governorship election was still quite close. One would have thought Aregbe would win in all local governments. But this wasn't so. People have seen beyond the veneer of Aregbe's pseudo-populist programmes. There are political heavyweights in the APC, no doubt. But they can't match the will of the people.
the figures of omisore was dominated by ife and environs, am not so sure there is anywhere he could boast of, also remember there is also federal might which definitely boosted his vote, the partial holding of the state allocation worked against pdp because people see such as evil, adesiyan and omisore threatening isiaka would never be taken lightly by the ede and it's allies which includes osogbo, couple with the perceived bossy attitude of oni on political players that were not even his subjects, etc Can't list all I know about the political atmosphere of the state here. However, this new ooni with his attitude and disposition, hope he won't be political when the time comes, there might be a change of tide.
I have people working there, with the salary issue, only lautech teaching hospital staff is insisting on not going to work, all others are still going to work, that speaks alot, which am yet to understand their reasons for still resuming to office, because I can't see any significant number of people carrying out government transactions daily in osun that might suggest that the workers are leaving on kickback.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 21, 2016
DaBullIT:
Some people, no matter what you show them or say to them. They just won't accept that Aregbe is working

And indeed PDP under Jonathan held osuns allocation for months, back then AregbeSola borrowed money and paid 13 months salary gallantly to these same workers that see him as evil

Not everybody has to understand or believe

Those of us who know, we know
You are a liar, Lie Muhammed. Devil is your father.

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Azeebi(m): 10:30am On Mar 21, 2016
Even when oil boom was at its peak, he could not pay. Who is the fool to believe pathological promise breaker...
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 21, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

the figures of omisore was dominated by ife and environs, am not so sure there is anywhere he could boast of, also remember there is also federal might which definitely boosted his vote, the partial holding of the state allocation worked against pdp because people see such as evil, adesiyan and omisore threatening isiaka would never be taken lightly by the ede and it's allies which includes osogbo, couple with the perceived bossy attitude of oni on political players that were not even his subjects, etc Can't list all I know about the political atmosphere of the state here. However, this new ooni with his attitude and disposition, hope he won't be political when the time comes, there might be a change of tide.
I have people working there, with the salary issue, only lautech teaching hospital staff is insisting on not going to work, all others are still going to work, that speaks alot, which am yet to understand their reasons for still resuming to office, because I can't see any significant number of people carrying out government transactions daily in osun that might suggest that the workers are leaving on kickback.
You need to quit this belief that Jonathan withheld Osun state allocation. He never did that. It was simply one of the rabble rousing antics of Aregbesola. It is too early to speculate on who will represent the PDP. But my friend, the APC is highly vulnerable.

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Kassidy90(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2016
U mean half salary, only God can judge this man..
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by DaBullIT(m): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2016
Ayo001:
May God rule the lives of your children the way Aregbesola has been ruling Osun citizens.

You won't reap the fruit of your labor

DamZik:
You are a liar, Lie Muhammed. Devil is your father.
Your father wasted Speurm , I hope he realizes that soon too

emmasege:
Your last sentence should read "THOSE OF US WHO ARE IGNORANT, ARE IGNORANT". I am a native ofnOsun, residing in Osun. Jonathan never held osun's allocation for months, get ur facts right.
As you can see , I have that in Abundance , Perhaps you should go shopping for some and unless you live on google's Osun , a virtual world , you would have seen all the things Aregbesola has done despite the harshness of the economy

Sibrah:
Stop lying that Jonathan held back Osun's allocation. The man is even stupíd for borrowing so heavily to pay salaries of non-productive workers and built schools that attract huge recurrent cost to maintain. What the logic of borrowing in the with the future allocation to pay current salaries of workers who aren't productive. I expect him to sack ghost workers, reducing salary bill by reducing salaries by 35% to make civil work less attractive, build and invest in factories, solid SME schemes and not the usual hair dressing, baking, or bead making we see always. Don't know why did slowdude didn't take garment making very serious. Everybody wears clothes and Nigeria has a good market for clothes. He was busy behaving like a clown.
He(GEJ) held Osun's allocation for 4 months , I have shared the link once before on NL , I will find it again and i will share it with you and other thomases , Oh and yes , the Allocation was reduced long before the price of crude oil crashed , Please don't tell me Punch news from 2014 was APC change's media propaganda outlet because PDP actually bought all media over , a very good case is that of dokpesi , AIT and others

a

shala01:

U see wetin rice Don do ur brain
I no sabi say hunger dey wire you sotay you dey find promo rice , Anything you no sabi , no put mouth
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by DaBullIT(m): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2016
December 25, 2014

Why FG reduced Osun allocation by 65% -APC

The All Progressives Congress in Osun State has accused the Federal Government of slashing allocation to the state from over N3.8 billion to less than N1.3 billion.

The Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the the party in the state, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, said this in a Christmas message made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Wednesday.

The party said that the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government was deliberately punishing the state with reduced allocation because of the defeat suffered by the ruling party at the August 9 governorship poll.

The APC spokesperson urged Nigerians to vote out President Goodluck Jonathan and replace him with Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the APC to liberate the nation from corrupt leadership.

He said, “The last federal allocation paid to the State of Osun was the least in the whole of the federation ‎ and was less than a third of what the state used to receive in the first half of 2014.

“Between June and October, this year, the federal allocation paid to Osun fell from over N3.8 billion to less than N1.3 billion. But the state’s salary profile alone is N3.6 billion every month.

“The Federal Government has not offered any sensible explanation for this drastic drop leaving room for reasonable speculation that the PDP is taking its ‘pound of flesh’ in reprisal for the defeat it suffered at the August 9 governorship election in Osun State.

“Osun State in particular, is being made to suffer because the state stood up to Federal Government tyranny and voted against the PDP in the last August 9 governorship election.

“No matter the economic terrorism of the Federal Government and the PDP, the people of Osun shall remain unbowed to the evil economic might of the PDP-led Federal Government, which they are currently using to strangulate workers in the State of Osun.

“In this season, when people are celebrating the great advent of Jesus of Nazareth, the Federal Government led by a so-called Christian is entertaining himself with the agony of Nigerians who are miserably suffering under the massive corruption of the PDP that has left our economy comatose.”

The party called on all people of the state to be happy in spite of difficulties they were facing, saying the days of the PDP’s treasury-looters were numbered.

“We shall celebrate in grand style when ‘Nebuchadinezzar’ shall craw on all fours into the forest to suffer for his wickedness against Nigerians including the progressive people of Osun,” he added.

Source: The Punch

http://nigerianism.com/why-fg-reduced-osun-allocation-by-65-apc/

http://www.osbc.com.ng/index.php/national-news/532-how-jonathan-starved-governors-of-funds--aregbesola

Ayo001
DamZik:
emmasege:
Sibrah:
shala01:

The Punch, Tribune and AIT links confirming that allocation was held during the Osun state second term election for Aregbesola is somewhere on my previous posts , from 2015 or early 2015 , I do not owe you any explanations , but i do not like when people just like being stewpyd especially because you are behind a computer , This is a subject i know and care passionately about , I have my facts and i will argue with proofs
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by onac16: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2016
you paid half salary from July to december and you are claiming you paid up to december. God will reward you for your deeds. wicked man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2016
I pray so Ogbeni. Just pay for their salaries. I just know that with time the debt would be settled.
All the things he invested on would help the state in future.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by integritybaba(m): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2016
Aregbe is confused...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2016
DaBullIT:

December 25, 2014

The All Progressives Congress in Osun State has accused the Federal Government of slashing allocation to the state from over N3.8 billion to less than N1.3 billion.

The Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the the party in the state, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, said this in a Christmas message made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Wednesday.

The party said that the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government was deliberately punishing the state with reduced allocation because of the defeat suffered by the ruling party at the August 9 governorship poll.

The APC spokesperson urged Nigerians to vote out President Goodluck Jonathan and replace him with Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the APC to liberate the nation from corrupt leadership.

He said, “The last federal allocation paid to the State of Osun was the least in the whole of the federation ‎ and was less than a third of what the state used to receive in the first half of 2014.

“Between June and October, this year, the federal allocation paid to Osun fell from over N3.8 billion to less than N1.3 billion. But the state’s salary profile alone is N3.6 billion every month.

“The Federal Government has not offered any sensible explanation for this drastic drop leaving room for reasonable speculation that the PDP is taking its ‘pound of flesh’ in reprisal for the defeat it suffered at the August 9 governorship election in Osun State.

“Osun State in particular, is being made to suffer because the state stood up to Federal Government tyranny and voted against the PDP in the last August 9 governorship election.

“No matter the economic terrorism of the Federal Government and the PDP, the people of Osun shall remain unbowed to the evil economic might of the PDP-led Federal Government, which they are currently using to strangulate workers in the State of Osun.

“In this season, when people are celebrating the great advent of Jesus of Nazareth, the Federal Government led by a so-called Christian is entertaining himself with the agony of Nigerians who are miserably suffering under the massive corruption of the PDP that has left our economy comatose.”

The party called on all people of the state to be happy in spite of difficulties they were facing, saying the days of the PDP’s treasury-looters were numbered.

“We shall celebrate in grand style when ‘Nebuchadinezzar’ shall craw on all fours into the forest to suffer for his wickedness against Nigerians including the progressive people of Osun,” he added.

http://www.osbc.com.ng/index.php/national-news/532-how-jonathan-starved-governors-of-funds--aregbesola

Ayo001
DamZik:
emmasege:
Sibrah:
shala01:

The Punch, Tribune and AIT links confirming that allocation was held during the Osun state second term election for Aregbesola is somewhere on my previous posts , from 2015 or early 2015 , I do not owe you any explanations , but i do not like when people just like being stewpyd especially because you are behind a computer , This is a subject i know and care passionately about , I have my facts and i will argue with proofs
Keep defending non-performance.

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by eHydrated(m): 11:06am On Mar 21, 2016
For more Jokes, text 'Aregbesola' to 36661
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by onyxo76(m): 11:13am On Mar 21, 2016
pay salaries? i heard it is now half salary every other month...very terrible situation in osun state at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by ifko: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2016
adeyemi2015:
U think wt ur third leg.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by ifko: 11:24am On Mar 21, 2016
Leviseed:
Hope dis man is not looking 4 another bailout from FG, or even intending to borrow more fund from any available sources. smiley
The useless fridge repairer loot the bail out fund just like Okorocha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Hafyz23(m): 11:43am On Mar 21, 2016
I don't understand this o, because people of osun are not complaining about this.
Is it true that the "fufu" is laced with concentrated jazz? They always defend the guy and they wil tell you "if nt for the fed. Project he embarked on with state money,things wudnt b like this,we will enjoy it later sha"

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by OlujobaSamuel: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2016
bejeiodus:
You need to quit this belief that Jonathan withheld Osun state allocation. He never did that. It was simply one of the rabble rousing antics of Aregbesola. It is too early to speculate on who will represent the PDP. But my friend, the APC is highly vulnerable.
I said partially held, even pdp used it to campaign that they will collect it after they have won.
apc capitalized on that without specifying that it was only some part on not whole, apc was just shouting for every one that cares to know that the state allocation was withheld while pdp was shouting that we will collect the fund after we hav won, nobody cares to ask how much was due to the state and how much was withheld. The money was mostly that of fg projects constructed by the state, but trust politicians, it's either you get the truth yourself, none of them will disclose the whole truth. Most times, these people don't tell lies, but they tell you half truth which is usually worse than tell lies.
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by Sibrah: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2016
DaBullIT:

December 25, 2014

Ayo001
DamZik:
emmasege:
Sibrah:
shala01:

I hate when people decide to maintain a stewpid or stùpìd stance.
Why hasn't the APC led federal govt reinbursed Osun state like PDP did for PDP states. Remember how PDP and Jonathan transfer huge sum (~N106B) to rivers state on May 28 (Few hours to change of Govt). Let the APC led govt too do the same.

1 Like

Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by anonimi: 11:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
I pray so Ogbeni. Just pay for their salaries. I just know that with time the debt would be settled.
All the things he invested on would help the state in future.

Things built at hyper-inflated costs, such as re-painting railway station at over N1 billion?
Are you JOKING

Aregbesola Eulogised Over the Renovation of the Osogbo Railway Terminus

The governor of the State of Osun Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has been described as prudent, talented, having vision and a God given gift to the state.

The special adviser to the governor on works and transport Engineer Oladepo Amudah stated this in his office while fielding questions from journalists on the rehabilitation and face lifting of the Railway Station, Osogbo.

According to him, government is using its meager resources to develop the station in order to enhance the social and economic status of the state and meeting the standard of Nigeria Railway Corporation.

Engineer Amudah said government has spent four hundred and twelve million naira on phase one, while the next stage will involve the recreation centre, clearing and separation from terminus to Olaiya which will cost six hundred million naira.

He maintained that at the end of the projects the state government will be spending over one billion naira to renovate the railway station.

From: http://osbcng.org/2013/05/29/aregbesola-eulogised-over-the-renovation-of-the-osogbo-railway-terminus/
Re: "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures by DaBullIT(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Except there's no money to transfer I am sure Dasukigate, Metuah and co are names you are familiar with
Sibrah:
I hate when people decide to maintain a stewpid or stùpìd stance.
Why hasn't the APC led federal govt reinbursed Osun state like PDP did for PDP states. Remember how PDP and Jonathan transfer huge sum (~N106) to rivers state on May 28 (Few hours to change of Govt). Let the APC led govt too do the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Having Issues Playing Role Of President – PDP / African Rights Commission Tells President Buhari What To Do Regarding IPOB, Kanu / I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.