Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,876 members, 7,889,919 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) (6325 Views)

Woman Finds Salamander In Her Pot Of Soup (Photos) / Pawpaw Soup- A Special Tiv Delicacy / A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2016
How To Cook Nigerian Pawpaw Soup wink

Pawpaw soup is very easy to cook, a delicacy of the South South, particularly Obudu People of Cross River State, Nigeria. This soup is now loved by many Nigerians from other tribes. The ease of cooking pawpaw soup is what is most attractive. To make this nutritious delicacy, you need to first of all wash and peel unripe pawpaw, clean the inside and throw away the seeds; next you dice or cut into your favourite tiny shapes and dry very well. Your dry unripe pawpaw is ready for any Nigerian soup, it's added when cpoking is done, so you can add to your yummy ogbono, egusi, white soup or even okro vegetable soup. If you know the many health benefits of pawpaw, you'll try this easy to cook Naija soup. Your family will thank you for this. Super delicious and crunchy.

Health Benefits of pawpaw:
http://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/2016/03/how-to-cook-unripe-pawpaw-papaya-soup.html

Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2016
Dry unripe pawpaw can be stored in airtight containers and kept for as long as you want.
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by goodmorning40: 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
That is awkward
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Cutehector(m): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dnt just cook Dat trash in my house. If I want to eat pawpaw, I'd buy it fresh! cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
goodmorning40:
That is awkward
I thought so too until I tried it just yesterday. Thankfully I took pics. Very crunchy and tasting very different from what you think o. If you like good kpomo, you'll like it.
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
goodmorning40:
That is awkward
I thought so too until I tried it just yesterday. Thankfully I took pics. Very crunchy and tasting very different from what you think o.
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
Cutehector:
Dnt just cook Dat trash in my house. If I want to eat pawpaw, I'd buy it fresh! cool
Variety is the spice of life na. A trial has just convinced me. Unripe pawpaw has some great health benefits too, can you eat raw unripe pawpaw?
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Cutehector(m): 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
Twinkie8:
Variety is the spice of life na. A trial has just convinced me. Unripe pawpaw has some great health benefits too, can you eat raw unripe pawpaw?
why not eat the leaves and the stalk instead.

Why would I eat smth dat's unripe?

Health benefits my foot.
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Cutehector:
why not eat the leaves and the stalk instead.

Why would I eat smth dat's unripe?

Health benefits my foot.
YOU DON'T KNOW? The leaves and stalk are medicinal. Great home remedies grin
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Cutehector(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
Twinkie8:
YOU DON'T KNOW? The leaves and stalk are medicinal. Great home remedies grin
really. Leme knw when u turn into a herbivore wink i'l surely give u my grass to eat as well cheesy
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Cutehector:
really. Leme knw when u turn into a herbivore wink i'l surely give u my grass to eat as well cheesy
cool
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by aydelicious: 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
Twinkie8:
Dry unripe pawpaw can be stored in airtight containers and kept for as long as you want.
really...
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by Twinkie8: 6:35am On Mar 25, 2016
aydelicious:

really...
That doesn't mean forever oh. Till you need to cook. I have kept mine for 5 months. Still very good smiley
Re: Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) by armyofone(m): 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
Tiv soup kinda...i love it with huge bush meat and dried fish.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Feed With "1000 Naira" For A Whole Day In Nigeria? / Caterers Read Before U Buy Your Cake Stand Mixer / White Man Eating Semovita And Draw Soup In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.