Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,146 members, 7,887,328 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:51 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1300486 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
holartunji25: my system just switch off automatically anytime it likes and av try changing the battery and charger and it still dsam pls I need help urgently

make and model number e.g. toshiba p300-20h windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by spikesC(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
deji2009:

ATX Reset
If you have had any issues with you computer and phoned the help line number one
of the common things they will ask you to do is an ATX reset,
Basically this just resets the power supply in your computer
and in most cases can solve some power issues.

How to perform an ATX reset:

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer

then shutdown and put battery then star again to start
using windows normally

If this does not solve the power issue it may be the hardware its self
which is faulty and will need repairing or replacing.

Man, i did all those things. The laptop just dey misbehave sometimes. Do you know how much i can get a new HDD. If possible, the sizes and there prices. Am looking at 250GB and above
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
spikes C:

Man, i did all those things. The laptop just dey misbehave sometimes. Do you know how much i can get a new HDD. If possible, the sizes and there prices. Am looking at 250GB and above

I don't know because I dont live in nigeria.
Als take th lapop to the shop yeah

all the best
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ignis: 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
deji2009:

ontinuous press on F10 for 30 secs
then let go aftterwards

If no joy try F2 as as well

It must enter the bios

if not because of the
bad people on NL would
have given my number to
call but cant do that.
This is nairaland anything can happen
the closest i can do is if you have skype
add this id dejisunday can then talk to you
Thanks dear, Unfortunately am not on skype. I will try it when the light comes, and give you the feed back. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OperaMinister: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
deji2009:

what's the full model number of the pc. e.g HP SR501

Have you run windows 7 upgrade adviser to determine
if the pc is compatible to run windows 7 32 bit or 64
bit ? No such thing as windows 86 bit, could it have been
a typing mistake.
. Ya d 86 bit is a typigraphical error. I dnt know d code lyk Hp 635.al i no is dats its IBM THINKCENTRE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maxibrainz: 1:58am On Sep 26, 2012
Get a new laptop that sells at lagos for #50,000 at a very cheap price of #14,000 check it out http://www.maxibrainz..com/2012/09/the-simple-cheap-brand-new-laptop.html?m=1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mikkyphaton: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2012
pls my laptop is hp, weneva i try to put it on it comes on but does not show anything on the screen could it be a screen problem or what, although i hv taken it to comp. Village but dey said its the motherboard and it cost 24k. Pls can i get a cheaper price of maybe less than 10k. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
pls ooo..techs nd engrs in d house,my hp is avin a prob.weneva i insert dvd or cd in2 my laptop it wont show d dvd or cd bt i will hear only d sound of d disk inserted playing but wont show d vedio.pls wot can i do?nd it as not been doing lyk dis b4.Tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikebrain: 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
Immanuelar: pls ooo..techs nd engrs in d house,my hp is avin a prob.weneva i insert dvd or cd in2 my laptop it wont show d dvd or cd bt i will hear only d sound of d disk inserted playing but wont show d vedio.pls wot can i do?nd it as not been doing lyk dis b4.Tnks

The CD Rom is probably weak, you should get a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adekayo1234(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
please i just updated my nortton anti virus but on restart my computer developed a problem. it refuse to start. what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikebrain: 6:58am On Sep 28, 2012
adekayo_1234: please i just updated my nortton anti virus but on restart my computer developed a problem. it refuse to start. what should i do

It refused to power on or boot its OS? Please reply so we could help you out.
You can chat with me live on www.louisint.2itb.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holartunji25: 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
toshiba A200 windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
damn it, i,m installing window xp on a sony laptop, everytime i format it the laptop keep showing classic view, is its dat my os cd have problem, before i dnt observe just tin and rite now is giving me headace. i dnt hv another os cd to format the laptop, pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
pls if I transfer my hard disk frm my pc to anoda pc, wuld I lose my documents. pls reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
Immanuelar: pls ooo..techs nd engrs in d house,my hp is avin a prob.weneva i insert dvd or cd in2 my laptop it wont show d dvd or cd bt i will hear only d sound of d disk inserted playing but wont show d vedio.pls wot can i do?nd it as not been doing lyk dis b4.Tnks

Chikebrain:

The CD Rom is probably weak, you should get a new one

Considering the problem you've had with the laptop not playing cd dvd, We are
to offer you a remote suport fix where We'd attempt to fix the problem in real time

Download award winning teamviewer and select download free version, select personal use
and follow the instructions to complete the installation. Id come here at 8pm UK TIME to check
your reply. Have bought a phone a cheap mobile with a new mobile number to serve this
purpose as of when necessary.Please keep and dont abuse the number. This is one of the way
I can be of help. it is very hard for me to make that decision but I guess is the sacrifice I
can make even though I dont live in nigeria but do the little that i can.

CALL AT 8PM PLEASE AND I WILL QUICKLY HAVE THE TEAMVIEWER ID AND PASSWORD AND THE REST
OF MY COMMUNICATION WILL BE THROUGH THE TEAMVIEWER AS I DONT WANT TO EXHAUSTE YOUR CREDIT

network is lebara is cheap int calling deji 07909309108 make sure you add Uk dialing code

or skype id:dejisunday

let me know by 8 which one

I WILL NOT CALL ANYBODY BACK, I'M NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO ANSWER
PLEASE DONT ABUSE THIS NEW NUMBER, LET'S BE CO-OPERATIVE

THANKS

I
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
KingMEXX: pls if I transfer my hard disk frm my pc to anoda pc, wuld I lose my documents. pls reply

not really just make sure you dont format it when you get format message
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
pls techs nd engrs in d house,i mistakenly make a change to my laptop bt i forgot how i did it,nw the computer is in a great mess.all d programs on d system is nt opening anymore.the desktop icon for all d programs has changed to d logo of windows media center.including d windows explorer,windows media player,everytin,whenever i want to open d programs it displayes an error dat d files cannot be opened,i tried changing wot i used to open it but anytym i do so all oda programs icon will change to d icon of wot am using to open it,pls i av tried all my possible best to change bt its nt helping nd i dont want to restore d system because i dont want to lose files nd programs.someone pls bail me out.i am seriously confused
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
adekayo_1234: please i just updated my nortton anti virus but on restart my computer developed a problem. it refuse to start. what should i do

how is it not booting ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
dejisunday pls i am very sorry for not answerin or replyin ur message,i am seeing ur reply just now because of d typ of browser i use,pls accept my apology,u av always been of help to me,d DVD is nw workng well again..some changes i made to d computer caused it nd it has been fixed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
Immanuelar: dejisunday pls i am very sorry for not answerin or replyin ur message,i am seeing ur reply just now because of d typ of browser i use,pls accept my apology,u av always been of help to me,d DVD is nw workng well again..some changes i made to d computer caused it nd it has been fixed.

We are pleased to hear that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 11:40pm On Sep 28, 2012
my problem is nw fix, i end up using another xp disc. nw the laptop is wking perfectly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eyispecial(f): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
Great thread. Pls help me i hav a problem wt my dell pc, it would not play cd and dvd, also it does not see anything thru d usb drive be it flash or card reader. I try going thru my computer but it does not display d icons.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daunashamed(m): 5:48pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hi house,happy weekend...pls my p4 mini-tower pc's 80GB harddisk is making some noise,you know that type of noise you hear when something like a wire is touching a spinning cooling fan,but a milder version,I first suspected one of the cooling fans but when I opened it,it was behold the harddisk,any help pls? It runs on windows xp with 1GB RAM & 3GHz processor..thanks in anticipation of your replies. Its a DELL
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikebrain: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
eyispecial: Great thread. Pls help me i hav a problem wt my dell pc, it would not play cd and dvd, also it does not see anything thru d usb drive be it flash or card reader. I try going thru my computer but it does not display d icons.

I'll suggest you should take it to an engineer. It might be that the usb ports are faulty and needs to be replaced or the wire connecting tthe ports to the motherboard is bad amd for your Dvd Rom, I advise you try it on another system to find out if it'll work on another to determine if its the DVDRom or from the motherboard.
Although you could service the system by using spirit to clean it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by michealade(m): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Pls my system use to do slow motion o,when m playing Game or listinin to musik...i also diskovad dat my N key usuali pres itself nd ma h key is nt working at all!any solution pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:06am On Sep 30, 2012
Plz peeps I have dis blue scrEen dat keeps coming up on my pc (hp mt windows xp pro) keeps saying "dumps physical memory or so" what can I do peeps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by machuks1986(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2012
pls i nid som1 2 help me,my laptop jst can start up anymore.weneva i try 2 boot it,it boots but afta bootn it jst starts makn noise.pls wat shud i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikebrain: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2012
machuks1986: pls i nid som1 2 help me,my laptop jst can start up anymore.weneva i try 2 boot it,it boots but afta bootn it jst starts makn noise.pls wat shud i do?

What kind of noise is it making. Does it sound like something pulled out. If it makes a noise like that then i suggest that you see a computer engineer, it might be the RAM or hardisk that has pulled off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebukah: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
Mikkyphaton: pls my laptop is hp, weneva i try to put it on it comes on but does not show anything on the screen could it be a screen problem or what, although i hv taken it to comp. Village but dey said its the motherboard and it cost 24k. Pls can i get a cheaper price of maybe less than 10k. Thanks
doz d screen darken to shw dat it is on?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebukah: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
machuks1986: pls i nid som1 2 help me,my laptop jst can start up anymore.weneva i try 2 boot it,it boots but afta bootn it jst starts makn noise.pls wat shud i do?
troubleshoot ur HDD n RAM...if still negative den it shud b from both memory slots
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebukah: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
eyispecial: Great thread. Pls help me i hav a problem wt my dell pc, it would not play cd and dvd, also it does not see anything thru d usb drive be it flash or card reader. I try going thru my computer but it does not display d icons.
did u format ur system resently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.