Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11989765 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10338) (10339) (10340) (10341) (10342) (10343) (10344) ... (16392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Enough of this nacho nonsense let's discuss SE next game. Guys what's your ideal formation considering players available in camp??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
Thing is despite everything, the man remains our captain, Our World Cup Hero and a Super Eagles legend already. I just hope he finds a club between now and the summer so as to be in shape for Afcon 2022. I believe he wants to lead us to that Tournament.

CornOak:

I feel for him though, the backlashes he's been receiving aren't so pleasant at all. These players are trying.

Funnily, he appears to be working really hard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles' Camp Update

Wilf the Octopus and Samu "Robben" Chukwueze have arrived!!!!!

22 players in camp now!

The stage is set for Ndidi's chant of Seniorman when Nacho arrives next. Followed by Monster Machine, Osimhen who has his best buddy, Chuks, now in camp. grin

▶️ William Troost-Ekong
▶️ Ola Aina
▶️ Semi Ajayi
▶️ Henry Onyekuru
▶️ Oghenekaro Etebo
▶️ Ahmed Musa
▶️Adekunle Adeleke
▶️Chidozie Awaziem
▶️John Noble
▶️Anayo Iwuala
▶️ Shehu Abdullahi
▶️Alex Iwobi
▶️Joe Aribo
▶️Leon Balogun
▶️Jamilu Collins
▶️Maduka Okoye
▶️Tyronne Ebuehi
▶️Ebere Paul Onuachu
▶️Francis Uzoho
▶️Zaidu Sanusi
▶️Wilfred Ndidi
▶️Samuel Chukwueze

Monster Machine ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
gustav25:

Monster Machine ?

Bia Afobear's Cousin, I didn't say GOALS Machine. That one dey Norway camp. wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Bia Afobear's Cousin, I didn't say GOALS Machine. That one dey Norway camp. wink
There is only but one Goal and Monster Machine , and his name is ....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
Leicester dey ride Senior man wave sha

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
gustav25:

There is only but one Goal and Monster Machine , and his name is ....

Naah. You mixing them up.

Goals Machine is Haaland.

Monster Machine is the one and the only...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Naah. You mixing them up.

Goals Machine is Haaland.

Monster Machine is the one and the only...

Napoli Ekuke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
I wonder what Ndidi gave the Leicester Admin. That Admin has been high on "Nachos"... Lol

Imagine man, now they're saying he is a GOAT now. Haba. The highness is much man.

But I'm loving the fun grin

BascoVanVeli:

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
gustav25:

Napoli Ekuke

Napoli's Super Panther. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
Curtisaxel10:

Easy now bro, you're treading on holy soil. You're touching the untouchable. On this thread, you may freely criticize any SE player except Iheanacho our God . Unless you want to run into serious trouble both now and in the hereafter grin. So you better retract your rash statement, plead for forgiveness and swear to post nothing but praise and worship about the God.

PS;
Our dear resident detective, food is ready o. Somebody has dared criticize the sacred cow!. It is time to swoop down on him like a hungry hawk. Or would you rather save that for the future? I know you have already saved this comment in your archive of "hate speeches" for future reference grin. More grease to your elbow, Mr. Iheanacho's chief policeman!grin

lol, it's just the truth he had a disappointing world cup. He was actually our starting striker against Argentina and Iceland but he barely touched the ball in the box
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I wonder what Ndidi gave the Leicester Admin. That Admin has been high on "Nachos"... Lol

Imagine man, now they're saying he is a GOAT now. Haba. The highness is much man.

Yea I am loving it too. I know there will be crowd that will want to take it literally but who cares cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
False. He actually started the move for Nigeria's first goal vs Iceland and his shift overall at the WC was much better compared to Ighalo. That's the truth.

On the overall, both didn't have a great WC.

I hear you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
That was after sending Ighalo to the bench for his disaster class against Croatia. grin

Nacho had a hand in one of our goals at the WC. Ighalo had a hand in nothing but a WC Miss that cost us qualification. Say the truth instead of Agending. People. Smh.

jihday:
lol, it's just the truth he had a disappointing world cup. He was actually our starting striker against Argentina and Iceland but he barely touched the ball in the box

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Yea I am loving it too. I know there will be crowd that will want to take it literally but who cares cheesy

Lol... well...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
That was after sending Ighalo to the bench for his disaster class against Croatia. grin

Nacho had a hand in one of our goals at the WC. Ighalo had a hand in nothing but a WC Miss that cost us qualification. Say the truth instead of Agending. People. Smh.

First goal? How? Etebo in midfield passed to Moses who crossed to Musa. If he ever did anything then it's insignificant, must be something anybody on the pitch can do. No shot on target 1 blocked 1 off target. Ighalo against Croatia had 1 on target. Both had an awful world cup, nacho 3/10 Ighalo 4/10
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
The way Rohr put his left arm around Aribo like "This is my son, in whom I am well pleased" wink

I know that many might disagree with me but I am not sold on Aribo. The boy was badly exposed in the match against Sierra Leone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

But why would Kelechi just open mout yakata like broken basket.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

I know that many might disagree with me but I am not sold on Aribo. The boy was badly exposed in the match against Sierra Leone.

Blame it on the clueless coach we have. When he will invite just 3 midfielders what was he expecting. He was using Etebo and Aribo, two guys who are not exactly defensive players in the middle and wanted to defend a lead. When they scored the second goal, he definitely should have tighten things in the middle buh we all know what happened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
The way Rohr put his left arm around Aribo like "This is my son, in whom I am well pleased" wink

I honestly do not rate this Aribo boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
CornOak:

I feel for him though, the backlashes he's been receiving aren't so pleasant at all. These players are trying.

Funnily, he appears to be working really hard.

Look at his stomach, does he look fit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

If only we had a coach to utilize these players, but in this PE house master masquerading as a coach of the super eagles, expect nothing from this team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
I just heard that Olise walked out on a live Instagram interview when he was asked, if he has truly dump France for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles' Camp Update

Wilf the Octopus and Samu "Robben" Chukwueze have arrived!!!!!

22 players in camp now!

The stage is set for Ndidi's chant of Seniorman when Nacho arrives next. Followed by Monster Machine, Osimhen who has his best buddy, Chuks, now in camp. grin

▶️ William Troost-Ekong
▶️ Ola Aina
▶️ Semi Ajayi
▶️ Henry Onyekuru
▶️ Oghenekaro Etebo
▶️ Ahmed Musa
▶️Adekunle Adeleke
▶️Chidozie Awaziem
▶️John Noble
▶️Anayo Iwuala
▶️ Shehu Abdullahi
▶️Alex Iwobi
▶️Joe Aribo
▶️Leon Balogun
▶️Jamilu Collins
▶️Maduka Okoye
▶️Tyronne Ebuehi
▶️Ebere Paul Onuachu
▶️Francis Uzoho
▶️Zaidu Sanusi
▶️Wilfred Ndidi
▶️Samuel Chukwueze

Be reeling out names upon names, las las na white Onigbinde still be their head coach. Make Senegal, Algeria, Morocco, Mali, Ivory Coast or Zaire catch this team with Rohr as the coach, our body go hear am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

But why would Kelechi just open mout yakata like broken basket.

If his mouth was wired shut would u date him or something Leave these type of comments for the ladies abeg

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChrisKels:

Be reeling out names upon names, las las na white Onigbinde still be their head coach. Make Senegal, Algeria, Morocco, Mali, Ivory Coast or Zaire catch this team with Rohr as the coach, our body go hear am

Kelechi how far, u just abandoned us like that? Good to read from you again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CornOak(m): 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
Subzero047:

Look at his stomach, does he look fit?

His stomach has always being like that. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Kelechi how far, u just abandoned us like that? Good to read from you again.

I'm good. K-way gi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
Ighalo wasn't better than Nacho at the WC. Your agenda stinks so much that you had to lie about the first goal vs Iceland. Etebo passed to Moses?? Etebo that was near the left side of the opponent box for our counter when Moses crossed the ball that Musa Intercepted and slotted past Haldorsson intelligently?? How in the world did Etebo send Moses a pass I pray thee?? Christ!!!

Musa won the ball off an Iceland set-piece(corner I believed) which landed near mid-field in our own half and set off on the run after seeing the ball fall kindly to Iheanacho. Iheanacho took few touches and found Moses sending Moses on his way to go deliver the assist for Musa. So what are you saying?
Tell me just how insignificant that was!!

In same game, Iheanacho took a few corners one of which saw Balogun come close to scoring from. His staying high up the pitch with Musa against a Compact Iceland eventually paid off and caused Iceland's loss. The first goal was because Iceland threw about seven men forward for their set-piece and we hit them on the counter thanks to Musa's resilience in the air and follow-up sprint up the pitch and Iheanacho's pass to Moses.

Meanwhile, Iggy vs Croatia was all round piss poor. One insignificant shot on target doesn't change that fact.

He was benched and rightly so and Nacho paired with Musa in a 3-5-2. That yielded result. Nacho laid on the pass to Moses that led to the assist for the goal. Funny how you somehow dragged Etebo into this. Kaaiii. Etebo that was waiting for pass.

Also against Argentina, Rohr confirmed Nacho was playing with a knock (despite having Ighalo on the bench) which saw him drop his own disasterclass even before the Argentines kungfu kicked him outta the game. Then Ighalo came in and dropped more disasterclass by missing sitters. Yet Ighalo had a better WC?? Na wa.

Bia Jide... I know everyone's stance on this thread concerning most of our players and I have long known about yours on Nacho. I know you don't really rate the lad. Only thing is that you don't take it as far as Komekn or especially Curtis here who made it his daily mission to even insult the lad and label him as one who will never make it.

So ehmmm.. I suggest you refresh your WC 2018 memories. Coz it looks really messed up for you to even mention the Etebo to Moses pass.

Also check this out:

Ighalo at WC 2018: 1 chance created (1 key pass).

Iheanacho at WC 2018: 5 chances created (5 key passes). 1 vs Argentina even though he had a poor game. 1 vs Croatia after replacing a poor Iggy and 3 against Iceland where he had a very decent game.

Iheanacho had one good game at the WC. One decent sub role vs Croatia and a poor game vs Argentina thanks to a knock.

Ighalo had Zero good games at the Entire WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIk9avLQSds

You're welcome for the correction by the way. wink

jihday:
First goal? How? Etebo in midfield passed to Moses who crossed to Musa. If he ever did anything then it's insignificant, must be something anybody on the pitch can do. No shot on target 1 blocked 1 off target. Ighalo against Croatia had 1 on target. Both had an awful world cup, nacho 3/10 Ighalo 4/10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Warripikine: 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Its their first Wembley semi final after over 30 years..dont blame them at all

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChrisKels:

If Chriskels never attack Rohr on him return, then no be Chriskels. Welcome back My Good but "Savage" Man. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChrisKels:

I'm good. K-way gi?

You will have to teach me what that means. Na only Akpuda I sabi.

Do you think we can beat Benin in their homeland?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10338) (10339) (10340) (10341) (10342) (10343) (10344) ... (16392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mybettingtips(m), soetanoreoluwa(m), yemyke001(m), charlesemeka85(m), kendrick9(m), lbrichman2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.