Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,635 members, 7,914,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12212238 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10298) (10299) (10300) (10301) (10302) (10303) (10304) ... (16496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Friday03: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2021
JayromWrites:

if Frank Onyeka flopped, I'm sure Ajayi also flopped as a DMF the last time he played

To say Semi Ajayi flopped is to put it nicely, trust me, that guy was a disaster as a DMF.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Like I told someone on twitter sometime ago as regards Tomori, the new rule says a player must have played in not more than 3 official games (excluding WC or Tournament finals) for a nation before he turned 21 to be considered "still eligible" for a switch.
Tomori made his England debut at age 21 yrs 10 months and 29 days. So Tomori was already 21. Although he has just one cap I think.

Also, I think he still fancies with chances with England. Afterall, he is doing it for AC milan which is a bigger club than Fulham will ever be. If Tosin at Fulham can still be harboring hopes of an England call-up then how much more Tomori who is seeing gametime at AC Milan in Serie A.

To answer your other questions on Lookman, Ejaria and Toru. Let me drop this....

These are the list of lads whose overall switch processes are still being held up for now:

- Kingsley Ehizibue (Passport issue)
- Ademola Lookman (Final FIFA Clearance + Passport)
- Nathan Tella (Passport process)
- Ovie Ejaria (Final FIFA Clearance + Passport)
- Jordan Torunarigha (Final FIFA Clearance + Passport)

And now...
- Michael Olise (passport process specifically).

So we wait on these. Hopefully Olise will be first in through the door then the others follow.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. No yawa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2021
Peter olayinka with an assist as slavia prague lead rangers by one bill.
Peter olayinka perhaps underrated
Slavia prague underrated

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Apart from Ndidi, ajayi is the our next DMF, rohr invited onyeka he floopped his chance, same with tijani,esiti quite sad yunno and about azubuike rohr doesn't rate him...he needs to do something extra ordinary to be considered so right now we stick with Ndidi and ajay
Onyeka and TiJani did not flop, both are better options to Shehu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2021
Amad Diallo is so proud of his Ivorian heritage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
Subzero047:
Amad Diallo is so proud of his Ivorian heritage
Honestly I would be if my other choice was Italy lol...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:14am On Mar 12, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Like I told someone on twitter sometime ago as regards Tomori, the new rule says a player must have played in not more than 3 official games (excluding WC or Tournament finals) for a nation before he turned 21 to be considered "still eligible" for a switch.
Tomori made his England debut at age 21 yrs 10 months and 29 days. So Tomori was already 21. Although he has just one cap I think.

Also, I think he still fancies with chances with England. Afterall, he is doing it for AC milan which is a bigger club than Fulham will ever be. If Tosin at Fulham can still be harboring hopes of an England call-up then how much more Tomori who is seeing gametime at AC Milan in Serie A.

To answer your other questions on Lookman, Ejaria and Toru. Let me drop this....

These are the list of lads whose overall switch processes are still being held up for now:

- Kingsley Ehizibue (Passport issue)
- Ademola Lookman (Final FIFA Clearance + Passport)
- Nathan Tella (Passport process)
- Ovie Ejaria (Final FIFA Clearance + Passport)
- Jordan Torunarigha (Final FIFA Clearance + Passport)

And now...
- Michael Olise (passport process specifically).

So we wait on these. Hopefully Olise will be first in through the door then the others follow.

Sweet! I reckon all of these switches will be done by WC qualifiers. We're gradually getting there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Anytime I see Sanusi excelling at Porto, It gives me inner joy. To see a Nigerian born and raised excelling at one of the biggest EU club is just astonishing and if Pinnick was doing his job properly, we would see multiple Sanusi at the best clubs instead of Chasing all these "ENGLISH Rejects" like an Olosho. BTW, how was England able to switch declan rice process in less than a year but it's taking us many years get our English rejects

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 6:56am On Mar 12, 2021
Subzero047:

Fear women, that kid is not up to 15 years
that is why he should fear her even more. It is her word agaisnt his word when kasala burst.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:31am On Mar 12, 2021
Subzero047:

Fear women, that kid is not up to 15 years

How do u know? I see no parent or guardian in sight
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:07am On Mar 12, 2021
Copied this from a January post on Mirror UK. How things change quickly smiley. But I won't be at rest till I see Olise turning up in our colours.

At 19, Michael Olise has the world at his jinking feet.
Qualified to play international football for four nations – England,
France, Nigeria and Algeria – one way or another, the Reading
playmaker looks destined for the top.
As the country of his birth, England hold the trump card.

And his younger brother Richard has already been capped at
schoolboy level by the Three Lions.
France were first to pick up the phone, inviting him to play for
their Under-18s at the renowned Toulon festival – a proven
melting pot of excellence for tomorrow's stars – two years ago.
Olise's mother is French, so he had no hesitation in accepting the
offer from Les Bleus.
And with African roots, he is not spoilt for choice when it comes
to passports. Blue is the colour for Brexit , but it's not a foregone
conclusion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

How do u know? I see no parent or guardian in sight

Does that mean she's not around that age grin reconcile the words on that cardboard with the face then you'll know how old she is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:48am On Mar 12, 2021
Subzero047:

Does that mean she's not around that age grin reconcile the words on that cardboard with the face then you'll know how old she is

Yes it does. She will not be allowed back where the players are unless she is an adult or is with one.
Anybody could have written that. For starters she is Spain where English is obviously not the first language. So we are not expecting Shakespeare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:10am On Mar 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Yes it does. She will not be allowed back where the players are unless she is an adult or is with one.
Anybody could have written that. For starters she is Spain where English is obviously not the first language. So we are not expecting Shakespeare.

What about the picture suggests that she's not with a guardian, because the guardian is not in the picture? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2021
12large1:
Anytime I see Sanusi excelling at Porto, It gives me inner joy. To see a Nigerian born and raised excelling at one of the biggest EU club is just astonishing and if Pinnick was doing his job properly, we would see multiple Sanusi at the best clubs instead of Chasing all these "ENGLISH Rejects" like an Olosho. BTW, how was England able to switch declan rice process in less than a year but it's taking us many years get our English rejects
It's easier to switch from Ireland to England?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:21am On Mar 12, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Copied this from a January post on Mirror UK. How things change quickly smiley. But I won't be at rest till I see Olise turning up in our colours.
This kid is a baller. What a coup this will be if we get him. We need creative midfielders!! Tosin can get lost for all I care...we have the numbers at CB to get by.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32am On Mar 12, 2021
The Chukwueze-Super Fan linkup happened again after yesterday's game. He gave her his jersey. grin

You can keep the talks coming. grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22am On Mar 12, 2021
Subzero047:

What about the picture suggests that she's not with a guardian, because the guardian is not in the picture? grin

That is what I should be asking u since u are the age doctor undecided

So the guardian just happens to take her to meet a player and not get in the picture So na only her like better thing ba. This is Spain we are talking about. If she is a minor u will definitely see her guardian in the picture. Not because they are the guardian but because they would also want a picture with a player from their club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
The Chukwueze-Super Fan linkup happened again after yesterday's game. He gave her his jersey. grin

You can keep the talks coming. grin

Subzero047 aka age doctor, come and show us her parents grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
Friday03:

To say Semi Ajayi flopped is to put it nicely, trust me, that guy was a disaster as a DMF.

No be ajayi play him self there

Dude is a central defender

Blame rohr and leave the dude

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
edi287:

Honestly I would be if my other choice was Italy lol...

That’s you

90 percent of Nigerian won’t because maybe they are playing for a big club like man united grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

So the guardian just happens to take her to meet a player and not get in the picture So na only her like better thing ba. This is Spain we are talking about. If she is a minor u will definitely see her guardian in the picture. Not because they are the guardian but because they would also want a picture with a player from their club.

Ok Guardian doctor grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Sir I thought the picture was taken in Kyiv, Ukraine and not Spain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
edi287:

It's easier to switch from Ireland to England?
It was easier because the English FA facililitated the process by expediting some requirements. If the NFF wants a player change of nationality, they need to hurry up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2021
Meanwhile,Patrice Motsope is the new CAF president....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2021
Yep. Patrice Ntate Motsepe.

Now the first Anglophone-Speaking CAF President. Hoping his next four years yield good tidings especially for Women's football.

Meanwhile, The Vice Presidents are :

1st Vice - Augustin Senghor (Senegal)
2nd Vice - Ahmed Yahya
3rd Vice - Souleiman Waberi
4th Vice - Fouzi Lekjaa (Morocco)
5th Vice - Amaju Pinnick (Nigeria)

I understand Pinnick also goes into the FIFA Council as Africa's Rep or one of Africa's reps on the council.

Danielnino00:
Meanwhile,Patrice Motsope is the new CAF president....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
Simy Nwankwo starts for Crotone in today's early pre-weekend Serie A fixture away at SS Lazio at the famed Stadio Olimpico.

Can Simy add to his league goals count of 10 goals (+1 assist) in 19 starts (26 games) so far?

This will be his 20th league start and 27th game overall.

Game kicks off in 10 mins.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Now the first Anglophone-Speaking CAF President. Hoping his next four years yield good tidings especially for Women's football.

2nd Vice - Ahmed Yahya

I understand Pinnick also goes into the FIFA Council as Africa's Rep or one of Africa's reps on the council.

They should just cancel this system of regional qualification in youth football. That is my only concern.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nomyth:

They should just cancel this system of regional qualification in youth football. That is my only concern.
There won't do that, the current CAF president is from Southern African.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

2nd Vice - Ahmed Yahya

Pinnick should represent us and Africa in general well. he should be the second Nigeria holding that seat.

I can't forget in a hurry during the tenure of Amos adamu when he keep threatening Nigeria with FIFA ban when things are not going his way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
Simy score for crotone

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
The answer is Yes he can.... And yes he did. wink

Simy up to 11 serie A goals now.

TheSuperNerd:
Simy Nwankwo starts for Crotone in today's early pre-weekend Serie A fixture away at SS Lazio at the famed Stadio Olimpico.

Can Simy add to his league goals count of 10 goals (+1 assist) in 19 starts (26 games) so far?

This will be his 20th league start and 27th game overall.

Game kicks off in 10 mins.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10298) (10299) (10300) (10301) (10302) (10303) (10304) ... (16496) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Neobulletzz(m), Hanibal(m), Mujtahida, lovewins and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.