Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12030519 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Badosqi:
Eng 2-1 Italy

Solanke and Lookman

This England team is really good..

cry cry cry grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
PDPGuy:
Solanke makes it 3-1

cry cry cry cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
chrisooblog:
Solanke for ballon d'or *in forgiveness voice* grin

cry cry cry cry grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
kingphilip:
I was thinking Enyeama had his breakthrough in that world Cup in the third match against England while Shorunmu was the first choice

From your post I quoted you said Enyeama had his breakthrough when Shorunmu was trainer so I wanted to be sure if I haven't mistaken the first choice in Korea/Japan 2002

I am the one mistaken. Enyeama already had a good tournament before the 2006 AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
Joebie:
Bafana Bafana Training On Playing With A Man Down Against Eagles – Coach Confesses

Ahead of the Super Eagles of Nigeria clash against the senior national team of South Africa, coach of the team Stuart Baxter has confessed that his team are training on formations incase they have a player sent off.

Baxter made the revelation upon arrival in Nigeria ‎yesterday for the Saturday’s game which is the first step for both teams in the road to qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

The coach admits Nigeria will no doubt be a hard nut to crack, but he has prepa‎red his team including the worst case scenario of having a player sent off during the course of the game.
“I think we’ve just got to be braver and say‚ ‘Look‚ how do we deal with this game‚ how do we manage it?’.

“There are certain things you can do.

“But what you don’t want to do is just be there on the field and not have a plan.

“We have dealt (in training) with a situation where we are leading.

“Yesterday we put on a scenario where we were playing XI v XI in the afternoon and I sent one of the players off.

“And I said‚ ‘Right‚ you’re leading 1-0‚ what do you do’.

“We’ve appproached that and they did it very well yesterday.

“We’ve approached how we would kill the game off if we were leading‚ and we’ve approached what we would do if we were chasing the game.

“So we’ve got a couple of ‘what if’ scenarios‚and one of them is that last critical phase.”

Ade Emmanuel

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/08/bafana-bafana-training-on-playing-with-a-man-down-against-eagles-coach-confesses/
and u forgot to make plan,say u r losing 3-0. Na only u sabi lead.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
kingphilip:
I was thinking Enyeama had his breakthrough in that world Cup in the third match against England while Shorunmu was the first choice

From your post I quoted you said Enyeama had his breakthrough when Shorunmu was trainer so I wanted to be sure if I haven't mistaken the first choice in Korea/Japan 2002

From wiki
In the 2006 Africa Cup of Nations, Enyeama stopped three kicks in the quarter-final penalty shootout against Tunisia, but could not prevent a loss to Côte d'Ivoire in the semi-final. In the 2010 tournament, he was again Nigeria's shootout hero at the quarter-final stage, saving from Zambia's Thomas Nyrienda and scoring the winning kick himself.

This is the period I am talking about. If you recall, at Enyimba, Enyeama used to get substituted during penalty kicks. By this time with Shorunmu as the keeper trainer, there was an immense improvement in Enyeama.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Well said O jare.... ur head dey dia.... cheesy

This is #PowerOfNaija at work biko.....

Solanke has chosen the most crucial stage of the competition to strike the real blows... he has four goals now at the U-20s.... Fine player indeed.

Ojo impressing... Lookman doing great things...

Tomori rock solid.... Ejaria also when given his chance have done his bits.

Abeg..... England... we say thank you for letting us see these lads in action against their Peers in South Korea... thank you for the sponsorship..... grin

We will take it from here now.... after the final with that exciting new generation of Venezuelan jogo bonito youngsters.... grin

Ehmmmmm.... True... all will not play for us.... but ehmmmmm... we may yet get two or three of them or maybe just one... anyhow shaa.... time will tell.

As for me, I already know this Nigerian boys are exceptionally good .

You saw how Lookman played in the last match. You saw how Onomah played like a champion in the last match. Today you saw Solanke and Ojo brought to the table when going got tough. They played like champions.

The other two i didn't mention are also very good. Though, I want all of them in our National team.

However, I think they nolonger in our reach if they win the cup. cry cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
But why naa? cheesy

because of bragging rights? or because of Future reference points to the win in future possible debates by Forgiveness? wink Looolll

....because of possible statements like, "Wetin Mikel, Iheanacho, Success, Yahaya, Adepoju, Siasia, Odiaka and many more no fit do at Fifa U-20s.. Solanke and co don do am...." cheesy Something like that? Loooolllll

Naaah.... if they win... it's cool really.... cheesy

But That Venezuelan Team is wicked oooo.... It could easily have been Uruguay in the final sef... but the two south american teams have been pretty outstanding that anyone could have won.

England will be playing the best attacking side of the tournament.... so it will be tough. But not impossible for England to win...

Personally.... I see this new wave of Venezuelan football led by penaranda, Cordova, Soteldo and co sweeping to the title.... but never say never with England Nigeria's extension.... wink

Honestly, I don't want them to win butvif they do goodluck.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
jotey:
Chai

forgiveness no go let us hear word for this thread again o

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
forgiveness:

You saw how Lookman played in the last match. You saw how Onomah played like a champion in the last match. Today you saw Solanke and Ojo brought to the table when going got tough. They played like champions.

The other two i didn't mention are also very good. Though, I want all of them in our National team.

However, I think they no longer in our reach if they win the cup. cry cry
you're giving up already ni

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
kingphilip:

his breakthrough was in that England match after SHORUNMU got injured,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
forgiveness:

However, I think they nolonger in our reach if they win the cup. cry cry

Today is the first time I ever saw Solanke play. From the match today, I will submit that there is a LOT LOT MORE to his game than scoring goals. The little I know of him has been largely informed by the comments I read on this thread which made me rate him lowly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Hmmmmm...... you gat a point dia finally ooo..... *thinking*

Well.... let's see how things go.

If they all choose to play for England then I can only wish them the best. But England should be thankful to the #PowerOfNaija.... cheesy without Naija blood, dem for no near quarters sef....

....more than 90% of their goals and assists have been Nigerian-bloods-inspired....

Where is Forgiveness sef?? It is in moments like this, We see his big grins..... but truly Solanke came to the party today.... really deserving of that no.10 jersey. He is one player I hope will turn out for The Super Eagles and not England.... But beware of Penaranda's Venezuela oooo... England have that big hurdle to cross if they must lift their first Fifa title at any level since 1966.

Forgiveness oooo.... food is ready darling.... wink

Honestly speaking, when I talk about a player, I must have heard alot or read alot about him, and I must have seen his movement, touches on the ball and his perseverance enough to give mmy final judgement.

I don't need to see the player more than two times before I give my final verdict.

Truly, all those Nigerian boys are very good. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
kingphilip:
you're giving up already ni

Somehow cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
forgiveness:

Honestly speaking, when I talk about a player, I must have heard alot or read alot about him, and I must have seen his movement, touches on the ball and his perseverance enough to give mmy final judgement.

I don't need to see the player more than two times before I give my final verdict.

Truly, all those Nigerian boys are very good. grin
yea they are good

I now rate sheyi ojo high

he was the game changer today and his crosses are top notch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
tglobal:

Today is the first time I ever saw Solanke play. From the match today, I will submit that there is a LOT LOT MORE to his game than scoring goals. The little I know of him has been largely informed by the comments I read on this thread which made me rate him lowly

I no tell una. grin

Believe what you read here at your own peril. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
jotey:

yea they are good

I now rate sheyi ojo high

he was the game changer today and his crosses are top notch

Hahaha! You can see what I have been saying all along . grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think Enyeama made his break through with Shorunmu as the keeper trainer. Ejide was also in fine form under Shorunmu. Agbim had the reflexes but his positioning was awful.

I beg to disagree. Cos Shorunmu was the Goalkeeper @ Korea/Japan 2002. The 3rd and final game was when Enyeama had his break and that was against England!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargo89(m): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
kennysville:

I beg to disagree. Cos Shorunmu was the Goalkeeper @ Korea/Japan 2002. The 3rd and final game was when Enyeama had his break and that was against England!
Seconded. You are right. I remember him saving one Paul Scholes' bullet against the post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
maidaboi:
i think its nairaland that first leaked the starting XI
@Forgiveness you better disturb us now and lets us have a pleasant night ooh....
Hahahahahaha.. LOL

Hahaha! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Baba Rohr is grooming them. When they are better, they will play. I told you repeatedly that I am not promoting youths but better players. If Enyeama comes back now, I will call for his Inclusion because he is the best. Not young.

If Reports said Awaziem did better than Omeruo, I will call for his Inclusion. However reports say Omeruo is doing better, I will prefer Omeruo starting, not youth.
Chai you can change mouth eh..see as you they codedly they shift ground! Is alryt ..kwantinue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahaha! You can see what I have been saying all along . grin
what have you been saying grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
jargo89:
Seconded. You are right. I remember him saving one Paul Scholes' bullet against the post.
Did you watch enyeama when he was at enyinmba...I think aiyenugba was in same team when they lifted the caf champions league on penalties! Memory a bit sketchy.. Sir icons4s please help me here
Enyeama ..great goalkeeper..rufia..dosu..shorunmu..enyeama..who's next? Not akpeyi jo..we just they manage m for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
eterisan:

Chai you can change mouth eh..see as you they codedly they shift ground! Is alryt ..kwantinue

Where did I change mouth?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
kennysville:

Yes, I was wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
Orkpekyandega:
Nigerian-Born Winger Who Played On Same Team As Arsenal's Iwobi Wanted By Premier League side Watford

Premier League side Watford are being linked with a move for Nigerian-born winger Fred Onyedinma, according to reports from England.

Onyedinma will walk away from newly promoted Championship side Millwall as a free agent at the end of this month if he doesn't append his signature to the new deal that he has been offered.

Apart from the interest from the Hornets, Hertfordshire Mercury says the 20-year-old is also on the radar of Queens Park Rangers, Brentford and Hull City.

The highly-rated starlet has been on the books of Millwall since the age of 12, though he spent a portion of the 2014-2015 season on loan at Wycombe Wanderers.

Onyedinma played on the same team, Blackheath district, as Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi before he was spotted by a Millwall scout.

Igho Kingsley

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23332

This boy is another Dele Ali in the making. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
jotey:

what have you been saying grin

You know na! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargo89(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
eterisan:

Did you watch enyeama when he was at enyinmba...I think aiyenugba was in same team when they lifted the caf champions league on penalties! Memory a bit sketchy.. Sir icons4s please help me here
Enyeama ..great goalkeeper..rufia..dosu..shorunmu..enyeama..who's next? Not akpeyi jo..we just they manage m for now
Yeah i watched both season of their succesful Champions League victories. And you are right on Dele Aiyenugba coming in for penalties.

P.S. Dosu wasnt really a great goalkeeper tho. He was average at best.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
Neither Enyeama nor Ejide had their breakthrough with shorumu as goal keeper trainer, they were all team mate at the 2002 world cup, Ejide was in goal in some of our friendly games before the world cup, he was originally the 2nd choice goalkeeper, I was surprise to see Enyeama in goal against England. Two good goalkeepers one playing for Julius Berger and the other for Enyimba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
zicky:
Neither Enyeama nor Ejide has their breakthrough with shorumu as goal keeper trainer, they were all team mate at the 2010 world cup, Ejide was in goal in some of our friendly games before the world cup, he was originally the 2nd choice goalkeeper, I was surprise to see Enyeama in goal against England. Two good goalkeepers one playing for Julius Berger and the other for Enyimba.
if memory serves me right, ejide was keeping for etoile du Sahel while ejiogu (arugo monkey) was keeping for julius Berger fc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
bigblangston:
if memory serves me right, ejide was keeping for etoile du Sahel while ejiogu (arugo monkey) was keeping for julius Berger fc
Ejide was actually at Gabros at the time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
bigblangston:
yea Ejiogu was in Julius Berger, ejide in Gabros

(1) (2) (3) ... (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), Danielnino00(m), lbrichman2, TheGoodJoe(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.