Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,900 members, 7,922,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:47 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (280178 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2010
ulale:

i want to apply for uk visa i have the following documents, what can you advice me on possibilities on getting my visa:
i have my personal bank statement with a balance of $3000
i have my hotel booking comfirmation
i have my letter from my university,

i am going to visit uk for the period of ten days

Are you a student or a lecturer?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ulale: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
i am nigerian student in malaysia,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2010
ulale:

i am student

Ok,i think ur chances of getting a visa will be very slim. Convincing the BHC that u will return to Nigeria will be hard as a student. If schools in Nigeria are on strike or planning to go on strike then it will make ur case even harder.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ulale: 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2010
well, am nt studying in nigeria, am studying in malaysia, and i will also apply my visa here in malaysia and i have my letter from the school stating my holiday period
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2010
ulale:

well, am nt studying in nigeria, am studying in malaysia, and i will also apply my visa here in malaysia and i have my letter from the school stating my holiday period

Ok, i thought u were applying from Nigeria. The documents u listed there are ok, its 50/50 chance, there is no guarantee.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by princeaded(m): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2010
IF YOU NEED SCHENGEN VISA THAT ENABLE YOU TO TRAVELL TO 26 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE,DUBAI VISA,SOUTH-AFRICA VISA.CALL ME ON

07033307912.prince_adedeji@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2010
princeaded:

IF YOU NEED SCHENGEN VISA THAT ENABLE YOU TO TRAVELL TO 26 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE,DUBAI VISA,SOUTH-AFRICA VISA.CALL ME ON

07033307912.prince_adedeji@yahoo.com

Which embassy do you work for?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dancewith: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
Demokrazy:

Hi guys,

Apologies in advance for a rather LOOONG first post

After reading  a few posts on here,I believe you might be able to offer insight into my current situation (apologies if answers have been provided to this question, I'm just too lazy to go through all of 105 pages)***Just to give a quick background to the situation.
I joined my mother in the UK 11 yrs ago and we both hold settlement visas
I have a younger sister (23yrs old) but my mother was unable to bring her over here when my application was processed as mum is a single parent and couldn't afford to bring both of us at the same time.

In 2006 (I was still a student and was not financially stable) my mother applied for settlement visa for my sister, however this was declined  on the basis that they did not believe my mother would be able to financially take care of both of us on her low-income, and also on the basis that they believed that since my nan resides in Nigeria and my sister lives with her hence she has someone to stay with, We did not appeal this as mum was unable to keep paying the solicitor to go through appeal.

Fast forward to 2010, I already finished Uni 2yrs ago and now working full time, we decided to apply for a visiting Visa ,we decided on visiting rather than Settlement Visa again as the process is faster and my sis is also no longer interested in settling in UK as she now has a 2yrs old son and doesn't want to separate her son from his father for a long stretch of time.

My sister is currently a trainee hairdresser, hoping to learn this vocation so she can run her own Beauty Salon, she pays to learn the trade so she is not employed and she is supported financially by mum and me (her partner is a struggling student, thanks to Nigerian Universities' knack of regular strike actions.)

Anyhoo,she applied with her son in Sept for a visiting Visa, and we got the a refusal letter stating:

1.)You state that you have worked as a trainee hairdresser since 2009 but you failed to declare your income.
I am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence  to substantiate this claim. You  have provided no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria in support of your application. I am not satisfied that your circumstance are as claimed.

2.) You have provided little in the way of documentary evidence of your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. Full knowledge of your circumstances is an important consideration  when assessing your application for a visit visa. In the absence of such evidence you have not satisfied me on the balance of probability, that your circumstance  are as claimed , that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you, or that you intend to leave the UK  at the end of the period stated by you.

3.) You are a single mother with no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria. You have no evidence of savings in support of your application. I note that you intend to visit your mother and other immediate family in the UK and that you have previously been refused a settlement Visa to join them. Given your current circumstances in Nigeria I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend to visit the UK for the purpose and period stated on this occasion.You appear to have little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country.
In light of all the above I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family,social or economic ties to satisfy me, on balance of probabilities that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of a short visit.

So people, my case is this:

On the application we did state that she is a trainee who does not receive income and is wholly supported financially by us.
We also obtained letter from the establishment where she is a trainee to attest to this fact, the woman even stated in the letter we got from her stating exactly how much she charged that she can provide copy of the receipt issued when my sister enrolled, In the letter  she also expressly granted her leave for the visit as well as indicating the end date for my sister's training which is next year.

However,looking at the letter of refusal, it seems the ECO is simply referring to the same issue in all 3 bullet points and not taking any of the evidence provided into consideration.

I do not understand what asset a 23yrs old can be expected to hold in Nigeria!!We also provided documentary evidence of monthly money transfers to her account for her upkeep, as well as proofs of our bank statements, wage slips, settlement visa etc.

We have the right to appeal, however I just do not understand how else to explain to these people that YES she is a single  mother, who is  an apprentice and is financially dependent on her mother and sister, Please any helpful and constructive help will be appreciated, God bless

I really feel for your sister. However, there were so many reasons it would be difficult to fault the ECO on his decision

For one, she was refused a settlement visa few years ago. Now she claimed to want to 'visit' While her intention would be clear to you, immigration officers are trained to refuse clear cases of 'dual intent' (A situation where it can be verified that an applicant wants to migrate and is now seeking a different visa category, especially visit)

Canada is usually strict about dual intent whereas US delicately considers various factors before approving the request. The bottom line is that proving dual intent is usually harder and you are more likely to be refused than approved in cases of subsisting dual intent

My advice is for her to wait until her economic and social situation in Nigeria improves significantly and then, and only then, should she re apply and must write a letter along, explaining reasons why she is no longer seeking to live permanently in the UK ( as you have detailed above) This is to dissuade the ECO from using the dual intent rule against her again

Best of Luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by taiwowalls: 2:25am On Nov 01, 2010
Hi All,

Does anyone know how long the Administrative review takes for the UK visa,
I got denied for the Tier 1 in September and I applied for a Review,
Nway its been 30 days and I have not heard anything. I hear it takes 28 days or less.
I am just a bit worried. I applied in Lagos and did the Administrative review to in Lagos.
nWAY, I'm VERY WORRIED. Can someone tell me if there have had a similar experience,

thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by felaola(m): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2010
I have applied twice and got rejected for visiting my girlfriend for her graduation, the first time they said i didnt include enough proof that she is my girlfriend and i didnt not proove my sponsor is really my inlaw. In my second application, i put enough photos that prooves my relationship wit her and also my inlaw but i got rejected but this time it makes no sense because the reason was that i did not include my girlfriends immigration status in the uk and evidence of her studies. I included all this in my first application but they didnt return all these documents back to me so i didnt include it in the second application, could this be the reason? the graduation has passed so can i reapply or go for a review? please help
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 4realty: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
@UKTRADER!

You need to go get a life!who made you May Theresa or even David Cameron?Is the queen complaining or what?or is it only Nigerians that are in the uk?You such a silly lil boy that momma needs to take the computer away from!After all the same Immigrants work and pay tax and you get the doe to run your life and yet you have the effontry to type here!You this assylum seeker that Con-Dem will flush out of the UK soon.silly boy angry angry angry angry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Balzac: 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2010
I need only serious and genuine advice here. Anybody that has nothing useful to say please pass.

I had overstayed in the UK 10yrs ago and was deported. Since then I have settled in Nigeria and doing well and have travelled to other European countries on holiday. I applied for a UK visit visa earlier this year (to genuinely visit) but didnt indicate in my application that I had been deported because I thought that after 10years they ignore such records. They denied the visa and said I am further banned for another 10yrs before applying for another visa for not stating my deportation and applying for indefinite stay.

When I read the rejection letter I actually laughed because I'll be 50 in 10yrs time and it is my children that will be doing the travelling then not me.

Is it possible to appeal or plead for leniency and reapply for a visit visa before the suspension period elapses?

Genuine advise only please.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2010
Balzac:

I need only serious and genuine advice here. Anybody that has nothing useful to say please pass.

I had overstayed in the UK 10yrs ago and was deported. Since then I have settled in Nigeria and doing well and have travelled to other European countries on holiday. I applied for a UK visit visa earlier this year (to genuinely visit) but didnt indicate in my application that I had been deported because I thought that after 10years they ignore such records. They denied the visa and said I am further banned for another 10yrs before applying for another visa for not stating my deportation and applying for indefinite stay.

When I read the rejection letter I actually laughed because I'll be 50 in 10yrs time and it is my children that will be doing the travelling then not me.

Is it possible to appeal or plead for leniency and reapply for a visit visa before the suspension period elapses?

Check the date and see if it is really after or before 10 years that you were deported.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do if you've been banned, and i mean absolutely nothing. I can imagine how it feels, but they won't even pay attention to any further correspondence from you until after the 10 years

Note: The ban did not start from the day that you were removed from the UK, but from the day that you made the fresh application for the visa. That's how they enforce it
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings of the day to you.

I applied for Visit visa to visit my brother in UK. I have already submitted the appeal form with my additional documents to the High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria and the appeal is in the system in the tribunal service in UK.

I have received 2 letters from the Tribunal sevice, first one is that they asked the embassy to send the bundles to them and the 2nd is the embassy refused to send the bundles, they were given the December 6th 2010 lodge and they may make decision on the date or after the date. But I was told I can send the documents directly to the tribunal if I have anyone returned by the visa consular to me.

Can anyone help me to review the reason for the refusal of the visa and my appeal letter to see if I still need to add any other document before the decision.

What is the difference between oral hearing and paper hearing? Because I ticked paper. How long does it take for paper hearing? My invitee is my elder brother he works full time in UK.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Hope to read from you.

Ben.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Dannyboy80: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2010

This case is quite difficult to answer. On the application page, Part 6.6 of the family visitor form says"have you even been deported,removed or otherwise require to leave any country,incluiding the UK in the last 10years? And your case was after 10years. I actually think you need an expert to advice. Maybe to appeal the decision of that ban if it can be atleast lifted.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2010
Any advice, Check the attached refusal letter,

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
debenjie:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings of the day to you.

I applied for Visit visa to visit my brother in UK. I have already submitted the appeal form with my additional documents to the High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria and the appeal is in the system in the tribunal service in UK.

I have received 2 letters from the Tribunal sevice, first one is that they asked the embassy to send the bundles to them and the 2nd is the embassy refused to send the bundles, they were given the December 6th 2010 lodge and they may make decision on the date or after the date. But I was told I can send the documents directly to the tribunal if I have anyone returned by the visa consular to me.

Can anyone help me to review the reason for the refusal of the visa and my appeal letter to see if I still need to add any other document before the decision.

What is the difference between oral hearing and paper hearing? Because I ticked paper. How long does it take for paper hearing? My invitee is my elder brother he works full time in UK.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Hope to read from you.

Ben.

Quick questions. . . how many times did you apply? How many times have you been refused?

Based on the copy of the refusal letter you attached, I don't think you have any valid grounds for appeal even though you are entitled to it.

My reasons for saying so are as follows

1. There is an unexplained discrepancy in your income between the figures you supplied and your employer.

2. There was no evidence in your bank account that proves that you earn a salary as you claim

3. If you are paid by cash you should have included this information

4. You did not prove that your sponsor i.e your brother has the ability to accomodate you or fund your trip and did not show whether he even is responsible for anyone in the UK.

What documents did you include in your application?

This is a straight forward case of insufficient documentation.

I can guarantee you that as long as you haven't previously provided false information (at the risk of a ban) if you are able to provide clear evidence of the four points listed as well as prove you have ties that will necessitate your return to Nigeria, you will be granted the visa.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
Balzac:

I think you need a proper immigration lawyer to help you out. You should really have included the fact that you were deported

Vicjustice has a point that there may be a technicality
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
ahonohai, thanks for your response. I was give full right of appeal and I have explained in the my payslips that they company I worked usually pay me in cash. I have explained everything in my appeal letter and provided additional documents like my brother tenancy agreement, energy bill, water bill, council tax bill, his payslip, his 2 bank statements from different banks. Can you advise what other document do you think I can provide to show ties that I will return back to Naija? Apart from my employment. So that I can present it before the decision date.

Hope to read from you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by taiwowalls: 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2010
so i have been waiting for a response because i sent an administrative review in for a denial for HSMP. it was 28 working day son the 18th of October, I finally get a call last Friday the 12th of November to bring all my documents in again. What does this mean. How soon am i expected to wait for the response>>>? Does this mean they will issue me the visa, ?
Pls let me know, anyone who has an idea of what i am talking about. thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 18, 2010
debenjie:

ahonohai, thanks for your response. I was give full right of appeal and I have explained in the my payslips that they company I worked usually pay me in cash. I have explained everything in my appeal letter and provided additional documents like my brother tenancy agreement, energy bill, water bill, council tax bill, his payslip, his 2 bank statements from different banks. Can you advise what other document do you think I can provide to show ties that I will return back to Naija? Apart from my employment. So that I can present it before the decision date.

Hope to read from you.

There ought to have been reciepts of payment issued by your company showing that you have recieved the cash. You also need to provide evidence that your brother is willing to fund your trip and accomodate you for the duration of your stay possibly in writing.

Do you have any other sources of income apart from this job that you have not disclosed. What is your age and are you married? They may consider you as wanting to abscond after being issued the visa.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ahonohai, thanks for your message. The company I worked provide payslips for 6months they said, they paid me in cash and my brother in the UK provided his bank statement, paystubs, work complimentary card and with the appeal sent me his tenancy agreement, energy bill and council tax bill. I don't have another income apart from my siblings usually support me with little cash at the end of the month sometimes. I'm single and my age is 34+. Really ,just want to visit UK and return back doesn't have any intention of staying back there, can't stay in any countries illegally. Or can I provide a letter that my father gave me 2 shops from his property that I use to collect rent due every year.

Thanks again for your response.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2010
uktrader:

Firstly, you are NOT a British citizen, you are just an oversupply immigrant that Britain do not need or want. If you want to be with your family then you and low income mum should go back to your Third World country of Nigerian and help build your own society and economy. You have written that you sister is a trainee and not receiving an income from her employer. If that is the case then she is a student not an empoyee.
Firstly, you are not british
Well you are a hard man no doubt but you have a deadpan sense of humour I have to say.cheesy However you are right in that the applicant has not stated exactly why she wants to come to England.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by nskagent0: 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2010
TRAVELING PROMO/GET NSK PASSPORT 10 DAYS & TRAVEL 30 COUNTRIES VISA FREE TO EUROPE QUOTE REF: 178CA

You Can Get Your NSK Passport in 1O Working Days. Ref: 178CA
And Travel over 30 countries in Europe visa free.

Are you interested to become NSK passport holder citizen?

Anybody can become an NSK Passport holder and acquire the status of an NSK citizen (Slovenia)

For application form & how to apply call or send SMS to NSK PASSPORT AGENT on 00385913229120 for quick response Emails: nskpassportagent@yahoo.com

We are NSK Passport agent to get you NSK Passport

Call us on 00385913229120, for quick response

Emails us on nskpassportagent@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by nskagent0: 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
TRAVELING PROMO/GET NSK PASSPORT 10 DAYS & TRAVEL 30 COUNTRIES VISA FREE TO EUROPE QUOTE REF: 178CA

You Can Get Your NSK Passport in 1O Working Days. Ref: 178CA
And Travel over 30 countries in Europe visa free.

Are you interested to become NSK passport holder citizen?

Anybody can become an NSK Passport holder and acquire the status of an NSK citizen (Slovenia)

For application form & how to apply call or send SMS to NSK PASSPORT AGENT on 00385913229120 for quick response Emails: nskpassportagent@yahoo.com

We are NSK Passport agent to get you NSK Passport

Call us on 00385913229120, for quick response

Emails us on nskpassportagent@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2010
@nskagent0

NSK PASSPORT ? You are a thief!! shame on you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by UNLEASHED(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2010
@Nskagent0
You are a bloody thief!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by martinosi: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2010
uktrader:

Born and bred an English man.  I wish all legal and illegal Nigerians should go back to their Third World country.  How you can determine a person nationality by their writing on forums is so absurd.  The majority of Brits do not want or need you in our country. Do you get the message?

Bye bye

OH DEAR U NEED TO FIX UP MATE!,

It not that easy, o.k if all the Nigerians buzz off to Nigeria, then all the Brits in Nigeria should also live the country a[b]nd while they are living they should not take any Crude oil with them lol!!![/b]

Nigeria supplies 40% of the Crude oil to the UK,

So the next time you think of Getting rid of all the Nigerians and you are at the BP,shell or Morrisons filling station think of all those Nigerian Men at the Oil Rigs in Niger-Delta part of Nigeria drilling oil
for your "Ignorant self"  to fill up your car!!! lol,

DO U THINK NIGERIANS ARE THE BIGGEST NUMBER OF AFRICANS IN THE UK BY MISTAKE

ITS THE OIL FOOL, SO DONT GET IT TWISTED,

So if we leave the country, then all the Brits should live Nigeria

WE KEEP OUR OIL AND YOU KEEP YOUR "HALF FULL CAPACITY REFINERIES!

DO WE HAVE A DEAL LOL!!!!

And before i forget Nigeria puts £150 Million pounds yearly
into the Education coffers of the UK via Nigerian Foreign students
in the UK which number about 8,000 Entrants every year!

So do you think that "Rt Hon Michael Gove MP" is going to give up on all
that Money coming into the UK? U R HAVING A LAUGH MATE!!!

Sorry Mate Michael Gove & Chris Huhne LOVE Nigeria Education Money & Oil

My name is Chris Huhne And i Need Nigerian Oil !!!

[img]http://www.decc.gov.uk/media/viewfile.ashx?filepath=ministers/chris huhne.jpg&filetype=5[/img]

My Name is Michael Gove and i Need Nigerian Education Sector Funds!!!

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by phar897: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2010
My cousin applied for a visiting visa during my graduation, she was denied on the fact that she didnt include her course form which seems to be a meaningless excuse, she inculuded with her application her school id card, letter from her department, her tuition fees receipt since her 1 year to 3rd year those seems to be irrelivant to them. We appealed against their decision, got a lawyer and forwarded her application to the Loborough office, they replied and stated the 5th of November (last month) before we could get the hearing date.

To my suprise, up till this moment, I'm still waiting for their mail, ran out of patient and called Tribunals Customer Enquiry Unit this morning and they said the ECO hasnt send them the bundle yet even after the deadline, I asked what to do next, was told to call back in 2 weeks.

Please experts in the house, can you advice me on what to do or should i say what might happen as a result of ECO not responding?

I'll appreciate any input

Thank you
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by phar897: 10:37am On Dec 02, 2010
Please I'm still waiting for responses, help pls
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2010
phar897:

My cousin applied for a visiting visa during my graduation, she was denied on the fact that she didnt include her course form which seems to be a meaningless excuse, she inculuded with her application her school id card, letter from her department, her tuition fees receipt since her 1 year to 3rd year those seems to be irrelivant to them. We appealed against their decision, got a lawyer and forwarded her application to the Loborough office, they replied and stated the 5th of November (last month) before we could get the hearing date.

To my suprise, up till this moment, I'm still waiting for their mail, ran out of patient and called Tribunals Customer Enquiry Unit this morning and they said the ECO hasnt send them the bundle yet even after the deadline, I asked what to do next, was told to call back in 2 weeks.

Please experts in the house, can you advice me on what to do or should i say what might happen as a result of ECO not responding?

I'll appreciate any input

Thank you
phar897:

Please I'm still waiting for responses, help pls
   The reason no one seems to be interested in responding to your post is simply because, you are not seeking suggestions or advice on how to get something done. . ., but rather you're seeking opinions on what is probably the case with the delay that your application is experiencing. Therefore, as no one actually knows the reason for the delay, neither does anyone know why the ECO did not send your application nor do they know what the ECO did with it, it might not be appropriate to "say what might happen as a result of ECO not responding".
   Just do whatever you can to correspond with them and wait and see. A little more patience might help. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.