Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,457 members, 7,968,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 10:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12543204 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10208) (10209) (10210) (10211) (10212) (10213) (10214) ... (16750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:35am On Feb 03, 2021
nice interview Moffi sounds like a humble lad.
charlesemeka85:
Five goals in the last five matches, Terem Moffi is the revelation of the New Year in the whole of France.

The powerful FC Lorient striker (six goals in all this season) scored and delivered an assist against PSG on Sunday (3-2) after he only came on with half an hour to the end of the match.

The kid from Calabar, Nigeria, will be very important in his club’s survival in Ligue 1 this season.

Growing Up

Terem Moffi: “Like everyone in Nigeria, I started playing football in the streets, before entering an academy, at the age of 11. It was then that I knew I had a chance to become a professional footballer. My father was also a football player. I was good, but I was not the best. “

Exile At 17

“I got admission to a school in England at the age of 17, thanks to football. I never thought it would be possible. It was a big dream coming true.

“It was nevertheless difficult to leave my country for a distant country. I was very young, I did not know life, I was all alone… But I should not think of the past, rather of the future. I had to do it.

“I chose this life, I wanted to succeed in football. In life, you shouldn’t stay in your comfort zone, but you have to look for things. Take risks.”

Discovering Lithuania

Why Lithuania (he signed for Kauno Zalgiris in 2017)?

“Because that was the only option I had! I didn’t know anything about this country. I went to Google to see what it looked like, the food, the culture.

“The first days were difficult. The cold… (he stops and blows) The cold was completely unknown to me. It was hard to adapt. People did not speak English. But I adapted and I did well.

“All in all, I loved my stay there. The people were lovely to me. When they start to adopt you, you almost become a member of their family.

“Also, I’m the type who likes to test things. I enjoyed the food, the culture… ”

His Rise

“Sometimes I can’t believe my eyes when I tell myself that this all happened in less than three years. By the grace of God, it all happened very quickly. Lithuania, Belgium (six months in Kortrijk), now L1 and Lorient. It’s incredible!

Lorient And Ligue 1

“My debut in France was not easy (he arrived in Lorient in September). I would say Ligue 1 is two levels above Belgium.

“I had to adapt to the style of play, to the opponents, to progress physically and tactically. But I feel better now, my mind is cleared and things are coming.

“When things were wrong, I would talk to my father, my mother, who would say to me, “This will come. Do not stress. Think about making yourself happy and just play soccer.

The weight of the transfer (8 million euros)?

“No, I don’t think about it at all. It’s a lot of money, but in my head, in the field, that doesn’t count. It could be 500,000 Euros, 1 or 2 million Euros, it would be the same for me.”

Personal Highlights

“In Lorient, it was the match in Nice, when everything fell into place (2-2, end of December). I played well, the team too, I scored, confidence has returned.

“In my career? Probably when I scored 20 goals in Lithuania. I was all the time in the news.

“The Belgians came to get me, many clubs were interested in me. It opened the doors for me.”

Life In Lorient

“My family here are my partners (smile). We spend a lot of time together: Wiss’ (Wissa), Trevoh (Chalobah), Grbic, “Armando” (Laurienté). We see each other all the time, we have fun, we relax at one or the other’s place, we watch movies, we play cards… Do we cook? No (laughs). We have a chef who takes care of us… ”

Religion

“I am Christian. I believe in God. It is he who gives me everything I experience every day, the strength, the power to do things.

“I don’t go to mass here in Lorient, but I follow church service on the Internet, online service.

“Before and during matches, I pray to God, to give me strength and guide me on the pitch, to lead us to victory. I have no particular superstition.”

National Team

“I haven’t heard from the coach. But if the opportunity arises, I would be extremely happy to represent my country. “

He scored 20 goals last season in Lithuania
His Future

“Like any footballer, I dream of playing for top clubs. But now, I am focused on Lorient. “

Football In Nigeria

“Soccer is the most important sport in Nigeria. When the national team plays, the country stops. Everyone is in front of their TV. I wouldn’t say it’s a religion, but everyone loves football back home.”

His Inspiration

“I grew up watching Jay-Jay Okocha, Obafemi Martins, Nwankwo Kanu, then Victor Osimhen play. I watch him play a lot, we played together (with Golden Eaglets), he’s a real example.

“Otherwise, I am very often compared to Romelu Lukaku, but I am far from his level! Otherwise, I love Didier Drogba, especially when he was playing for Chelsea. I am also a big fan of Robin Van Persie. He was the best, for me. “

Adapted from ouest-france.fr

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 03, 2021
12large1:

Don't underestimate 352 boss, its a balanced formation because you can be solid at CB, Midfield, wings and Upfront. Your RWB and LWB conditioning needs to be astute because the sort of fitness level needed for that formation is crazy

If you've actually watched the time closely the team use 3-5-2 when the team is actually clueless or against a very tough opposition this is a conservative pattern from rohr
But when we are ready to play to the team full potential then 4-2-3-1 is employed I doubt we will be seeing 3 man back line again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 03, 2021
ChrisKels:

With Rohr at the helm, we go chop am pass. Tell me how we gonna withstand that firepower and brutal defensive set up with an inept coach who develops cold feet at every mention of a big name, and he can't for once think outta the box

We are better than civ in all ramifications both in players and tactics astuteness....no long caps bro
But sometimes this doesn't really goes along way I remember a small team that beats us in the last afcon group stage match....was it because they had better than us ..no even ndidi alone worth more than the whole team but the team plays passionately and very composed they actually won against our indiscipline side
Between the nig and civ discipline and composure will actually a big role in the match
No clear better team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 03, 2021
12large1:

I think he will be a solid Bench player for Aribo, etebo or Iwobi until he proves himself. Honestly, the guy looks like our most impressive midfielder on "Youtube" but thats just YouTube. Leta see how he performs for 90 Minutes. For now, with the likes of Aribo, iwobi and Ejaria, Midfield creativity is the least of our problems. We need DM (back ups for ndidi) and some solid CB.

SE strength - strikers, Creative midfield, Wingers and fullback

SE weakness - CB

SE weakness is not the CB role at least we are kinda having a decent back line but the team weakness is actually composure and indiscipline take a look at the last match ....throwing a 4 goal lead is the real definition of indiscipline am happy with the coach decision to axe some players out of the team ....if we have a team with great composure and discipline then the sky is our limit
As regards to ndidi backup I bet azzez is his perfect back up there has been transition from physical role of a DMF to a technical role of a DMF that's why a tuchel will prefer jorginho as a DMF and kante as a CMF cos the evolution of DMF is not more about jam body but making with your present felt in that middle role with insightful passes and high technical play which include ability for you to dictate the pace of the game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Subzero047:
Hassenhuttle will be having pstd of that 9-0 Leicester thrashing grin

You na winch oo! Just like you said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nigeria national teamer Josh Maja has been allocated a shirt number after completing a deadline day move to English Premier League club Fulham, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.

The Bordeaux loanee will be sporting the number 27 jersey if he steps out on to the Craven Cottage turf this evening against Leicester City.

Manager Scott Parker is mulling over whether to name him in the squad following his arrival in London on Tuesday.

Fulham's number 27 shirt has previously been worn by Cameron legend Pierre Womé, who started against Nigeria in the final of the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations and won the tournament again with the Indomitable Lions in 2002.

The jersey has also been used by Whites icon Danny Murphy, Jonathan Greening and Zat Knight in the past.

Maja wore the number 20 in his final season with Sunderland, had the number 17 when he joined Bordeaux in the second half of the 2018-19 campaign before switching to number 9 the following season.

If he's given a run-out against the Foxes, it would be his Premier League debut after making appearances in the Championship and League One, scoring 16 goals in 41 appearances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
ChrisKels:

Water dun find e level grin
This man came back with violence grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
chrisooblog:
Guys with the switch of Ovie Ejaria confirmed by Pinnick how do you think he will fit tactically into our set up? what qualities does he have that you feel we currently lack? would walk straight into our starting XI?

would appreciate the house's expert opinion.

cc Goodjoe, Supernerd, Charlesemeka, Andrewbaba44, Icon, Chriskels, Jihday, Tbaba and anybody else.
hold up! Not so fast

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
yeah saw that this morning but why is it that Nigerian officials always give conflicting answers? This same Pinnick was quoted by Punch newspaper saying Ejaria has been cleared

jihday:
hold up! Not so fast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Subzero047:

I meant provisional captain like Mount was for Chelsea the other day, he's a long way from being the main captain
Nigerian politicians no do reach this one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Chidera Ejuke bagged an assist for CSKA in their 3-1 friendly win over Real Murcia today.

The Russian League returns for the second half of the season as from the 26th of February.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Iheanacho Aina lookman adarabioyo

All starts ,Fulham vs Leicester

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
When I said laporte is not a player pep will bench that my guy Dey doubt me because of stones good form and Dias also won’t be dropped

Laporte started last game as stones was rested and some others , now pep is forced to use 3 CB grin

Stones has done so well this season he had to improve because him bench don really long

Stones didn’t start 6 consecutive games at man city for 3 seasons that should tell you how bad he has been till this recent good form

Las las pep no bias

#fraudiola#
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Please o, shey na when season end, Musa go join Westbrom?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Iheanacho Aina lookman adarabioyo

All starts ,Fulham vs Leicester

Iheanacho should take his chance. This is an opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
BBC highlighting the importance of our World Class Ndidi to Leicester's cause.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Terem Moffi starts for Lorient

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nacho scores

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
Great nodding by Iheanacho. Hope he kicks on from here.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
Iheanacho scores for Leicester

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 7:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Iheanachoooooooooooolll grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
Osimhen is on the bench against Atalanta
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
Iwobi starts for Everton

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Gundogan has turned to Kdb in the absence of kdb

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lovely turn from nacho there

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
These commentators love to overhype Man city even when they are not playing well

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Man city player traps a ball, Commentator: Look at how he trapped the ball with a 360 degree spin, Pep Guardiola is a genius undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
Emmanuel Dennis starts

Arokodare on the bench

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
I pray Leicester should make the champions league this season

If arsenal fails to make the champions league I don’t wanna are anybody come here and say top 6 English teams and include arsenal

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Will fraudiola win the epl this season ?

Where are those people that said mancity might not make it to the champions league grin

Funny set of people blinded by sentiments

You see Chelsea and co you no talk of them na mancity cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
Iheanacho is a far better player to ayoze perez

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
Emmanuel Dennis with a goal

My boy no wan gree self grin

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10208) (10209) (10210) (10211) (10212) (10213) (10214) ... (16750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), zicky(m), JorgedeToledo and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.