Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,729 members, 7,921,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

A Spike In My Hat - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Spike In My Hat (912 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Spike In My Hat by northernative: 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
©Hakeem Nothernative 2015
All rights reserved, no parts of this publication may be reproduced or reprinted in any format or stored in a retrieval system without a prior written approval from the author.
You can contact the author via; hakzoman@gmail.com

Chapter 1.

The lecturer scribbled more words yet again on the white board, my belly was at war and could barely concentrate, i took another glance at my watch, it has been over 1 hours since the Lecturer was in, it was my first day of attending class and with the pressure the lecturer was mounting on us, i knew Kogi State Polytechnic won't be easy, the lecturer talked alot that i couldn't recall but when he was done he dropped a home work, then we all copied the question on our notes.
Getting out of the hall was another hell on its own, i had to stay back and watch every body rush out, the way they were pushing their selves if i dare try to follow them, with my hungry stomach, my next ride will be an ambulance.
It was my first day in school, as a fresher i had to ask people for direction, i needed the Canteen and needed to get there fast. Students who were in sight buried the heads on their mobile phones and others chatting away their time, i aproached a copper coloured guy, wearing a red Liverpool jersey and black jean.

‘Bros. please help me with the direction to the school canteen’
I pleaded, tapping his shoulders.

‘Big man, you fit handle their price so?’ The guy asked, the question got me worked up i wished he was in my shoes, he would not only direct me but carry me to the canteen.

‘Bros abeg. Just tell me’ I pleaded again.

‘If i show you the place you go buy one bottle of coke for me?’ He asked again, with the way the guy voiced i knew he was broke so i had no choice than to turn on the offer, we got to the canteen and settled on an empty table, i ordered a plate of rice for my self then a bottle of coke and a plate of rice for the guy while we were eating a lady walked in, her scent of her perfume filled the air, she was light in complexion, and clad in black hijab, with the opening on her teeth one could tell she was a Hausa lady.
My eyes were fixated at her, i watched her finish the bottle of coke which she gulped with a straw, she stood up and made her way out i was taken aback by her dis-appearance, when i was back to my senses the guy who has been eating with me had dis-appeared.

‘This guy is an un-grateful fellow, how could he leave without a Tank you’ I uttered softly.
I turned my eyes back to the table the girl was, a note-book was on top of the table, i quickly stood up and walked to the table and picked the note-book, my suspecion was right she was a Hausa Girl. Usman Fatima, was her name.
Re: A Spike In My Hat by northernative: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Chapter 2

When i got home that same day, i ate pounded yam accompanied it with egusi soup, with fish fluttered over it, I thanked Mom thoroughly for the sumptuous meal, i browsed through the pages of my note-book, but all i could see was blank pages, thoughts raced in my mind in circles, an idea struck my mind.

‘Go get your phone and search Fatima on facebook’ The inner me commanded, from my bed i sprang up to get my phone, that i plugged in the sitting room, i took my phone and came back to the room, i tried connecting on facebook but all my efforts were fruitless, my data suscription was off, calling for renewal, i searched my wallet, it was void, my insticts advised me again to go buy recharge card on credit from Abdullahi, the hausa man that sells provison along the road in a blue kiosk, i drew a shirt from the piled clothiers on my ghana-must-go bag, i wore it and left the house.

‘Feter!, Feter!!’ Abdullahi hailed on noticing my arrival, he was busy counting wards of naira notes.

‘Mallam!, My name is Peter not Feter’ I enlightened.

‘Na you sabi, wetin you want make i give you?’ Abdullahi asked, facing up.

‘Please, can you give me four hundred naira MTN recharge card on credit i swear i will pay you tomorrow’ I begged, without asking further question he carried a polythene bag and brought the recharge card.

‘Thank you oh!’

‘No walaha’ Abdullahi said, Abdullahi can be very supportive but when you don't pay back on time he'll force you into a lion's den.

I returned to my room then loaded the recharge card after-wards renewed my data suscription i logged into facebook, i got the greatest shock of my life when i searched for Fatima on facebook and couldn't find her.

Please help me get along with your comments tell me what you feel about the story, good or bad, please.
Re: A Spike In My Hat by joanee20(f): 11:22am On Mar 26, 2016
Cool story UV got here..am following
Re: A Spike In My Hat by northernative: 11:56am On Mar 26, 2016
joanee20:
Cool story UV got here..am following
Thanks for stopping by thought no one was following
Re: A Spike In My Hat by millalorin: 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
following
Re: A Spike In My Hat by abubakarbabang7(m): 9:43am On Mar 27, 2016
Following. Oya cum continue
Re: A Spike In My Hat by northernative: 10:01am On Mar 28, 2016
Chapter 3

School the next day was much alike with the previous days, with students shattered all over the compound, i regarded that day as a special day, i made sure i was looking sleek with the aura of Dad's perfume which i stole after He left for work that morning before coming to school, I was expecting a blissful day, I searched every where to see if i could spot Fatima around to return her note book and at the same time ask for her contact, i was still searching endlessly when some on tapped my shoulder from behind, Turning my glance backwards, It was the ungreatful fellow the guy i had lunch with the previous day.

‘Big Man, How far’ the ungreatful fellow greeted

‘I'm good’ i said, returning my glance to continue my search.

‘Are you looking for some one?’ Ungreatful fellow asked from behind.

‘Yes.’ i exclaimed.

‘A guy, or the Girl at the canteen yesterday?’ He asked, the corners of my lips curved into a smile on hear the girl at the canteen, I nodded.

‘Follow me’ The ungreatful fellow instructed, he led the way while i followed behind him like a dummie.
We got to the back of a block, Mass Communication hall precisely, A group of girls about three in number were sitting on a small piece of rock chatting away their time.
While the ungreatful fellow led the way he told me his name, Jamil. At least i'll stop calling him Ungreatful fellow.

Jamil went closer to the girls while i stayed back he bent down maintaing an equal height with a girl wearing a pink snippet hijab with a black gown, he whispered to her ear and Fatima stood up walking towards were i was, Jamil stayed back with the rest of the girls, my heart race and a cold shiver was sent down my spine
Her face was expressionless.
I just can imagine a girl slapping me in public.
Re: A Spike In My Hat by northernative: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2016
Please your comments are highly needed, to get along with my audience. meanwhile like my facebook page => Facebook.com/hakwritez

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Missrosieluv. / Moi Exposure After Secondary School / Iba: The Scourge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.