Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,019 members, 7,915,954 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12218510 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) ... (16501) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:54pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

When you make a statement like this, then it explains why the debate is futile. If you believe the defences in Ligue 1 are stronger than those in the EPL, then I rest my case.

defences in the EPL and in the Spanish league which ones are better?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55pm On May 29, 2017
As I said before Judge Nacho after his run of games.

Ligue 1 defences stronger than the EPL. Indeed people do not fear God.
undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:56pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Looollll... But you overhype Mbappe naa dont you... Looolll

I have watched Mbappe more than enough... But you guys just choose to see what you just wanna see...

Mbappe in Ligue 1 is never on same class as Nacho in the EPL....

Nacho don't have quick feet? Looollll.. It's okay really... Hahahahahahahahaha...

You have refused to answer my question on the quality and competitiveness of both leagues (ligue 1 and EPL).. so plss speak no further...

Nacho has quicker feet than Mbappe?? Yet I'm the biased one?? Lmaoooo ok ooo.
No some of you guys have been trying to discredit Mbappe on here calling him overhyped and what not even when City were willing to pay 36m for him despite not even playing up to a tenth of league football.
But I'm the biased one ooo...not even when you disagreed that G Jesus would bench Nacho when he arrived. Some of you guys don't want to admit the massive impact G Jesus has had since he came in.
Oh well...fact remains fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:56pm On May 29, 2017
Mickael2:

defences in the EPL and in the Spanish league which ones are better?

The EPL defences are harder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 29, 2017
Ehm, I do not think Mbappe is better than Kelechi. At least give the guy a chance at a run of games first. But, nonetheless... Considering most points here are about the 'almighty epl defense'.
Btw, City reportedly made a 130m bid for Mbappe. And old Ibra still did it against the mighty epl defense.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:57pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Which league is easier for Martial to dominate? The hype Martial came with from Monaco is dead in the EPL. He is not more than average in the EPL but was a big hype in France.
Martial played better in the epl in his first season than his last season for Monaco true or false??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:57pm On May 29, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha... you didn't speak of regular naa... why do you just wanna dodge the question...? cheesy

Even South Korea have world class players... looollll

Bosnia also have... does that make their league super? Sweden have produced world class players... how awesome is their league?

Mehn... just answer the question...

edi287:

MLS and Iranian league regularly churn out world class players?? Name 5 they have produced in the last 10 years. I wait.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:58pm On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
On another day, at another time... it is still you what will come up and say... "Don't judge with just one game or one match-up"

They faced off in the UCL... and one team won over two legs... that is different from league football... come on Michael... don't bend the rules just to suit your argument....

So if An Iranian club beats Barca in the Club world cup... it means Iranian league is better abi... I just dey laugh... Na u suppose dey fear God pass... cheesy

they won them over two legs. One match is different, two matches is another thing entirely, they were better. Until a team from Iran achieves that feat you can't use that as an argument, a team like Villonevesse or something like that once held Barca in the first leg, the very next leg was a 6-1 demolition. If it was a one-off match, that team could have won on penalties so one games aren't really enough for me to judge but 2 legs? Come on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On May 29, 2017
edi287:

No some of you guys have been trying to discredit Mbappe on here calling him overhyped and what not even when City were willing to pay 36m for him despite not even playing up to a tenth of league football.
But I'm the biased one ooo...not even when you disagreed that G Jesus would bench Nacho when he arrived. Some of you guys don't want to admit the massive impact G Jesus has had since he came in.

The point never changed. Nacho is deadlier in the box than Gabby. It showed in the games we played. Gabby makes repeated glaring errors. However, Guardiola's philosophy embraces Gabby's pattern.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:59pm On May 29, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The EPL defences are harder.
I give up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:00am On May 30, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahaha... you didn't speak of regular naa... why do you just wanna dodge the question...? cheesy

Even South Korea have world class players... looollll

Bosnia also have... does that make their league super? Sweden have produced world class players... how awesome is their league?

Mehn... just answer the question...

I didn't say regular?? You called Ligue Un a farmers league na.. I could also say you meant it was barely above MLS and the Iranian league since you said they produce world class players as well.
Ligue Un produces more world class french players Tha. Epl produces English players...true or false??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:00am On May 30, 2017
And I missed the 1000th page. Oh well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:01am On May 30, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The point never changed. Nacho is deadlier in the box than Gabby. It showed in the games we played. Gabby makes repeated glaring errors. However, Guardiola's philosophy embraces Gabby's pattern.
Nacho is a better finisher, fine. Has Gabriel Jesus made a massive impact since he came to city or not?? Is Nacho a better player than Jesus...Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:02am On May 30, 2017
bataderemi:
Ehm, I do not think Mbappe is better than Kelechi. At least give the guy a chance at a run of games first. But, nonetheless... Considering most points here are about the 'almighty epl defense'.
Btw, City reportedly made a 130m bid for Mbappe. And old Ibra still did it against the mighty epl defense.
ma today City begin dey drop ridiculous price for European talent?

Dem go waste 50 mill on top Sterling and Stones, I can't put anything past them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03am On May 30, 2017
edi287:

Martial played better in the epl in his first season than his last season for Monaco true or false??

No need running in circles. Someone posted goals scored in each league and it is clear it is easier to score goals in the Ligue 1 than the EPL. Finito. Bye bye.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:04am On May 30, 2017
safarigirl:

My point is that Pep rates him, people here have been saying he wouldn't start at City. Who pays 130m to put someone in the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:04am On May 30, 2017
What impact has Gabby J had? Really... what??

He taps in goals and you call that impact? Looollll

He starts not because he is better but because Pep doesn't rate Nacho.... Nacho is goals himself... and Pep complains about goals... what a hypocritical statement from Pep... cheesy

Nacho has quick feet... I didn't say than Mbappe... I am only saying he does have because you pointed out that he doesnt...

The true balance of qualities between both players will show that Nacho and Kylian are not so far apart at all... but you guys are saying "Nacho doesn't touch Kylian on a lot of skillsets and traits".

Now that is super bias.

Fact is You giving an honest answer to the question of which league is of better quality and competitiveness.... Ligue 1 or EPL??

Nacho has done it in the EPL... banged in 10 league goals before age 20... Martial never achieved that. Rashford is still trying to reach it... Nacho sits in the same company as Rooney, Owen and a few More (not more than five)...

And you bring Ligue 1 stats to rival that.... Fear God Man... cheesy

edi287:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05am On May 30, 2017
safarigirl:

I hope we do not spend that ridiculous sum on Mbappe. It is insane. Instead we should put a 150 million bid on Neymar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:05am On May 30, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

No need running in circles. Someone posted goals scored on each league and it is clear it is easier to score goals in the Ligue 1 than the EPL. Finito. Bye bye.
Than why is Martial scoring more in his first season?? Please explain that? Is it maybe because he is a talented player who would score regardless of the league he's playing in or not?,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:06am On May 30, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
What impact has Gabby J had? Really... what??

He taps in goals and you call that impact? Looollll

He starts not because he is better but because Pep doesn't rate Nacho.... Nacho is goals himself... and Pep complains about goals... what a hypocritical statement from Pep... cheesy

Nacho has quick feet... I didn't say than Mbappe... I am only saying he does have because you pointed out that he doesnt...

The true balance of qualities between both players will show that Nacho and Kylian are not so far apart at all... but you guys are saying "Nacho doesn't touch Kylian on a lot of skillsets and traits".

Now that is super bias.

Fact is You giving an honest answer to the question of which league is of better quality and competitiveness.... Ligue 1 or EPL??

Nacho has done it in the EPL... banged in 10 league goals before age 20... Martial never achieved that. Rashford is still trying to reach it... Nacho sits in the same company as Rooney, Owen and a few More (not more than five)...

And you bring Ligue 1 stats to rival that.... Fear God Man... cheesy

What impact has Gabriel Jesus had?? Go and ask Pep. Lmaoooo Gabriel Jesus hasn't made an impact...ok oooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06am On May 30, 2017
Did I use the word "farmer's"... you must be mistaking me for someone else...

I have been dropping one question all night dammit... angry

Ohhhhhhh... which kain back and forth be this sef.... angry

Bia Sir Edi... no lemme vex oooo.... angry

Ligue 1 is not in the same class as the EPL... yes or no

edi287:

I didn't say regular?? You called Ligue Un a farmers league na.. I could also say you meant it was barely above MLS and the Iranian league since you said they produce world class players as well.
Ligue Un produces more world class french players Tha. Epl produces English players...true or false??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:08am On May 30, 2017
edi287:

in defence of the EPL, I doubt any other league has produced world class English players. Na English players no dey be world class, no be the league fault grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:08am On May 30, 2017
Pep that doesn't wanna let Nacho go without a buyback clause and yet won't play him... is that I should go ask? A coach who is about selling one of Europe's most lethal forwards yet he complains about Goals??

Come on man... I will pass... I will rather go talk to Dr Q to get more info on my next science project.... cheesy

edi287:

What impact has Gabriel Jesus had?? Go and ask Pep. Lmaoooo Gabriel Jesus hasn't made an impact...ok oooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08am On May 30, 2017
edi287:

Than why is Martial scoring more in his first season?? Please explain that? Is it maybe because he is a talented player who would score regardless of the league he's playing in or not?,

Maybe some players created more chances for him but the debate ended when the leagues scoreboard showed that the Ligue 1 defences are easier.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 12:09am On May 30, 2017
Mickael2:

I give up

Only Barca, madrid defenders and Godin and maybe some few others are the real threat for a very good striker, the premier league has top defenders scattered in the top 8 teams and beyond look at someone like fonte languishing in Sunderland or where self
Someone like Savic cannot start for Leicester self

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:10am On May 30, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Pep that doesn't wanna let Nacho go without a buyback clause and yet won't play him... is that I should go ask? A coach who is about selling one of Europe's most lethal forwards yet he complains about Goals??

Come on man... I will pass... I will rather go talk to Dr Q to get more info on my next science project.... cheesy

Does that change the fact G Jesus is a better player?? Pep wanting a buy back clause means he's a better player than G Jesus?? Then why did he sign G Jesus in the first place if Nacho is better and is rated higher??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:11am On May 30, 2017
safarigirl:
in defence of the EPL, I doubt any other league has produced world class English players. Na English players no dey be world class, no be the league fault grin
Loool I agree with you on that one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12am On May 30, 2017
Didn't even sew the last question...

but what kinda question is that sef?

Are you saying the EPL do not produce world class players??

Whether English and non-english??

Lampard... Gerrard... Rio Ferdinand... Steve McManaman... David Beckham.... Paul Scholes... Michael Owen... Ian Rush... Kenny Dalglish... Kevin Keegan... I can go all night Baby!!! cheesy cheesy

So now answer my question dammit!!! angry

Ligue 1 over the EPL or the EPL over ligue 1... which one??

edi287:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:12am On May 30, 2017
safarigirl:
I dedicate this post to madam confun, bros denniece, danycrusoe, AIG07 and our many wonderful pop in and pop out contributors

*modified*

This post is especially dedicated to maidaboi, who, though anticipated this epic page, couldn't make it. Big up yourself cheesy wink
it was a miracle ooh...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:13am On May 30, 2017
bataderemi:

My point is that Pep rates him, people here have been saying he wouldn't start at City. Who pays 130m to put someone in the bench.
Pep is a bald-headed continentalist idiot who was exposed for the fraud he is in the EPL. Pep can have G Jesus, Neymar and Mbappe on his team and he still won't win jack.

That says a lot of his eye for talent grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:13am On May 30, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Did I use the word "farmer's"... you must be mistaking me for someone else...

I have been dropping one question all night dammit... angry

Ohhhhhhh... which kain back and forth be this sef.... angry

Bia Sir Edi... no lemme vex oooo.... angry

Ligue 1 is not in the same class as the EPL... yes or no

Do we see world class players from Ligue Un, Yes or No? Answer my one first na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:13am On May 30, 2017
edi287:

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't prove he's more talented than Mbappe. Mbappe is better than Nacho. Only a "patriot" would think otherwise.

Mbappe is a freak of nature, he is a boy built like a man. But when it comes to putting the ball in the net and creating goals, Nacho is truly on another level.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) ... (16501) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: COOL10(m), soetanoreoluwa(m), Odunayaw(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.