Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,821 members, 7,879,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:36 PM

Why Are Some Men So Cruel? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Men So Cruel? (2155 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Some Childish Things Some Men Do / Bully Punished With Bad Clothing: Cruel Or Just? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
In the last 1 week, I've received calls from my sister, and a sister-in-law. Both have gone thru one level of battery or another in the hands of their husbands. My elder sister's hubby has made a duty of constantly harrassing and putting down his wife even in front of people. My sister is so stressed, she's showing signs of breaking apart. Yet, she's not ready to stand up to the brute and defend herself; she actually deludes herself by believing she's being submissive! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad sad sad
My sister-in-law, on the other hand, was beaten and battered by her husband, who over a very flimsy issue, took up a cutlass, and used the both the flat and sharp parts to 'design' her body! shocked shocked shocked shocked
:oPray, why do our women put up with battery and assault from their insane hubby?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by ifyalways(f): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2009
Whoopie:

:oPray, why do our women put up with battery and assault from their insane hubby?
Our society frowns at Divorce.Infact some ppl/culture see it as an abomination hence the woman shld remain in the marriage and endure no matter what.
@Topic,what are you doing abt ur sister and SIL to help them?
Its better to be alive and happy than than being "married BUT dead". . . .To answer Mrs is NOT an achievement.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2009
shocked shocked

cutlass? shocked

lord have mercy.

after they're dead the men will remarry oh.

heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Fhemmmy: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
A woman that will stay in a marriage after being cut with a cutlass is a fool.
It is time for her to run for her dear life, cos at her funeral, the woman that cry most will be the one to warm her bad with her husband that night.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2009
@poster
they (the battered women) deserve every knock, punch, stabbing, death they are getting.
if a person decides to stay in a marriage after such treatment then they have only their bullshit beliefs to blame.
they dont know how to read their bible and since they would call themselves "god fearing" then they should ask "god" for answers.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
they (the battered women) deserve every knock, punch, stabbing, death they are getting.
if a person decides to stay in a marriage after such treatment then they have only their bullshit beliefs to blame.
they dont know how to read their bible and since they would call themselves "god fearing" then they should ask "god" for answers.

many pple read the bible upside down, bible has never said that if your life is in danger, you should stay in such marriage
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

many pple read the bible upside down, bible has never said that if your life is in danger, you should stay in such marriage

yes but yet many stay in such marriage believing that its against "their christian beliefs" to divorce.
whatever it is: christian beliefs or love. they have only themselves to blame
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Fhemmmy: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

yes but yet many stay in such marriage believing that its against "their christian beliefs" to divorce.

i agree with you my guy
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Outstrip(f): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2009
Foolish women. You need to give your sister some encouragement. As long as people around her keep maintaining that the life of a divorcee is a death sentence then she would rather stay there and die
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by samparian(m): 3:08am On Jul 24, 2009
Cutlass ke? The woman no get brothers and parents?
Unless the woman tried to poison him and failed, i dont see what she could have done to deserve cutlass cuts.
what is she still doing in that house?
Legally, they can lock up the man and throw away the keys. YES. Thats assault and attempted murder.

From the way i'm seeing a lot of marriages in Naija, our girls are all marrying for the wrong reasons and soon their fantasies and infatuations quickly turn to nightmares
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by SeanT21(f): 3:56am On Jul 24, 2009
Whoopie:

In the last 1 week, I've received calls from my sister, and a sister-in-law. Both have gone thru one level of battery or another in the hands of their husbands. My elder sister's hubby has made a duty of constantly harrassing and putting down his wife even in front of people. My sister is so stressed, she's showing signs of breaking apart. Yet, she's not ready to stand up to the brute and defend herself; she actually deludes herself by believing she's being submissive! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad sad sad
My sister-in-law, on the other hand, was beaten and battered by her husband, who over a very flimsy issue, took up a cutlass, and used the both the flat and sharp parts to 'design' her body! shocked shocked shocked shocked

They both need to get out their marriages ASAP.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by FBS: 8:09am On Jul 24, 2009
Good Lord. 
For real? shocked
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
samparian:

Cutlass ke? The woman no get brothers and parents?
Unless the woman tried to poison him and failed, i dont see what she could have done to deserve cutlass cuts.
what is she still doing in that house?
Legally, they can lock up the man and throw away the keys. YES. Thats assault and attempted murder.

From the way i'm seeing a lot of marriages in Naija, our girls are all marrying for the wrong reasons and soon their fantasies and infatuations quickly turn to nightmares

There is nothing to have warrant such, nothing at all
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by mamagee3(f): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2009
Enough of the rambling, seriously. angry
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
All in the name of Marriage angry. Well there's no turnin back now, either they look for a way to talk to their husbands, or they go to the parents and settle the issue. If the husbands don't feel the women are good wives, and the wives don't see the men as good husbands, then it's time to put shame, self rightousness or whateva emotion they're feelin aside and move on.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Monicaa: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

Then I think this would be a situation where one has to go against the christian beliefs. They need to get out asap.Once dead, no coming back. I think even God would want them to get out of such marriage.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2009
ezinne1212:

All in the name of Marriage angry. Well there's no turnin back now, either they look for a way to talk to their husbands, or they go to the parents and settle the issue. If the husbands don't feel the women are good wives, and the wives don't see the men as good husbands, then it's time to put shame, self rightousness or whateva emotion they're feelin aside and move on.

What do you means there is no turning back? they cld turn back if they chose to, Bible/Tradition never said die in a marriage when your life is in danger, infact, God will ask you when u die and wanna enter into heaven, that fools aint allowed in.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by GEW: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2009
hope you learn not to ever threaten your wife from this let alone make her insecure in her own house. i dont kno how we raise these monsters. everything is fight and abuse for naija people.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

What do you means there is no turning back? they cld turn back if they chose to, Bible/Tradition never said die in a marriage when your life is in danger, infact, God will ask you when u die and wanna enter into heaven, that fools aint allowed in.

I believe you misunderstood what i meant by no turning back, i simply meant that they're married, so you can't just snap your fingers and undo it. You either find a way to work things out or you walk away. I'm not for any human being suffering in a situation that can be fixed.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
Monicaa:

Then I think this would be a situation where one has to go against the christian beliefs. They need to get out asap.Once dead, no coming back. I think even God would want them to get out of such marriage.

easier said than done. the way people put all their faith on the good book, its difficult to get them to open their eyes and by the time they realize that, its too late.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
ezinne1212:

I believe you misunderstood what i meant by no turning back, i simply meant that they're married, so you can't just snap your fingers and undo it. You either find a way to work things out or you walk away. I'm not for any human being suffering in a situation that can be fixed.

I am so sorry if i misunderstood u.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Busybody2(f): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2009
Why is this thread being forcefully steered towards the "Christian women are the only set of dumbf.ucks who despite being battered by their husbands, refuses to leave the matrimonial home" angry angry angry

O ga o, did the OP mention anything about the victim's religion, shior undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2009
Busy_body:

Why is this thread being forcefully steered towards the "Christian women are the only set of dumbf.ucks who despite being battered by their husbands, refuses to leave the matrimonial home" angry angry angry
O ga o, did the OP mention anything about the victim's religion, shior undecided undecided undecided

you are right it doesnt have to do with christians women only but also muslims, jewish, buddhist, rastafarian or whatever is out there this days. many women stick to the battering on religious ground.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Hauwa1: 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2009
this is the reason why i wish they have 911 system in nig.

just to teach ladies beaters a lesson.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by tine(f): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2009
my aunt's husband tried too set her ablaze. apparently he had been abusive but she kept it from the family.

this one she couldn't hide cos my sister was there and my sister called every member of the family she could reach that day.

needless to say, she was bundled out of the marriage by my uncles. the church then sent people to try and reconcile them. my grandfather who's also a pastor told them to give a would be murderer there own daughters not his.

your sister and sister in law should remember that marriage is only for as long as you both shall live, no one said anything about a partner hastening the process. they should get wise and forget what society will say. its them that might end up in some grave not society.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Fhemmmy: 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2009
tine:

my aunt's husband tried too set her ablaze. apparently he had been abusive but she kept it from the family.

this one she couldn't hide cos my sister was there and my sister called every member of the family she could reach that day.

needless to say, she was bundled out of the marriage by my uncles. the church then sent people to try and reconcile them. my grandfather who's also a pastor told them to give a would be murderer there own daughters not his.

your sister and sister in law should remember that marriage is only for as long as you both shall live, no one said anything about a partner hastening the process. they should get wise and forget what society will say. its them that might end up in some grave not society.

Such man shd be locked up and throw the keys into the lagoon
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by samparian(m): 4:36am On Jul 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Such man shd be locked up and throw the keys into the lagoon

exactly my point.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Amigoz(f): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2009
I have neva seen ma mum exchange heated words wit ma dad or vice versa, talkless of them raising their hands on each other.

I can only feel 4 d kids in such situation!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2009
Talking about the kids, I heard that even when my S-I-L was away in hiding from the house, her 3 eldest kids, whom she left behind (she could only take the two youngest with her), were also being harrassed by their father. The eldest child, who's 13, was threatened with amputation by his father. When asked about the cause of the latest fury, he was said to have complained that the boy left the house without informing him! For me, this' a simple case of insanity. My S-I-L had to immediatedly send for her kids to avert further disaster.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2009
Whoopie:

Talking about the kids, I heard that even when my S-I-L was away in hiding from the house, her 3 eldest kids, whom she left behind (she could only take the two youngest with her), were also being harrassed by their father. The eldest child, who's 13, was threatened with amputation by his father. When asked about the cause of the latest fury, he was said to have complained that the boy left the house without informing him! For me, this' a simple case of insanity. My S-I-L had to immediatedly send for her kids to avert further disaster.

This is sad!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by tine(f): 10:51am On Jul 25, 2009
shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Some Men So Cruel? by tine(f): 10:55am On Jul 25, 2009
I think your sister in law should get out while she can.
The way i see it, if she stays he might kill her and then what becomes of her children? she would be leaving them with a monster.

I also think her husband needs help he doesn't sound sane to me.

(1) (Reply)

Etiquette for A Perfect Relationship / Please Help! My Mum Doesn't Want Ladies Around Me! / What Could Be Wrong With My Freezer? I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.