Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,395 members, 7,950,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1330784 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (1232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fadinus(m): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
brightk: u dont need 2 be a guru in dat.. d hdd enclosure costs 1500.

Thanks bro, I should be able to get it at computer village shey?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
fadinus: Hello guys, I want to convert my unused Hdd into an external hard drive, Pls who knows how much Hdd enclosures are sold and how to go about it.
Brightk is correct you don't need special knowledge. However the samsung models cost 1k now in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: That screen has gone nuts bro.
it needs changin?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
@onegig, pls bro, i need to compress video size of above 250mb to less than 30mb or less but will still have same quality, can u pls help about that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fadinus(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: Brightk is correct you don't need special knowledge. However the samsung models cost 1k now in Lagos.

Thanks one gig
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
Donsammi: it needs changin?
Guess so.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2014
dridowu: @onegig, pls bro, i need to compress video size of above 250mb to less than 30mb or less but will still have same quality, can u pls help about that
Hmmm... I doubt that. There's going to be loss of quality.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
does a power jack led shows light when plugged to an adaptor even when it has been disconnected from the mobo?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: Guess so.
ok!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Spencer63(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
Good evening to the engineers in the house and well wishers too...
Have a problems with my PC...
anytime I am using it.. without plugging the charger and when the ba3 gets below 50%.. it just goes off like blank... without shutting down.. and it does the same after switching it on...
please what on earth is wrong
and ways the solution please...
Thanks....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ikbtn: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: 11k for a new one.
thanks I've found one already, need palmrest dat includes touch pad for hp probook 4501s (VQ724EA) coz I have a pro book dat d mouse pad is pad so I need d complete palmrest dat includes d mousepad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kajool: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2014
useful information
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by factorial1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
please, is there any way to deactivate "remember password" on my browser? So, that whenever I open a particular site I will be able to log in with any other account aside mine?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
factorial1: please, is there any way to deactivate "remember password" on my browser? So, that whenever I open a particular site I will be able to log in with any other account aside mine?
Interesting question. I think this needs @Seun's attention. There should be a remember me checkbox when user is logging in (which can be checked by default or not)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Spencer63: Good evening to the engineers in the house and well wishers too...
Have a problems with my PC...
anytime I am using it.. without plugging the charger and when the ba3 gets below 50%.. it just goes off like blank... without shutting down.. and it does the same after switching it on...
please what on earth is wrong
and ways the solution please...
Thanks....
You need to change your battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Spencer63(m): 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
skydancer:
You need to change your battery.
Thanks for the response...
But of course I charged the ba3.. once its full I unplug it... and once its lower than 50% it goes off again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
Spencer63:
Thanks for the response...
But of course I charged the ba3.. once its full I unplug it... and once its lower than 50% it goes off again.
I mean change not charge.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
ikbtn: thanks I've found one already, need palmrest dat includes touch pad for hp probook 4501s (VQ724EA) coz I have a pro book dat d mouse pad is pad so I need d complete palmrest dat includes d mousepad
Let me see what i can come out with.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ikbtn: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
onegig: Let me see what i can come out with.
Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
leunamme93: does a power jack led shows light when plugged to an adaptor even when it has been disconnected from the mobo?
anybody?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
leunamme93: anybody?
Depends on what model you are testing. Some Hps give that white indicator even when disconnected. Best thing you can do is to read the output end of the power jack with a multimeter and see if the same volts display as when you read the output from the adaptor itself.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kashman04(m): 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
hello engineers in the house.i have a problem with my hp 2000 laptop, the system does not show the led indicator when the charger is plugged in and it does not charge the battery. But when i remove the battery and plugin the charger it indicates and subsequently powers on the laptop. I have to use my compac laptop to charge the hp2000 battery. Every other thing is perfect with the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
kashman04: hello engineers in the house.i have a problem with my hp 2000 laptop, the system does not show the led indicator when the charger is plugged in and it does not charge the battery. But when i remove the battery and plugin the charger it indicates and subsequently powers on the laptop. I have to use my compac laptop to charge the hp2000 battery. Every other thing is perfect with the laptop.
can you try using the other battery and see if it works on it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kashman04(m): 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
onegig: can you try using the other battery and see if it works on it?
The battery is fine.worked on the other system.even a new battery i bought for my compac that refused to work on the compac even worked on it flawlessly. I'v tried bios update and uninstalled the battery acpi driver.it worked for sometimes after the acpi thing but went back to statusquo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
kashman04:
The battery is fine.worked on the other system.even a new battery i bought for my compac that refused to work on the compac even worked on it flawlessly. I'v tried bios update and uninstalled the battery acpi driver.it worked for sometimes after the acpi thing but went back to statusquo.
Ever reformatted your system? Or maybe you check the battery connector on the motherboard. Rust might be setting in. If you are sure all connecting pins are clean and free. Download the latest bios Update of your system. In the process try reinstalling the operating system. I hope this works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
onegig: Depends on what model you are testing. Some Hps give that white indicator even when disconnected. Best thing you can do is to read the output end of the power jack with a multimeter and see if the same volts display as when you read the output from the adaptor itself.
Thanks..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leyeg: 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
Good day,Please..I bought a disc that contains software and applications,please,how can I install the software on a HP laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wilson61(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Plannin on getin a pc dx weekend,btw 3mb L2 Cache nd 6mb l2 cache,is d difference in function large..nd is it worth adding 3k to get d 6mb l2 cache,tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davidam(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
My laptop boots but after inputing my pword instead of showing the desktop page, it just goes blank with only the arrow being visible and also being able to move the arrow. Please what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Please where can I find the current thread for computers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Galads(m): 2:13am On Jul 11, 2014
Thank God I finally find somewr to ask for help here on nairaland. My toshiba dyna note just started developing mental problems. Firstly, I bought a new battery and the system was working fine until one morning, I left it to charge and thurder I guess affected it. It ons and off on its own. And sometimes it will work well. Some days, it will just be restarting withing 2secs interval. Today I on it, it refuse to on and after 2mins, it on itself. Pls what could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2014
Galads: Thank God I finally find somewr to ask for help here on nairaland. My toshiba dyna note just started developing mental problems. Firstly, I bought a new battery and the system was working fine until one morning, I left it to charge and thurder I guess affected it. It ons and off on its own. And sometimes it will work well. Some days, it will just be restarting withing 2secs interval. Today I on it, it refuse to on and after 2mins, it on itself. Pls what could be the problem?

Have you tried turning it on without the battery ?

Have they opened the laptop before, i.e. dc jack repair ?

Please check no damages to the usb ports.

Any error message on automatic restart
on your next reply, please state the laptop
model number. for example mine is toshiba P300-20H
Windows 7 and Linux Dual boot. what is your's

Have you changed your laptop with the nepa low current
or the generator recently ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (1232) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.