Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,061 members, 7,890,485 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:50 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1302066 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (1227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidimarc(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pls who can help me with a solid state disk(SSD) my hp compaq 2510p. I need it urgently biko
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
deji2009:

what is the make and model of the laptop

for example toshiba p300-20h windows vista

get a[b] usb mouse[/b] and get back to us and then we
would check some few things e.g. device manager

mouse synaptic settings. is the touchpad enabled

has it ever work before ? is it not moving at all.
have you done anything else to solve the problem
so we are not repeating the same thing again.

could be you are using a netbook

thanks...the make is BRIAN, model E4129. Windows 7 professional.
The mouse has always worked for over a year now, the tin jst stopped suddenly ni o.

I havent tried any measure at solving the ish since i aint a computer techie.

I also tot of trying out a usb mouse... I will do that anyway. But aside an external mouse, i need my laptop back to life without a 'life support'.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
deji2009:

what type of video is it ? you can right click on properties and tell
us the extension o fthe video. i.e. .mp4 or avi. let us know.
vlc should have play that or try windows media classic, have a go at it.

did you select video ? on the
recuva menu there are pictures, document, videos , others , make sure yo select
videos. also can i ask is the video from a usb stick or on the laptop you are using.

when recovery files try to transfer to another device , i.e. usb stick dont transfer back to the device that was it
was deleted from

Mp4.

I selected videos.

Its from a USB stick to another USB stick.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2014
all4naija: R-Studio is the best I have seen in years. SOURCE

LogoDWhiz:
Mp4.
I selected videos.
Its from a USB stick to another USB stick.

Please refer to all4naija suggestion

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:54am On Jul 22, 2014
Akell:

thanks...the make is BRIAN, model E4129. Windows 7 professional.
The mouse has always worked for over a year now, the tin jst stopped suddenly ni o.

I havent tried any measure at solving the ish since i aint a computer techie.

I also tot of trying out a usb mouse... I will do that anyway. But aside an external mouse, i need my laptop back to life without a 'life support'.

Unfortunately I was unable to find BRIANl E4129. Every laptop has a
dedicate help and support website I often refer to before giving diagnostics.
For example a mechanical not checking a car oil type and assume any motor
works for any car. This applies to a laptop, if the support is not available on
the website for us to check FAQ's is like we are going round in circle.

let me ask you

does the laptop get to bios by pressing f2, f1 or del key

if it does, press f10 to exit setup and how many beeps are they

is the beeps continuous. can you see any errors ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Freeopod(m): 6:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Please who can help fix hp 620 broken screen in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2014
chidimarc: Pls who can help me with a solid state disk(SSD) my hp compaq 2510p. I need it urgently biko
Kobian Computers Ltd
No.4 Olorunnibe Street,
Wemabod Estate, Ikeja, Lagos,
Nigeria.
Tel : + (234) 7084527242
. Call before going or you might take it to redengton at Afrik building, Isolo. There's an Hp centre there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidimarc(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2014
onegig: Kobian Computers Ltd
No.4 Olorunnibe Street,
Wemabod Estate, Ikeja, Lagos,
Nigeria.
Tel : + (234) 7084527242
. Call before going or you might take it to redengton at Afrik building, Isolo. There's an Hp centre there.
thanks bud, will call them and have it delivered. I don't stay in lag
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Eberex(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2014
Why does my system keeps hanging while i'm browsing the net? Always telling me ''not responding'' for a long while before connecting back to normal. Is it from the server or the system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slam15(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2014
Good morning. Plz can anyone help me out on how to boot from cd/dvd drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slam15(m): 10:49am On Jul 23, 2014
I'm trying to run repair from a windows cd because my admin account is not opening.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by switchie(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2014
deji2009:

pls click start, computer or my computer, check there is dvd rom or
cd dvd on the list if it isn't you may need to check device manager and
also regfix to get to work. please get back to us first
dvd rom is on the list there but the problem is it does not read disc i insert,thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2014
switchie:
dvd rom is on the list there but the problem is it does not read disc i insert,thank you.

what type of cd are u inserting? Audio or movie and how was the cd dvd copied ?

to test d laptop get a bootable windows cd to test d drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chibenze(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2014
i have been using my desktop computer to browser, but this period is is slow and also hanging, pls is thier any solution to this? Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Slam15: Good morning. Plz can anyone help me out on how to boot from cd/dvd drive?

have you attempt to boot and what happened? Insert the cd and restart a message should come up. If not go to Google and type booting from cd. If the disk not booting. Type change bios to boot from cd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
leunamme93: well done house. Pls where can i get thermal paste tuniq tx4 to be presise in lagos and how much?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LeJeun3: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2014

Gud morning all. I hv a Sony VAIO laptop which rain beat. I need help finding another scrap laptop that I can buy as my motherboard is fried.

Any info is needed.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
LeJeun3:

Gud morning all. I hv a Sony VAIO laptop which rain beat. I need help finding another scrap laptop that I can buy as my motherboard is fried.

Any info is needed.

go to ikeja
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dharmmieojo(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Good day friends uhm I av a technical problem I brought upon maself tho! Got a new pc probook 4430s core i5 yes I 5 cuz of dis high core processor I didn't bother bout d dedicated memory now after acquiring d system I notic it had jus 64mb for dedicated memory 4gb ram tho...dis is my question how can I upgrade to mayb 512mb max cuz I need d system for gaming sha read online bout using bios 2 change it buh its like hp bios wudnt alow jus wana knw if any engineer have any helpful idea for me tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chikason68(m): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
i ve a hp win8 laptop, discovered recently dat my mouse hangs except wen i hold da control key. plz help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dharmmieojo: Good day friends uhm I av a technical problem I brought upon maself tho! Got a new pc probook 4430s core i5 yes I 5 cuz of dis high core processor I didn't bother bout d dedicated memory now after acquiring d system I notic it had jus 64mb for dedicated memory 4gb ram tho...dis is my question how can I upgrade to mayb 512mb max cuz I need d system for gaming sha read online bout using bios 2 change it buh its like hp bios wudnt alow jus wana knw if any engineer have any helpful idea for me tnks

lol..... my core2duo is 4gb ram.. ve got nvdia chip of 256mb and can go as high as 2gb .... urs is bin locked on the bios and one funny tin abt laptops is dat there is no room for bios editing...except u are willin 2 mod your bios... grin grin tongue tongue.... you should have checked the documentation and reviews online about the pc be4 buying..

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LeJeun3: 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
purplekayc: go to ikeja

Thanks Man. Do you have someone reliable from whom I could get the motherboard, I can fix it myself sha.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
brightk:

lol..... my core2duo is 4gb ram.. ve got nvdia chip of 256mb and can go as high as 2gb .... urs is bin locked on the bios and one funny tin abt laptops is dat there is no room for bios editing...except u are willin 2 mod your bios... grin grin tongue tongue.... you should have checked the documentation and reviews online about the pc be4 buying..

Wher do u based?What type of ram is it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
LeJeun3:

Thanks Man. Do you have someone reliable from whom I could get the motherboard, I can fix it myself sha.

I bought my desktop pc from gafunk computers and its very good am sure they sell motherboards too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
seunny4lif: Wher do u based?What type of ram is it?
grin dat was how my board was designed.. am on d muv 2 upgrade 2 8gb and see how it goes.........am based in warri....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
brightk: grin dat was how my board was designed.. am on d muv 2 upgrade 2 8gb and see how it goes.........am based in warri....
Lol,i wanted 2 quote dat guy ni joor...He should remove the ram and get a 2gb and i guest is system is desktop computer nt laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dharmmieojo(m): 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
brightk:

#smiles asin me gan I knw I fuckd up not reading up online anywasy sha did is done buh dnt like nivdia cuz of d overheatn shii anyways u takd bout 'mod' ur bois what's dat? Any adverse effect? If I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 11:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dharmmieojo:

#smiles asin me gan I knw I fuckd up not reading up online anywasy sha did is done buh dnt like nivdia cuz of d overheatn shii anyways u takd bout 'mod' ur bois what's dat? Any adverse effect? If I do
u can google d meanin...am sure its against d rules of dis forum 2 discuss such issue......not witstanding.. every chip will always hit up as long as u subject it 2 Stressful jobs like dat of gaming....... the truth is dat laptops dont dissipate heat very well.. de cant really manage heat... unlike desktop..weda AMD or NVIDIA chip.. they will still heat up..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
brightk: u can google d meanin...am sure its against d rules of dis forum 2 discuss such issue......not witstanding.. every chip will always hit up as long as u subject it 2 Stressful jobs like dat of gaming....... the truth is dat laptops dont dissipate heat very well.. de cant really manage heat... unlike desktop..weda AMD or NVIDIA chip.. they will still heat up..
Modifying bios is not against forum rules. I would like to learn. Just go on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lamdec(f): 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
I would like to sell my laptops (2 fairly used),they are not really in great shape,so I don't know if there's anyone who repairs laptops who would love to buy them.
They are HP laptops, one has screen and charger issues while the other has Battery and Charger issues.
I stay on Lagos island, so I would prefer if the person stays around VI - Ajah axis.
Pls send me a mail holluyemikar@yahoo.com ,if your are intrested or if you can refer me to someone who is. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2014
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (1227) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.