Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987587 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10336) (10337) (10338) (10339) (10340) (10341) (10342) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2021
smartsmith0907:

,truly there was a point nacho wasn't doing too well...that's normal everyone world class player have had these moment but as fans we are meant to support these players not body shaming them or bully them,I remember a moniker calling him pig mouthed nacho I mean that bad and I have never seen nacho having a bad game as far SE is concerned.
Was very poor at the world cup sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
The guy has already heard all this and has taken correction. Now can you all stop this because it's getting too much. Too much correction is cyber bulling as well.

Like he said, we are in a free country, and anybody should be allowed to say what they wish of a situation. It is constitutionally guaranteed.

Do not assume that people who quote him are aware that he has received major backlash.

They can, like me, have just jumped to Page 1000-something, and seen the vile things he has said about Kelechi, and decided to post their own impressions of it.

Anybody feeling cyberbullied, should feel free to log out, unfollow this page, or do what they need to do to avoid the cyberbullying. The internet is an unforgiving space and surely never forgets. That is why people are advised to watch what they say on it.

Thanks for holding brief for Curtis though, I'm sure he appreciates the support.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Camp Update

11 players in so far...

▶️ William Troost-Ekong
▶️ Ola Aina
▶️ Semi Ajayi
▶️ Henry Onyekuru
▶️ Oghenekaro Etebo
▶️ Ahmed Musa
▶️Adekunle Adeleke
▶️Chidozie Awaziem
▶️John Noble
▶️Anayo Iwuala
▶️ Shehu Abdullahi

Pic 1: Awaziem

Pic 2: Adekunle Adeleke

Pic 2: John Noble (The Taller one) and Anayo Iwuala (Lads just landed today after helping Enyimba secure an away win in the league vs Sunshine Stars earlier today. A win that stretches Enyimba's unbeaten league run to 9 games now - 6Ws + 3Ds).

Aww, look at my Awi Bobo, still looking as fresh as today's cake loaf.

These Enyimba guys are the freshest local players I have seen in the Super Eagles in a long time, I hear they pay them well sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
safarigirl:

These Enyimba guys are the freshest local players I have seen in the Super Eagles in a long time, I hear they pay them well sha.

And she returns... Finally. Welcome back after a long while, My Darling Safari... cool

P.S: Absence hasn't dampened her eagle eyes for fresh bobo in the Eagles. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Players still expected:

- SeniorMan Kels AKA The Alien Kid (Kelechi Iheanacho).
- Wilf the Midfield Octopus (Wilfred Ndidi)
- The Naija Robben+ (Samuel Chukwueze)
- The Naija Road Runner (Zaidu Sanusi Mage)
- The Superboy (Francis Uzoho)
And
- The Monster Machine (Victor Osimhen).

Thunder fire corona that wanted to deny us of our stars. Welcome guys... Time to disgrace Benin Republic and Lesotho.

Thank you Nerdie for the updates. Always looking up to your camp news and gists. God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Super Eagles Camp Update

- Maduka Okoye, The "German Wall".

- Jamilu Collins (in specs) cool

- Leon Balogun, The Dean of Defence.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
safarigirl:

Welcome back Safarigirl. This absence na really wa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Camp Update

11 players in so far...

▶️ William Troost-Ekong
▶️ Ola Aina
▶️ Semi Ajayi
▶️ Henry Onyekuru
▶️ Oghenekaro Etebo
▶️ Ahmed Musa
▶️Adekunle Adeleke
▶️Chidozie Awaziem
▶️John Noble
▶️Anayo Iwuala
▶️ Shehu Abdullahi

Pic 1: Awaziem

Pic 2: Adekunle Adeleke

Pic 2: John Noble (The Taller one) and Anayo Iwuala (Lads just landed today after helping Enyimba secure an away win in the league vs Sunshine Stars earlier today. A win that stretches Enyimba's unbeaten league run to 9 games now - 6Ws + 3Ds).

Doctor,pls na RMD born Awazem ni cos the resemblance too much o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kog45:
Doctor,pls na RMD born Awazem ni cos the resemblance too much o.

... grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
Former Leeds United striker Noel Whelan is urging Super Eagles target Michael Olise to consider a summer switch to Marcelo Bielsa's side amid reported interest from Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Olise has proven himself to be one of the most prolific creators in the EFL Championship, clocking up ten assists in 36 appearances for Reading.

The multi-eligible midfielder, whose style of play has been likened to Glasgow Rangers star Jose Aribo, has recorded 65 first team appearances for the Royals since making his professional debut in March 2019.

Whelan is convinced that Leeds United can beat Tottenham Hotspur Arsenal and Liverpool to the signature of the playmaker because he would get playing time at the Whites.

Speaking to Football Insider, Whelan stated : "You look at the style of play, the way we bring young players through. The fact that Kalvin Phillips has broken into the England squad – all this.

"The fact that we’ve got a great team ethic, relationship and bond between the players, you can see that. Why would you not want to?

"We’re talking about big clubs, Leeds is a big club. Tottenham are too but Leeds United are a [expletive] huge club. It could be massive.

"It’s about the progression of his career. Right now, I think even if you had two, three years at Leeds United, that will be beneficial to him. That experience, game time, regular football, to showcase what you’ve got to offer."

The 19-year-old was placed on the Super Eagles standby list for the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers and is also eligible to represent France and England internationally.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=100121509]

And she returns... Finally. Welcome back after a long while, My Darling Safari... cool

P.S: Absence hasn't dampened her eagle eyes for fresh bobo in the Eagles. ;[/quote,,]My baby Lawyer safarigirl must show up cos her clean super eagles guys don dey land o... Ebuehi,Maduka,Ekong,Iwobi,Aribo,Aina,Semi,Awaziem,remain Balogun and Osimehn...safari has turned eagles to fine bobo team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
The Benin Football Federation have finally announced a 24-man roster for the Squirrels 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Nigeria.

An analysis of the roster revealed that three goalkeepers, eight defenders, eight midfielders and five attackers have been summoned by manager Michel Dussuyer .

Former West Brom and Sunderland striker Stéphane Sessègnon, scorer of Benin's goal against the Super Eagles in November 2019, has made the group, although he has been without a team for more than six months.

Half of the Benin players currently play their trade for French clubs including Dijon goalkeeper Youssouf Assogba and Evian defender Emmanuel Imorou.

In the race for Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, Benin are second in Group L with seven points, one less than their next opponents Nigeria whom they face at Stade Charles de Gaulle in Porto-Novo on Saturday, March 27.

The Benin squad is as follows :

Goalkeepers: Saturnin Allagbé (Dijon/France), Fabien Farnolle (Sidama Cofee/ Ethiopia), Marcel Dandjinou (JDR Stars/South Africa)

Defenders: Youssouf Assogba (Amiens/France), Séidou Barazé (SC Shiltigheim/France), Khaled Adenon (USAvranches/France), Moïse Adilèhou (Breda/Netherlands), Cédric Hountondji (Clermont/France), Yohan Roche (Rodez/France), David Kiki (PFC Montana/Bulgaria), Emmanuel Imorou (évian TGG/France)

Midfielders: Jordan Adéoti (Annecy FC/France), Mattéo Ahlinvi (Nîmes/France), Jérôme Agossa Bonou (Djoliba AC /Mali), Sessi d’Almeida (Valenciennes/France), Rodrigue Kossi (Club Africain/Tunisia), Anaane Tidjani (Menemenspor/Turkey), Cebio Soukou (Arminia Bielefeld/Germany), Stéphane Sessègnon (unattached)

Forwards: Jacques Bessan (Olympique Béjà/Tunisia), Jodel Dossou (Clermont/France), Marcellin Koukpo ( CR Belouizdad/Algéria), Steve Mounié (Brest/France), Michaël Poté (Bandirmaspor/Turkey)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
[quote author=Kog45 post=100122174][/quote]

Oga Kog, hope life has been treating you well.

Omo, na Rohr dey call up fine boys O, na just people like me be beneficiary. God works in mysterious ways.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:51am On Mar 23, 2021
Abraham Ayomide Marcus has scored again for feirense last night. This winger keeps impressing me

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Amedino99:
Hey guys
Since omeruo and Sadiq are missing the game due to covid concerns by their club, won't that also affect chukwueze or has a replacement been called for chukwueze

Chukwueze will be available

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:45am On Mar 23, 2021
safarigirl:

Like he said, we are in a free country, and anybody should be allowed to say what they wish of a situation. It is constitutionally guaranteed.

Do not assume that people who quote him are aware that he has received major backlash.

They can, like me, have just jumped to Page 1000-something, and seen the vile things he has said about Kelechi, and decided to post their own impressions of it.

Anybody feeling cyberbullied, should feel free to log out, unfollow this page, or do what they need to do to avoid the cyberbullying. The internet is an unforgiving space and surely never forgets. That is why people are advised to watch what they say on it.

Thanks for holding brief for Curtis though, I'm sure he appreciates the support.
True.

Nairaland is crazy mehngrin. This is why I rarely use my old account to post in any forum, since it has my original name. I'm just afraid of posting something that would bring problems for me in the future. The fact that your name might be googled and your comments on nairaland would easily pop up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:55am On Mar 23, 2021
charlesemeka85:
The Benin Football Federation have finally announced a 24-man roster for the Squirrels 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Nigeria.

An analysis of the roster revealed that three goalkeepers, eight defenders, eight midfielders and five attackers have been summoned by manager Michel Dussuyer .

Former West Brom and Sunderland striker Stéphane Sessègnon, scorer of Benin's goal against the Super Eagles in November 2019, has made the group, although he has been without a team for more than six months.

Half of the Benin players currently play their trade for French clubs including Dijon goalkeeper Youssouf Assogba and Evian defender Emmanuel Imorou.

In the race for Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, Benin are second in Group L with seven points, one less than their next opponents Nigeria whom they face at Stade Charles de Gaulle in Porto-Novo on Saturday, March 27.

The Benin squad is as follows :

Goalkeepers: Saturnin Allagbé (Dijon/France), Fabien Farnolle (Sidama Cofee/ Ethiopia), Marcel Dandjinou (JDR Stars/South Africa)

Defenders: Youssouf Assogba (Amiens/France), Séidou Barazé (SC Shiltigheim/France), Khaled Adenon (USAvranches/France), Moïse Adilèhou (Breda/Netherlands), Cédric Hountondji (Clermont/France), Yohan Roche (Rodez/France), David Kiki (PFC Montana/Bulgaria), Emmanuel Imorou (évian TGG/France)

Midfielders: Jordan Adéoti (Annecy FC/France), Mattéo Ahlinvi (Nîmes/France), Jérôme Agossa Bonou (Djoliba AC /Mali), Sessi d’Almeida (Valenciennes/France), Rodrigue Kossi (Club Africain/Tunisia), Anaane Tidjani (Menemenspor/Turkey), Cebio Soukou (Arminia Bielefeld/Germany), Stéphane Sessègnon (unattached)

Forwards: Jacques Bessan (Olympique Béjà/Tunisia), Jodel Dossou (Clermont/France), Marcellin Koukpo ( CR Belouizdad/Algéria), Steve Mounié (Brest/France), Michaël Poté (Bandirmaspor/Turkey)
Seems they have their own NON PLAYING CAPTAIN as well.

I wonder if this match will be on television?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Alex Iwobi, Joe Aribo and Leon Balogun have landed.

Number now up to 14.

▶️ William Troost-Ekong
▶️ Ola Aina
▶️ Semi Ajayi
▶️ Henry Onyekuru
▶️ Oghenekaro Etebo
▶️ Ahmed Musa
▶️Adekunle Adeleke
▶️Chidozie Awaziem
▶️John Noble
▶️Anayo Iwuala
▶️ Shehu Abdullahi
▶️Alex Iwobi
▶️Joe Aribo
▶️Leon Balogun

How Nacho will enter Super Eagles camp. cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JorgedeToledo: 8:35am On Mar 23, 2021
jihday:
Why? You wan go murd them? lipsrsealed undecided

Just asking bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JorgedeToledo: 8:35am On Mar 23, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
My papa house. You wanna see them wink ?

Just being curious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JorgedeToledo: 8:36am On Mar 23, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Eko hotel Victoria island Lagos cool

Thanks a lot bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12am On Mar 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

How Nacho will enter Super Eagles camp. cool

Especially to chants of SeniorMan!!!!

Ndidi: SeniorMan don land, make way!!!

Iwobi: SeniorMan!!!

Aribo: SenorMaaan!! **in his british accent**

Balogun: Is it okay if I join in to call him that? Seniorman welcome.

Other players in camp join in: SeniorMan!! Welcome oooo... Anything for the boys? grin

Nacho: No wahala... Thank you all very much. I get bread and Akara for all of you.

Ndidi and Nacho then proceed to their rooms like...

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41am On Mar 23, 2021
Super Eagles' Camp Update

The Super Boy has landed. Francis Uzoho.

19 players now in camp.

▶️ William Troost-Ekong
▶️ Ola Aina
▶️ Semi Ajayi
▶️ Henry Onyekuru
▶️ Oghenekaro Etebo
▶️ Ahmed Musa
▶️Adekunle Adeleke
▶️Chidozie Awaziem
▶️John Noble
▶️Anayo Iwuala
▶️ Shehu Abdullahi
▶️Alex Iwobi
▶️Joe Aribo
▶️Leon Balogun
▶️Jamilu Collins
▶️Maduka Okoye
▶️Tyronne Ebuehi
▶️Ebere Paul Onuachu
▶️Francis Uzoho

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Omo... Just help me ask Smartsmith0907 bcoz me sef don almost tire for the mata. He also insists it's just a matter of time.

My source gives me similar info so I just keep patient.

Nah to dey patient be koko......if nah to drop 50k for immigration that one nah small matter but the fact is the player will be applying for the Visa online what NFF can do to support is helping them with local/state ID and guarantor which they're on it ..... it easy for Nigerians to enter immigration and get it but it not easy for people in UK to get cos it doesn't involve naija immigration but the office of the high commissioner to UK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2021
jihday:
Was very poor at the world cup sha

Oh really if he is that poor I wonder what ighalo will be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2021
Now the number is up to 20.

The Naija Road Runner and only Nigerian player left in UCL 20/21, Zaidu Mage Sanusi has landed.

▶️ William Troost-Ekong
▶️ Ola Aina
▶️ Semi Ajayi
▶️ Henry Onyekuru
▶️ Oghenekaro Etebo
▶️ Ahmed Musa
▶️Adekunle Adeleke
▶️Chidozie Awaziem
▶️John Noble
▶️Anayo Iwuala
▶️ Shehu Abdullahi
▶️Alex Iwobi
▶️Joe Aribo
▶️Leon Balogun
▶️Jamilu Collins
▶️Maduka Okoye
▶️Tyronne Ebuehi
▶️Ebere Paul Onuachu
▶️Francis Uzoho
▶️Zaidu Sanusi

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 23, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

You have valid points though. There is a lot of self torture, bullying on social media, truth be told social media can cause depression, mental illness etc through bullying and even self torture which comes with comparing people to one's self. That is why I like nairaland because it is anonymous, you might even be yabbing your papa, mama, pikin, wife, friend, sibling etc without ever knowing grin cheesy . Nobody fit know say I dey my workshop with my saw and hammer now while some of my juniors are balling and showing off on LinkedIn, Facebook etc.

Naso my brother ..... anonymity on nairaland is top notch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2021
The Four still being expected...

All Sure Starters/Top Key Players.

- Seniorman Kels AKA The Alien Kid (Kelechi Iheanacho)

- Wilf the Octopus (Wilfred O. Ndidi)

- Samu the Naija Robben+ (Samuel Chukwueze)

And

- The Monster Machine (Victor Osimhen)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:27am On Mar 23, 2021
Lagos-based Naija Manchester Utd Fans when Iheanacho show face for Airport.... grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2021
elyte89:

No passport booklet in d country @ d moment.. I av applied for it with d same amount 4 almost two months now..no show yet.. D man assisting me said no booklet @ d moment..but I knw say with runs and knowing higher person in d organization.. One will get it unofficially smiley

Says who ? It's the reek and wide spread of corruption holding this accursed nation bondage that's the cause of it. I got my passport in 2 days after doing magu magu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Oh really if he is that poor I wonder what ighalo will be
Sebi Ighalo still get chance wey he miss, Nacho just dey ghost mode through out. The only remarkable thing he did was begging Musa to give him open net to score
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:10am On Mar 23, 2021
JorgedeToledo:

Just being curious
Actually, I don't know. But from the pictures I've seen here, my guess is Eko hotel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10336) (10337) (10338) (10339) (10340) (10341) (10342) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.