Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,626 members, 7,889,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:11 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1301208 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:07am On Apr 24, 2011
kandiikane:

I went to Start-All programs-Accessories- System tools- System information

It will show you all the information about your system including your RAM

@Deji2009, thank you I uninstalled flash and my videos are working fine now. I think it is because I downloaded it more than twice.
Will come again if anything. smiley

then i cant believe it when you said. its showed no RAM

when the system is fully running
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:10am On Apr 24, 2011
^^ I do not understand.
Do you mean it is because I had the system running that is why it did not show or because I did not have it running?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:17am On Apr 24, 2011
kandiikane:

^^ I do not understand.
Do you mean it is because I had the system running that is why it did not show or because I did not have it running?

if there is no RAM normally the pc boot but not run
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:41am On Apr 24, 2011
billtommy:

Thanks drill,the modem has only one port,and its my personal system and d modem works with d two systems fine i mean differently,all i was tryin to do is to find a way of sharing d internet connection with d other one using Ju5dexd3yqMo,a kind of home group connection,i tried using bluetooth,it didnt work,i also have dis cable is been used for internet connection in cafes,i dont know if that mite actually help,

what is AH DOC,  to share internet you need a router that  let other computers connect to the net through it or that would able you to do file sharing , the cable is nothing without a router
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:42am On Apr 24, 2011
^^It just says it is unavailable but when I checked through computer-system properties it showed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:49am On Apr 24, 2011
kandiikane:

^^It just says it is unavailable but when I checked through computer-system properties it showed.

am sure there was a cock up in the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebony88: 6:54am On Apr 24, 2011
pls i need site where i ccan download freedom software and also send me its settings this is my email :e.oladunjoye@gmail.com

thanks alot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 7:28am On Apr 24, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

very simple way to reset is to just pull off the power cable then connect it back that would reset the router to aquire an new IP address but this wont reset passwords or whatever personal set-up you did on your own

be clear on the full problems
That is the problem and i have explained it the best way i can. My system keeps telling me windows cannot connect to wireless connection whenever i try to connect to a detected wireless connection and resetting the wireless adapter was the solution windows proffered after troubleshooting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bukason: 8:03am On Apr 24, 2011
deji2009:

Thanks for the above and here is your diagnostics.

Power laptop on

pressing F10 or F1

A  Bios blue screen would
appear look for

diagnostics

Go for hard drive long test

And let us know about

the result. if a memory

test is available you

can run a quick test

If diagnostics not available
then your laptop is old model
and would recommend taking it
to a computer professional

Is this XP or Vista

If vista keep pressing F8

then last know good config

if no joy then try safe mode

then let us know

If you like to do factory recovery (data loss)
then F11 on start up should select recovery
with data backup and you have the chance to
save your data. That's if your laptop is one of
the recent models> If not then take it to technician

I really do appreciate your effort .thx man
Its a hp 4515s probook with window vista OS.
I have tried the above diagnosis you stated and i still cant get anywhere pass the 'press the esc key for startup menu' being continuously displayed on the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2011
kandiikane:

How far is your wireless to your computer because sometimes things can block the wireless to your computer, like a wall. Or even the distance.
Actually there is a wall between but i don`t think that is the problem,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2011
Esin waju:

If you live in europe that would make it easier for us to
diagnos, as some of us dont live in nigeria and not use to
MTN or other internet service provider.

If you have a router and in europe reply back ASAP and I can
give a diagnsotics to conclude the problem and advice next

Windows buit in diagnsotics is misleading you.

Is from experience you see

Waiting,  going to church 10.30
lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:45am On Apr 24, 2011
bukason:

I really do appreciate your effort .thx man
Its a hp 4515s probook with window vista OS.
I have tried the above diagnosis you stated and i still cant get anywhere pass the 'press the esc key for startup menu' being continuously displayed on the screen.

Thats a standard diagnostics on all Hp machines and suprise
you were not sucessful getting to Bios.

Ok, Here's a conclusion if no joy take it to a PC Professional
as we have done our 1st line diagnostics and not able to
go further, The technician would advice next step

Turn off Laptop

Disconnect battery at the back, release catch to open

Disconnect everything attached/plug in i.e. usb device, printers
SD card so we the laptop only

Hold/press down the laptop power for 60 seconds exactly

connect just charger and plug it to mains, no battery at the point

Turn on keep pressing F10 for bios. if there then try diagnostics
I advice the last time.> HD TEST

If no Bios screen nothing else would work.never never

Take it to a techncian
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2011
Esin waju:

1ST

Ok, try the following and I take you hav a wireless router and not MTN dognles.

ISP like=BT, Talk Talk to mention a few

Make sure you router is On and laptop is Vista

Click start > type in devmgmt.msc

Look for Network adaptor a
and right click your wireless adaptor

Uninstall and the top of the screen

look for action then scan for hw changes

If prompt to restart do so
i.e. intel pro/realteak

2ND

Right click the x red cross on the right next to the clock

Network sharing centre > Manage wireless networks

Highlight your network then remove

Power off your router for 5 minutes then back on again

click the x red cross then connect to your network
should ask for password>>> Let us know the result

Take it you dont have norton installed ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2011
Esin waju:

i dont think the problem is the wall, why, bcoz it is being picked by the pc meaning it is penetrating the wall, check your password on the computer re-type them in

remember if the password is wrong it would still pick up the network but wont connect and

also if the wall was the problem it would not pick up the network or it would pick up and connect but signals would be weak
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abiolag(m): 11:01am On Apr 24, 2011
i formated my HP NC6220 and load another window xp and ever since d screen look dull.The brightness is not there again.only when i connect charger that d system will bright small.i've check for brightness settings but i cann't find it.pls what can i do to get d screen brightness back? Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2011
abiolag:

i formated my HP NC6220 and load another window xp and ever since d screen look dull.The brightness is not there again.only when i connect charger that d system will bright small.i've check for brightness settings but i cann't find it.pls what can i do to get d screen brightness back? Thanx

check here

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/729427.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:10pm On Apr 24, 2011
abiolag:

from what you described, it is obvious that your computer is currently using the default vga driver that loads when you install windows.
what you want to do is to figure out the type of video card that your computer has (going to hp website with your make and model) and download the appropriate driver for the video card. also you can adjust the brightness setting fron control panel

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=447348&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=447371&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228#11360">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=447348&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=447371&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228#11360

you can find it ^^^
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aje49ja(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2011
abiolag:

u jst need the drivers for ur systen, goto hp site and inthere support page type ur system number e.gnc6220 and download VGA,audio,lans,etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2011
Let us technical pro read each other reply before replying.
Seems we don't read one another comment before replying
or repeating the same
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by milanseedorf(m): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2011
my dell inspiron windows 7 gives me an error message wmi not found when i want to work with my sql database.pls any suggestion 2 the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by milanseedorf(m): 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
my dell inspiron windows 7 gives me an error message 'wmi not found/connected when i try working wit my sql database.pls any suggestion 2 d problem.tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by milanseedorf(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
my dell inspiron windows 7 gives me an error message 'wmi not found/connected when i try working wit my sql database.pls any suggestion 2 d problem.tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
milanseedorf:

Click start then run and type in services.msc

right click on Windows Management Instrumentation
then properties make sure is set to start
and automatic.

If no joy press start and
look for windows update

make sure you have installed
all microsoft update

Click start , computer

system properties

Make sure is service pack 1 not 2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
milanseedorf:

Which of the Windows 7 editions do you have installed? I asked cos Home basic,Home premium editions cannot do some enterprise level processes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by milanseedorf(m): 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2011
am using windows 7 ultimate. The service and started and automatic.it used to work until i edited a database i was using to work then it started giving the error
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
milanseedorf:

am using windows 7 ultimate. The service and started and automatic.it used to work until i edited a database i was using to work then it started giving the error

Have you tried Deji2009's suggested solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by milanseedorf(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
yes and still no working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2011
milanseedorf:

yes and still no working
i dont know if this will be a last resort thing but you could try system restore. As in moving your computer back some days before you strated seeing such issues. that might help. make sure you do back up of your database before system restore.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
omega25red:

i dont know if this will be a last resort thing but you could try system restore. As in moving your computer back some days before you strated seeing such issues. that might help. make sure you do back up of your database before system restore.

He can only restore if he had a restore point set before the event.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^ True talk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Zimdrill, thanks for the response @Deji2009, eko ni mo n gbe o lol, I reside in lagos. By the way i don't think you are getting me, i'm not trying to share my wireless connection. I'm the one who's trying to connect to a wireless connection that has been detected by my system and i use windows 7 ultimate so i could not try out what you suggested. Thanks for the response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Zimdrill, thanks for the response @Deji2009, eko ni mo n gbe o lol, I reside in lagos. By the way i don't think you are getting me, i'm not trying to share my wireless connection. I'm the one who's trying to connect to a wireless connection that has been detected by my system and i use windows 7 ultimate so i could not try out what you suggested. Thanks for the response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.