Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,391 members, 7,974,631 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 08:38 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1341601 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
Noneroone:
Pls someone help me. My laptop (HP 250) misbehaves sometimes.any sound from the audio cracks either when watching video, playing audio music or even when giving warning. In some rare cases system service exception error will appear and it i'll retart on it's own. Its windows 8.1

Reinstall your operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
UBGG:
I left my laptop on for a bit, a Dell, and it went on sleep mode. When I tried to use it again, the screen remained blank, the battery indicator was on, and I couldn't shut it down because everytime I pressed the power key it went off and turned back on almost immediately with only the battery indicator on.

I removed the battery and put it back in, it didn't work

See a laptop technician. Replacing the CMOS battery might bring it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ashconsult12:

I'm getting nightmarish flash backs from your troubles man, when I was on Pavillion g3 I had the same issues, but alas it was due to an upgraded bios...

Took a while but I saw something on hp forums that helped. You might too. I can find the link.

I ordered for a new one already. Thanks though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
etech:
your laptop needs to be checked by a technician.

I ordered for a new one already. Thanks for your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2019
Please my hp pavilion dv6000 charger been spoil, so i went to buy another charger, the have tested almost 8 different charger and still says plug in not charging

My question could my battery contribute to dis, cos before the charger spoil my battery use to charge 40% and jump to 100 and sometimes charge 20% and never add again but when unplug the 20% will last like it was 100%

Wen de charger spoil de battery was in the system for almost 2 months and i wanted separating dem but didn't

So am wondering wat might be making it shows plugged in not charging.

I went to device manager and Uninstall the battery drivers which automatically reinstall itself but de plug in not charging didn't fix

I also noticed the battery drivers was only 2 instead of 3 or maybe it because of windows 8.

Please i need help and advice on how to go along with this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
Samfilo31:
Please my hp pavilion dv6000 charger been spoil, so i went to buy another charger, the have tested almost 8 different charger and still says plug in not charging

My question could my battery contribute to dis, cos before the charger spoil my battery use to charge 40% and jump to 100 and sometimes charge 20% and never add again but when unplug the 20% will last like it was 100%

Wen de charger spoil de battery was in the system for almost 2 months and i wanted separating dem but didn't

So am wondering wat might be making it shows plugged in not charging.

I went to device manager and Uninstall the battery drivers which automatically reinstall itself but de plug in not charging didn't fix

I also noticed the battery drivers was only 2 instead of 3 or maybe it because of windows 8.

Please i need help and advice on how to go along with this

After all this it still didn't occur to you that he battery is bad?

Unless your laptop comes with an inbuilt ba3 ,it is always advisable you remove your ba3 if you're not going to use your laptop for a long time.

Let's say over a month, in some cases it can damage the motherboard.

The best thing to do now is replace the battery,and if problem persist then your laptop charging section is bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noneroone(m): 4:24am On Apr 27, 2019
etech:
Ok kindly defragment your HDD also pls if your OS is original please install your windows up.

udemzyudex:

Reinstall your operating system.
Thanks. how can I do the reinstallation? will my files be affected?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:39am On Apr 27, 2019
Noneroone:
Thanks. how can I do the reinstallation? will my files be affected?

Your files ( pic, video, documents,music etc) apart from the installed apps won't be affected.

You will have to install them back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onnasucs1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
udemzyudex:

Your files ( pic, video, documents,music etc) apart from the installed apps won't be affected.

You will have to install them back.
PLEASE HELP! When i plug in my charger into my laptop, my laptop gets so slow to the point that i can't use it( CPU utilization shoots up to 99-100%) but if i unplug my charger, it comes down and works perfectly and very fast. I have tried 3 different chargers thinking it is the charger, but it is still the same, i have even removed the battery, still yet no change.

The laptop is Hp Elitebook 6930p with 3GB ram. Please, what is the issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
Onnasucs1:
PLEASE HELP! When i plug in my charger into my laptop, my laptop gets so slow to the point that i can't use it( CPU utilization shoots up to 99-100%) but if i unplug my charger, it comes down and works perfectly and very fast. I have tried 3 different chargers thinking it is the charger, but it is still the same, i have even removed the battery, still yet no change.

The laptop is Hp Elitebook 6930p with 3GB ram. Please, what is the issue?

This is a very rear case, one will need to troubleshoot the motherboard VIN and charging section for any issue that might be connected with thermal sensor.

However, you can update the BIOS of the laptop first,if problem persist I'll advise you see a laptop technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onnasucs1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
udemzyudex:

This is a very rear case, one will need to troubleshoot the motherboard VIN and charging section for any issue that might be connected with thermal sensor.

However, you can update the BIOS of the laptop first,if problem persist I'll advise you see a laptop technician.
thanks alot. I'll do as you've said
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ezio17: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2019
Would a 12 cell battery work for my HP pavilion dv6?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leTrizzle: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
My PC no longer sees mobile phones connected to it, what could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
leTrizzle:
My PC no longer sees mobile phones connected to it, what could be the cause?

All USB port?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ezio17:
Would a 12 cell battery work for my HP pavilion dv6?

Sure
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ezio17: 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
udemzyudex:

Sure

1.How much is it?

2.How long does it last?

3.Is it new or followcome battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leTrizzle: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
udemzyudex:

All USB port?
Yes oh. But it recognizes flash and hard drives.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
leTrizzle:

Yes oh. But it recognizes flash and hard drives.

If it sees your flash then try another USB cable.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leTrizzle: 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
udemzyudex:

If it sees your flash then try another USB cable.
I have tried various cables even phones, same thing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ezio17:

1.How much is it?

2.How long does it last?

3.Is it new or followcome battery

1. Copy will be around 12-15k / original will be around 20-25k

2. Copy will last you 5-8hrs / original 10-12hrs

3. All are new but there is copy and there is original direct from HP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
leTrizzle:

I have tried various cables even phones, same thing.

I'll advise you to see a laptop technician.
Fault is definitely from motherboard ( depending on the model of your laptop) reflowing the PCH might help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leTrizzle: 11:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
udemzyudex:

I'll advise you to see a laptop technician.
Fault is definitely from motherboard ( depending on the model of your laptop) reflowing the PCH might help.
OK, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ezio17: 4:04am On Apr 29, 2019
udemzyudex:

1. Copy will be around 12-15k / original will be around 20-25k

2. Copy will last you 5-8hrs / original 10-12hrs

3. All are new but there is copy and there is original direct from HP.

I prefer copy.... original is too expensive.

I live in.abuja....where can I buy?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:23am On Apr 29, 2019
Ezio17:

I prefer copy.... original is too expensive.

I live in.abuja....where can I buy?

No idea cos I'm base in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Finest4luv1(m): 7:57am On Apr 29, 2019
Please who can help me out on how I can drive my hp elite book 1040.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
First identify the drivers that are missing from your device manager?

Then just get driver pack software or use the online version and install the missing drivers.

Finest4luv1:
Please who can help me out on how I can drive my hp elite book 1040.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Armaggedon: 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2019
etech:
Ok kindly
defragment your HDD also pls if your OS is original please install your windows up.

pls, what does the bold mean and how is it done?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whispereye: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
My main PC trouble is that 11 years old already so it's hardware related. Some games which require SSE 4.2 do not work anymore. Some games which needs Vulkan API do not work anymore. I do not have USB 3.0 and up and last TV tuner DVB-T2 stick didn't worked eithier.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
HDD- hard disk drive

right click on your hard drive to go properties then click on tools then click defragment. analyze your drives before you defragment.

Armaggedon:
pls, what does the bold mean and how is it done?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Armaggedon: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
etech:
HDD- hard disk drive

right click on your hard drive to go properties then click on tools then click defragment. analyze your drives before you defragment.

Thanks. The sound from my laptop also cracks every ten seconds, that's why I asked.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fabbiano77(m): 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
My acer aspire laptop need change of Keyboard and touchpad. Anybody with their contact pls will appreciate or how I can replace the keyboard with same original match of the model. I know that their service centre is in Lagos but I need contact email or functional phone no of their technical staff here in Nigeria
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stano2(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
Good evening Engineers and wonderful people on this thread.
Please my Lenovo ideapad laptop came with a 64gig solid state drive SSD, which is low.
Please I would love to know if I can use a HDD on this laptop because I heard SSD are more expensive.

Like how much can I get 250gb and 500gb SSD and also how much would it cost me to get 250gb and 500 HDD? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) ... (1234) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.