Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,551 members, 7,975,166 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:22 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1341735 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lynxnoon(m): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
denzel2009:

Disable Avast and scan with

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
thanks will try it now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2010
@uni-kazzy
right-click mycomputer -> select properties -> click on the advanced tab ->
in the performance box select settings and -> click on the advanced tab ->
in the virtual memory box click on change -> increase the maximum size (e.g if the maximum size is 1000, you could increase it to 2000) and click on set then click on ok; that should incease the size of your page file
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2010
blackweaver:

@uni-kazzy
right-click mycomputer -> select properties -> click on the advanced tab ->
in the performance box select settings and -> click on the advanced tab ->
in the virtual memory box click on change -> increase the maximum size (e.g if the maximum size is 1000, you could increase it to 2000) and click on set then click on ok; that should incease the size of your page file

Yeap.

Could you please let us know
how you got on as this help
other users and re-enforces
what i and others have learnt
in becoming a better Tec

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2010
ibrak90:

Hello Skydancer,

I am having little problem here with my laptop (Compaq Presairo C700).

1. My PC is seriously affected with Virus and am thinking of Formating
  Q. Where can i get original Window Vista to install ,  Ikeja or where ?

2. Some of the keypad of the same PC is not working properly
    Can i fix it of will need to change completely ?

Please advice on what to and where to do all this ,

Thanks for your assistance .

Ibrak

Email : ibrak.eagle@gmail.com
Phone : 08055988008

Dear ibrak90,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.
Here's your diagnostics. Compaq/HP came with built-in recovery partition,
which can be access by repeatedly pressing F11 on start up. you"ll then see
windows is loading files and follow on screen instructions

how you got on as this help other users and re-enforces
what i and others have learnt in
becoming a better Tec

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:04am On Apr 04, 2010

lynxnoon (m)

Re: Post Your Computer Troubles Here.
« #1305 on: April 02, 2010, 09:37 AM »
guys i have a problem with my security center. . . . it seems to be disabled and when i check Microsoft Service Center i can find it dere even Windows defender\
Pls what can i do cos i hv scanned with avast antivirus wich caught some files but am still hving the same issue
Thanks for your response

Dear lynxnoon,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. next time please specify if Vista or XP.
I take it is Windows Vista due to the security appearance you posted earlier on. click start > Run > services.msc
and press enter and look for  windows defender. make sure start up type is automatic and started not stop. you
can also use this opportunity to start other programmes.

becoming a better Tec

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by unikazzy(m): 10:04am On Apr 04, 2010
@blackweaver, is still given me d same story. i even increase it above 2000 still nothing change. other game work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2010
uni-kazzy:

@blackweaver, is still given me d same story. i even increase it above 2000 still nothing change. other game work

RE: Paging Size,

A paging file is a memory dedicated as if it were RAM e.g. small portion of your hard drive

First and foremost we need to determine what is known as[b] RAM size[/b] Memory.
Here's microsoft fix for the problem. similar to what blackweaver posted earlier on.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417

becoming a better Tec

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:29am On Apr 04, 2010
adino:

My desktop just kept giving me probs throughout last night with messages below-

The instruction at "0x7c34fa10" referenced memory at "0x7c8095d". The memory could not be "read".
Click on okay to terminate the program
Click onCANCEL to debug

When I click on ok nothing happens. But if I click on cancel the system will restart and get to windows but no files will open.
now if I debug the following will show

The Application failed to initialise properly (0c0000076) click on okay to terminate the application

Please people in the house I need serious help as at now, my cd drive is not recognised again and i cannot format the system, The system do not even recognise program again and it keeps restarting over again.

Hello adino,

The term[b] application failed to initialise properly [/b] means one or more of your application is malfunctioning
and may need reinstalling. what programmes do you recently installed ?  Ok, Here's your diagnostics.

click start > run  and type in eventvwr and look through the date to find an application causing it. if doubts
use google to investigate. meanwhile start, run, appwiz.cpl, see if you can post the screen shot
using prtsc on your keyboard. if you prefer we can use system restore to take back the computer to how it was
click start, run, rstrui press enter and select a date > follow on screen instruction.

becoming a better Tec

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:42am On Apr 04, 2010
lasunray:

guys i'd realy aprc8 it if sb cn cme up wit a helpin hnd abt request.d prob doesnt mke me wna use d syst, when i googled it i sw sm1 mke d same cmplain bt no response.pls guys help, wt anoys me is d ping sound it makes @start up, then d way d space bar cnstntly presses.bt if i press it,it doesnt respond, is it a VIRUS?does d hard disk need formatin?
ITS A LAPTOP DELL c840 LATITUDE.Ram 512, 30GB

Dear lasunray,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. what do you mean by ping sound ? meanwhile
turn off your laptop please back on again. repeatedly keep pressing f2 or delete until you see Bios setup utility.
check the Bios Version as dell has released bios update on all their machine and yours may need one.

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P4_C840&os=WW1&osl=en&servicetag=&catid=-1&impid=-1&deviceid=1039&libid=8&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&releaseid=R53550&formatcnt=1&vercnt=1

becoming a better Tec

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2010
FL Gators:

HP laptops nowadays are cheap.
Dont worry abt the price. . . . I want your opinion on the techs smiley

99.9% right
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enzo01(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2010
hi skydancer i use acer extensa 4420. ram 160gig prosesor spid 2 gigahtz. my wireless lan driver is not wrkin so i instald an atheros wlan driver n is nt wrkin. pls teach me hw 2 instal dis driver. tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2010
enzo01:

hi skydancer i use acer extensa 4420. ram 160gig prosesor spid 2 gigahtz. my wireless lan driver is not wrkin so i instald an atheros wlan driver n is nt wrkin. pls teach me hw 2 instal dis driver. tanx.

Dear enzo01,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. Here at Nairaland
we work as a collective team and answer all questions regardless of whom is for.

I take is windows XP. A good technician will often ask some questions to narrow the cause.

How do you mean is not working ? e.g. not detecting any wireless networks, cannot display
thewep page, connection unsuccessful. we need to know what happen.

Meanwhile you can vist http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=17&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1g.c2att92=122&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2980211862

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Babneh: 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2010
Is it not possible for me to use yahoo messenger on zain modem? I have procurement of the modem not being able to use yahoo messenger. What can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enzo01(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2010
yea! it's not diktektin any wireless ntwrk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darude(m): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2010
please can you send me vga driver for windows 7 (hp pavillion tx 1000) or send me a link that i can download it from
thanks bro!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2010
@darude have you tried the vista driver?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darude(m): 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2010
i have the driver for vista but not supported for widows 7
i tried downloading from torrent but theyre asking for money
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maingain(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2010
Still waiting for help. I am having problem connecting my Hp Pavilion dv9000 laptop to my Samsung LCD Le. The picture was perfect on TV but no sound came out. I`v tried many ways but no success. For instance i have done the following:- Control Panel>>hardware and Sound>>Sound>>I right click to disable the speakers and make the SPDIF interface (symbol) as default. I restarted the system for the changes to take effect but still no sound from TV.I`v visit many sites for this problem but still can`t solve it. I noticed that some have three Symbols at Sound on control panel but my has only two which are SPEAKERS and SPDIF Interface but no HDMI symbol that shows in some other instructions that i have seen in other site. I have tried the above ways with my other LG 4900LCD and it works fine with sound and Picture.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
@darude, check my last postt, i put a link there; if that doesn't work then try this one: forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24497-v18610-windows-7vista-32bit-nvidia/ this is assuming that you are using 32-bit hardware like i said in the previous post that was blocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:28am On Apr 06, 2010
Babneh:

Is it not possible for me to use yahoo messenger on zain modem? I have procurement of the modem not being able to use yahoo messenger. What can i do?

Dear Babneh,

How do you mean , Is this XP or Vista ?

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:55am On Apr 06, 2010
enzo01:

yea! it's not diktektin any wireless ntwrk.

Dear enzo01,

The Extensa has 2 switches in the front to turn bluetooth and WiFi on and off.

Press down the windows logo + R on your keyboard to bring up Run command and
type in devmgmt.msc then press enter. look for network adaptor, do you have any

yellow signs on network controller if yes connect your ethernet cable to gain access to
internet then right click all of the yellow signs and update driver software automatically.

If no joy then check acer help and support section to make you have installed

the correct wireless drivers.  http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=17&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1g.c2att92=122&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2980211862

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:04am On Apr 06, 2010
darude:

i have the driver for vista but not supported for widows 7
i tried downloading from torrent but theyre asking for money
thanks

Dear darude,

Blackweaver is 100% right. you can also try http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

alternatively you can use http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1B544E90-7659-4BD9-9E51-2497C146AF15&displaylang=en

to find out if your hardware is ready for windows 7

All the best.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:32am On Apr 06, 2010
maingain:

Still waiting for help. I am having problem connecting my Hp Pavilion dv9000 laptop to my Samsung LCD Le. The picture was perfect on TV but no sound came out. I`v tried many ways but no success. For instance i have done the following:- Control Panel>>hardware and Sound>>Sound>>I right click to disable the speakers and make the SPDIF interface (symbol) as default. I restarted the system for the changes to take effect but still no sound from TV.I`v visit many sites for this problem but still can`t solve it. I noticed that some have three Symbols at Sound on control panel but my has only two which are SPEAKERS and SPDIF Interface but no HDMI symbol that shows in some other instructions that i have seen in other site. I have tried the above ways with my other LG 4900LCD and it works fine with sound and Picture.

Dear maingain.

Is this XP or Vista ? samsung model number ? when you tried with LG where does the sound came from ?
e.g. from the tv itself or from the laptop ? Here's your diagnostics, connect the laptop to LG then connect

headphone to the laptop > see if you get any sound. you can't get sound from your laptop to the tv that's
impossible. I take is this is HDMI, DVI or VGA connection. try VGA and see if you"ll get a sound.

Look under your laptop and see if yours is dv9000ea or cto. http://search.hp.com/gwukeng/query.html?lang=en&qp=segment:any&hps=&hpn=Support+%26+Drivers&la=en&cc=uk&charset=utf-8&qt=dv9000

select yours from the list > support and troubleshooting > solve a problem >Display / Video / Graphics
> Resolving HDMI Display and Sound Issues and read what it says.

becoming a better Tec

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maingain(m): 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
[Is this XP or Vista ? samsung model number ? when you tried with LG where does the sound came from ?
e.g. from the tv itself or from the laptop ? Here's your diagnostics, connect the laptop to LG then connect

headphone to the laptop > see if you get any sound. you can't get sound from your laptop to the tv that's
impossible. I take is this is HDMI, DVI or VGA connection. try VGA and see if you"ll get a sound.

quote][quote][/quote]
Thank you for your time to respond to my request. 1st my Op system is Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Operating system. With Nvidia GO 7600 graphics, also with HDMI port(17inch). My Samsung is Model LE37B530P7W. When i tried with LG, the sound came from TV not on laptop but In am not too sure which one I enable as default out of the two options. I am not around now but will try it again on LG as soon as I get back. But the question remains that "How can i make HDMI symbol show from my sound panel as other like Speakers and SPIDF"
I will get back to you as soon as I get back home tomorrow or next. Thanks a lot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maingain(m): 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hello Mr.Deji, I connected my Hp Laptop (Pavilion DV9260US) to LCD (LG 42 model LH4900) through HDMI cable by enabling SPDIF as Default, both the pictures and sound from the TV were fantastic.Though i did not try the head phone on the laptop but there was no sound coming out from laptop only from the TV.
I have tried the HP link you recommend to me> I update both conexant audio graphic and nividia but has no effect when i tried it with my LCD Samsung. I guess if I could get the HDMI option from the sound panel may be the problem can be solved with Samsung TV. But the question remains, HOW?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opes: 2:50am On Apr 08, 2010
my laptop always shutting down itself, anything to be corrected?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 3:11am On Apr 08, 2010
opes:

my laptop always shutting down itself, anything to be corrected?
why dont you jump up and down 3 times, spin around, that ought to fix things.

sorry if i seem rude, but it's pretty unreasonable for you to come here and expect to get help without giving us information to work with.

what are your computer specs? HDD, RAM, Processor, OS etc

what where you doing when the problem occurred, are there any error messages that sorta thing.

there are tons of ppl that'd be willing to help you but you need to give us info to work with man. . .safe!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opes: 6:28am On Apr 08, 2010
@netotse,thanks for responding.i always experience the problem (automatically shutting down itself) after being ON for at least a period of 2hrs, the laptop is Acer,intel core 2 duo processor T7300 (2.0ghZ, 800MHz FSB,4MB L2 cache).the Hard disc drive is 160GB and it has 1GB DDR2.it uses window vista.after the shutting down,i always ON it back and the screen appear''COLOURED'' for like 15 seconds, later black before ''START NORMALLY''.after clicking that,it will start working but later it will shut down,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Unkuable(m): 7:50am On Apr 08, 2010
Pls guys my hp 6110 laptop fell down and it screen got damaged can you guys fix it for me with 5k.Pls am beggin for this favor. emmadubem@live.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (1234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Solidarity9490(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.