Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,867 members, 7,973,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:32 AM

Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School (16333 Views)

Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays / Politicians Should Stop Sending Their Children To Foreign Universities -JAMB / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by erusen: 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
TeamSimple:

So easy for an illiterate to recognize one.
u see why I said you are an illeterate ?they still feed you to go to school and the only thing you learnt was "it takes an illeterate to know an illiterate "
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by TeamSimple(m): 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
erusen:
u see why I said you are an illeterate ?they still feed you to go to school and the only thing you learnt was "it takes an illeterate to know an illiterate "
Ok
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Angelberry:
imagine, some have food but cannot eat....some can eat but have not food...who remember this prayer Children in the south are ready to go to school and the govt is doing nothing about it. Even the so called free education is not totally free but somewhere in the north they are paying parents to send their daughters to school. What a country we live in
It's because those in the South are already exposed compare to the core north that has high illiteracy. This policy is melt to encourage the girl child over there since they are adamant to change
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by 247notire(m): 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
dahaz:

They are backward yet they are in control of the country and they determine who rule these country.
Actually, it has nothing to do with smartness. It is Lord Lugard that made it so. Seeing that the south was more likely to be defiant to their colony, he decided to merge the north and south so that the British could control a larger area at all times. They did this knowing fully well that the north was totally impoverished and enslaved to Islam hence they would be used to control the leadership of Nigeria perpetually.

This is a little bit of your history as a Nigerian. I doubt you know anything about your history though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by dahaz(m): 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
mynd1:
Don't mind them. Let them continue with their hatred and we continue to rule over their sorry asses.
lol..I like these!
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by dahaz(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
247notire:
Actually, it has nothing to do with smartness. It is Lord Lugard that made it so. Seeing that the south was more likely to be defiant to their colony, he decided to merge the north and south so that the British could control a larger area at all times. They did this knowing fully well that the north was totally impoverished and enslaved to Islam hence they would be used to control the leadership of Nigeria perpetually.

This is a little bit of your history as a Nigerian. I doubt you know anything about your history though.
Thanks mr historian for the education. Next..
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by mynd1(f): 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
dahaz:
lol..I like these!
True talk na. grin
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by vislabraye(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
magicminister:

That is equity and justice.
I totally support the move despite the fact i am not from the North.
Female education and education in general has been neglected in the North.
With this initiative we would have better educated future mothers who would in turn raise well educated children. Hopefully, it will put an end to the systemic insecurity waves in the north and raise more liberal individual.

They are bound by their religion and tradition. Unitl they have a change of mind, they will remain like that. Meanwhile, the daughters of the Sultan and Emirs go to good schools. Why don't they give them the right orientation ?
When you advise them against child marriage, they will be angry. Yeye people.
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by KOLZY(m): 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
TeamSimple:

It's the state governments money in support with Unicef, I don't know how that affects your three square meal.
TeamSimple:

And how has your religion helped your community?
TeamSimple:

It's the state governments money in support with Unicef, I don't know how that affects your three square meal.
Let me guess, you are a muslim?... Now you've mis read the entire point I was trying to make

Beginning any convo with you, as I have just started is a total waste of God giving time and I will bite my myself on the ass for even giving you this time.

Trying to explain anything to you now would make me look stupid. It will be like talking to myself in the miRror, I still get same shit back. No changes.
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Nwadiala: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
whenever I read a story like this, I would be tempted to ask God this question. " God why am a Nigeria?" but then, I will remember that am a BIAFRAN trapped in nigeria, that one day I or my unborn children will be free and have equal opportunity with their fellow citizen. then, I smiled and say to my God "do it at your own appointed time"

1 Like

Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Nwadiala: 12:28am On Mar 23, 2016
CosmeticChemist:

you attended federal govt college, ugwolawo ?
My niece is there and she is doing very well
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by sundoj08(m): 12:52am On Mar 23, 2016
mynd1:
I am not responsible for your failure in life and your ugliness. U know who to transfer your anger to.

Dayumm Girl ! Relax a lil bit on the dude grin
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Taasii4change: 1:01am On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
imagine, some have food but cannot eat....some can eat but have not food...who remember this prayer Children in the south are ready to go to school and the govt is doing nothing about it. Even the so called free education is not totally free but somewhere in the north they are paying parents to send their daughters to school. What a country we live in
blem do governor of yours state for not introducing such policy to you despite their huge allocation.
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Obiwiz(m): 1:15am On Mar 23, 2016
dahaz:

They are backward yet they are in control of the country and they determine who rule these country.
Smh.... Is that something to be proud about? Words can't just describe ur kind of mentality. You're one of the reasons we're among the third world countries. Meanwhile, we know British colonialists and dia allies always make sure the foolish ones are in charge so dey can continue milking Africa to delusion.
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by ohenhen1: 3:52am On Mar 23, 2016
Is it that bad that they have to start paying parents to send girls to school?
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by brightnelly(f): 4:51am On Mar 23, 2016
dahaz:

Don't think they are there because they merit it or are smarter!!! They are in control just because they have monopoly of VIOLENCE!!! other ethics prefer PEACE that's why..
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by TeamSimple(m): 6:23am On Mar 23, 2016
KOLZY:

Let me guess, you are a muslim?... Now you've mis read the entire point I was trying to make

Beginning any convo with you, as I have just started is a total waste of God giving time and I will bite my myself on the ass for even giving you this time.

Trying to explain anything to you now would make me look stupid. It will be like talking to myself in the miRror, I still get same shit back. No changes.
Thank God I finally found a Christian nairalander with a bit of sense. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by iambijo(m): 6:58am On Mar 23, 2016
Standing5:
Ha ha ha . . . Govt of hand outs. Why N5k to the parents' why not uni scholarship?
sokoto students are already on uni scholarship since 1999
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by iambijo(m): 7:16am On Mar 23, 2016
What ever come from north no matter how good it's southerners will criticise it, I just don't get it !!! Why all this hate ?
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Amhappy(f): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2016
Good move by the Sokoto state govt. solving problems from grassroots. Training and employing female teachers is a very positive step.
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Standing5(m): 8:21am On Mar 23, 2016
Wonderful. That's a good legacy.
iambijo:
sokoto students are already on uni scholarship since 1999

1 Like

Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by blackprowler: 8:48am On Mar 23, 2016
MoyoGENERAL:
hmmm, at this Age, using monetary incentives before parents release their female children for schooling!!!!!! Tell me, how will they value Education when they aren't paying for it? What about when the incentives aren't forthcoming, those Parents can possibly withdraw their kids from school!!!!!Thinking they are depriving the govt some benefits!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaa.....
O Civilization, why didst thou embrace our brothers in the North Earlier!
O Civilization, thou doest not well!
No, thou doest not well!!!

Lol. It is Islam that destroyed the North, not Boko Haram as someone above me said. Islam was a fully-developed religion in the North before the British came and in order to have an easier time ruling them, the British instead encouraged them to continue in their ways and even compromised with them in not bringing the light of education to them in normal ways. That was sad because the British conquered them militarily and could have enforced any system they wanted. Alas they had no reason to stress themselves too much as Nigeria was just one of the large network of colonies they were administering("the sun never sets on the British Empire"wink with only so many administrators and actual soldiers to go round. Nigerian history reads like a Shakespearean tragedy
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by Ghost447(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2016
dahaz:

How has it improve their living condition? They are ruling and their citizens are suffering, that is a bigger shame.
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by kaybee09(m): 10:29am On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
blame ur governors
Re: Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School by elrony(m): 11:05am On Mar 23, 2016
TeamSimple:

Married off @ 10yrs still better than getting raped at 5

grin grin grin grin

Raped at 5 shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Debunks Best Student Claim / ASUU Strike; The Union Is Still Consulting Its Members / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.