Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,070 members, 7,916,120 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12219037 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (16502) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:

Very funny like a guy with a new side chick...forget say na old fire wood de catch pass...agu ahead of onazi..abeg I nor fit laugh...omeruo and onazi where not part of that France camp.. The GoodJoe wan drop them..kikikikikiki..ma laugh abeg..if it is so..we will never have a starting 11 na...everytime we play we use the latest shining new toy! No pun intended...
I doubt Musa had this in mind when he replaced his old firewood with a new one, and majority here seemed to agree the new firewood was performing wonders.

Maybe the new firewood will catch against SA like the wonders this new one in Musa's life is doing for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
komekn:

That's an assumption without track record justification.

If Rohr likes him he plays full stop even if he plays in Wales ranked number 50 in Europes.

If Osimhen after playing 10 minutes of football in a team at the bottom of Bundesliga can be invited. Then structureed selection methodology doesn't exist and subjectivity has overcome objectivity.

Then again some may say the end justifies the means. Long term that does not inspire players to play for the SE if it is perceived that objectivity and performance are not the main consideration.

Is it difficult for people to understand what you are saying?

There seems to be some magogo in the team selections.

If he is playing regularly or if he is a bench warmer of bigger clubs that I can understand but calling Osimhen na arrange.

I have begining to understand how selection plays.

They call their preferred player even if na bench warmer and bring him to the National team to increace their stock while they ignore the inform players until their club throway dem because of lack of market value of the said player. The club expects you to be called to the national team to increase your stock and sell you for a big prize but no coach looks ya way hence the need to kick you out for a more valuable player. grin

I can mention plenty players in the National team that were nothing before their stock were raised as a result of being a National team player. grin

They use the national team to promote some players and na wetin dem wan do for Osinhem. grin

Later dem go comdemn the once wey no use national team better dem life. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
Humility017:

confidence tells a lot for that lad
I remember his two goals against awka united prior the Zambia tie...of which he later scored against Zambia, I just pray the MOTM and two assist he made against Togo instill more confidence in him
that's why I will want kayode or moses simon start ahead of musa to utilize those chances
musa can come in the second half to outrun the RSA defense...because musa that I know can miss simple chances to score when you least expect
Iwobi appears to be the kind of player that needs a lot of affirmation. You know he has some show man streak in him and nothing kills a show man than negative vibes. He needs loads and loads of encouragement. I like the young man.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

The question I ask myself when I read this he- is not - yet- experienced -argument is: how does one get experience? Experience for me comes from watching others do it, training to do it and then doing it and a lot depends on the quality of the player. I remember how skinny Eto(he was still in his teens) was when he was destroying teams at Afcon 2000 and capped it by punishing us in the final.

Experience is good, very good and I want experienced players at key positions in the team but let those who have the quality be given opportunity to garner the golden fleece of experience.
whether you are a young player or experienced you only take to the pitch if you are better than the guy you are benching nd/or if the coach trusts you to deliver with regards to tactics and game plan..this is what nacho currently lacks at city ..he is not better than those ahead of him nd doesnt fit in tactically with pep hence no trust..now my question is..is awaziem better than omeruo? Does the coach trust him more than omeruo? Can he deliver tactically nd implement the game plan better than omeruo against sa? If 2 out of those 3 questions gives a yes then he will start else he won't..
cc. Sir Icons4s, TheGoodJoe, forgiveness

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
safarigirl:
I doubt Musa had this in mind when he replaced his old firewood with a new one, and majority here seemed to agree the new firewood was performing wonders.

Maybe the new firewood will catch against SA like the wonders this new one in Musa's life is doing for him
hhahhahhahahhaha...safarigirl you nor go kill me with laugh...hahhahhahahhahhhahhaha..he get some kain positions wey the new fire go need learn to take..if u bring the old one come now no stress he go deliver but the new fire need time to learn d pattern....*covers face* chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
You are the gold fish in my aquarium
goldfish80:
My realistic starting line-up for South Africa.

. . . . . . . Akpeyi. . . .
Omeruo. . . . . Awaziem. . . . . Ekong. . . Elder
. . . . . Onazi. . . . . . Ndidi. . .
. . . . . . . . . . Etebor. . .
Musa/Simon. . . . Iheanacho. . . . Iwobi

I see Omeruo starting at Rb. Rohr seems not to trust Shehu enough and he wouldn't want to make so many changes in the defence that played the last qualifiers.
I see just one change in Awaziem who is more or less a like for like replacement of Balogun. I read sometime ago in an interview Awaziem granted which he attested that Balogun have been a big influence on his game.

Etebor will likely play behind Iheanacho because he is more of a goal threat in such areas while Iwobi works from the flanks.

Impact subs could be Kayode Olarenwaju and Muzam. While Ogu subs in for to secure the match from the middle if we have a lead going into the last 10-5mins

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
Not Rohr's Super Eagles

forgiveness:

is it difficult for people to understand what you are saying?

There seems to some magogo in team selection.

If he is playing regularly or he is a bench warmer of bigger clubs that I can understand but calling Osimhen na arrange.

I have begining to understand how selection plays.

They call their preferred player even if na bench warmer and bring him to the National team to increace their stock while they ignore the inform players until their club throway dem because of lack of market value of the said player. The club expects you to be called to the national team to increase your stock and sell you for a big prize but no coach looks ya way hence the need to kick you out for a more valuable player. grin

I can mention plenty players in the National team that were nothing before their stock were raised as a result of being a National team player. grin

They use the national team to promote some players and na wetin dem wan do for Osinhem. grin

Later dem go comdemn the once wey no use national team better dem life. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
Honestly I've been thinking Musa's demotion even from his sub status was long overdue. But Rohr have been keeping faith in him with invitations. Only Rohr knows why. Musa has proved he still has something in him. He will play against South Africa. His new wife has nothing to do with it. But Wahala for house fit affect player if the player is the kind when no fit put behind home matter when he dey go work. Make we no judge he family matter. All we hear Na dem say.

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
komekn:

Why is Godfrey Obaobona not in the consideration for SE he is just as regular as Omeruo in the Turkish league.

When I think of AFCON 2013 I actually rated him more than Omeruo. So why is he forgotten experienced and proven.

Age who is really older or younger I have no idea they are from the era of no MRI.

Obaobona has offended the godfathers. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
Agu may be the joker. If he clearly outshines Onazi in camp, Rohr won't hesitate to start him.

TheGoodJoe:

I will have the best talent over the most tested untalented player. Why do you think Guardiola was confident throwing a bench warming Pique into the starting line-up of Barcelona?

If Onazi comes to camp and Agu brings more to the team during training, Agu will get my nod.

Football is dynamic. All players must be on their toes to maintain their place in the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
I respect your approach in this argument

TheGoodJoe:

From the best of my knowledge, Awaziem lost his place at Porto after Lopetegui lost his job at Porto. Lopetegui is a Spanish tactician who favors a high possessive style of play. This kind of style requires ball playing defenders and that was why Awaziem who is a gifted and cofirmed baller got the role.

Lopetegui is the current coach of the Spanish national team and his departure from Porto led to a transition in style of play which did not require Awaziem's talent.

From reports, Rohr prefers Ball playing defenders and has drills to pick the best. That is why it is favoring Awaziem and Awaziem might most likely get the nod. A player like Awaziem helps Rohr implement his philosophy holistically.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:
whether you are a young player or experienced you only take to the pitch if you are better than the guy you are benching nd/or if the coach trusts you to deliver with regards to tactics and game plan..this is what nacho currently lacks at city ..he is not better than those ahead of him nd doesnt fit in tactically with pep hence no trust..now my question is..is awaziem better than omeruo? Does the coach trust him more than omeruo? Can he deliver tactically nd implement the game plan better than omeruo against sa? If 2 out of those 3 questions gives a yes then he will start else he won't..
Good questions. The questions can only be answered based on a TEST. Training Camp is the test because even if you have your players doing wonders at club level, I know even you would be opposed to a player walking into a match day squad without being assessed in camp. Granted Omeruo was not part of the recent training camp in France so one cannot gauge as between two of them who outperformed the other but Omeruo has this knack for making mistakes(the same south Africans skinned him and recently you saw the mistake he made in Zambia. If it were Balogun nobody would clamour for Awaziem. The fact that we are even having this debate shows how much he's fallen down the pecking order. Awaziem had good a good showing both in camp and the matches played. Omeruo can start but our hearts will be in our mouths but I'd prefer Awaziem so that he can start gathering the experience now.

*modified : they still have five more days before the match to train in Nigeria. Rohr will most likely start Omeruo but unless he ups his game Awaziem is breathing down his neck. My joy is that competition is becoming fierce and only the best like cream will rise to the top.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:

Has Omeruo been deployed on that role by Rohr? I dont thing so.

What does that mean?

Let me see if anyone will counter this my point. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
So you will start an out of form Iwobi ahead of an in-form Moses Simon as Left Winger?

I'm using Iwobi as an example because we have seen him in that state in the recent past.

AIG07:

we have very few of them...

Balogun
Mikel
Ndidi(he is showing some glimpses)
Etebo(highly under-rated)
Iwobi
Victor Moses and
Iheanacho.

These are the few I rate above the rest in the SE's.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

Good questions. The questions can only be answered based on a TEST. Training Camp is the test because even if you have your players doing wonders at club level, I know even you would be opposed to a player walking into a match day squad without being assessed in camp. Granted Omeruo was not part of the recent training camp in France so one cannot gauge as between two of them who outperformed the other but Omeruo has this knack for making mistakes(the same south Africans skinned him and recently you saw the mistake he made in Zambia. If it were Balogun nobody would clamour for Awaziem. The fact that we are even having this debate shows how much he's fallen down the pecking order. Awaziem had good a good showing both in camp and the matches played. Omeruo can start but our hearts will be in our mouths but I'd prefer Awaziem. Let him start gathering the experience now.
Nice reply but please can you answer the 3 questions separately let us see which u gave a yes?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
Omeruo. Two pictures here. I have seen him show glimpses of a pure central defender in some occasions and a limited defender in other occasions. Never a ball playing defender.
Again it's not set in stone. The question is which role can they play best?

vickylincon:
no o. am not being sarcastic bro. good job you are doing, just wanna learn more about it. But, I don't think giving me a picture is bad sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
forgiveness:

What does that mean?

Which position has Omeruo not played in the backline except the left back?
The position being debated here is the center back ie who partners Ekong?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
forgiveness:

What does that mean?

zambia away omeruo started at cb..rb..ever since...but since we have ebuehi and shehu..I do not think he is in contention for the rb slot..cb...its him against awaziem...if he loses his spot against awaziem in the absence of balogun then that means he is declining and personally I do not see that..not yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2017
forgiveness:

Of course, there are better players but that is not my point. My point is centered on replacements or backups.

Remember, when Emmanuel Amunike and Daniel Amokachi (cant remember) were tactically removed by the Italians at the 1994 World cup, the team crumbled. When Taiwo and Sanni were removed at Japan/korea world cup the team also crumbled. When mikel got injured before the 2010 world cup the team pafuka. When Onazi was removed at the Brazil 2014 world cup France destroyed the team.

For this reason, I am clamouring for quality replacement or backups for each postions.

if Ekoog wound who go replace am? if Ndid wound who go replace am? if iwobi and Etebor wound at the same time in a competitive position who go replace them?

Abi you never witness where two key players got injured at the same time? You dont need to go far, just recall Japan/Korea and USA 1994.

First of all, I want you to name those 'better players' that have not yet been invited and We would gladly recommend them to Rohr and his coaching crew if truly they are better than the player(s) you want them to replace.

Concerning the issue of replacement are you telling me that for the current Eagles team we don't have at least 2 or 3 players per position?

Victor Moses, Leon Balogun and Mikel Obi who are 3 regulars are out and we are not even crying over it because we have capable replacements.

Also that team is so dynamic such that most of those players are capable of playing at least 2 positions. Any of Etebo, Iwobi, Moses, Musa, Success, Simon, Onyekuru can play each other's positions fairly comfortably. Injury to any 2 or 3 and we still have a pool to pick replacements from. Our midfield boast of Mikel, Onazi, Ndidi, Shehu, Agu, Ogu and sometimes Etebo. What of the defense? Even in Balogun's absence we still have 3 good CBs in Ekong, Omeruo and Awaziem. Recall also that Ndidi can also play CB. Echiejile, Shehu, Ebuehi, Madu and the newly invited Yousef are there as wing backs.

I am not saying this team is there yet but the fact remains that we are gradually getting there.

If there is any player the coaches feel can add quality to the team they will invite.

And if your favorite players are not there,of which I know is the main reason for this your clamour for back ups, let them keep working hard they may get their chances one day.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
komekn:

Dominic over taken by Tega, he is being run very close by Ike Ugbo his much younger former team mate.

Well, opinions differ, so is mine to this statement.

Dominic is going to Liverpool while Tega to Newcastle.

Currently, Solanke is the backbone of the U20 England team. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
Joebie:
So you will start an out of form Iwobi ahead of an in-form Moses Simon as Left Winger?

I'm using Iwobi as an example because we have seen him in that state in the recent past.

Little wonder you'll prefer Awaziem over Omeruo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
Joebie:
Omeruo. Two pictures here. I have seen him show glimpses of a pure central defender in some occasions and a limited defender in other occasions. Never a ball playing defender.
Again it's not set in stone. The question is which role can they play best?

Sorry for jumping into your quote, but I am glad to inform your that omeruo has played midfield this season for his team..you do not play midfield if you cannot pass the ball..so add ball playing defender to his attributes and he becomes an all rounder..just little mistakes here and there..you know rough edges.. Cut the guy some slack..he is our most capped central defender right now..most experienced central defender in the national team..longest serving central defender in the national..most successful central defender right now..*afcon* if not for injury and little errors ekong and balogun wouldn't have been ahead of him. That we are even having this debate na falling hand for omeruo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:

Nice reply but please can you answer the 3 questions separately let us see which u gave a yes?
I have modified my first reply.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:

Ever heard of the word consistency? When ikeme was injured akpeyi started. He is our second choice..whether you agree or not..right now alampasu is even our 4th choice goalkeeper and barring a miracle I do not even see him in russia..u are here calling for him to start...common biscuit friendly he didn't start. He plays in the Portuguese 3rd division abi? He is no buffon if he was a bigger club would have picked him up..give the youth time..ease them in gently. Nacho is there now because ighalo n ideye forgot the route to goal..if they remembered nacho f9r they sedan bench..#fact...likewise at city..there is no way nacho will start ahead of aguero or Gabriel for the lone striker spot...Now did u hear gabriel..yes gabriel is the starting striker for brazil..brazil..he is a class above nacho..nd I am nachos super fan..he will need to go to a club where he is trusted enough to start and get minutes nd build...people seem to forget that even mbappe wasn't a starter at the beginning of last season. Germain was..and if monaco played a lone striker falcao will get the nod..so mbappe as a 3rd choice striker in a 2striker system had hope compared to nacho as 3rd striker in a lone striker system...now back to the omeruo debate..awaziem is 4th choice back..balogun has been keeping omeruo on the bench now he is injured..omeruo gets the nod...TheGoodJoe says he clamours for the recent and best..and picks awaziem as if omeruo has been standing still at his club while awaziem slugged it out at porto b.

Thank you my brother.

The thing is there are too much sentiments here.

They just like this player(s) and dislike the other(s)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
Every National team selection has a pattern. Coaches don't just bench existing players merely because a new entrant is in-form. France played a friendly yesterday and Giroud still started ahead of Mbappe and Lacazette. In terms of National teams chemistry is very limited due to shorter training camps. So coaches tend to stick with existing starting 11. That's why I know I can confidently select my 11 for June10.
Akpeyi; Shehe RB, Elderson LB, Omeruo and Ekong CB; Ndidi DM, Onazi CM, Etebo AM; Iwobi RW + free roamer, Musa RW+LW, Iheanacho ST.

Free Roamer means, he'd not be pinned to that RW all game. He'd interchange with Etebo and Musa a lot. I'm 98% sure that this is the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:

Ever heard of the word consistency? When ikeme was injured akpeyi started. He is our second choice..whether you agree or not..right now alampasu is even our 4th choice goalkeeper and barring a miracle I do not even see him in russia..u are here calling for him to start...common biscuit friendly he didn't start. He plays in the Portuguese 3rd division abi? He is no buffon if he was a bigger club would have picked him up..give the youth time..ease them in gently. Nacho is there now because ighalo n ideye forgot the route to goal..if they remembered nacho f9r they sedan bench..#fact...likewise at city..there is no way nacho will start ahead of aguero or Gabriel for the lone striker spot...Now did u hear gabriel..yes gabriel is the starting striker for brazil..brazil..he is a class above nacho..nd I am nachos super fan..he will need to go to a club where he is trusted enough to start and get minutes nd build...people seem to forget that even mbappe wasn't a starter at the beginning of last season. Germain was..and if monaco played a lone striker falcao will get the nod..so mbappe as a 3rd choice striker in a 2striker system had hope compared to nacho as 3rd striker in a lone striker system...now back to the omeruo debate..awaziem is 4th choice back..balogun has been keeping omeruo on the bench now he is injured..omeruo gets the nod...TheGoodJoe says he clamours for the recent and best..and picks awaziem as if omeruo has been standing still at his club while awaziem slugged it out at porto b.

You are making it look as if Omeruo will walk into the starting eleven of FC Porto.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Every National team selection has a pattern. Coaches don't just bench existing players merely because a new entrant is in-form. France played a friendly yesterday and Giroud still started ahead of Mbappe and Lacazette. In terms of National teams chemistry is very limited due to shorter training camps. So coaches tend to stick with existing starting 11. That's why I know I can confidently select my 11 for June10.
Akpeyi; Shehe RB, Elderson LB, Omeruo and Ekong CB; Ndidi DM, Onazi CM, Etebo AM; Iwobi RW + free roamer, Musa RW+LW, Iheanacho ST.

Free Roamer means, he'd not be pinned to that RW all game. He'd interchange with Etebo and Musa a lot. I'm 98% sure that this is the team.

If the French Manager's strategy relies on long balls to a Tall forward who can control the ball, Mbappe will not easily displace Giroud. However, if the coach will want to play a false nine system, it will be madness starting Giroud ahead of Mbappe.

Sometimes, it has to do with a working strategy and tactics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You are making it look as if Omeruo will walk into the starting eleven of FC Porto.
you are changing the debate please don't... But IMO he would at least be 4th choice cb not playing team b...I asked 3 questions above..can you do us all a favour and attempt to answer so we close the debate? Before it gets stale...I suggest everyone should answer those questions honestly...whoever..omeruo or awaziem..gets majority 2 yes outta the 3 questions wins..its very simple..no point belaboring on the issue..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:

Sorry for jumping into your quote, but I am glad to inform your that omeruo has played midfield this season for his team..you do not play midfield if you cannot pass the ball..so add ball playing defender to his attributes and he becomes an all rounder..just little mistakes here and there..you know rough edges.. Cut the guy some slack..he is our most capped central defender right now..most experienced central defender in the national team..longest serving central defender in the national..most successful central defender right now..*afcon* if not for injury and little errors ekong and balogun wouldn't have been ahead of him. That we are even having this debate na falling hand for omeruo.

The question is, is Omeruo a better choice for the set-up Rohr wants to use in th next game. Definitely Omeruo is a ball playing defender but I doubt he is a better baller than Awaziem. The reports from Camp will give a better picture. For now, I believe Rohr intends to build a possession-heavy side that requires ball playing defenders and Awaziem has my pick. Especially after spending time with Lopetegui at Porto, a coach I admired his possession-heavy style when he coached Isco, Thiago Alcantara, Morata and Sarabia in the Junior levels of Spain.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:
you are changing the debate please don't... But IMO he would at least be 4th choice cb not playing team b...I asked 3 questions above..can you do us all a favour and attempt to answer so we close the debate? Before it gets stale...I suggest everyone should answer those questions honestly...whoever..omeruo or awaziem..gets majority 2 yes outta the 3 questions wins..its very simple..no point belaboring on the issue..

My own is simple, using Porto B is point does not add unless Omeruo can displace him there. You threw in that and I called you on that.

Concerning your questions, the reports from Camp will give a better picture.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
eterisan:

I have modified my answer but to answer your questions Awaziem on the strength of his club and training is in my opinion better than Omeruo (if I recall even this season he scored own goals twice) far as trust is concerned I'd say yes for Rohr to trust Omeruo more despite the fact he switches off. For the game plan, it depends on what the game plan is and I am not privy to it(all of us na speculate we dey speculate)

Never forget that Oboabana and Omeruo were rookie defenders at our Afcon 2013 and they manned the defence admirably well to the extent we won the tournament but where is Oboabana today and is Omeruo at the same level he was at then? Someone is coming right behind him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

My own is simple, using Porto B is point does not add unless Omeruo can displace him there. You threw in that and I called you on that.

Concerning your questions, the reports from Camp will give a better picture.
TheGoodJoe I m your fan..but I will strongly disagree with you on this...just answer simple question is awaziem better than omeruo? Does rohr trust him more? Do u think awaziem can implement the tactical plan agaisnt sa better than omeruo?
As a city fan..why do you think maffeo, adarabioyo,denayer nd angelino will likely not get shots at first team football and become regular starters? don't view things through the tainted lenses of youth over experience.. Of which that is not even the debate becos omeruo is young

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (16502) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), lelion, kellycute(m), chrisooblog, dymusty86, opes, elyte89, Tessyy1701 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.