Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,466 members, 7,968,297 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12543511 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10206) (10207) (10208) (10209) (10210) (10211) (10212) ... (16750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
12large1:

I think he will be a solid Bench player for Aribo, etebo or Iwobi until he proves himself. Honestly, the guy looks like our most impressive midfielder on "Youtube" but thats just YouTube. Leta see how he performs for 90 Minutes. For now, with the likes of Aribo, iwobi and Ejaria, Midfield creativity is the least of our problems. We need DM (back ups for ndidi) and some solid CB.

SE strength - strikers, Creative midfield, Wingers and fullback

SE weakness - CB.

Our best formation due to our strengths vs weakness should be a 352 attacking and 532 defending (my tuppence)

How could you say our weakness is CB and then suggest we use 3 CBs grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
Subzero047:

How could you say our weakness is CB and then suggest we use 3 CBs grin

More reasons to protect the defense since its our weakness and capitalize on our Wingers/Fullbacks and Strikers.

Its also a more balanced team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
12large1:

More reasons to protect the defense since its our weakness and capitalize on our Wingers/Fullbacks and Strikers.

Its also a more balanced team

This your logic sef grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
Subzero047:

This your logic sef grin

Don't underestimate 352 boss, its a balanced formation because you can be solid at CB, Midfield, wings and Upfront. Your RWB and LWB conditioning needs to be astute because the sort of fitness level needed for that formation is crazy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
12large1:

Don't underestimate 352 boss, its a balanced formation because you can be solid at CB, Midfield, wings and Upfront. Your RWB and LWB conditioning needs to be astute because the sort of fitness level needed for that formation is crazy

3-5-2 is a negative formation, there not much creativity in the middle because the midfielders are trying to plug the gaps created by the overlapping wing backs, it is not possession based and usually relies on cross and nod

Rohr has used it several times because we don't have good enough midfielders but now we have a good midfield I see no need for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Subzero047:

3-5-2 is a negative formation, there not much creativity in the middle because the midfielders are trying to plug the gaps created by the overlapping wing backs, it is not possession based and usually relies on cross and nod

Rohr has used it several times because we don't have good enough midfielders but now we have a good midfield I see no need for it

It depends on who you're playing against and how you use your Rwb and Lwb. If you're playing against an inferior opponent, you can use Traditional wingers as your RWB and LWB while if you're playing against superior opponents like Brazil, you can use full backs as your RWB and LWB. I dont think its a negative formation just use it correctly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
12large1:

It depends on who you're playing against and how you use your Rwb and Lwb. If you're playing against an inferior opponent, you can use Traditional wingers as your RWB and LWB while if you're playing against superior opponents like Brazil, you can use full backs as your RWB and LWB. I dont think its a negative formation just use it correctly

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation trumps 3-5-2 anytime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
Subzero047:

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation trumps 3-5-2 anytime

It depends on your opponents but let's agree to disagree boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Peak123: 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
terzurum5:
"The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era (The Next Golden Generation)".
Bet now on www.naijabet.com

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Believe me when I say CIV wouldn't even survive our own firepower quick enough to be able to make theirs count. We are just better and that cannot be overlooked.

CIV didn't have an inept Rohr but didn't go as far as Rohr did with Nigeria at the last major tournament. Not saying Rohr is great. Bit he did outdo CIV's so called "competent mind". wink

They don't match us in attack on the overall. We are better. In midfield, we are better.

Central attacking options. NGA >>>> CIV. Their first choice is not even better than Nigeria's Third choice.

Wing options. NGA = CIV.

Midfield. NGA >>>> CIV

Defence. NGA = CIV.

GK (Last line of defence). Their own dey TP Mazembe or so... We have two fine stoppers in Europe playing regularly. He may be experienced but ours are young and talented. But if we talking experience vs experience... Then maybe Akpeyi of Kaizer Chiefs can be brought up. grin

IMO man for man we are on paper stronger than today's CIV. But our Super Eagles as a team are less than the sum of its parts. When that is resolved we will be a very fearsome team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

He was right, 4 Nigerians, not 5. Onomah is English, he is not needed. Like someone rightly said last year, if Onomah applies for change of nationality, the NFF should reject it, dude is below par
Lol I said it but he can still improve, till then though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

He was right, 4 Nigerians, not 5. Onomah is English, he is not needed. Like someone rightly said last year, if Onomah applies for change of nationality, the NFF should reject it, dude is below par
Whether NFF accepts him or not, he's still a Nigerian. Welcome back after your self imposed hiatus. Glad to announce that insulting and fighting have been reduced to almost zero during your absence, so therefore (according to Fela), behave o, mon ami, Le Grand Roi himself grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
Can't wait to see Josh Maja play for Fulham

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

That team raped us several times, don't forget that angry

just twice:

one in 2006, the other in 2008 which was our worst Afcon performance since the 70's. And it amounted to nothing BTW.

When it mattered most we beat them in 2013 en route to winning the Afcon.

welcome back BTW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

I swear down! Please who was that guy that made this comment, tell him my Ivorian babe owes him a hot kiss kiss

Here is the post Chris... Sept.19, 2020.

Karlovich:
Should Josh Onomah apply for switch to Nigeria, the nff should reject it, dude is crap

This guy nailed it! Drove it home! An absolute screamer. One of my Contenders for the Comment of the year 2020.

Oya bring your Ivorian babe for am...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

Ogbeni..where u go all dis wyle undecided undecided undecided?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

He will bless you too bro. I will appreciate a photo of you in that khaki

grin very soon bro...very soon cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
Off topic....

Here's our basketball group for the Olympics..

Thesupernerd, Bascovanveli and there basketball lovers,how far?
Shey we are going to the promise Land or it's on God? grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I agree it is.

because if I break it down... Then we have the true picture.

CB options: We look kinda matched. CIV would throw in Boly and Bailly from the EPL. Nigeria would throw in Akpoguma and the incoming Jordan from the Bundesliga + Semi Ajayi in the EPL. Game on! grin

Other options: They have Diomande, Traore, Deli etc... mostly in Ligue 1 + Belgian league..

Nigeria's other options has: Awaziem from Portugal, Incoming Tosin from Fulham, Ekong of Watford, Balogun of Rangers.

LB options: None of the Ivorian LB/LWB options trump Zaidu. Be it Cornet or Ghislain Konan.

Felix Agu of Bremen is an option when we land him. Calvin of Rangers, Collins and Chima Okoroji are also there.

RB options: They have Aurier and Singo. We got Aina, Ebuehi (one of the best RBs in the Eredivisie) and Ehizibue in the Bundesliga.

So conclusively, I may say we are kinda both matched in defence overall or just slightly stronger depth-wise.

Apt... so apt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
Dude creates chances with some bit of ease. The highest number of big chances created in the 20/21 Championship so far is 9. Player is Harvey Elliot of Liverpool on loan at Blackburn.

Ejaria sits on 5 big chances created.

In the assists table of the EFL, Olise and Elliot lead with 8. Ejaria is on 5.

He also averages 1.5 key passes per game and was up there last season in creating most chances via through passes. He has a knack for threading deadly through passes even against a clustered defence to set up teammates or split a defence's deep block.

So this is what he brings. Would he walk straight into our first XI? It depends on the personnel available. Ejaria can play in Aribo's position and also fit into Iwobi's shoes if need be. So he is a very decent quality option to have.

chrisooblog:
Guys with the switch of Ovie Ejaria confirmed by Pinnick how do you think he will fit tactically into our set up? what qualities does he have that you feel we currently lack? would walk straight into our starting XI?

would appreciate the house's expert opinion.

cc Goodjoe, Supernerd, Charlesemeka, Andrewbaba44, Icon, Chriskels, Jihday, Tbaba and anybody else.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
I was sooooo gonna post this but was distracted for a bit. Lol

Mehn... USA again for our Ladies. France too is formidable but I think we can hold our own against them. Japan will be humbled. Mehn... Gonna be tough but we can pull something out with our crazy team spirit mixed with the mad talents we got. We are the best in Africa.

For the guys, Australia will always be a force in Men's BBall. But our guys too na Werey team. They can shock you! Lol
I wanna see who emerges as the other two sides we face.

Omo, this Olympic we gat go there and leave it all on the court per game. We can go far enough if we build on the World Cup showings.

Danielnino00:
Off topic....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I was sooooo gonna post this but was distracted for a bit. Lol

Mehn... USA again for our Ladies. France too is formidable but I think we can hold our own against them. Japan will be humbled. Mehn... Gonna be tough but we can pull something out with our crazy team spirit mixed with the mad talents we got. We are the best in Africa.

For the guys, Australia will always be a force in Men's BBall. But our guys too na Werey team. They can shock you! Lol
I wanna see who emerges as the other two sides we face.

Omo, this Olympic we gat go there and leave it all on the court per game. We can go far enough if we build on the World Cup showings.

The key to performing well at the Olympics will definitely rest on getting more good players from the NBA and NCCA..
Right now,we can easily assembly a starting 5 of NBA players for the men team if we can get some of these guys..

With the basketball team,I'll definitely not miss the football team too much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
really tough group USA mission impossible, Japan home advantage, France one of europes best teams. Overall I'm backing D'Tigress to do something special

Danielnino00:
Off topic....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

Arakunrin yi, bawo ni o ṣe n ṣe?
Google is amazing!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Etebo and Onyekuru are both in the starting lineup for their match against Istanbul Basaksehir .

Azubuike Okechukwu also in the starting lineup for basaksehir wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
Etebo and Onyekuru are both in the starting lineup for their match against Istanbul Basaksehir .

Azubuike Okechukwu also in the starting lineup for basaksehir wink

Exciting battle ahead. Etebo vs Zubby.

Nice to see Zubby back. Someone should please find Idennaa grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
Transfer News

Meanwhile... Junior Pius join Sint-Truiden on loan from Royal Antwerp till the end of the season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Onyekuru goal grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Henry oyekuru with a bang

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

Arakunrin yi, bawo ni o ṣe n ṣe?

grin grin grin

Ore!! No wa o. Ki lon shele now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
damagnificentusb:
Henry oyekuru with a bang

Damn it! This guy is unbelievable. Starting to look like he was made for Galatasaray and Galatasaray for him.

He never felt at home in France. This may be why he was sceptical about moving there in the first place, but Everton had to force him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by UncleHaba22: 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Onyekuru dey do am oo

E dey sweet me cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10206) (10207) (10208) (10209) (10210) (10211) (10212) ... (16750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.