Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,174 members, 7,928,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1321341 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2009
@lakefist

hi my hp550 home basic vista is showing
check disk error
while i try to restore my system to its original state i dont no wat to do,i was thinking of formatting the harddisk but just want to see if theres a solution for me,

Next time can you please give the actual message. ok turn it off please back on again

Keep pressing F10

Dignostics

&

Primary Hard disk test

and give is the result

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
I'm here again, even if my first problem has not been solved ie system restore issue, but this time its my flash drive, i can't seem to stop it after using it, the system keeps telling me it can't be stopped, can anyone help me with solution please?

The computer wouldnt have worded it like that. you need to give us the actual message. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2009
Deji2009 the exact words are ' the device 'generic volume' cannot be stopped right now.try stopping the device again later.' thats the message, and the heading of the info box reads 'problem ejecting USB mass storage device' , i hope this gives you an idea of the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2009
Ha classic winblows. Its caused by ur windows inability 2 drop handles. Google and download a small utility called unlocker. Install it and whenever dt crap occurs it promptly helps u nlock d handles n free ur flash. It also works 4 rouge programs dt wont quit. Its a must have winblows prog
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2009
Ha classic winblows. Its caused by your windows inability 2 drop handles. Google and download a small utility called unlocker. Install it and whenever dt crap occurs it promptly helps u nlock d handles n free your flash. It also works 4 rouge programs dt wont quit. Its a must have winblows prog

@4llerbe is absolutely right

It happens sometimes that you have no application running from your pen drive or any file opened in your knowledge but still when you try to remove

the pen-drive it shows this error message shown above. In that case you can use a free application called Unlocker which will help you to remove

your pen drive from your windows. when closing application next time, make sure they are all close or use the task manager or just restart

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ohios(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2009
I have an issue with my HP Dv6000, sometimes when I put it on,the screen does not come on but the keyboard like comes on for like 2mins and keeps rebooting every 2mins, There are some times I switch it on and it comes on perfectly. I have actually troubleshooted the screen flex,HDD and ram but no known fault, Please if u know of anyway out, I dont mind.Thanks anyway
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2009
@deji2000 is there no other solution? i hardly use cafes, and downloads are usually not allowed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonescosmo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
Ohios:

If the chipset of ur motherboard is AMD & NVDIA, pls do not hesitate to seek urgent repairs or replace with intel board, prosessor and fan to put a stop to that and never buy AMD powered motherboard again, it could be cheap but has environmental temperature issues. ie: its works well in cold regions where then temperature of the surroundings cools it because the fan isnt just enough. But intel powered boards are environmental friendly and doesnt overheat to drop one of the IOs of the chipset.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2009
jonescosmo:

Ohios:

If the chipset of your motherboard is AMD & NVDIA, pls do not hesitate to seek urgent repairs or replace with intel board, prosessor and fan to put a stop to that and never buy AMD powered motherboard again, it could be cheap but has environmental temperature issues. ie: its works well in cold regions where then temperature of the surroundings cools it because the fan isnt just enough. But intel powered boards are environmental friendly and doesnt overheat to drop one of the IOs of the chipset.
Hey don't you think you should say something about those claims. If you are a spammer you better leave this thread!
angry BECAUSE I HATE THEM! angry
@ohios: It is still possible the problem is from your battery. Wait for the trusted guys here like 4llerbe, deji or blackweaver. I don't really know much about hardware.

@nearest: I don't think it will be nice to be using a tool every time you are trying to eject your usb drive. You definitely have a program (probably a virus) in your system which locks file handles on your usb drive. Try to use a diagnostic tool to find out the virus or give me a list of the proccesses running on your task manager.
Note: You can also download an antivirus update and scan your system if you prefer.

@4llerbe: Thanks for talking about your experience.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonescosmo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2009
skydancer: u said it all (you dont know much about hardware)

Well i spoke from xperience, because i can boast of 9 yrs hardware engineering xperience.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2009
jonescosmo:

skydancer: u said it all (you dont know much about hardware)

Well i spoke from xperience, because i can boast of 9 yrs hardware engineering xperience.
A scammer's talk, not a new thing undecided I know some who can boast more. Go and do something with your knowledge, if you have any
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonescosmo(m): 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2009
AMD like i said means Advanced Macro Devices, macro means sumtin big so for AMD to be embeeded into mobile devices must have a disadvantage which one of them is the problem my guy is have with his system right now.

And please do not insult me for telling you whats happening in the techs world.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2009
jonescosmo:

AMD like i said means Advanced Macro Devices, macro means sumtin big so for AMD to be embeeded into mobile devices must have a disadvantage which one of them is the problem my guy is have with his system right now.

That's very lame grin, Because LG stands for life is good. All their products make life good. What a theory shocked shocked And because there's a company called yahoo. All the workers and their product are like you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2009
I have an issue with my HP Dv6000, sometimes when I put it on,the screen does not come on but the keyboard like comes on for like 2mins and keeps rebooting every 2mins, There are some times I switch it on and it comes on perfectly. I have actually troubleshooted the screen flex,HDD and ram but no known fault, Please if u know of anyway out, I dont mind.Thanks anyway

@Ohios

First and foremost, check no damages to the USB ports. How did you troubleshoot your Hard drive ? That a big term for us here. you need to break it

down please. ok, here what to do turn the laptop off please back on again dont wait for anything and keep pressing F10 until you come to Bios setup

utility Diagnostics then Primary hard disk self test. if Diagnostics isnt available then use this utility i use at work

http://support.packardbell.co.uk/uk/item/index.php?i=6917051000&ppn=pb34322504

Re-installaton will be last resort, I suggest you try the diagnostics utility before proceeding to Reset

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2009

@Ohios

First and foremost, check no damages to the USB ports. How did you troubleshoot your Hard drive ? That a big term for us here. you need to break it

down please. ok, here what to do turn the laptop off please back on again dont wait for anything and keep pressing F10 until you come to Bios setup

utility Diagnostics then Primary hard disk self test. if Diagnostics isnt available then use this utility i use at work

http://support.packardbell.co.uk/uk/item/index.php?i=6917051000&ppn=pb34322504

Re-installaton will be last resort, I suggest you try the diagnostics utility before proceeding to Reset

Good luck

If you"re not willing to do that then consider this. get into the bios like F10 make sure laptop is plug to mains

Leave the laptop on the blue screen for 30mins or 1hr if it restart itself on that blue screen. Then a afriad you"ve got a hardware problem. if the

otherway round then is a software just a case of reinstalling your operating system. Good luck, Deji Sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2009
@nearest

This may or may not work for Vista, but just minutes ago I experimented with my vista machine and managed to solve it. When you're ready to

disconnect your device, go into My Computer (or just plain Computer, either way, you want the folder that lists all the drives.) Right click on the device and click on safely remove, and you got it, It worked the very first time and I was able to unplug my SimpleTech device in verified safety. I really hope this works for you. should be the same for XP. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2009

Basically AMD is better for Graphics manipulation, Games etc while Intel is good for multimedia, office application etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2009
@nearest

EjectUSB is a free, portable program that lets you remove your USB drive from your computer when failed to eject it safely. This is a common

problem; many of you might have got the message “The device ‘generic volume’ cannot be stopped right now……, ” when trying to eject a USB drive.

This is because some process or applications (probably rogue programs) is accessing your USB drive. Windows will not allow it to remove because

of the possible data corruption.

EjectUSB is designed to be a simple utility to close all running programs or process from a specified drive or folder. So that you can remove the

drive with out any fear of losing data.

Moreover, EjectUSB could flush the file cache, close Explorer windows and remove registry entries and Recent Document shortcuts of the specified

drive or folder.

Alternatively you can do this as follows: Open My computer and right click on the USB drive icon.

Now click on Properties – Hardware and select your USB drive then click ‘Properties’. Under ‘Policy’ tab select ‘Optimize for quick removal’ and click

OK to save settings.

This setting disables write caching on the disk and in Windows. So you can disconnect this drive without using the Safely Remove Hardware icon.

Good luck, Deji Sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2009
I think you have Norton on your system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:31pm On Oct 10, 2009
@jonescosmo

If the chipset of your motherboard is AMD & NVDIA, pls do not hesitate to seek urgent repairs or replace with intel board, prosessor and fan to put a stop to that and never buy AMD powered motherboard again, it could be cheap but has environmental temperature issues. ie: its works well in cold regions where then temperature of the surroundings cools it because the fan isnt just enough. But intel powered boards are environmental friendly and doesnt overheat to drop one of the IOs of the chipset.

Wow! AMD is cheaper than Intel I agree. but, the rest of your statement I dont. @Ohio reported his system keep rebooting I wont start him off with

what you mentioned. Have we carried any diagnostics to give us more infor. e.g. damages to usb ports, surge, pheripherals attch etc.

Take care Bro!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2009
@jonescosmo

False! Advanced Micro Devices. Anthlon 64+ etc[quote][/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2009
nearest:

@deji2000 is there no other solution? i hardly use cafes, and downloads are usually not allowed.

the unlocker software runs as a background service, u dont have to consciously start it, whenever u click on remove hardware and there is any rogue handle it just pops up and say unlock, 1 click and ur thru. dont make it sound like its such hardwork!!!!
and the program is really small and light, like 2 mb. am sure u can get to do that somehow even if its with ur fone.

as for the virus part, yes thats true unfortunately thats not the only reason for handles, at times its an autorun.inf which is always in your flash, at times its just a romance ur windows has with the flash, at times its registry issues so, , watever works fr u sha. thats the beauty of windows, live with the little issues and don't complain if u cant follow free advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 3:45am On Oct 11, 2009
<^^ Very cool cool :8 wink
I guess you wear both the red and black hat wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zenus(m): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2009
4llerbe:

the unlocker software runs as a background service, u dont have to consciously start it, whenever u click on remove hardware and there is any rogue handle it just pops up and say unlock, 1 click and your thru. dont make it sound like its such hardwork!!!!
and the program is really small and light, like 2 mb. am sure u can get to do that somehow even if its with your fone.

as for the virus part, yes thats true unfortunately thats not the only reason for handles, at times its an autorun.inf which is always in your flash, at times its just a romance your windows has with the flash, at times its registry issues so, , watever works fr u sha. thats the beauty of windows, live with the little issues and don't complain if u cant follow free advice

I hope the owner of that flash should just format his flash, cos some system is making use of some files in de flash
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ohios(m): 8:55am On Oct 13, 2009
I really appreciate everyone for their useful contributions and will still appreciate if there are more suggestions. I have actually carried out memory diagnostics checks and everything was ok. I was actually suspecting the board,because getting to HP office,I was told I need N45,000 to change my board, That is not an option at all because its even better to go for a new one, Thanks and really appreciate u guys expertise, any more useful suggestions?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akinsbobo2(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2009
Pls,i use acer aspire 5000.my dvd rom doesn't play audio or video discs.i also notice dat,it recognises some application packages.pls,what could be wrong & what is d way out.it has windows xp sp2.and,where can i get good battery for d acer aspire 5000 & for how much.thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zenus(m): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2009
Akinsbobo2:

Pls,i use acer aspire 5000.my dvd rom doesn't play audio or video discs.i also notice dat,it recognises some application packages.pls,what could be wrong & what is d way out.it has windows xp sp2.and,where can i get good battery for d acer aspire 5000 & for how much.thanks in anticipation

goto acer website and download ur video and audio driver for ur laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baba2nday(m): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hi,my HP Compaq 6730 doesn't seem to read DVD or CD again,it keeps showing dat the disc is in d drive but hardly reads it,i guess it a lens wahala,pls can d lens b changed or do i av to change d whole drive,its Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561S, pls any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by b12360: 10:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
My lap is hp 530 notebook. A friend formatted d recovery disk/partition in my system(HP_RECOVERY (Dsmiley) which i once used to restore my system to it's original factory shipment condition. P/s how do i get it back. Secondly, my dvd drive is refusing to open. If i insert disk after applying force to open it, it tells me no disk. I need help as i am new to computer. (do laugh, U were once like me)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 11:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
NOPE SORRY U CANT GET THAT PARTITION BACK UNLESS U SEND IT TO HP.
AS FOR THE DRIVE THE DRIVE IS GOING BAD. THE LENS IS GONE. U NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 12:52am On Oct 15, 2009
@4llerbe: can u send me your im wink cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samuelsam(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2009
plz send some information on how to format window xp and vista

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (1231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.