Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,193 members, 7,880,716 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:02 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (278557 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DisGuy: 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2009
Congrats!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2009
big congratulations oo, mikkko!!! ah 1 yr and 3months? how could it have taken that long? thats old story now, a testimony infact.

i'm in london now. thank God for His mercies,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 11:41am On Jul 30, 2009
Wetin i for do now my brodaa. All the same, all thanks to God Almighty. @ Awol, how una side down there, ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2009
@mikkko,

we r doing well oo, i'm happy for you, try coming through the terminal 2 of heathrow , no hassles whatsoever, i think u can check that on ur online booking.

take care now.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2009
Hello NL, i need urgent solution to this uk visa problem plZ.
My uncle came to nigeria this year january with the hope of getting entry clearance for his work permit which he had got in d uk before the scrapping. He was initially residing in uk on working holiday maker visa which expired in february this year. He applied for the entry clearance but to his surprise he was refused due to the reason dat they contacted the employer but he was unable to confirm the employment which the employer said it wasnt true that he only told them to call him back as he was busy then. He contacted a lawyer in uk nd they made another application addressing d issue with a new letter from d employer but it was also refused based on d previous reason dat they are not satisfy if d business is genuine after this the lawyer submitted documents for reconsideration to the embassy lagos but it was also denied with these it has been 3 attempts towards the application.
The case was now sent to the home office itself in uk because the lawyer advise not to appeal cuz of th time taken, he said they av no choice than to approve it cuz the work permit is genuine which is truly genuine. But the lawyer later contacted my uncle that ukba staff went to the business office nd thy cudnt see anybody to discuss d issue wit, dat d case av become complicated now.

My uncle needs ur advise now cuz he doesnt how to go about it now. Shud he make fresh application or different application cuz it seems there is no hope on the previous application anymore. What are his chances now? Please your candid advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 12:34am On Aug 01, 2009
peter2010:

Hello NL, i need urgent solution to this uk visa problem plZ.
My uncle came to nigeria this year january with the hope of getting entry clearance for his work permit which he had got in d uk before the scrapping. He was initially residing in uk on working holiday maker visa which expired in february this year. He applied for the entry clearance but to his surprise he was refused due to the reason dat they contacted the employer but he was unable to confirm the employment which the employer said it wasnt true that he only told them to call him back as he was busy then. He contacted a lawyer in uk nd they made another application addressing d issue with a new letter from d employer but it was also refused based on d previous reason dat they are not satisfy if d business is genuine after this the lawyer submitted documents for reconsideration to the embassy lagos but it was also denied with these it has been 3 attempts towards the application.
The case was now sent to the home office itself in uk because the lawyer advise not to appeal cuz of th time taken, he said they av no choice than to approve it cuz the work permit is genuine which is truly genuine. Bu.t the lawyer later contacted my uncle that ukba staff went to the business office nd thy cudnt see anybody to discuss d issue wit, dat d case av become complicated now.

My uncle needs ur advise now cuz he doesnt how to go about it now. Shud he make fresh application or different application cuz it seems there is no hope on the previous application anymore. What are his chances now? Please your candid advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Honestly, i don't seem to understand some input here, especially about the employer denying any existing employment with your uncle, or was/is no paper-work involved regarding his employment?
Whatever, however, i don't advice your uncle to make a fresh visa application (especially one of a different nature or category) because, it will seem to the ECO that he is desperate to enter the UK by any means, and this will jeopardise the purpose of which he may be genuinely applying for the visa.
Your uncle has to pursue this course except if there is no way he can verify his claim regarding the questionable employment.
It would be helpful if you could present the exact words in the refusal letter so that the situation will be more comprehensive as it should be: remember to edit the personal information that are deemed private
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2009
attached are the refusal & review letters. plz ur honest contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks alot

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2009
attached are the refusal & review letters. plz ur honest contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks alot

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 10:31am On Aug 01, 2009

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 10:36am On Aug 01, 2009

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2009
Dear Peter
  Thank you for your effort through which you directly uploaded scanned copies of the ECO and ECM statement reports (though i must admit that the scanned copies are way too large that it takes much scrolling and shifting to read through them smiley )
  Honestly, considering the efforts that the ECO made to contact your uncle's supposed employer, and how the Landline wasn't responding, and how the person he contacted on mobile phone (who was supposed to be the employer) was unable to answer basic questions regarding his own company and employee, also how he eventually discovered that the address and number that your uncle gave were controversial, , i think the ECO had reasonable reasons for the refusal.
  In spite of these complications, an appeal will be good if only the claims made by your uncle regarding the company and his employment as well as the company's contacts are genuine otherwise, i don't think the original decision will be overturned. And if any of the informations that your uncle has given regarding same is incorrect, then, it's in my opinion that he abandons the case (while he still enjoys the benefits of doubt) and make a fresh application addressing the questionable issues; but don't be surprised that this very complications may influence his subsequent visa applications.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2009
The time given for appeal has elapsed now because he was waiting for the home office response. The employer had not even been pickin his call any longer, it's lookin as if the employer is no longer interested in employing him. Please vicjustice nd nairalanders what else can be done to get him out of this mess because he is in shock till now. Thanks for u concern.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2009
peter2010:

The time given for appeal has elapsed now because he was waiting for the home office response. The employer had not even been pickin his call any longer, it's lookin as if the employer is no longer interested in employing him. Please vicjustice nd nairalanders what else can be done to get him out of this mess because he is in shock till now. Thanks for u concern.
If (like you said) the so-called employer seems to loss interest, then, i'm afraid there's nothing that can be done in this particular case because, an employer of such stance can not satisfy an Entry Clearance Office in order to approve an entry clearance.
It's indeed a hard time in Europe as the recession bites deep into most country's economy, including the UK, this will definitely be a negative factor affecting the working holiday maker visa. . . However, i suggest that your uncle seeks another employer, but it's a tall, very tall task though
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
yettidear:

Hi y'all,

I have been following this thread carefully from the beginning and I thank God for the great contributors here. You guys really helped me with alot of info.

I was rejected last yr at the BHC due to the tax doc i submitted with my application -pls check full story on the General Uk enquiries thread.I thought that was the end of the world,but today 9 months later i have my US visa. I was skeptical of using the same passport in order to avoid issues,but i trusted God and went ahead. It was all God!!!

My advice to ppl out there is that when you are rejected at an embassy it's not the end world. God might just be preparing you for the best like He did for me.

I would like to thank ppl like Akolawole,FunkyBaby,kadman,presjany,shawamma,Ojewole, others and even vikoviko who rose to help me out of the tax clearance mess.

yettidear:

@dearstan

Thanks alot! Yes,i got a student visa for my MSc program.

No! I didnt go to an agent.One of the lessons i learnt last year was that you are the one with anything at stake not anyone else. Some agents can mislead you and they have nothing much to lose.just try to get genuine info,ask ppl,google out info etc.

All the best!

Sodetan, did I not say everything always happens for a reason then and that you had plenty other better opportunities open to you undecided Wonder where those who were clamouring for Vikikoko to be burnt at the stake are now undecided undecided undecided

And like I said before, the agent did not mislead you, you people should have paid tax at source, and you contacted him first knowing full well the consequences of your action, we are not JJC's and doormat here, we all know the score, let it slide cool cool cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 4realty: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
''@Yettidear!Congrats!It all ended well in your favour!Waeva anybody said or didnt say during the fracas is immaterial right now,the thing now is greet Obama when you land o jare grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2009
4realty:

''@Yettidear!Congrats!It all ended well in your favour!Waeva anybody said or didnt say during the fracas is immaterial right now,the thing now is greet Obama when you land o jare grin grin grin grin

angry Onwa ija mi angry And you know me I don't like trouble, na jeje i dey like to do my own thing angry angry angry tongue
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 4realty: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2009
Busy_body:

angry Onwa ija mi angry And you know me I don't like trouble, na jeje i dey like to do my own thing angry angry angry tongue

Mo mo pe Oniwahala ati Oni jangbon ni e!You get your life from fighting and insulting people,I no be your type,cause I dont fight woman,so I will allow you this nite to run your mouth as you like!elenu lo ni enu,let dem say!Talk,infact internet and typig is cheap,so carry go double trouble!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2009
4realty:

Mo mo pe Oniwahala ati Oni jangbon ni e!You get your life from fighting and insulting people,I no be your type,cause I dont fight woman,so I will allow you this nite to run your mouth as you like!elenu lo ni enu,let dem say!Talk,infact internet and typig is cheap,so carry go double trouble!

Ehn hen, ologogoro, I knew you were going to mention the "I no fight woman" line, I sabi you pass the back of my hand sef cheesy Pataki, pataki, never more than a few feet away where their is trouble on NL grin A small boy after my own heart tongue, I dey gbadun you jare all the time, God punish the peacemakers grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 4realty: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
Busy_body:

Ehn hen, ologogoro, I knew you were going to mention the "I no fight woman" line, I sabi you pass the back of my hand sef cheesy Pataki, pataki, never more than a few feet away where their is trouble on NL grin A small boy after my own heart tongue, I dey gbadun you jare all the time, God punish the peacemakers grin grin grin

Something obviously is wrong with this lady?I am not Pataki,and am sure very soon you are going to say I am Akolawole!yeye person! angry angry angry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2009
4realty:

Something obviously is wrong with this lady?I am not Pataki,and am sure very soon you are going to say I am Akolawole!yeye person! angry angry angry

Keep fibbing shotigbo, small time now, you go carry Bible go Church with your two left legs cheesy Berra go and repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2009
I did appealed against my refused student visa applications early this year and my appeal has been heared and it was successful,Please I wll like to know If I have to contact the BHC or they will call me themselves.Please can anyone help.I read some stuff from erica and awoll where awoll said he contacted the BHC before they placed a call to him can I have the contact email please everyone in the room.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 9:34am On Aug 05, 2009
awoll:

@mikkko,

we r doing well oo, i'm happy for you, try coming through the terminal 2 of heathrow , no hassles whatsoever, i think u can check that on ur online booking.

take care now.

Awoll I am really happy for you,I have been reading your treads and post eversince and I have been following up can I know whats up.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2009
Is it true no more appeal for UK student visas guys in the room ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2009
AWOLL,ERICA please I need the mail which you used incontacting the BHC here in nigeria and anyone who has experienceof a Uk student visa appeal this year.

Hello every one in the room,I learnt that no more Student appeal since may 2009,does that still applies to those that appealed against their decisions last year dec to january please advice .s
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2009
The appeal was heared on 9th of juky and decisions was successful on 22nd what is my cnahces of receiving my Student VISA?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ojodudu: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2009
Nairalanders,
I am happy to inform you that I got my UK Student Visa today. I posted here 2 weeks ago asking for advise on how to go about my successful appeal. But unfortunately there was not much response to my peculiar case, except one from TonyTone (Appreciated). Now I know why there was no response from the socalled 'big guns'. Why? God do not want them to take credit for anything in this, at all. Therefore, I give God ALL the glory.
While, it may be good to seek advise on obtaining your student or any visa, it is sometimes ideal to go with your gut feelings. I did exactly that, and I thank God I did. Just a recap: I applied last year. Got denied. Appealed. Successful. Got an email last month to come for visa. Come with the former school admission letter, the email advised. Problem: Did not apply for deferment in the school. I had chosen another Uni in England. I added 2+2 together. It is a new system. If I go on basis of Successful Appeal without letter from same school. Its a forgone conclusion. I was at the crossroads when I asked for advise from the forum. To cut a long story short, I applied in the new category with all papers intact. Fees paid. And here I am this afternoon I got my visa. Valid till January 2011. I am in for a postgraduate course.
As you read this, help me say THANK YOU, LORD.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DisGuy: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
congrats
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 11:50pm On Aug 06, 2009
ojodudu:

Nairalanders,
I am happy to inform you that I got my UK Student Visa today. I posted here 2 weeks ago asking for advise on how to go about my successful appeal. But unfortunately there was not much response to my peculiar case, except one from TonyTone (Appreciated). Now I know why there was no response from the socalled 'big guns'. Why? God do not want them to take credit for anything in this, at all. Therefore, I give God ALL the glory.
While, it may be good to seek advise on obtaining your student or any visa, it is sometimes ideal to go with your gut feelings. I did exactly that, and I thank God I did. Just a recap: I applied last year. Got denied. Appealed. Successful. Got an email last month to come for visa. Come with the former school admission letter, the email advised. Problem: Did not apply for deferment in the school. I had chosen another Uni in England. I added 2+2 together. It is a new system. If I go on basis of Successful Appeal without letter from same school. Its a forgone conclusion. I was at the crossroads when I asked for advise from the forum. To cut a long story short, I applied in the new category with all papers intact. Fees paid. And here I am this afternoon I got my visa. Valid till January 2011. I am in for a postgraduate course.
As you read this, help me say THANK YOU, LORD.
Am HAVING SAME PROBLEM ALSO SO,BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AS I HAVE SUBMITTED MY PASSPORT 2 MONTHS AGO BUT STILL YET TO COLLECT MY VISA FOR WORKING HOLIDAY.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 12:22am On Aug 07, 2009
hi miz4oxley,

i didn't contact them , they gave me a call, just be patient, they'll call you, since u got the determination the 22nd of july, u'll get a call anytime soon, i can't remember but i think i got a call about two weeks after i got my promulgation. it is well, praise God for you.

just be sure to listen out and know if you have to take anything along(not necessary) or you jus might get an email but it's mostly calls,

take care.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LaNiger(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
STConcept:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][center]Traveling from one country to another couldn’t be easier than when there is a policy that mandate the embassy to stamp your passport with visa and not only that to give you resident permit so that you can stay as long as you want to stay, move around in that country as much as you want to move around, work in that country anywhere you want to work, marry in that country if you want and ultimately leave that country anytime you want to leave. There nothing more beautiful than this. Order for you own Global Citizenship Package Today. Call +2347031968026 or Send e mail to ifeoluwami@gmail.com[/center][/size][/size][/size]

There is nothing like a Global Citizenship package. This is really becoming comical, please stop lying to people and get a real job. You cannot make it past MMA with your so called "Global Citizenship Package."
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hi awoll thnaks

Ok I will be expecting their call I just felt its taking long, But I hope they call this coming week. Thanks man are you still in naija or UK.I have the school defered admission letter for september and other schools are also wanting to give me offer what do I do?
awoll:

hi miz4oxley,

i didn't contact them , they gave me a call, just be patient, they'll call you, since u got the determination the 22nd of july, u'll get a call anytime soon, i can't remember but i think i got a call about two weeks after i got my promulgation. it is well, praise God for you.

just be sure to listen out and know if you have to take anything along(not necessary) or you jus might get an email but it's mostly calls,

take care.
s
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LaNiger(m): 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
LaNiger:

Assuming that you know everything in life may not make you go far in life. i place the content and its clear enough to make you know that am not a ghost or an somenone trying to hide himself. why will you not take your time to find out or do your research before you come to that conclusion. Anyway am bold to let you know that you may be lacking far behind in life if you dont verify information before you judge them. Am sure of what am talking about. Your ignorance of the information cannot change the policy in that information. Your insult to the information cannot assult the opportunity. Learn now before you miss all the opportunity of your life. ."
Please make your information public if it is genuine.  I sincerely hope you are not talking about the "World Passport" which is not a legitimate travel document.

I checked the web to see if such a document existed before commenting on your package and to my surprise I could not find anything.  Please direct me to the appropriate link or website and if it is true, why are people not using it?

I seriously doubt that it exists and your posting it here does not mean it is genuine. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.