Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (278648 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2009
i-toro:

FUNKYBABY,ABEG HELEP ME TELL THEM!!

LOL.
Yes sir. I have told them grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Slim101(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
Thanks funkybaby. The lawyer is my friend and he didnt take a dime from me. I am appealing for a student visa and I've been at it since April. I waited this long just to get to the logical conclusion of this paricular application before trying a re-application and they've even not sent mail to me stating reasons for dissmissing my appeal so I'm still in a cross-roads.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Khadie(f): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2009
@ Alabi1; please do not bother to appeal. Reapply now. I am in the same shoes with you, rejected on the 18/09/09 and I have to reapply. I am on scholarship/fellowship and still got my visa refused because the school did not send original letter. This happened to 5 out of 8 fellows from all over Africa. So, I know what I am talking about. If you read Tier 4 guidance, you will see that you don't have a case. Your case will be dismissed eventually after you might have wasted time! Reapply, you are on the wrong and while at it, submit original visa letter and extension date for your resumption if applicable.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by alabi1: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2009
I thank evrybody that give a kind of advice on my ordeal.Moreover,i have agreed to reapply but on my admission letter,d start date is 29th Sept '09,late joining date is 26thOct'09 and end date is 25thMar'11.If i reapply by 16th Oct,won't they used d date on my letter to mean another thing in d embassy?Again,my printed personel bank statement is between Mar 14 to July 29th,2009,Can i used d same statement to reapply?
Thanks for your response in anticipation.

Kind regards,
alabi1.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Khadie(f): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2009
@ Alabi1: I think you should get another bank statement that will show your current fund state. That should not take you more than a day or 2. Get bank statement that will cover you till September ending and with the fund having being there for up to 28 days. Then do you have to wait till the 16th of October b4 you reapply? Do so latest by the 14th and explain to them at the submission centre about the deadline, so they may give you 5 working days to process your visa. And if you are waiting till the 16th because of the original visa letter that will be sent to you. Explain in the "Additional Information" part that the school just sent original letter hence the delay in reapplying etc,  Good luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Ajelolu: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2009
i applied for uk visit visa and i was denied the visa and went for an appeal which took me close to 7 good months but eventually i won the appeal but my sponsor here in Nigeria is no more financially buoyant and his account which i used was the one they insisted that i should bring along with me while coming to the embassy i even tried to take along my cousins account which has more than one million in it but they insisted that i should bring that of my uncle pls what can i do can i change my sponsor ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by alabi1: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2009
i thank evrybody 4 all their advice!in my previous application to UK embassy,i used d letter of transfer frm d bank into my account on 09/092009 but i was denied visa based of non submitting d original visa.pls,i want to know if all my previous document i submitted in my my last application is still valid.though,i'll get an updated bank statement for the new application and original visa.my school has extend my resumption date till Nov29 next month now.should i get new a letter showing letter of transfer into my account and d new letter of sponsorship from d person that sent d money into my personal account?

kinds regards,

alabi1
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Khadie(f): 7:06pm On Oct 15, 2009
alabi1:

i thank evrybody 4 all their advice!in my previous application to UK embassy,i used d letter of transfer frm d bank into my account on 09/092009 but i was denied visa based of non submitting d original visa.pls,i want to know if all my previous document i submitted in my my last application is still valid.though,i'll get an updated bank statement for the new application and original visa.my school has extend my resumption date till Nov29 next month now.should i get new a letter showing letter of transfer into my account and d new letter of sponsorship from d person that sent d money into my personal account?

kinds regards,

alabi1

I am happy your school extended your resumption, hope there is a letter to back it up. You know that they have a new law now that the money must have being held in your account for 28 days before application? So, if that is done, then the letter of transfer, sponsor letter and all the necessary previous doucments you submitted with the first application will do. All the best bro.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by naijaforli: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2009
hello house, please i need ur advice.I applied for settlement visa , i submitted all necessary documents , i mean everything u can think of as refuired by bhc but still i was refused on the ground that my sponsors ()(wife) was low, .I am a professionl and i submitted my own account wioth about 2k pounds as balance and also a fixed deposit of 8k pounds.
i intend to appeal cuz its a breach of right to family,
please advice on what other grounds rto support my claims,
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by soccerkid: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hi Guys, I am new to this site and it seems very helpful, My brother in the Philippines is a full time student and he applied for Visit visa for UK last week Oct. 14, 2009 and He was denied yesterday October 21, 2009. I am currently here in California and my mom is in UK, we havent seen our mom for 8 years and we thought to meet eachother in London this coming Christmas. It's very Heartbreaking but I know we need to comply with their requirements but We are all new to this and Im not sure whether to appeal or just reapply, Any suggestions or advice from you guys will be greatly appreciated. here what the refusal letter says, [color=#006600]"u claimed to be fully supported financially by ur mother in the UK.u are 25 years old and therefore u are above the eligible age to join ur mother as a dependent in the UK. ur only other sibling resides in the united states. u have provided no evidence to support ur family and economic circumstances in the philippines,therefore i cannot be satisfied that this accurately reflects ur personal financial circumstances
doodkiedudz: i recognize that your sponsor propose to bear the cost of your visit .however,the lack of adequate evidence about ur own situation casts doubt as to the true motives behind ur proposed visit to the UK"
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
[/color]
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kinol: 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2009
Dear All

Please I just got a refusal on the ground that I have too much money on my account (1M). I have applied for a visiting visa to be financed by my brother in uk. I 've included my salary account, letter from employer, letter of employment, my stock transaction details net worth about 850k also the said account with 1M. My brother has also supplied all the necessary document required. But the reason for the refusal was that my salary of 45k does not justified my bank statement. I have stated in my application that I have been working for more than six years and I do not have any responsibilities and the 1M balance has been my saving from all source of income (including GBP1000 for ticket from my brother) and also saving toward my MSc in the nearest future.

I am thinking of appealing but I will appreciate your advise on this. Also can my brother do the appeal on my behave in Uk?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by segzeybaba(m): 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2009
how much does your wife earn?

have u appealed against the decision anyway?

goodluck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by NijaDoc1: 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2009
Hi all.
Im am glad to have found this forum, was recommended to me by a firend and i have read through enough of the pages on this thread to see its quite helpful.
I am a nigerian based doctor who was recently refused a visa to the uk. i was supposed to be going to write PLAB part 2 exam in london for 30th november this year.
I applied and was refused because the ECO said:

1. i only supplied an internet printout of the test date confirmation from the GMC and that i should have supplied something on GMC letterhead, now problem is all those i know who have ever applied for the same exam used the same printout for their applications and got the visa. I have already paid fully for the exam(430 pounds).I have mailed the GMC for such but someone told me they never issue such.
2.Second reason was that the person accommodating me in the UK supplied only a copy of his passport(hes a uk citizen),a letter that he will accommodate me and a copy of fone bills, the ECO was unsatisfied with this saying he/she is not sure of the person's circumstances and his ability to acoommodate.
I was given a right to apeal.

My questions are:

what can i do if the GMC refuse to send me any hard copy? and even if they do it might come late, the exam comes up soon.

i dont want to take the appeal option becos it takes time i learnt,can i reapply immediately with the extra documents?

can i appeal and at the same time reapply?

and someone told me about a 'review' what does it entail and will it help my case?

what other documents should my host supply to convince them he can accommodate me?he's an older colleague.

anyways the category was business visitor-PLAB exam.

thanks a lot and your urgent responses will be greatly appreciated, thank you Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ybab: 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2009
NijaDoc1.:

can i appeal and at the same time reapply?

i think its best you reapply.

NijaDoc1.:

1. i only supplied an internet printout of the test date confirmation from the GMC and that i should have supplied something on GMC letterhead, now problem is all those i know who have ever applied for the same exam used the same printout for their applications and got the visa. I have already paid fully for the exam(430 pounds).I have mailed the GMC for such but someone told me they never issue such.
My questions are:

what can i do if the GMC refuse to send me any hard copy? and even if they do it might come late, the exam comes up soon.

reapply using the same printout but this time include the email correspondences between you and the examining body
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ybab: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2009
NijaDoc1.:

2.Second reason was that the person accommodating me in the UK supplied only a copy of his passport(hes a uk citizen),a letter that he will accommodate me and a copy of fone bills, the ECO was unsatisfied with this saying he/she is not sure of the person's circumstances and his ability to acoommodate.

hotel reservation would have been perfect. afterall u are only going there to write exams. you should have used that as a front even if you had plans staying with friends or relatives.

anyway, tell your colleague to give you a copy of his mortgage deeds or tenancy agreement of where he resides. that is the proof ''of his ability to accommodate'' that the ECO is asking for. being a british citizen does not mean he lives in a decent accommodation. their citizens do reside in messed up places.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ybab: 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2009
NijaDoc1.:

anyways the category was business visitor-PLAB exam.

business visitor shocked shocked for PLAB exam

i think you are applying under the wrong cartegory. it should either be general visitor or student visitor but i am 100 percent sure its not business visitor.
in the space for ''supporting statement'' write as much story as possible. about the exams, its relevance to your career back here in naija, state that you have the funds to finance your trip and you will be back in naija once you are done

do all i have suggested and reapply, i can assure you 95percent that you will get your visa. . . . as long as your bank statement is okay. there is no point appealing. waste of time. besides, by the time you get the outcome of the appeal, the exam . . . . say 9months from now will be long be over . . . .

goodluck !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by NijaDoc1: 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2009
Thanks a lot ybab.

i was surprised too at the VAC when they told me i was to fill the business visitor form, in fact they gave me a new form there and then at the VI centre.I had gone there with the academic visitor form fully filled.They went through a lot of checking and checking and came out with the business visitor form and told me to rip the old one!.
Thanbks for the replies. will sure put that into consideration. My host just told me on phone now that he'll courier the tenancy agreement to me by Tuesday.I already mailed the GMC but will call them again in the morning juts to fast track things.
Thanks a lot once again and i hope to come to this forum to give you the good news.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ybab: 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2009
some of the staff at VAC are veryyyyyyyyyyyyy uselesss

next time, tell them point off that u are not using business visitor and that they should leave it like that. after all you are the one applying and not them.

how can they ask u to fill business visitor form for a trip meant for WRITING AN EXAM whoever told you that must be very DUMP AND STUPID.

next time stand your ground and tell them that their job is to advice and not to mandate or force anyone to take their yeye advice. You do this and they will let you be.

they have errorously led many people to make mistakes which resulted in visa denials. nonsense !

So they can give you wrong forms to fill and yet not tell you that mortgage or tenancy deeds is VERY IMPORTANT for a visa application undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by NijaDoc1: 12:08am On Oct 26, 2009
Learnt my lesson!
although what im seeing on the VAC site now says i should have filled the VAF-2 form(employment).

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf2visitors#16003900

now im confused, though that site says i should apply as a business visitor,the form says employment and the other one they gave me to fill was VAF 1C.

i think ill just call the embassy tomorrow to confirm, thanks a lot for your advice its been great.i remain grateful
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by maaabo(m): 12:26am On Oct 28, 2009
It's true, unfortunately GMC doesn't send official confirmation for PLAB 2, until you pass. There used to be a separate PLAB visa, not sure if it is still available with the way the UK constantly keeps changing her immigration laws.
If you could show them the official letter stating that you passed PLAB 1, with your IELTS, that might help. Also, how did you pay for the exam? Confirmation from a UK bank (original) might swing them to your favour. Tell your host to send a official copy of his passport (he can stamp it in a post office), but everything else should be original to give you the best chance. If you defer your coming here, you will not be able to collect a refund from GMC. You have to prove 3 main points, 1, that your host knows you and is willing to cater for you, 2, that he is willing to accommodate you (or you could book a hotel), and 3, that you are able to maintain yourself without recourse to public funds.
It might also be best to get your certificate of good standing once and for all from MDCN, you'll need it when you pass - plus your housemanship certification.
All the best. I hope you have the materials for your exam. cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by NijaDoc1: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2009
Thanks maaabo.
I called the GMC and they made me aware that they dont send official hardcopy confirmations, infact the person i eventually spoke to was surprised at that ground for refusal saying, all their candidates ever use was the email confirmation, i was eventually passed on to someone who told me to print out the 'My GMC' pages containing the test date status, the one confirming pass in part1,the online receipt etc. All these i have done now, i was told by the GMC that those should suffice for any of their high commissions worldwide and that only an ignorant ECO will deny an application with those documents(my paraphrase there).I paid for the exam with a VISA debit card issued by zenith bank so i cant have any bank letters to that effect.
I thought of booking a hotel but i dont want to change much from the previous application, my host just couriered more documents for me today, mortgage papers and more bills(gas, water and BT)in addition to a new letter and a copy of his british passport(which wasnt stamped by any post office, i hope that wont be a prob), if the stamp on the passport thing will be a prob i can easily make a reservation in a hotel with my card, but do you think its a good idea changing residence in a reapplication?i intend to submit the reapplication by monday morning.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2009
NijaDoc1.:

Thanks maaabo.
I called the GMC and they made me aware that they dont send official hardcopy confirmations, infact the person i eventually spoke to was surprised at that ground for refusal saying, all their candidates ever use was the email confirmation, i was eventually passed on to someone who told me to print out the 'My GMC' pages containing the test date status, the one confirming pass in part1,the online receipt etc. All these i have done now, i was told by the GMC that those should suffice for any of their high commissions worldwide and that only an ignorant ECO will deny an application with those documents(my paraphrase there).I paid for the exam with a VISA debit card issued by zenith bank so i cant have any bank letters to that effect.
I thought of booking a hotel but i dont want to change much from the previous application, my host just couriered more documents for me today, mortgage papers and more bills(gas, water and BT)in addition to a new letter and a copy of his british passport[s](which wasnt stamped by any post office, i hope that wont be a prob), if the stamp on the passport thing will be a prob i can easily make a reservation in a hotel with my card,[/s] but do you think its a good idea changing residence in a reapplication?i intend to submit the reapplication by monday morning.

you are good to go.
exclude the part that i have stroked through
the major issue was the mortgage/agency agreement of your host which you did not include. since you have that now, you can go ahead and apply.

best of luck and keep us updated on the outcome
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by NijaDoc1: 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2009
Thanks a lot funkybaby

Application will go in first thing monday morning and i hope to share the goodnews with you soon
thanks all!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by alabi1: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2009
hi!i was shocked to hearing of the closure of visa application centre in Ibadan!what happenened to the centre pls?what is my faith with my application that standstill with the british high commission since 20th of october,2009.how long will a take to get our result?pls,where will i get my passport n my application ref nos is IBAC/201009/036278/1?thank u 4 ur response in anticipation.

Kind regards,

alabi1.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by adexchamp(m): 6:09am On Nov 03, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,Pls i would like to know what happens if i eventually won my student visa appeal which have already been on close to a year now and i get to know that my school is not registered due to the recent changes made by the UKBA concerning colleges and universities in UK,what will really happen next, ?Is is going to affect my appeal causing them to reverse the judgement, pls fill me in guys.THX
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by alabi1: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2009
hi!pls,can anybody give me the meaning of "Inscan at OC" under tracking of UK application status?
Thank you for ur response in anticipation

Kind regards,

Alabi1.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by BABABABA: 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2009
i have a visa letter from a college in London and the qualification that was listed on my visa letter are my Ordinary level qualification and HND qaulification,i told the college i dont want my OND qualification to be listed on the visa letter becos all i ve got as a prove of having an OND qualification from my school is just a notification of result,i was unable to get my OND transcript and certificate.pls what are the implications of showing just O level cert and HND Cert without any prove of OND certificate if i shld go ahead and apply for a student visa under the PBS?pls i need advice
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by graffiti: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2009
hi all
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2009
Hello Everyone, I will like to know the lowest, Minimum One way flight to Heathrow london. please kindly let me know a friend needs It.Thanks will appreciate your concerns.Do you know any school resuming in the UK come january and payment on arrival?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2009
miz4oxley:

Hello Everyone, I will like to know the lowest, Minimum One way flight to Heathrow london. please kindly let me know a friend needs It.Thanks will appreciate your concerns.Do you know any school resuming in the UK come january and payment on arrival?

U can google that very easy or visit ba or klm website.

How do u mean payment on arrival schools in the uk?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
I mean a school where you make payment when you arrive UK or qny school rfesu,ing co,e jqnuqry or februqry§

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (116)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.