Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:00 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1306780 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (1228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 16, 2015
all4naija:

That(fn + f4) is what Samsung recommended. You can try Windows Key + P .

Report back here for more information if that didn't work for you.
It didn't work. I have a feeling that it might be because it's password protected. is there any way around it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
*sad face*

I noticed since yesterday that my laptop won't boot.
It gives me the black screen.
I turn it on and all the lights are showing, but it just won't power up on the screen.

I tried removing the battery and holding down the power button for about one minute, before replacing and plugging to a power pack, but no show.

Still same status quo.
Please help.
What do I do now?

I don't mind taking it for repairs.
I just need to be sure he or she is trustworthy.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megawax8: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
*sad face*

I turn it on and all the lights are showing, but it just won't power up on the screen.

I tried removing the battery and holding down the power button for about one minute, before replacing and plugging to a power pack, but no show.

Still same status quo.
Please help.
What do I do now?

does it make any sound like usually during normal start-up and do you hear any now?

It displays nothing asides a total black screen?

Sounds like a screen problem but screens hardly black out unless the story is incomplete.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
megawax8:

does it make any sound like usually during normal start-up and do you hear any now?

It displays nothing asides a total black screen?

Sounds like a screen problem but screens hardly black out unless the story is incomplete.

Yes, when I placed it on my laps, I could feel that fan vibrating, plus, it was blowing out the usual hot air.

If I press Enter, Num lock will light up, and the screen will change face to light black ( if there's a word like that).

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, FP audience might change my story.
Please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megawax8: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes, when I placed it on my laps, I could feel that fan vibrating, plus, it was blowing out the usual hot air.

If I press Enter, Num lock will light up, and the screen will change face to light black ( if there's a word like that).

FP audience might change my story.
Please.

i think you should take it to a good repair shop to be checked out.....*you're in lag, perhaps a good computer village recommendation could come from this thread*

i know a guy, but all he has done for me thus far is change my laptop screen constantly as i'm always breaking it..lol.....changed my harddisk once too though...

He's not like a professional but sells laptop(bought mine and a host of others from him).....perhaps if you can't find a better suggestion on here, could direct you to him and if its above him, he could get an experienced person to check it out

could be screen, bios, motherboard, a lil software prob, a prob with your boot file, amongst others so someone has to see it to know whatsup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
megawax8:

i think you should take it to a good repair shop to be checked out.....*you're in lag, perhaps a good computer village recommendation could come from this thread*

i know a guy, but all he has done for me thus far is change my laptop screen constantly as i'm always breaking it..lol.....changed my harddisk once too though...

He's not like a professional but sells laptop(bought mine and a host of others from him).....perhaps if you can't find a better suggestion on here, could direct you to him and if its above him, he could get an experienced person to check it out

could be screen, bios, motherboard, a lil software prob, a prob with your boot file, amongst others so someone has to see it to know whatsup

Okay
I'm counting on that.

Thank yousmiley

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
all4naija:

You are welcome,bro. Yes, I do. It is advisable to make an external recovery disk than making a recovery partition from you HDD. It is very easy in Windows 10.

1) Press Windows Key + R to open 'Run' dialog.

2) Type or copy and paste cmd into 'Run' and click on 'Ok' to open command prompt

3) Type or copy and paste RecoveryDrive into command prompt and hit Enter key to continue.

4) Insert your formatted USB or new empty DVD disc into the appropriate drive. I would suggest you make use of USB for this.

5) Make sure to select the little box 'Back up system to recovery drive' and click on 'Next' to continue. Wait for your system to execute some process.

6) Select the 'available drive' for the USB or DVD disc you inserted and click on 'Next' to continue.

7) Now click on 'Create' button to start making your recovery USB or DVD disc.
Sorry for the late reply.

I knew of this method but it involved formatting my ext. hdd which was not an option.

But i already found another method using AOMEI One Key Recovery. I made a recovery partition on my PC hdd and ext. hdd(just to be safe).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, FP audience might change my story.
Please.
Since the num lock is showing, your system may be booting, just that it is not displaying. If you have a spare monitor, connect the laptop vga to external monitor and see if it will display. Then come back to report what you observe for next step

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kaboninc(m): 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
*sad face*

Still same status quo.
Please help.
What do I do now?

It could be 3 problems:

BAD/FAILED RAM

BAD SCREEN

For RAM, does it make a sound when you power on? You can try to change it with a working memory module.

For the screen, there's a VGA port on the side of the laptop. Take connect a video cable from the monitor to the laptop and see if it shows on the monitor. If it does, then the screen is bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
chuksmad:

Since the num lock is showing, your system may be booting, just that it is not displaying. If you have a spare monitor, connect the laptop vga to external monitor and see if it will display. Then come back to report what you observe for next step

kaboninc:

It could be 3 problems:
BAD/FAILED RAM
BAD SCREEN
For RAM, does it make a sound when you power on? You can try to change it with a working memory module.
For the screen, there's a VGA port on the side of the laptop. Take connect a video cable from the monitor to the laptop and see if it shows on the monitor. If it does, then the screen is bad.

I'm home now.
I don't have access to one.
I will take it to work tomorrow so I can use the VGA cord.
Thank you.

Ehen, Shebi the VGA cord is that thing that has many teeth and is blue in colour?

@Kaboninc, where you said Video cable, you meant VGA abi?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AbuMikey(m): 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
bugzygee:
peazip
HyDef:

Try 7Zip. Has a great compression rate.

Still not what I want.

The Problem is this, I have lots of Educational Videos, Documentaries and Tutorials as regard My field of study and some of My favorite movies I DON'T want to delete off My PC, they total about 70GB of files.
So, I need a software that can help Me compress and archive them to about 2-15GB lipsrsealed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kaboninc(m): 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

I'm home now.
Thank you.

Ehen, Shebi the VGA cord is that thing that has many teeth and is blue in colour?

Yep. VGA/Video cable

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by francizy(m): 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

I'm home now.
Thank you.

Ehen, Shebi the VGA cord is that thing that has [b#]many teeth[b] and is blue in colour?

@bolded... Na vampire ni? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
cheesy
francizy:

@bolded... Na vampire ni? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
Fellas, pls My version of IDM requires a serial number. Does anyone knows how to go about this? maybe a cracked version, i dont mind
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bufness(m): 7:25am On Nov 17, 2015
please i will so nuch appereciate if any1 can help me on how to fix this issue

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kaboninc(m): 8:21am On Nov 17, 2015
francizy:

Hahaha....

Maybe!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 9:09am On Nov 17, 2015

Good Morning Kaboninc Chuksmad Megawax8 LogoDwhiz

This is the update...

I used the VGA cord on one of our old monitors and it was showing.
Also, the CD ROM light came on when I put on the system too.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

This is the update...

Good news a bit ]

Seems my earlier prognosis about the problem was right.

Manage the system for now.

When free, visit a Laptop and fix the system.

The problem could be that the IC supplying light to the screen is bad or the cord is bad. Or the screen itself is gone.

Take care
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kaboninc(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

This is the update...

The screen is bad.

It can't be really fixed.

Best bet is to change it!

Goodu Morning! smiley smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
kaboninc:

The screen is bad.

It can't be really fixed.

Best bet is to change it!

Goodu Morning! smiley smiley

Yes, I know....
But how much will it cost me and who can I give it to?

LogoDWhiz:

Good news a bit ]
Seems my earlier prognosis about the problem was right.
Manage the system for now.
When free, visit a Laptop and fix the system.
The problem could be that the IC supplying light to the screen is bad or the cord is bad. Or the screen itself is gone.
Take care

Thank you.
The ish now is where to find a good repairer that won't dagbo me embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kaboninc(m): 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes, I know....
But how much will it cost me and who can I give it to?

Thank you.
The ish now is where to find a good repairer that won't dagbo me embarassed

Do not repair. These are electronics and even the vendors will advice you to get a new one.

There are different types and its not more than 10k. That's my estimate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
kaboninc:

Do not repair. These are electronics and even the vendors will advice you to get a new one.

There are different types and its not more than 10k. That's my estimate.

Okay, No wahala.
Tenks a lot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrLj(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
please help..................my hp dv6000 is not charging,
the light next to the dc input socket go's ON whenever i plugge in the charger but the bettry is not charging.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megawax8: 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Good Morning Kab.oninc Chu.ksmad Megaw.ax8 L.ogoDwhiz

This is the update...

Miz,

have been a lil busy today. As i suspected, it was the screen.....you'd just have to try and get it changed....the person doing it would/should also check if its a flex issue cos it could be too.

Kpele e hear??

Trust you've been good?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
megawax8:

Miz,

have been a lil busy today. As i suspected, it was the screen.....you'd just have to try and get it changed....the person doing it would/should also check if its a flex issue cos it could be too.

Kpele e hear??

Trust you've been good?

smiley smiley smiley
Thank you.
I'll go on Saturday.

Chai
Additional Expenses.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by annas70(m): 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
annas70:
hello peeps,my HP pavilion 2000 earpiece port stopped working recently, what could be the solution I have tryed several earpiece it won't pick rather it will continue playing through the speaker .pls help and pls I need link to video controller drives for hpdv2000 windows 8 nvidia graphics

pls someone should answer me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frisby: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2015
megawax8:

Hi,
Could you please give me his number?
I have a couple of things he may be able to help me with.
It's hard to find reliable technicians in that market
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2015
bufness:
please i will so nuch appereciate if any1 can help me on how to fix this issue
possible cause:
-Corrupt Windows registry keys associated with btvstack.exe / Bluetooth Software.
-Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the btvstack.exe file or related Bluetooth Software program files.
-Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted btvstack.exe-related files.
-Another program is in conflict with Bluetooth Software and its shared referenced files.
-Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Bluetooth Software software.
solution:
re-install the bluetooth software
-scan ur system for virus
alert:
watch out for sites that would recommended to fix the error by downloading or scanning your system with their special software....it mostly adds to ur problem or might even be the genesis of the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 11:33am On Nov 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

smiley smiley smiley
Thank you.
I'll go on Saturday.

Chai
Additional Expenses.
As i suspected, the fault is display. Before you change the screen as others advice, confirm that the vga driver is configured well. High VGA resolution can cause blank screen. Confirm that first before changing the screen. Let me know the development
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizMyColi(f): 11:36am On Nov 18, 2015
chuksmad:

As i suspected, the fault is display. Before you change the screen as others advice, confirm that the vga driver is configured well. High VGA resolution can cause blank screen. Confirm that first before changing the screen. Let me know the development

Okay, thank you.
I will.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
AbuMikey:

Still not what I want.

The Problem is this, I have lots of Educational Videos, Documentaries and Tutorials as regard My field of study and some of My favorite movies I DON'T want to delete off My PC, they total about 70GB of files.
So, I need a software that can help Me compress and archive them to about 2-15GB lipsrsealed

If you compress to that small a size, you will definitely have to do with losing quality from the videos. Not all file types will allow you compress them within the same quality.

Just get an External Hardrive to store these things, They are not meant to be on your PC, they'll end up slowing it down.

500GB HD cost between 10-15K

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (1228) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.