Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,910 members, 7,973,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:56 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (282108 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2011
Olatunde00:

I said i have fake south africa permit before but i later denied it because there was no evidence against me i later got a letter from south africa immigration stating that i have never used fake south africa permit before and it happen 2009 dec. 18th

You said that to UK embassy or South African embassy? I'm asking cos i don't think Uk embassy still do visa interviews, i guess they recorded ur confession. 10yrs ban is given when u use forged document to apply for visa, and i don't think u can appeal it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Olatunde00: 11:05pm On Feb 06, 2011
justwise:

You said that to UK embassy or South African embassy? I'm asking cos i don't think Uk embassy still do visa interviews, i guess they recorded your confession. 10yrs ban is given when u use forged document to apply for visa, and i don't think u can appeal it.

To the uk embassy and i never used fake documents
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2011
Olatunde00:

To the uk embassy and i never used fake documents

You really made a big mistake, there is nothing u can do abt it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OJNSols: 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2011
@olatunde

An ECO will refuse an application under the UK immigration rules when they have evidence that the applicant has used deception, made a false statement or given false information (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or withheld a material fact in an application, either orally (at interview) or in writing.

I think that's what happened in your case.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mylesudeh: 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2011
Traveling to Lagos-Nigeria and its surrounding areas?? Let us provide you with a chauffeur driven SUV/Jeep rental services. Our prices are remarkably low and our services are like never before seen in Nigeria!! www.unityglobalventures.com or call 202-459-2103
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Ninjabyte(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
Hi guys, nice work you've got goin on here. I just have an urgent question. My wife just got denied an entry visa to the UK as a Dependant on the ground that our marriage certificate wasn't satisfactory and she didn't supply our wedding pictures, pictures of me here in UK, or communication we've had all through the period i've been here (Emails or call records).

As I understand, I can appeal or re-apply. My question is, is it advisable that we appeal? If I supply all the pictures and print out my mobile call history, is dat sufficient to have them overturn their initial decision? What are the chances that might happen, and how much time will that take? And if we decide to pay and reapply, won't the initial denial count against us?

If I may add, the evidence of marriage we submitted was a Declaration of Marriage from a high court in Abuja, cos we didn't do a court wedding.

Pls, any urgent advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated as I'd love for her to reapply/appeal tomorrow. Thanks guys
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ninjabyte:
Hi guys, nice work you've got goin on here. I just have an urgent question. My wife just got denied an entry visa to the UK as a Dependant on the ground that our marriage certificate wasn't satisfactory and she didn't supply our wedding pictures, pictures of me here in UK, or communication we've had all through the period i've been here (Emails or call records). As I understand, I can appeal or re-apply. My question is, is it advisable that we appeal? If I supply all the pictures and print out my mobile call history, is dat sufficient to have them overturn their initial decision? What are the chances that might happen, and how much time will that take? And if we decide to pay and reapply, won't the initial denial count against us? If I may add, the evidence of marriage we submitted was a Declaration of Marriage from a high court in Abuja, cos we didn't do a court wedding. Pls, any urgent advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated as I'd love for her to reapply/appeal tomorrow. Thanks guys

Appeal process takes ages, if u can provide ur wedding pictures, phone call history, emails/letter exchanges then re-applying is ur best option.
Just go through every single point raised by the ECO and address them, re-applying wouldn't count aganist u as long as u address those points raised by the ECO. Appeal will take nothing less than 2months or more
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Ninjabyte(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2011
Thanks justwise. I really appreciate it. The problem is I've never really emailed her. We mostly talk on phone, skype or chat on yahoo. I'm trying to sort out my call history by printing from the mobile provider's website. I don't know how authentic they will view that, cos i can't think of any other means of getting my call history. And it's even more baffling how I will get my skype or yahoo chat history. Pls help with any advise. We just don't want to be denied again. The effect will be very devastating. Thanks once again Bro
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ninjabyte:

Thanks justwise. I really appreciate it. The problem is I've never really emailed her. We mostly talk on phone, skype or chat on yahoo. I'm trying to sort out my call history by printing from the mobile provider's website. I don't know how authentic they will view that, cos i can't think of any other means of getting my call history. And it's even more baffling how I will get my skype or yahoo chat history. Pls help with any advise. We just don't want to be denied again. The effect will be very devastating. Thanks once again Bro

You can do that and it will be accepted, as long as u have an online account with your mobile phone company, the call history is classified and the embassy will take it.

In yahoo messenger, your chat history is saved as well(thats if u set it to save your chats) just open the chat window(that is click on your wife's ID even if she is not online )and scrol up to where u will see:view full Archive then click there to see all your chats.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by suxes2005(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2011
Justwise, a nice job you are doing all around
here. Keep it up man

SHALOM
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by former: 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2011
At a point in time, i use to have the thought that Seun pays justwise for rendering help on this forum, but definitely he's not accepting a dime. May God reward you brother.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2011
@justwise; iv gone thru evry thread and it kinda seema every case is peculiar. pls i really need ur help.
i was refused a visit visa today based onsome decisions which i will summarise here;
lack of evidence of
1)local circumstances and financial standing in nigeria (im a student)
2)how im financially supported
3)close family ties in Nigeria
4)parent personal and economic circumstances (my parent are divorced i stay wiv my mum)
5)relationship with sponsor(my brother in law is my sponsor)

pls advise
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 6:20pm On Feb 22, 2011
also please do i reapply or appeal. i want the best and fastest way. thank you
waiting anxiously for ur reply
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2011
also my sponsors bank details and sponsor letter werent returned plus my inviters IV letter, home office page and passport biodata page. what do i do?
plsssssss
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2011
kemi O:

also my sponsors bank details and sponsor letter werent returned plus my inviters IV letter, home office page and passport biodata page. what do i do?
plsssssss

Did u submit original or photocopy of those documents?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2011
Dear Kemi, why not make it easier by putting down the contents on the refusal letter word by word? You may edit or omit anything you don't wish to disclose.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 6:50pm On Feb 22, 2011
kemi O:

@justwise; iv gone thru evry thread and it kinda seema every case is peculiar. pls i really need your help.
i was refused a visit visa today based onsome decisions which i will summarise here;
lack of evidence of
1)local circumstances and financial standing in nigeria (im a student)
2)how im financially supported[/b]3)[b]close family ties in Nigeria[/b]4)parent personal and economic circumstances (my parent are divorced i stay wiv my mum)
5)[b]relationship with sponsor
(my brother in law is my sponsor)
pls advise
Please can u list the documents u submitted for the visa application?

Its alway difficult to get a visa as a student, how much was in the bank account u submitted? Did u submit a letter from ur school and ur last result? Are u on school holiday?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2011
Vicjustice:

Dear Kemi, why not make it easier by putting down the contents on the refusal letter word by word? You may edit or omit anything you don't wish to disclose.

Very good point
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Ninjabyte(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2011
justwise:

You can do that and it will be accepted, as long as u have an online account with your mobile phone company, the call history is classified and the embassy will take it.

In yahoo messenger, your chat history is saved as well(thats if u set it to save your chats) just open the chat window(that is click on your wife's ID even if she is not online )and scrol up to where u will see:view full Archive then click there to see all your chats.

Thanks justwise. I've picked out like 2 days in each month from my call history that indicated my calls to my wife's number and sent it down to her. Also included a few of our chats in yahoo (about 10 pages) and a few pictures we snapped with family during our wedding, though we didn't really have a reception (distance/culture) so the pictures aren't those official 'couples in a reception' photos. She will hopefully reapply again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks once again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ninjabyte:

Thanks justwise. I've picked out like 2 days in each month from my call history that indicated my calls to my wife's number and sent it down to her. Also included a few of our chats in yahoo (about 10 pages) and a few pictures we snapped with family during our wedding, though we didn't really have a reception (distance/culture) so the pictures aren't those official 'couples in a reception' photos. She will hopefully reapply again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks once again.

Good, but why not send all the call history? Only 2days in a month is not really enough. Maybe u should send more than that.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2011
wow im sorry im using my phone typed the refusal letter and posted it but cant find it here.
but believe the summary i gave earlier was all the reasons given no omission
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2011
docs from me:
1)school fees receipts,course forms,student verification details for 5 years -originals&copy
2)school ID -copy
3)statement of university result and permission/letter of introduction from school-original&copy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2011
docs from my sponsor:
1) bank details for the past 6 months and covering letter from the bank-original
2)copy of ID
3)3years tax receipts-originals
4)sponsor letter stating hes my BIL and responsible for all expenses incurred-original
5) C of O-original

note my sponsor is retired which was also indicated in his letter
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2011
kemi O:

docs from my sponsor:
1) bank details for the past 6 months and covering letter from the bank-original
2)copy of ID
3)3years tax receipts-originals
4)sponsor letter stating hes my BIL and responsible for all expenses incurred-original
5) C of O-original
note my sponsor is retired which was also indicated in his letter
How much was in the bank account u submitted?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2011
forgot to add my sponsor has over 5mil in his account. sorry im using my phone so its quite tedious.

docs from my friance who si inviting me:
1)IV letter-original
2)nigerian and belgian passport biodata page-copy
hes an EU citizen
2)residence permit in the UK,utility bills,tenancy deeds,3months bank statements with over 3000 pounds,university profile details, university payment time table, his travel e-ticket to nigeria, phone bills, pictures of us together-all copies
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2011
docs that werent returned:
1)sponsors bank details and covering letter from bank-original
2)letter of permission from school-original
3)IV letter-original
4)residence permit of my fiance in the Uk & his nigerian and belgian passport biodata page-copies.
thank you
still anxiously waiting
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2011
kemi O:

docs that werent returned:
[b]1)sponsors bank details and covering letter from bank-original
2)letter of permission from school-original
3)IV letter-original[/b]4)residence permit of my fiance in the Uk & his nigerian and belgian passport biodata page-copies.
thank you
still anxiously waiting

If you write them u will get those original document back.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2011
kemi O:

@justwise; iv gone thru evry thread and it kinda seema every case is peculiar. pls i really need your help.
lack of evidence of
1[b])local circumstances and financial standing in nigeria (im a student)[/b]2)how im financially supported
3)close family ties in Nigeria[/b]4)parent personal and economic circumstances (my parent are divorced i stay wiv my mum)
5)relationship with sponsor(my brother in law is my sponsor)
pls advise

The highlited parts are where i think the prob lies, the ECO is not convince that u have enough tie to Nigeria, basically the ECO is not convinced that u will return to Nigeria if given a visa to the UK, you not married, u don't have a job , you depend financially on ur brother in-law.

You 'may' win the case if u appealed but it will take more than 2months. [b]Vicjustice
will add more when he logs on, he knows far more than i do in this area.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2011
purpose of visit:
to celebrate relationship anniversary wiv my fiancee. all in all i planned spending 4weeks.
i have 80k in my acc but have credit and debit value of over 480k in d acc for d past six months and shares worth of just 60k, lol
my mum is a petty trader&has like 300k in her acc but its savings &in her maiden name which still tallies wiv mothers family name i filled in d form.
just wnt u 2 av this info mayb they will be useful cos of d family tie excuse they gave.
will i provide my bro acc also
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2011
i really dont care about d unreleased docs i can always get new ones from the bank etc.
my mum is actually financially responsible for me but we used my BIL as sponsor cos of his fat acct.
with d financial details of myself and my mum given above do i have a chance?afterall its my BIL who is d sponsor not us.
plus can i reapply and how soon?or do i have to appeal?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2011
and tahnks so much for the bother and being so patient.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2011
kemi O:

purpose of visit:
[b]to celebrate relationship anniversary wiv my fiancee. all in all i planned spending 4weeks.[/b]i have 80k in my acc but have credit and debit value of over 480k in d acc for d past six months and shares worth of just 60k, lol
my mum is a petty trader&has like 300k in her acc but its savings &in her maiden name which still tallies wiv mothers family name i filled in d form.
just wnt u 2 av this info mayb they will be useful cos of d family tie excuse they gave.
will i provide my bro acc also
The documents u submitted are good but you are not financially resposnsible for this trip, ur brother in-law is and the ECO is not convinced that that money will be available to you after the visa is issued.
Another important issue here is ur tie to Nigeria, if u are ready to spend 4wks in the UK celebrating ur rela/ship with ur fiance, how about ur studies?
Do you think that the ECO is convinced that ur brother in-law is going to send u to the UK for 4wks, with that fat bank balance for the reason u stated there? like i said b4, u 'may' win the appeal but it will take ages. re-applying again maybe good idea but the outcome is anybody's guess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.