Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,751 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:53 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (278558 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2009
Slim101, it would help us all if you can give us definate answers, cos there are loads of people looking at ur post all over the world, what do you mean at *Present* does that mean he is based in Nigeria or in the UK? cos this two location are big deals in appeals.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Slim101(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2009
@erico2k2 Thanks for your concern he is based in Naija.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2009
no worries man, if he is based here, he aint gonna be any wiser than urself cos the post gonna take ages to get t you, do you have a sponsor in the UK? byt his I mean, someone nominated by you or ur lawyer to represent you at the hearing? someone with a Uk address, cos they will normally write them and they will get the letters at the required dates
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Slim101(m): 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2009
No I dont. I have actually sent a mail to them at customer.service@tribunals.gov.uk asking about the status of my appeal. I hope they reply mails. And I want to know if it's not innapropriate to make another application while an appeal is still pending.I defferd my admission till Sept. 09.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
OK that's cool, they will reply with all the infos, yes you could re apply why your appeal is going on, but wait a moment, is it not Student Visa you are appealing, I thought they have stopped the right to appeal, or did you get urs refused before the deadline date?,I would recommend you appoint someone in the Uk to be ur sponsor at the hearing cos they would get correspondence fast and easy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Slim101(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2009
Thanks for the info broff. Yes I'm appealing student visa. I dont think they've stopped it when I submited my own application (March 09).And how do I get a sponsor there, a lawyer or just a resident of uk? I dont even have any info on the hearing date yet??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
well don't you have a Pal or family member who can take one day off work to attend your hearing? or are you doing it as paper hearing?, its just that the AIT will post all necessary ifo to him/her and it will be quick and he/she can scan and send you copies
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2009
you will have to call the AIT,give them all ur info ie name,DOB, Ref number and they will tell you exactly wazzup,,look in ur refual letter you will find contacts of the AIT on there.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Slim101(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2009
Thanks Erico2k2. I'll keep u posted. I really appreciate your time in attending to my questions.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
no worries, glad to av been of help.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2009
I  am kappadilly i applied for entry clearance to the UK as a student and i was refuse because the entry clearance officer faulted a large deposit that was paid in my sponsor's account recently and that the account was formaly runing on a considrable lower balance before.

He also said the document i submitted largely stand in isolation as evidence of my sponsors circumstances and commitment but in the absent of other document like income tax certificate which i included.

I appealed early january this year and after so much calls to the AIT they told me the appeal was looked into on the 24th july 2009 as it was a paper case i have called again today they said they have not got the dicision yet. please advice because am a little bit afraid.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Slim101(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2009
@ Kappadily which number exactly are u calling.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
please erico2k2 advice me regarding my last pos
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2009
Yep man I guess you are henry great adding you I hope we will talk there man.rite, thanks for your advice for folamoi, my yahoo addy is miz4oxley@yahoo.com,will send you my number on facebook man,
erico2k2:

@mizfox,I have added you on face book, are you the one with the half Pic on the profile?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2009
I am kappadilly i applied for entry clearance to the UK as a student and i was refuse because the entry clearance officer faulted a large deposit that was paid in my sponsor's account recently and that the account was formaly runing on a considrable lower balance before.

He also said the document i submitted largely stand in isolation as evidence of my sponsors circumstances and commitment but in the absent of other document like income tax certificate which i included.

I appealed early january this year and after so much calls to the AIT they told me the appeal was looked into on the 24th july 2009 as it was a paper case i have called again today they said they have not got the dicision yet. please advice because am a little bit afraid.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
I am kappadilly i applied for entry clearance to the UK as a student and i was refuse because the entry clearance officer faulted a large deposit that was paid in my sponsor's account recently and that the account was formaly runing on a considrable lower balance before.

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2009
@ Kappadilly
he been a busy morning for me as I had to change car tyres lol anyway, you got to mail the determination team, I pasted thier Email up there but here is it again

determinations.team@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
They will be the ones to tell you if POST ANgel Square has sent your determination to BHC Lagos and what the outcome is.They are slow though but mail them still, hope this helps.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2009
erico2k2

Thnaks for you responds, i just want to know how long the Immigration jodge take to make his/her decision after the appeal is heard
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2009
it would take 10 days max but in some instance they tell you the decision(s) unofficially same day,he date is usually reffered to as date of promulgation, dunno if spelt right.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2009
erico2k2

Thanks erico2k2,i called the tribunal yestaday they said my appeal has been heard on the 24th july 2009 and its awaiting the Immigration jodge to give his/her decision as it was a paper case
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2009
kappadilly:

I  am kappadilly i applied for entry clearance to the UK as a student and i was refuse because the entry clearance officer faulted a large deposit that was paid in my sponsor's account recently and that the account was formaly runing on a considrable lower balance before.

My friend, except by miracle, you don't stand much of a chance of winning an appeal of a visa case which was originally refused on the ground of money lodgement. I suggest that you make a fresh application empowered by a credible sponsor with a worthy bank statement showing (at least) six months of genuine transaction details; and if such is not available for you, then forgo this very season and apply after six months time: meanwhile, your "sponsor" should use the period to build up a credible bank statement which must have no obvious or questionable deposit .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
@ kappadilly
keep bugging the, its either they say YEs or NO,whichever case its up to you to think of what the next line of action is, I would suggest you also bear in mind what Vicjustice also said above, you know, there is two sides to one coin.
PS, The worse thing you could ever do when you find urself in a situation is not to DO ANYTHING.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2009
Akolawole,awoll and vicjustice i need your help on these as u are the expert on these forum. i had earlier posted for help regarding my situation but didn't really get a definte answer and would like u to look into this for me. I applied for a working holiday visa before it was scrapped and did win the appeal after the initial refusal. And the BHC did call me and they requested i bring my Employment letter, bank statements for six month and payslip which i had submitted since 26th of may 2009 and i did get a slip for collection on 6th of june 2009 and up till date am still not able to collect it. I was given a number to call to ask for the status of my application and i have mailed them times without number to confirm, the statusand all i get from them is that your Visa is not ready for collection and you might wish to check back in two weeks. i mailed them 2 weeks ago and the response i still got was that we are conducting a check on your application and will get back to you next week. Now am really confuse on what to do as my company is thinking of mailing them to know what the delay is all about and since i will be going for a refresher course soon and will need the passport with the BHC to make application for a visa to south Africa.pls people inthe house what do i do? should i still hold on a little while or write the BHC my self and moreover i don't know what to write cause am confuse or should i withdraw my application? pls i need your suggestion
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2009
Akolawole,sienna, mrpataki awoll and vicjustice i need your help on these as u are the expert on these forum. i had earlier posted for help regarding my situation but didn't really get a definte answer and would like u to look into this for me. I applied for a working holiday visa before it was scrapped and did win the appeal after the initial refusal. And the BHC did call me and they requested i bring my Employment letter, bank statements for six month and payslip which i had submitted since 26th of may 2009 and i did get a slip for collection on 6th of june 2009 and up till date am still not able to collect it. I was given a number to call to ask for the status of my application and i have mailed them times without number to confirm, the status and all i get from them is that your Visa is not ready for collection and you might wish to check back in two weeks. i mailed them 2 weeks ago and the response i still got was that we are We are still awaiting replies to checks conducted on your application. Kindly email us in 2 weeks. Now am really confuse on what to do as my company is thinking of mailing them to know what the delay is all about and since i will be going for a refresher course soon and will need the passport with the BHC to make application for a visa to south Africa.pls people inthe house what do i do? should i still hold on a little while or write the BHC my self and moreover i don't know what to write cause am confuse or should i withdraw my application? pls i need your suggestion and what do they mean by We are still awaiting replies to checks conducted on your application.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 12:41am On Aug 14, 2009
denmzy47:

Akolawole,sienna, mrpataki awoll and vicjustice i need your help on these as u are the expert on these forum. i had earlier posted for help regarding my situation but didn't really get a definte answer and would like u to look into this for me. I applied for a working holiday visa before it was scrapped and did win the appeal after the initial refusal. And the BHC did call me and they requested i bring my Employment letter, bank statements for six month and payslip which i had submitted since 26th of may 2009 and i did get a slip for collection on 6th of june 2009 and up till date am still not able to collect it. I was given a number to call to ask for the status of my application and i have mailed them times without number to confirm, the status and all i get from them is that your Visa is not ready for collection and you might wish to check back in two weeks. i mailed them 2 weeks ago and the response i still got was that we are We are still awaiting replies to checks conducted on your application. Kindly email us in 2 weeks. Now am really confuse on what to do as my company is thinking of mailing them to know what the delay is all about and since i will be going for a refresher course soon and will need the passport with the BHC to make application for a visa to south Africa.pls people inthe house what do i do? should i still hold on a little while or write the BHC my self and moreover i don't know what to write cause am confuse or should i withdraw my application? pls i need your suggestion and what do they mean by We are still awaiting replies to checks conducted on your application.

Most applications that would be turned down do not usually stay so long with the BHC; i mean, it is way quicker to reach a decision for visa refusal than it is with a decision for visa approval. I presume that the office handling your case regards your application as considerable, hence it is taking its time to conduct checks on the application.
   And if you bother about your passport being held by the BHC for so long or you wish to use it for other purposes, you may request that they send you the passport (or any other original document): the BHC already has photocopies of every document you submitted, and they won't have any problem sending the originals to you by registered post or courier while your application is still being processed. The only time they'd ask for your passport again is perhaps, when they'd be ready to issue you a visa.
   If there's any other thing you wish to know about, fell free to ask.
   Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 1:42am On Aug 14, 2009
@denmzy47, hi,

shocked shocked shocked, those people still haven't answered you?! thats strange, i really can't tell what the cause of this unusually long delay might be. but what you should do primarily is pray about this,

did u by any chance submit any document that could jeopardise the entire process?? i got mine a week from when i submitted my passport, and i think i heard someone complaining about this same stuff you r talking about,

or maybe that was you, cheesy cheesy, anyways, i suggest that u pray to God about this, to clear off any delays and obstacles from this path u already are on, and relax for the rest, just send the BHC one short email asking why it's taking so long, and let that be it,

i wish u Godspeed and the best,
take care.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2009
thanks vicjustice and awoll for your response, Do u advice that my company writes them on my behalf or i should just go ahead like u said requesting for my passport and the original copy of my employment letter as i want to use it for another purpose. beside the last time i mailed them the response was that they are conducting a check, if i may ask what other checks do they do, cause they called my company and confirmation was done, also my bank was also contacted which i found out from my account officer during these long delay for statements confrimation.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by stellaaga: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2009
Hello friends,i won appeal case for studentship .i was called and out of excitment i only remebered to bring my sponsors detail and my acceptance of offer letter .
However i could not remember other things i was told to bring.

Kindly assist me if you have idea what one normally go to embassy if you win student appeal case.

thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by stellaaga: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2009
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process
« #2848 on: Today at 01:09:35 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello friends,i won appeal case for studentship .i was called and out of excitment i only remebered to bring my sponsors detail and my acceptance of offer letter .
However i could not remember other things i was told to bring.

Kindly assist me if you have idea what one normally go to embassy if you win student appeal case.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ojodudu: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2009
stellaaga

(1) Sponsors' details/Proof of funds
(2) Recent Unconditional Appointment letter from same uni
(3) Passport

All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kappadilly: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2009
my case was heard by an Immigration jodge on the 24th july 2009 but till now they decision has not been made pls how long do you thing it take for the IJ to give his desicion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.