Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,953 members, 7,903,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12162745 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10009) (10010) (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) (10015) ... (16463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
shayyverr:
when Barca conceeded 8 goals you know why stergen wasn't criticized? Because he has hia individual brilliance and he makes great saves. You know why kepa is always criticized? Because he has no individual brilliance, you see keepers like stergen win man of the match. The goals scored yesterday weren't mad goals that we would say keepers would hardly save that
He could have saved at least one of those goals. He looks to heavy to dive. I miss uzoho's flair
uzoho's flair grin. Please where and when did he display the flair
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
guy no be fight. at least your fingers no get muscle pull. type your own rubbish less rating. smh people fighting me on top my own rating lol

JohnBullMySon:
this rating is full of emotions and sentiment. Because say we concede 4 goals na im you type all this rubbish abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2020
de gea recently chopped 6 playing for man u so stop giving yourself high blood pressure because Maduka conceded 4 it's football it happens! the same uzoho who's flair you suddenly miss was also chopping so calm down.

shayyverr:
when Barca conceeded 8 goals you know why stergen wasn't criticized? Because he has hia individual brilliance and he makes great saves. You know why kepa is always criticized? Because he has no individual brilliance, you see keepers like stergen win man of the match. The goals scored yesterday weren't mad goals that we would say keepers would hardly save that
He could have saved at least one of those goals. He looks to heavy to dive. I miss uzoho's flair
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2020
jihday:
A journalist with the team said he saw him complaining to one of the backroom staff
Hmmm,Aina on the bench against Algeria,Tunisia and funny enough him and Ebuehi on the bench against Sierra Leone...
Walahi Rohr dey craze.

I can saying it anywhere that Sanusi is not better than Aina.

Ebuehi as RB and Aina LB! Shikena..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2020
me i'm very cool na you dey throw unnecessary sub my way. anyway it's all good pray for better match days

do4luv14:

Ofcos na my biz small thing you want begin para upanda, Oga dey chillax jare,
Even Chuks suppose get 4, for that yeye dribble wey cause first goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2020
chrisooblog:
de gea recently chopped 6 playing for man u so stop giving yourself high blood pressure because Maduka conceded 4 it's football it happens! the same uzoho who's flair you suddenly miss was also chopping so calm down.

Oga Chris chopping goals or not our keepers are very average.

It was glaring yesterday that Rohr is just using eagles to help Maduka .The friendly against Brazil paved way for his contract at Rotterdam and friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia gave him needed break in Rotterdam.

Alloy Ago failed us when we talk about super eagles goalkeeping department.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
uzoho's flair grin. Please where and when did he display the flair

Uzoho was pulling a match of the match performance against Brazil before he was injured e be like say una don forget

Uzoho has rescued us from tight spots especially during the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
shayyverr:
Nawao.. Uzoho on his own, is not even a good goalkeeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2020
I just finished watching highlights as I did not watch the match

Maduka should be catching the second ball that lead to goal tho

He is tall, what is the use of his height then. He should be claiming that ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
oga Kog i'm not saying Maduka is the finished article in terms of being national team goalkeeper. i agree with your second paragraph but it will be too simplistic to say it's only SE that has boosted his career. Sparta Rotterdam is in no way connected to rohr but Maduka has been a featuring for them in consecutive games. yesterday was terrible for everyone including maduka but judge yesterday without any sentiments was he the major reason we have been conceding cheap goals?

yes our goalkeepers are below average but the frequency with which our defense has been conceding goals after the last AFCON is cocerning

Kog45:
Oga Chris chopping goals or not our keepers are very average.

It was glaring yesterday that Rohr is just using eagles to help Maduka .The friendly against Brazil paved way for his contract at Rotterdam and friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia gave him needed break in Rotterdam.

Alloy Ago failed us when we talk about super eagles goalkeeping department.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
mostob:

Uzoho

Ebuehi

Awaziem

Omeruo

Ajayi

Aina (Make Sanusi rest small)

Etebo

Iwobi

Ejuke

Nacho

Dennis.

The formation here is 3-4-3 , but can be modified into 4-3-3 depending on how SL set up with either Awaziem or Ajayi moving into MF.

Anyway, what do I know? I'm not paid to crack my head. It is left to the coaching crew...they can mess this up too. na dem sabi
u nor know ball at all. U dey names players wey nor even dey camp. Uzoho and Omeruo wey nor deh camp Naim you dey call.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

grin
make nbbf go sit down for Bush. If dem face USA now dem go turn to fowl wey nor fit jump make basket.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
jihday:
A journalist with the team said he saw him complaining to one of the backroom staff
rohr is really messing up. Let ebuehi and Aina fight for the right back. Let Kevin fight for CB with balogun, ekong, Omeruo, awasiem and semi. Rohr should stop this nonsense of forcing Kevin as rb down our throat.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
gustav25:

I don't know anything about him or his whereabouts. Sometime ago I came here and seeked his help to burn here to ashes , he ignored me Wholly. Be he or she, I hope he/she is alive and well because this is unlike him not to come pepper you people on occasions like this . He is meant to be here with his averraggge gospel truths , teaching you people the Lord's work
I miss afobear Sha. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
chrisooblog:
oga Kog i'm not saying Maduka is the finished article in terms of being national team goalkeeper. i agree with your second paragraph but it will be too simplistic to say it's only SE that has boosted his career. Sparta Rotterdam is in no way connected to rohr but Maduka has been a featuring for them in consecutive games. yesterday was terrible for everyone including maduka but judge yesterday without any sentiments was he the major reason we have been conceding cheap goals?

yes our goalkeepers are below average but the frequency with which our defense has been conceding goals after the last AFCON is cocerning

I got your point Sir....yes we have serious issues with our defense and I want to point it out that it is time to pair Balogun and Awaziem and let see how it goes,Balogun is aging and time for young Awaziem to learn from him. I never rate Ekong and Chelsea really messed development of Omeruo up,

I don't know how Akpoguma would fair as CB with Balogun.Semi Ajayi belonged to the same class with Ekong.I want to see Adarabioyo coming in if truly he has committed to Nigeria,also Jordan Torunarigha and possibly Iorfa jnr.

Do we really need to be complaining about our wings back with Ebuehi,Aina,Collins and Sanusi..capital NO.

Time for Rohr to put sentiment apart and give us a good team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Uzoho was pulling a match of the match performance against Brazil before he was injured e be like say una don forget

grin, the same Brazil match we all watched abi. If na like that. Maduka should be man of the match during Tunisia game. Both maduka and uzoho are average, but maduka's development rate is better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Uzoho was exposed in our Afcon qualifying match against Libya, reason why he lost his spot to Akpeyi in the competition proper. You can't say he has always been reliable.

Aina was Terrible in those games too. He lacks assertiveness, that's why I always hammer him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2020
kellycute:
rohr is really messing up. Let ebuehi and Aina fight for the right back. Let Kevin fight for CB with balogun, ekong, Omeruo, awasiem and semi. Rohr should stop this nonsense of forcing Kevin as rb down our throat.
Kelly,honestly Rohr just need to go back to the drawing board cos he is losing it.

I remember dropping Aina to the bench for Collins who was just coming from injury at Afcon showed how Rohr thinks about his players.The same Collins is on the bench for Sanusi.I can bet it with anyone that Sanusi signing for Porto paved way for him if not Collins would have been a preferred choice.

How on earth would a coach benched Ebuehi and Aina,one with world cup experience and other with Afcon experience and still playing in top league for average Akpoguma for God sake.

I have made up mind that with Rohr I don't see Eagles emerging as a team to reckon with globally.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Uzoho exudes confidence. He knows how to command his backline, how to shout on his players. Guy made crazy saves against Brazil and Ukraine. Remember the save that gave him his injury?

Uzoho and Maduka are still almost the same age. However, Uzoho has the experience of a much older player. Remember his game against Tunisia in AFCON? Commanding. Uzoho is our African Allison Becker.

I still believe he has what it takes to be one of the best goalies in Africa in coming years.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2020
elunico:

Uzoho was exposed in our Afcon qualifying match against Libya, reason why he lost his spot to Akpeyi in the competition proper. You can't say he has always been reliable.

Aina was Terrible in those games too. He lacks assertiveness, that's why I always hammer him.

A player is as good as his last game. Compare Uzoho's last SE game, Akpeyi's last, and Maduka's last. If not for Uzoho, Brazil would have given us at least 3 in first half alone.

Uzoho is a goalie that posts MOTM performances. Can't say the same for Maduka or Akpeyi.

Also, Balogun and Awaziem should be our two CBs for now. Rohr should never make a player play 90 mins and 3 positions at the same time. How Sanusi played LWF, LWB, and LB simultaneously for 90 mins still shocks me. That is human wickedness on Rohr's part.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
do4luv14:

Yeah, last time I chatted him here, said he needs a Job, hope he is OK though,

But Oga you no dey taya?

Charly , tire e be why ?
My Black stars are hunting teams down while your super chickens are getting turned to Barbeque. Allow me digest this meal properly ( After all them hype them players )
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
gustav25:

Charly , tire e be why ?
My Black stars are hunting teams down while your super chickens are getting turned to Barbeque. Allow me digest this meal properly ( After all them hype them players )
you mean black stars of GH sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
Pinnick To Super Eagles: You Must Go To Freetown And Beat Sierra Leone By At Least 4-0 11 November 14, 2020 1:59 p

NFF president Amaju Pinnick said the only way the Super Eagles can appease football fans in the country is to go to Freetown and beat Sierra Leone 4-0 in the return leg of the 2021 AFCON qualifiers on Tuesday, Completesports.com reports. The Eagles shockingly surrendered a four-goal lead to draw 4-4 against the Leone Stars. Speaking to the players inside their dressing room, Pinnick described it as the worst result he has experienced as NFF chairman.

“I will say it the way it is in my heart and the heart of so many Nigerians. The truth is that we can’t be leading 4-0 against Sierra Leone and concede four goals for no reason,” Pinnick said in a video with the players published on the Super Eagles YouTube channel. “Since I became the NFF president this is the worst result I’ve seen in my life. Next few days I wonder how I’m going to sleep. It’s not because of losing or we won’t qualify for the Nations Cup, it’s certainly because this is towards the end of the year, you know the passion and love Nigerians have for this game. “It’s football, it can go either way but what happened to us? Were we complacent? Were we so comfortable that we were leading 4-0 and all of a sudden the goals start coming in? At the end of the day nobody is going to call your name, it’s the coach and Amaju Pinnick. That is the truth. Unfortunately he is not the one on the pitch. I saw the reaction of your captain after they score the fourth goal and I shed tears for the first time in a long time.

“That spirit of competition is not there anymore, to me that’s the truth. I’m not the coach but if I’m the coach there are some people that will not come to the team again and that’s the truth. “Nigeria has 200 million people and should consider ourselves privileged playing for the national team. It hurt all of us I cannot think of anything else because we put in a lot, I did a check list, the flight, the immigration, custom, everything, just to make sure that everything goes seamlessly.

This is Nigeria, it is a big country. We don’t wake up playing Sierra Leone, you wake up playing Brazil, you wake up playing Argentina, you wake up playing Senegal. “If it was just a scoreless draw, it would have been a different ball game, from the defence to the midfield off, also the attack. If there is anything that will make us be that proud footballing nation, it’s for us to go to Sierra Leone and beat them 4-0. “It’s not just winning, winning is an understatement, it’s to make sure we give them that 4-0 and make sure they don’t score even one, that is the only thing we will do from the blast of the whistle till the end of the game.” Pinnick further added:”I’m bothered about our ranking, I’m bothered about so many things that possibly you people are not bothered about we take the blame everyday. I sat down to look at the check list, call the secretary, call the team doctor everyday, I’m the president but I took charge because of the importance of this game to you and to Nigerians. I’m very pained, I’m very emotional now.

“When I was coming to meet you I was told to cheer you up I said no I can’t cheer you up and remain pained, let us suffer the emotion together I won’t cheer you up, not anymore. I’ve told you and I mean it, I will see your coach and there are somethings we are not going to accept anymore. “The beauty about falling down is resurgent enough to bounce back. Bounce back in a grand style because what you have done is that you have given them confidence that Nigeria is beatable. “We must go to Freetown and beat them at least four goals so that they will know truly the Eagles have landed. So we should double our effort and go to Freetown and win that game by 4-0 because it is very symbolic so that they will know that what happened in Nigeria was a fluke.”

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
pls
Who is MR AMAJU referring to in the last paragraph
Musa I guess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
grin, the same Brazil match we all watched abi. If na like that. Maduka should be man of the match during Tunisia game. Both maduka and uzoho are average, but maduka's development rate is better.

Maduka did not make half the saves Uzoho made against Brazil and the bolded is pure fallacy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Maduka did not make half the saves Uzoho made against Brazil and the bolded is pure fallacy
Na bias dey blind your eye. Uzoho made only two moderate saves in that match, even the rebound Brazil used to score was from the bar. And yes maduka's development is better than uzoho, or is it not the uzoho we know?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2020
jihday:

In as much as Aina has his fault, Rohr has been absolutely unfair to him since he joined...I can agree that his exclusion from the world cup squad was fair, but after that world cup, he should have gotten more chance with the team...Instead,Shehu was being preffered at RB.... The height of it all was dropping him at the AFCON for Collins who just came back from injury...
If Rohr think Aina isn't good enough,he should stop calling him up...He should stop wasting his time . Aina could be in London right now preparing for Fulham next game rather than being left on the bench for makeshift players..

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2020
Kog45:
Kelly,honestly Rohr just need to go back to the drawing board cos he is losing it.

I remember dropping Aina to the bench for Collins who was just coming from injury at Afcon showed how Rohr thinks about his players.The same Collins is on the bench for Sanusi.I can bet it with anyone that Sanusi signing for Porto paved way for him if not Collins would have been a preferred choice.

How on earth would a coach benched Ebuehi and Aina,one with world cup experience and other with Afcon experience and still playing in top league for average Akpoguma for God sake.

I have made up mind that with Rohr I don't see Eagles emerging as a team to reckon with globally.
exactly. It is either rohr is afraid of some players or he is clueless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
Truth be told, Rohr may not get fired because there’s simply no replacement. Sad state of affairs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
kellycute:
make nbbf go sit down for Bush. If dem face USA now dem go turn to fowl wey nor fit jump make basket.

D'tigers facing USA is equivalent to the super eagles facing any of France,Spain,Belgium or Portugal...Can we hold our own against them?

By the way, the NBBF has been performing much better than the NFF when it comes to team selection.

Trust me,our squad for the Olympics, both men and women will be star studded...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Truth be told, Rohr may not get fired because there’s simply no replacement. Sad state of affairs

That's not true.. Rohr himself was barely known before he got the job...The NFF can still go to the market and get another low budget foreign coach
I think the real problem is money.. If they sack Rohr,they will have to pay him his outstanding salary and compensation which would run into millions of naira..
failure to do that can attract strong sanction from FIFA..
Zimbabwe were banned from taking part in the 2018 world cup qualifiers because they couldn't pay their former coach his wage....the same could happen to us...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2020
kellycute:
they are better than the Super eagles. Hope you know they are currently ranked 23

(1) (2) (3) ... (10009) (10010) (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) (10015) ... (16463) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho, GMBOFASIA and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.