Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,348 members, 7,920,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 12:23 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (280120 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by anfanio: 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
shodawodu,
Was the baby born before or after you got your visa?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shodawodu: 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
Thanks,

The baby was born a week before the visa was approved,

But i applied while i was pregnant.

Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by anfanio: 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
Write a letter stating that your child was born while awaiting the visa decision and provide supporting documents, hospital records, birth certificate, your passport number and visa number - use copies at this point until originals are requested. Get a passport for your child or get her endorsed on your passport.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shodawodu: 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
Thanks,

Really appreciate.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by FALInvest: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2011
Are you planning to come to the UK on holiday?
Do you need someone to take you around ?
Do you need a befitting short term accommodation during your period of stay?
Also need a pick up from the Airport?

We are registered Limited Company Based in the UK.
We offer excellent and exceptional services in making sure that your stay becomes a memorable one in the UK.
You are guaranteed a highly affordable rates

Kindly contact us on : capitalplusinvestment@yahoo.com

Thank You
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2011
@FALInvest

What is the name of your company, landline number and address in london?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by FALInvest: 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2011
Name & Registered Office:
FAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LIMITED
145-157 ST JOHN STREET
LONDON
ENGLAND
EC1V 4PY

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2011
FALInvest:

Name & Registered Office:
FAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LIMITED
145-157 ST JOHN STREET
LONDON
ENGLAND
EC1V 4PY

Ok
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Edufresh(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
NEED A US VISA

US Visa appointment fees are now payable at designated UBA Business Offices nationwide following the introduction of a new Visa Appointment Booking system by the US Embassy in collaboration with VFS Global Services.
What you need to know

Q: How much do I need to pay for a US Visa Appointment?
A: Only N3, 500 per applicant.

Is the Visa appointment fee the same as the Visa application fee?
NO. The Visa application fee is separate from the appointment fee.

How do I make payment?
Payment can be made by cash or UBA Cheque at designated UBA Business Offices nationwide.

Can I pay the Visa application fee and the appointment fee at the same time?
Yes it is highly recommended that you pay both fees at the same time. Simply fill out two separate deposit slips or separate UBA Cheques.

Do I need to bring my international passport to pay for my Visa appointment?
You are required to present your international passport or a clear copy of the bio-data page to process the payment.

Do I get receipt after making payment?
A receipt will be issued to with a seven digit unique receipt number valid for booking your appointment.

Do I make only one payment of N3, 500 for my whole family?
No, you have to pay and book separate appointment for each individual member of the family.

If I change my mind about applying for a US Visa, can I get my Visa appointment fee refunded?
The Visa Appointment fee is ‘Non Refundable’ and Non Transferable’.

How do I book my appointment?
Visit the website www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com and make your booking using the unique number on the receipt issued at the point of payment.

However, many people keep complaining of missing the appointments for which they require the US Visa in the first place because of late appointment date offered to them by the US Embassy or some tiimes. Of course this is because of over estimated number of 20,000 Nigerians queuing in the US Embassy to obtain a US Visa appointment.

If you have any problem logging onto the website, who do you contact? circumvent
Contact Austin on 2348034345598 or Chris on 2347089004537
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kenny33: 8:05am On Apr 02, 2011
my people pls help me oo, let me explain how all this went totally wrong, i apply for a uk visiting friend visa and use a genuie docs from my britsh friend in uk but they refuse my visa saying i did not state how i met my friend and also in the ques part 5: Finances and Employment i wrongly put in my parent work details, and they thought it was mine, cos i did a mistake and read the questn wrongly WHAT CAN I DO NOW cos they already see me as liar
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kenny33: 8:11am On Apr 02, 2011
they say i dont have a full write of appeal and i dont know what to do now, all i put down was all genuie and i didnt understand the question well in the part 5, i have already write them a letter and also my sponsor i have call them and they say i can reapply, but a friend told me never to do so or else they will thought i made a new trick up and refuse me once again pls my people what can i do
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ycoxyng: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
kenny33:

they say i dont have a full write of appeal and i dont know what to do now, all i put down was all genuie and i didnt understand the question well in the part 5, i have already write them a letter and also my sponsor i have call them and they say i can reapply, but a friend told me never to do so or else they will thought i made a new trick up and refuse me once again pls my people what can i do

i will advice u to reapply but when filling the new form ensure u explain the mistake u did in d additional information section of d form. Goodluck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2011
kenny33:

my people pls help me oo, let me explain how all this went totally wrong, i apply for a uk visiting friend visa and use a genuie docs from my britsh friend in uk but they refuse my visa saying i did not state how i met my friend and also in the ques part 5: Finances and Employment i wrongly put in my parent work details, and they thought it was mine, cos i did a mistake and read the questn wrongly WHAT CAN I DO NOW cos they already see me as liar
   Giving you the benefit of doubt, i must tell you how very unfortunate you are to have fallen a victim of circumstance and protocol.
   The fact is, since the embassy considered you a liar in your failed application; you've been placed on a 10 years ban. That means, you are free to apply for any UK visa as many times as you wish, but you'll never be given a visa until after 10 years. This is the truth.
   Now, contrary to Ycoxyng advice, do not bother to apply for any UK visa as the visa officers will not even be interested to take a look at the main details in your application form how much more to read the "additional information" that you provide.
   How it works? Your name and your finger prints are already placed in their BAN LIST, so, as soon as they type in your name or you place your fingers into their system, they will see that you carry a ban, and your application is automatically refused without looking at the details in the file.
   Now, you may want to know what you can do; Well, it's an unfair policy, but don't blame them for being so stringent, rather blame the people who abused their system until they're forced to take this measure. There is absolutely nothing you can do, you have to wait for 10 years or you can try for other countries.
   However, if you wish to try a gamble, you may apply again (consider making an application that attracts the rights of appeal) and use your parents bank details as sponsor's account (since you claim they owned the account in question), and get someone to help in constructing a comprehensive letter because, from what i understand, i really doubt you can do that yourself.
Read more on this at:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401198.0.html
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kenny33: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2011
aba Vicjustce that cant happen go and read what i wrote on my thrend
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by suxes2005(m): 6:58pm On Apr 03, 2011
kenny33:

Kenny, in the refusal letter, was it stated that any future application
will be rejected?

SHALOM
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ycoxyng: 8:47pm On Apr 03, 2011
suxes2005:

Kenny, in the refusal letter, was it stated that any future application
will be rejected?

SHALOM

Mr Shalom, the self acclaim visa expert asking a foolish question. i stand to be corrected if any embassy use to state in d refusal letter that any future applicatn will be rejected particularly the uk. it just confirm that u are just there to rip innocent nigerians of their money. God will not allow u d ur friends to suceed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 9:14pm On Apr 03, 2011
kenny33:

But isn't this your quote?
kenny33:

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kenny33: 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2011
it did not say any future application will be reject
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by babuji0001: 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2011
hello all
i applied for a 2 years family visit uk visa was refused under sect 320 (7a) i then appealed stating that the eco erred in law and the apply was granted now i jut want to know how long the embassy will take to call me and if i will be issued the 2 years i applied for or i will be issued a 6 months visa
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by azpunpin: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2011
I need help again o. First time when I applied for a Visa, I got refused and I reapplied again but I got refused . Below are the details of the refusal at first and second time.

First reason for refusal.

You state that you will travel to UK for 2 weeks. However, you have given no indication as to how you intend to spend your time,where you intend to travel, what site of interest you intend to visit and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday. While it is not a prerequisite I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to demonstrated you have some knowledge of your chosen destination and plans. I note you have not traveled to the UK previously and you state you do not know anyone there. In the absence of such information it is difficult for me to make any considered judgment as to your true intentions.

2nd reason again.

The Entry clearance officer noted t hat I said I am a student at Lead City University. He said he was not satisfied that I have provided adequate evidence to substantiate these claims. HE said “although you have submitted a letter purporting to from the University, I am aware that such documents are readily available”
He said he also noted that I have not submitted any official documentation. Confirming my current examination Results. All documentation relating to my examination results are from the 2009/2010 academic year.

Now, I have written a Review letter for my documents cos I submitted the result available and we just finished our 1st semester exam for the current Year, how would I get the result before the second semester commence as you all know how University operate.

I need an advise because I have submitted the review letter since last week and I have not hear from them if they have received it or not but the courier read delivered. Please, I hope I have a good ground for my Visa to be issued?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by azpunpin: 11:19am On Apr 26, 2011
@everyone

Can someone respond to my request please.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 10:00pm On May 06, 2011
babuji0001:

hello all
i applied for a 2 years family visit uk visa was refused under sect 320 (7a) i then appealed stating that the eco erred in law and the apply was granted now i jut want to know how long the embassy will take to call me and if i will be issued the 2 years i applied for or i will be issued a 6 months visa

From experience of those I know who have had similar up turn of decision, FOR VISIT,THEY USUALLY DONT TAKE LONG, DEPENDING IF THE DATE OF DEPARTURE YOU STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM IS STILL FAR OR NEAR FROM THE DATE OF REVIEW OF THIER DECISION, OTHERWISE 7-14 WORKING DAYS BY TELEPHONE INVITATION. FOR OTHERS USUALLY BHC ABUJA LIKE TO ACT AS THOUGH TIME WAITS FOR YOU AND YOU HAVE TO KEEP RINGING THEM UNTIL THEY GIVE YOU A TIME FRAME TO EXPECT THIER LETTER OF INVITATION.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ceejay80s(m): 8:18pm On May 09, 2011
@ all, i need ur help, i am applying for uk business visa and i am being sponsored heavily by the company i work for, i will be going there for business negotiation, i want to find out if my own bank statement will be request and i have already submitted my company's bank statement, i am going on their behalf and my bank statement is very low
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DisGuy: 12:07am On May 12, 2011
since you are being sponsored by your company, your personal bank statement is unnecessary.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 12:01pm On May 12, 2011
Dear All
I need some advice please. My fiancé was refused a visiting visa based on the information he gave. He said he earns 250,000 which is his gross (before tax) whereas he actually gets paid 94,000 net (after tax). The ECO’s words were -  I note that the account you submitted does not reflect your stated salary. Although salary credits can be seen in this account, you are more often paid 2 times less what you have claimed. I also note you have not submitted any original pay slips to confirm your stated salary.[/color]

Second reason for refusal given was that he used my uncle and said he is his uncle but NOT his sponsor. They rang my uncle and my uncle said he is a family friend. These are the ECO’s words  - You state that your sponsor is your uncle (He never did that. He said he was sponsoring himself) however I have contacted your sponsor today and he has confirmed you are not related as claimed. Your sponsor has confirmed that he is sponsoring your visit and that you are a family friend. Whilst I note that you will be accommodated by your sponsor, you have not provided any evidence that he has adequate accommodation available to you during your stay. You also state that he is a Doctor, however you have not provided any evidence of your sponsor’s employment in the UK. He attached a letter form my uncle and his British passport but nothing else as he never claimed to be his sponsor.[color=#990000]

He has been told he has no full right of appeal. Now the dilemma is this. Does he re-apply or do you think he’s been banned based on the inconsistencies above and though it says he hasn’t got full rights of appeal, can he still appeal ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 1:08am On May 13, 2011
fishhooks:

Dear All
I need some advice please. My fiancé was refused a visiting visa based on the information he gave. He said he earns 250,000 which is his gross (before tax) whereas he actually gets paid 94,000 net (after tax). The ECO’s words were - I note that the account you submitted does not reflect your stated salary. Although salary credits can be seen in this account, you are more often paid 2 times less what you have claimed. I also note you have not submitted any original pay slips to confirm your stated salary.[/color]

Second reason for refusal given was that he used my uncle and said he is his uncle but NOT his sponsor. They rang my uncle and my uncle said he is a family friend. These are the ECO’s words - You state that your sponsor is your uncle (He never did that. He said he was sponsoring himself) however I have contacted your sponsor today and he has confirmed you are not related as claimed. Your sponsor has confirmed that he is sponsoring your visit and that you are a family friend. Whilst I note that you will be accommodated by your sponsor, you have not provided any evidence that he has adequate accommodation available to you during your stay. You also state that he is a Doctor, however you have not provided any evidence of your sponsor’s employment in the UK. He attached a letter form my uncle and his British passport but nothing else as he never claimed to be his sponsor.[color=#990000]

He has been told he has no full right of appeal. Now the dilemma is this. Does he re-apply or do you think he’s been banned based on the inconsistencies above and though it says he hasn’t got full rights of appeal, can he still appeal ?

From the information given, since the ECO did not state that your fiance has been refused under paragraph 320 7(b ) under the relevant sub-section of the immigration rules, then it is UNLIKELY he has been banned. I would urge you to go back and re-read the "Notice of Refusal" again to be sure sure of what the ECO commented. As for the salary issue, your fiance did not help much by not including an official documentation of his salary in the form of payslips. That would have enabled the ECO to tally his earnings BEFORE tax as that paid into his account is usually his salary AFTER tax.The ECO usually assesses Salary before tax and then uses the balance in the account to assess if you currently have sufficient funds to meet your need when you do travel to the UK.

On your second reason for refusal, again He made a mistake by giving misleading information about his sponsor.

Looking at the situation overall, I think it is better to re-apply, but in this instance, your fiance should state in his application form under the section for additional information or in a well written letter address to the ECO , stating that He has applied before and He was refused, stating the reasons why He was refused and explaining that the ECO did not get his facts right. NOTE: This has to be written in a diplomatic language and in a clear and concise way that would help them to understand where the ECO may have gotten the information given in the first application wrongly since they will always go to your file at the BHC, Abuja and cross check the information you gave previously with the most recent information in your new application - Make sure you are consistent!!!

NOT ACTING CONFUSED, BUT OVERALL, FROM THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED, FROM MY EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST, SOME ECO WILL TEND TO VIEW IT AS DECEPTION, WHICH USUALLY WILL LEAD TO A BAN OF 10YEARS THAT IS WHY I WANT YOU TO GO BACK AND RE-READ THE NOTICE OF REFUSAL CAREFULLY.

ALSO, YOU CAN ASK HIM TO WRITE A LETTER TO THEM REQUESTING THEM TO CLARIFY THINGS UP AS TO WHETHER HE IS CURRENTLY UNDER ANY BAN BY THE UK AND IN SOME CASES, THE BHC HAVE RESPONDED POLITELY AND OTHERS THEY HAVEN'T

HOPE THIS HELPS. Also read the information here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part9/

That will assist you to know if your fiance has been banned from the UK
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by phar897: 10:44am On May 13, 2011
@Jugzy, Vicjustice, omo_tier1, justwise and others pls help!

My cousin won her appeal, got the result on the 17th of april . But up till now, BHC still hasn't called yet so I'm wondering what could be the reason or should I say delay. I read Jugzy post, which happens to be nearly the same time she applied. Her application was made june, despite the fact that they adjourned the case, they finally allowed it april 12th. I'm thinking if she could get in touch with BHC or what do you suggest?

Thanks in anticipation smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 11:08am On May 13, 2011
phar897:

My cousin won her appeal, got the result on the 17th of april . But up till now, BHC still hasn't called yet so I'm wondering what could be the reason or should I say delay. I read Jugzy post, which happens to be nearly the same time she applied. Her application was made june, despite the fact that they adjourned the case, they finally allowed it april 12th. I'm thinking if she could get in touch with BHC or what do you suggest?

Should have done that long ago and see what the reply will be.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2011
phar897:

Did you submitt the appeal yourself or were helped by an immigration solicitor?

If you did the appeal yourself and not through an immigration solicitor then get the 'determination' of the immigration judge scanned, draft a letter of notice addressed to the Entry Clearance manager (ECM)at the entry post where your application was assessed and forward same with the 'determinaton' attached to Abuja.Visas.CorrespondenceUnit@fco.gov.uk (please note the upper case in the e-mail address). Also note, that the embassy usually avail themself sometime frame to process your visas and they often given maximum of 90days for long term visas but if you keep knocking on thier door, you will be asked to bring your passport within a couple of days after they acknowledge the receipt of your determination.

If your appeal was through an immigration solicitors, then should know better by faxing the outcome of the appeal to the foriegn commonwealth office who are in charge of the high commissions.

Have you confirmed if the Home Office didnot appeal the decision of the AIT immigration judge? Usually this is done after 7days and the AIT will notify you if that is the case.

If after 90days you get no response, then write a 'legal' letter to them warning of a court action should they fail to process your visas within 14days.

Hope this helps and please come back and let others know how things went for you so lessons can be learnt by others.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 12:50pm On May 13, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

From the information given, since the ECO did not state that your fiance has been refused under paragraph 320 7(b ) under the relevant sub-section of the immigration rules, then it is UNLIKELY he has been banned. I would urge you to go back and re-read the "Notice of Refusal" again to be sure sure of what the ECO commented. As for the salary issue, your fiance did not help much by not including an official documentation of his salary in the form of payslips. That would have enabled the ECO to tally his earnings BEFORE tax as that paid into his account is usually his salary AFTER tax.The ECO usually assesses Salary before tax and then uses the balance in the account to assess if you currently have sufficient funds to meet your need when you do travel to the UK.

On your second reason for refusal, again He made a mistake by giving misleading information about his sponsor.

Looking at the situation overall, I think it is better to re-apply, but in this instance, your fiance should state in his application form under the section for additional information or in a well written letter address to the ECO , stating that He has applied before and He was refused, stating the reasons why He was refused and explaining that the ECO did not get his facts right. NOTE: This has to be written in a diplomatic language and in a clear and concise way that would help them to understand where the ECO may have gotten the information given in the first application wrongly since they will always go to your file at the BHC, Abuja and cross check the information you gave previously with the most recent information in your new application - Make sure you are consistent!!!

NOT ACTING CONFUSED, BUT OVERALL, FROM THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED, FROM MY EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST, SOME ECO WILL TEND TO VIEW IT AS DECEPTION, WHICH USUALLY WILL LEAD TO A BAN OF 10YEARS THAT IS WHY I WANT YOU TO GO BACK AND RE-READ THE NOTICE OF REFUSAL CAREFULLY.

ALSO, YOU CAN ASK HIM TO WRITE A LETTER TO THEM REQUESTING THEM TO CLARIFY THINGS UP AS TO WHETHER HE IS CURRENTLY UNDER ANY BAN BY THE UK AND IN SOME CASES, THE BHC HAVE RESPONDED POLITELY AND OTHERS THEY HAVEN'T

HOPE THIS HELPS. Also read the information here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part9/

That will assist you to know if your fiance has been banned from the UK

Thank you very much OmoTier for your advice ,  he will re-apply after 3 months by God's grace and address the ECO's points. i also think he should use my uncle again but this time with supporting documents and also get the Accountant at his office to give him some form of proof to reflect his salary. Thak you again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by phar897: 3:25pm On May 13, 2011
justwise:

Should have done that long ago and see what the reply will be.

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm not sure if I can call from here, but will at least try on monday.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by phar897: 4:02pm On May 13, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Did you submitt the appeal yourself or were helped by an immigration solicitor?

If you did the appeal yourself and not through an immigration solicitor then get the 'determination' of the immigration judge scanned, draft a letter of notice addressed to the Entry Clearance manager (ECM)at the entry post where your application was assessed and forward same with the 'determinaton' attached to Abuja.Visas.CorrespondenceUnit@fco.gov.uk (please note the upper case in the e-mail address). Also note, that the embassy usually avail themself sometime frame to process your visas and they often given maximum of 90days for long term visas but if you keep knocking on thier door, you will be asked to bring your passport within a couple of days after they acknowledge the receipt of your determination.

If your appeal was through an immigration solicitors, then should know better by faxing the outcome of the appeal to the foriegn commonwealth office who are in charge of the high commissions.

Have you confirmed if the Home Office didnot appeal the decision of the AIT immigration judge? Usually this is done after 7days and the AIT will notify you if that is the case.

If after 90days you get no response, then write a 'legal' letter to them warning of a court action should they fail to process your visas within 14days.

Hope this helps and please come back and let others know how things went for you so lessons can be learnt by others.

That was really helpful bro. Thanks a lot! To answer your questions, the appeal was submitted through an immigration solicitor and I think at this juncture, might just have to wait. I called the solicitor yesterday inquiring what the situation is like, she told me they're still waiting for a copy of the determination. I got mine through royal mail, so I'm guessing the nigerian post office still has the documents . .

I still haven't confirmed from the AIT yet (I decided not to) since the solicitor in nigeria hasn't received her copy, so I'm thinking it could be as a result of the royal wedding break and bank holidays in between, probably caused the delay.

I'll appreciate further suggestions . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.