Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,590 members, 7,888,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1301164 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2011
I can assure you I do not have a faint heart. I am willing to learn if you know how.

I am going to go research on this matter (remote desktop access). Will come back if I feel it is necessary smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

I can assure you I do not have a faint heart. I am willing to learn if you know how.

I am going to go research on this matter (remote desktop access). Will come back if I feel it is necessary smiley

No probs.

Dang, those lips are messing with my central processing unit cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 9:34pm On Apr 28, 2011
lol, do not derail the thread.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lannre(m): 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
Please I need simple way to remove the Window Genuine Advantage notification on window 7, I have tried the remove wgtray from system32 I cant even find wgtray there, tried the regedit column to delete winlogon , but its not deleting- I need a good and simple way to remove it- my wife mistakenly scan with window defender . Thanks for anticipated and considerate response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:12am On Apr 29, 2011
lannre:

Please  I need simple way to remove  the Window Genuine Advantage notification on window  7, I have tried the remove wgtray from system32 I cant even find  wgtray  there, tried the regedit column to delete winlogon , but its  not deleting- I need a good and simple way to remove it- my wife mistakenly scan with window  defender . Thanks for anticipated and  considerate response

Your windows is fake/counterfeit. I personally would not advice you on how to remove WGA.
Visit a computer technician, That's why he/she is there to install a genuine windows.
Pay for the service and you would have a good windows. The message means is fake

if is not you would not be getting it.Is like a car with a brake but doubts is effectiveness
am sure you would visit a mechanic. That is it my brother/sister. We are transparent and in
other to achieve that we need you users to help us, so people can have a good impression
about nairaland computer section.

[quote][/quote]

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lannre(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2011
deji2009:

Your windows is fake/counterfeit. I personally would not advice you on how to remove WGA.
Visit a computer technician, That's why he/she is there to install a genuine windows.
Pay for the service and you would have a good windows. The message means is fake

if is not you would not be getting it.Is like a car with a brake but doubts is effectiveness
am sure you would visit a mechanic. That is it my brother/sister. We are transparent and in
other to achieve that we need you users to help us, so people can have a good impression
about nairaland computer section.

Thank you for that advice, can I get a link of where and how to get original window, here in Nigeria one can get a fake goods even at a price above original . Will appreciate you link on that . Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2011
lannre:

Thank you for that advice, can I get a link of where and how to get original window, here in Nigeria one can get a fake goods even at a price above original . Will appreciate you link on that . Thanks
hello sir
where do you live maybe i could be of some help.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lannre(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

hello sir
where do you live maybe i could be of some help.
thanks

You are appreciated Kingsley, I got rid of it , just now- I removed KB071033 and the rest is history- You are so much appreciated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
lannre:

You are appreciated Kingsley, I got rid of it , just now- I removed KB071033 and the rest is history- You are so much appreciated
i will wait to see what happens with your windows because i also found something online to remove the "this is not a genuine windows" message and that totally ruined the computer i did that on. If i were you i will back up all my documents etc before you shut down your computer.
Short of you actually having a key to put in windows all those hacks simply destroy your registry might work for one or two computers but they usually fail.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2011
hello and hw re y'all doin. kinda need some help here. plz can anyone tell me where i
can download authentic drivers for ma hp probook 4515s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megatran(m): 11:17pm On May 01, 2011
i formatted my laptop with xp tho i was usin windows 7 and i was sure to use anoda free partition of which doesnt contain the windows 7 os, bt to my greatest suprise, after formattin i didnt get the ption of choice between the two os. instead it starts booting straight into xp anytime i put on the system, pls i would want help on how i can make the system boot thru windows 7 without formattin it again or if any of u can help me with xp drivers for sound, vga and bluetooth 4 hp 6735s i would gladly appreciate it, for those who have the drivers and want to assist u can send it to my mail , megatransmitter@yahoo.com, thnk u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:55pm On May 01, 2011
megatran:

i formatted my laptop with xp tho i was usin windows 7 and i was sure to use anoda free partition of which doesnt contain the windows 7 os, bt to my greatest suprise, after formattin i didnt get the ption of choice between the two os. instead it starts booting straight into xp anytime i put on the system, pls i would want help on how i can make the system boot thru windows 7 without formattin it again or if any of u can help me with xp drivers for sound, vga and bluetooth 4 hp 6735s i would gladly appreciate it, for those who have the drivers and want to assist u can send it to my mail , megatransmitter@yahoo.com, thnk u

For example, you have a car and want to customize it to your likes, would you
do it or to take it to a professional ? Is the same as a computer, use one
operating system at a time and be contented with what you have.

Dual booting may or may not void your warranty or cause further problem.

If you insist on having two operating systems visit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15

You need to find out if your computer is ready for windows 7. For xp drivers visit the manufacturer website.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megatran(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2011
deji2009:

For example, you have a car and want to customize it to your likes, would you
do it or to take it to a professional ? Is the same as a computer, use one
operating system at a time and be contented with what you have.

Dual booting may or may not void your warranty or cause further problem.

If you insist on having two operating systems visit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15

You need to find out if your computer is ready for windows 7. For xp drivers visit the manufacturer website.
its not like i am trying to use both os, i had to switch to the xp because a particular software for a modem wasnt coming up well on the windows 7 and the owner of the modem told me to switch to xp for it to work and after the whole proces i was unable to recover my windows 7

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:43am On May 02, 2011
Reply from Mobile internet. @megatran, visit the computer manufacturer website and make sure you select the correct operating system and download all the drives you need. For example modem, network controller et cetera.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:46am On May 02, 2011
You need to make full use of Windows 7 offerings such as XP mode. Partitioning is so outdated, virtualization is the way forward.

I can run more than 4 operating systems concurrently and independently like the pic attached. If your OS is genuine, please read up on it.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2011
deji2009 and denzel 2009 are you the same person or are you work colleagues?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bashiru: 2:06pm On May 03, 2011
Please how can i connect yahoo messenger application with my internet hotspot in school
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2011
Bashiru:

Please how can i connect yahoo messenger application with my internet hotspot in school

is that from a phone ? or laptop

either way the application has to be first in phone or laptop, then you need the password to the hotspot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:06pm On May 03, 2011
henryskywalker2003:

Hmmm,  I posted something earlier but it got removed by the mod, anyways  here is a repost.
@kandikane, the choppy playback u are experincing, is it limited to web videos or does it include local files (ie videos on your hard drive or cd drive) if its restricted to only web videos, I will suggest that you uninstall the adobe flash player you have and download and install the same adobe player plugin, but this time get version 10.0. Install it and try playing the videos again. Let me know the result. You can get the version 10.0 from here http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php?old_flash_player=18

@Denzel2009, I will suggest using teamviewer remote desktop app for the remote desktop thingy. Its available on windows, mac and linux platforms.

I have been using teamviewer for about 3 yrs, its even on my desktop up there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guddy(m): 9:14pm On May 03, 2011
I just got a hp pavilion core i3 laptop and i notice dat i gets hot after a shot period of using it. Is dis normal? Also i try 2 install bluetooth on it but its not working well wat do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:56pm On May 03, 2011
Guddy:

I just got a hp pavilion core i3 laptop and i notice dat i gets hot after a shot period of using it. Is dis normal? Also i try 2 install bluetooth on it but its not working well wat do i do?

how did you conlude that it is getting hot ? hot air from the vents or temperature reading ?

on bluetooth does your pc have built in bluetooth capabilities ? or you have to install a usb one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GoodMuyis(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2011
Hello Guys I have a Virus infected PC on to Troubleshoot, and i have Avast 6.0.*. but the Moment the Avast start installation, the Virus (I think) will cancel the installation. In this situation what i think is that; maybe most of the System files including Explorer.exe, svchost.exe(s) and other are infected. also Cause i successfully delete the Treat Manually. Now to install Avast is a problem, what Can i do more. Pls consider my Conditions Below:

I don't want to Repair the OS
System restore also Fail me
I don't have good Internet to Download
Where i could buy AV Cd is very far

Pls Work Can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:27pm On May 04, 2011
GoodMuyis:

Hello Guys I have a Virus infected PC on to Troubleshoot, and i have Avast 6.0.*. but the Moment the Avast start installation, the Virus (I think) will cancel the installation. In this situation what i think is that; maybe most of the System files including Explorer.exe, svchost.exe(s) and other are infected. also Cause i successfully delete the Treat Manually. Now to install Avast is a problem, what Can i do more. Pls consider my Conditions Below:

I don't want to Repair the OS
System restore also Fail me
I don't have good Internet to Download
Where i could buy AV Cd is very far

Pls Work Can i do

why dont you try other aint virus eg avira, avg spybot if you manage to install then run scan to see if their is any virus

if there is nothing then the registry is messed you need toi delete avast traces in the registry then reinstall it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugotuf(m): 7:26pm On May 04, 2011
hi denzel2009,how can i get the xp mode on and working on my genuine windows 7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:46pm On May 04, 2011
ugotuf:

hi denzel2009,how can i get the xp mode on and working on my genuine windows 7?

Very easy mate. You have to read and understand every bit of information here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/faq.aspx

Then, you are good to go. Best things in life are free!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 11:39pm On May 04, 2011
kandiikane:

deji2009 and denzel 2009 are you the same person or are you work colleagues?
denzel you did not answer^^
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:33am On May 05, 2011
kandiikane:

denzel you did not answer^^

We are different, he is more knowledgeable though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (1226) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.