Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001892 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2017
Humility017:

I tell you...his basis for such lopsided rating is on the brim of where they hail from in Nigeria not necessarily on their skills
he is one moniker here...one can easily tell where he hails from...considering his players selection though he sometimes add one or two players from other parts of the country to make it look as if he is being fare...in his quest.
I learnt to always overlook his biased comparism

It is an eyesore to compare players in one of the biggest clubs in the premiere league and the world at large with players in relegated threatened clubs, Dutch second division clubs, etc shocked

The way you see doesn't bother me because if the world acknowledged what I am saying.

Based on ya theory I may say it is verrrrrry easy to tell where many especially you come from this part of country considering your bias selection and analysis but I don't care. I do what I know is right and what I know I can defend regardless of what people think.

Now, that's me. Next. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2017
forgiveness:

E bi like say dis oga no watch d matches or at least
YouTube.

You mean Solanke doesn't speed? shocked shocked grin

You mean Solanke can't dribble? shocked shocked grin

You mean Solanke technically is zero? shocked shocked grin

Is Kelechi not known for poaching goals? shocked shocked grin

Abi Kelechi dey dribble all the players for field come score? shocked grin

Lookman is far better than Onyekuru. grin Take it to the bank.

Ojo is miles ahead of Orji. That's right. grin

Who be Nwakali were Onomah dey? Common!
Nwakali na small pikin compared to Onomah. ;

Who else? grin
I usually don't engage in these sorts of arguments here as no one ever concede they are wrong even in the face of glaring evidence but bro the dude you quoted is right.
Your earlier assertion that those English players are superior to the Nigerian ones is false.
Iheanacho is much better than Solanke, I bet even the usually bias English won't argue that.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25am On Jun 10, 2017
KevinDein:

I usually don't engage in these sorts of arguments here as no one ever concede they are wrong even in the face of glaring evidence but bro the dude you quoted is right.
Your earlier assertion that those English players are superior to the Nigerian ones is false.
Iheanacho is much better than Solanke, I bet even the usually bias English won't argue that.

Why is Iheanacho better?

Why is Onyekuru, Nwakali, Osimhen, Orji and Iwobi better than Lookman, Ojo, Onomah?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2017
edi287:

Solanke can't bench Nacho or Onyekuru(at the moment). Same for Lookman.

He can with ease. Believe me. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TrueHuman: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2017
Joebie:
Are you a TrueHuman or a bot?

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
Most Of You Af Forgotten That Victor Mose Was Once In The England U20 Team
Any Thing Is Possible Under The Sun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
Omeruo and Rantie

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Heart breaking that such a devoted man who made a lot of strides in pushing Nigerian football to the top passed without getting a proper run handling the Super Eagles.

Much respect to Coach Amodu Shuaibu for answering the Call to serve the nation and manage the Super Eagles on three different occassions: 1998–1999, 2001–2002 and 2008–2010. Leading us to the AFCON bronze on two different occassions and qualifying us for the 2010 World Cup.

Miss the Great Legend Coach Amodu Shuaibu.

I remember that cold night in Omdurman, Sudan. Sudan was at the brink of qualifying for the 2002 WC. Nigeria haven lost to Sierra Leone and Liberia away was behind Sudan and desperately needed a win to over take Sudan.

The Shuain Amodu tinkered Super Eagles humiliated Sudan in front of their prestudent. They game was designed to celebrate their WC qualification.

Sudan 0-4 Nigeria it ended.

Yakubu Ayegbeni with a brace launched himself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
Was shocked when I heard shaibu had died especially as we were just coming to terms with losing keshi. I first remember how he coached bcc lions To continental glory but my fondest memories of him was his rescue mission with keshi ironically enough to qualify us for the 2002 world cup in Japan and Korea. I wont lie didn't always agree with his decisions as coach but I appreciated his patriotism and love for the national team especially as he wasn't well-treated by the fans and nff alike. Thank you for your service rest well amodu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
Today is game day calling on all of us fans to give the super Eagles total unconditional support let's go Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
tbaba1234:
Omeruo and Rantie

chai omeruo FALLINUS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
Joebie:
Very bad way to start in any endeavor -- focusing only on the negatives. If those intimidiaries are serious they will start from where they have the brightest chances. Gradually their influence will grow. Success don't happen overnight. Football in UK is the most commercialized. Breaking into it will always pose a challenge. There are definitely other factors besides not being white. But winners will always find a way. Like you rightly said, "hard but not impossible". I think in every endeavor having the right skills is not automatic contrary to what many may think. there is many learning to do as u get your hands dirty in the field. I'm sure you know this.

Not focusing on the negatives but being very aware of those dynamics creating the contingency and strategy to get around them is giving yourself competitive advantage and a better chance of success.

In my main professional vocation in the UK 95% of the time I am usually the most qualified experientially, with the highest level of professional certification and the most qualified academically. I do not work in IT.

I have learned to exceed the benchmark in order to get ahead. I don't wallow in self pity or defeatism but get going and if I have to climb mountains that my Caucasian peers don't have to, it's just the way it is. I don't get bitter ( well try not too) I just get ahead.

I might be British by birth and legally speaking however I'm still black can't hide that. And of course Naija to the core.

Sorry for slightly philosophical deviation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jakandeola(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, but nobody cares what you think. You can still hold on to whatever beliefs you had, whether Bafana wins or loses.
hahahaha u dey fear say we go beat banana banana hahahajaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Orkpekyandega:
2019 AFCON Qualifier: Bafana Bafana Not A Threat To Super Eagles

[img]https://2.bp..com/-MR3Te6TzXDw/WJUjWZdqh2I/AAAAAAAAC5Y/ZNRlVYqdM24b0RYnCXEj_6rm_i6IR6-swCPcB/s1600/20170204014053.png[/img]

By Augustine Akhilomen

Super Eagles Team coordinator, Patriack Pascal has revealed that the spirit in the camp is high and believed that nothing but a resounding victory would be the perfect gift for the fans in Uyo on Saturday.

The three-time AFCON champions are set to face eternal rivals, Bafana Bafana of South Africa in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium (Tomorrow) on Saturday in what's expected to be a grudge encounter.

With the team yet to lose to their Southern African counterparts in a competitive game, Pascal, a former member of the Super Eagles told Soccernet.com.ng that the trend continue on Saturday because nothing short of a victory will be good enough for us.

"I am so confident that the Super Eagles will overcome their Bafana Bafana counterpart in Uyo considering the fact the players are highly motivated to pick the maximum points," Pascal told Soccernet.com.ng

"No doubt the game is expected to be a tough one because South Africa will also be coming to Nigeria to win or draw, something which I believe won't be easy for them.

" Based on the calibre of players we have in our disposal, I don't think South Africa will pose a threat to us this Saturday," he said.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/06/2019-afcon-qualifier-bafana-bafana-not.html

Use a more recent picture that's somewhat misleading I can see Hope Akpan in the front. He again has been forgotten for supposed younger better players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
jakandeola:
hahahaha u dey fear say we go beat banana banana hahahajaha

What time is the game starting? I just saw an announcement on DStv, saying it'll start at 17:30 South African time. I wanna confirm & settle in time. It's on like recession! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
forgiveness:

E bi like say dis oga no watch d matches or at least
YouTube.

You mean Solanke doesn't speed? shocked shocked grin

You mean Solanke can't dribble? shocked shocked grin

You mean Solanke technically is zero? shocked shocked grin

Is Kelechi not known for poaching goals? shocked shocked grin

Abi Kelechi dey dribble all the players for field come score? shocked grin

Lookman is far better than Onyekuru. grin Take it to the bank.

Ojo is miles ahead of Orji. That's right. grin

Who be Nwakali were Onomah dey? Common!
Nwakali na small pikin compared to Onomah. ;

Who else? grin

Commot dia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jakandeola(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
ZarZar:

What time is the game starting? I just saw an announcement on DStv, saying it'll start at 17:30 South African time. I wanna confirm & settle in time. It's on like recession! grin
lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
Well let's not leave the original context. Job hunting (I will assume) and doing business are very different.
komekn:

Not focusing on the negatives but being very aware of those dynamics creating the contingency and strategy to get around them is giving yourself competitive advantage and a better chance of success.

In my main professional vocation in the UK 95% of the time I am usually the most qualified experientially, with the highest level of professional certification and the most qualified academically. I do not work in IT.

I have learned to exceed the benchmark in order to get ahead. I don't wallow in self pity or defeatism but get going and if I have to climb mountains that my Caucasian peers don't have to, it's just the way it is. I don't get bitter ( well try not too) I just get ahead.

I might be British by birth and legally speaking however I'm still black can't hide that. And of course Naija to the core.

Sorry for slightly philosophical deviation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
jakandeola:
lol

I'm serious, what time is it starting? Do you know or you'll be watching it through NL? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Heart breaking that such a devoted man who made a lot of strides in pushing Nigerian football to the top passed without getting a proper run handling the Super Eagles.

Much respect to Coach Amodu Shuaibu for answering the Call to serve the nation and manage the Super Eagles on three different occassions: 1998–1999, 2001–2002 and 2008–2010. Leading us to the AFCON bronze on two different occassions and qualifying us for the 2010 World Cup.

Miss the Great Legend Coach Amodu Shuaibu.
I think he also qualified us for the Korea /Japan World Cup 2002 but he was kicked out and replaced by Onigbinde. He was the go-to guy anytime we were in crisis and he never turned us down despite repeated bad experiences. That was love, patriotism, loyalty, large heartedness and commitment. We honor your memory Ahmodu Shaibu and your contributions and may your spirit of doggedness be with us as we do south Africa the thing we used to do them. Rest on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
ZarZar:

I'm serious, what time is it starting? Do you know or you'll be watching it through NL? grin

5pm Nigerian time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
ZarZar:

gringrin just like xenophobia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
tbaba1234:
Omeruo and Rantie
Omeruo shouldn't partner with Troost I beg Rohr, before he falls again like he did against Collins Mbesuma. Seems he falls and gives out goal when playing against Southern African teams. Awaziem has my nod to start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jakandeola(m): 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
ZarZar:

dey say is 5pm am not watching it i will heat life commentry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
tbaba1234:

5pm Nigerian time

OK, thanks. That's 6pm. I can vibe with that. See you suckers at the other end of the net! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
jieta:
gringrin just like xenophobia.

And AIDS, you forgot that one grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
Super Eagles Will Surmount Bafana’s Hurdle In Uyo – Sokari

[img]https://1.bp..com/-D0C_8-R_OoI/V2_fF3GPzPI/AAAAAAAAAWs/JH69Xi5a178X-xJ5QAEEnFej6iebYyJEwCPcB/s1600/Sokari.jpg[/img]

CS Sfaxin and former Enyimba FC midfielder, Kingsley Sokari bares his mind in this exclusive interview with SOCCERNET.COM.NG’s AUGUSTINE AKHILOMEN from his base in Tunisia, on why South Africa don’t have the fire power to overcome the Super Eagles in Uyo on Saturday at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium; insist the team will miss Mikel Obi and wants the Technical adviser, Gernot Rohr to use Akpeyi in goal

Nigeria will play South Africa on Saturday in a 2019 Nations Cup qualifier. What do you think about the game?

It a great game but South Africa have not beating us before and we have good and very young team that can get the job done for us in Uyo. I believe we will win. I don't think Bafana Bafana can stop Super Eagles' dream of qualifying for the Nations Cup in 2019.

You sound so confident about the Super Eagles beating South Africa. Why?

Because we have a solid squad blessed with youth and experience. I know they won't disappoint Nigerians on match day proper.

But the South Africans also have a crop of exciting young players in their squad too?

Yes I know but we have the best players that can get the job done right now compare to the South African team.

Mind you, the South Africans denied Nigeria from qualifying for the 2017 AFCON tournament. Don't you think they can do the same thing again?

Impossible!

Why?

Because they have not beaten us in as many games that I know we have met in a competitive game.

But don't you foresee an upset in Uyo?

It will be difficult but we will win.

However, don't you feel worried that you have not been invited to the Super Eagles despite your good form with CS Sfaxin?

I am not worried because everyone has his own time. My concern right now is to see the Super Eagles continue to excel in all their games. I think that's the most important thing for me.

Talking about time, a player in the Egyptian league, Zamalek is part of the team.

I have watched him play against Enyimba and I believe he is a good player. His time is now and I wish him goodluck. I also believe his invitation will open more doors for us.

Besides, don't you think the Super Eagles Will Miss Mikel and Carl Ikeme against South Africa?

For sure! However, the team will miss Mikel Obi because his presence always influence matches for the team.

Why Mikel alone? Are you saying Ikeme won't be missed?

I think Mikel is our biggest and experience player and the best we have for now. As for Ikeme, we have the likes of Ezenwa, Alampasu, and Akpeyi to fill his space.

So between the three goalkeepers you mentioned, who would you prefer to be in goal against South Africa?

For me anyone can be in d goal considering the fact that they are good goalkeepers.

Fine. But stick your neck on one goalkeeper.

I believe in Daniel Akpeyi.

Why Daniel Akpeyi?

Because he knows them very well since he plays in the South African league. Mind you, the last time we played them in South Africa, he was wonderful.

That's true. How would you feel if you received a call from Gernot Rohr to feature against Cameroon or subsequent matches?

Dreams come through.

Meaning?

I will be very happy and great because that's every player dreams to play for their country.

Former super eagles coach, Stephen Keshi completed one year after his death on June 7. What do you think of Keshi?

A great man who gave me my first experience in the Super Eagles. He gave the Home Based players the chance to prove their worth and I miss him so much. May his soul continue to Rest In Peace.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/06/super-eagles-will-surmount-bafanas.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
All the games, African Qualifiers, are LIVE on BeinSports:

CAMEROUN v MORROCO at 10AM
NIGERIA v SOUTH AFRICA at 11:55AM
CIV v GUINEA at 1:55PM
SENEGA v EQ GUINEA at 3:55PM
All times Eastern Time

And remember to go and tweet thanks to @beINSPORTSUSA on twitter; so they can keep it up.
They Rocks!

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nigeria vs South Africa: Nigerian players to watch

The Super Eagles take on South Africa in the first match of the African Nations Cup qualifiers in Nigeria. Both teams are in camp preparing ahead of the games as South Africa intensifies their training programs in order to shock Nigeria at home.

The Super Eagles are favourite going into the tie despite the absence of star duo of Victor Moses and Skipper John Obi Mikel both of who got the goals for Nigeria in the 3-1 defeat of the Desert Foxes of Algeria last year in Uyo.

The Eagles camp is bubbling with some exciting talent ahead of the clash as we throw some light as regards to the players who could set the pace for the Eagles against South Africa. The Nigerian side has some individual who can rise up to the occasion as they will be counted upon by their Coach Rohr.

We take a look at Super Eagles players capable of doing the damage at the weekend against the visiting side South Africa.

WILFRED NDIDI

The Leicester City defensive midfielder have risen in his strides in recent times as he scored the best goal in Belgium with KRC Genk last season from a superb volley outside the box before moving to join Leicester City in January.

The absence of John Obi Mikel creates more room for the young lad to feature in the Eagles midfield alongside stand-in skipper Ogenyi Onazi. His presence and midfield awareness is spot on and his range of passing and shooting is awesome and the Coach will be counting on those qualities against South Africa.

He will be expected to partner Onazi in the double midfield pivot as they attempt to shield the Eagles back four from any imminent danger from the visitors attack.

KELECHI IHEANACHO
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5475231_kelechiiheanacho_jpegda8ee099d9eb729d3eb4b899c639800e

The Manchester City forward will be one of the key men going into the game for Nigeria. The young Prodigy has been impressive on the green and white shirts scoring 7 goals out of 10 Super Eagles appearances.

The last of these goals came recently when they defeated Togo 3-0 in an International friendly with Leicester City forward Ahmed Musa also getting a brace.

His impressive form have also continued in training as he scored in the practice match that ended 1 goal apiece where he cancelled out Henry Onyekuru strike in a test game. His ability on the ball and composure in front of goal makes him a danger man and a Super Eagle reliable against the South African side.

HENRY ONYEKURU

The Arsenal prospect likely be making his International debut in a competitive game against South Africa at just 20 and looking promising after his positive performance in training where he was on the score sheet alongside Kelechi Iheanacho in the test game.

The forward turned 20 few days ago and will be looking forward to announce himself on the International scene with a debut goal.

His countenances including the Coach Gernot Rohr will be hoping that the forward produces the goods against the visitors when he steps onto the pitch as his quality have been awesome and worthy of admiration since his involvement in the National team and Nigerians can-t wait to unleash the young prodigy as a venom against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa.

OGHENEKARO ETEBO

The last but not the least is the midfield stalwart and sprinter dubbed by a section of the Nigerian media as the Nigerian Pogba. That alone speaks much about the Portuguese based attacker who is attracting several interests in some of the best teams across Europe.

The attacking style and the guile of the playmaker that can fit him in several positions in the Super Eagles team is what make him a superlative performer for the Eagles.

The young forward has an eye for goal as he scored in his official debut for the Eagles against Egypt in Kaduna back in March 2016. He announced himself on the global scene where he notched 4 goals past Japan in the 5-4 win at the Olympic games in Rio to outline his credentials.

Much will be expected from the midfielder as his pace and trickery evident in the African U23 qualifying Championship in Dakar, Senegal in December 2015 will come into play as Eagles face Bafana Bafana at the weekend in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Stadium.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/06/nigeria-vs-south-africa-nigerian.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
ZarZar:

6pm Central African Time(same in South Africa.) South Africa is an hour ahead of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Live: Nigeria vs South Africa - AFCON Qualifier

[img]https://1.bp..com/-d8yirW9T3wg/WTvflIOcNcI/AAAAAAAADtA/HzzyZdyQ8EQoaepvdvmQ4lL4fvJ_1kqjACLcB/s1600/Super%2BEagles%2B2016.jpg[/img]

Nigeria 0-0 South Africa

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Kick-off; 5:00PM
Venue; Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo, Nigeria

Nigeria and South Africa will resume their rivalry once again as the qualifiers for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations kick-off this weekend across the continent.

The Super Eagles have been a bogey team of sorts for Bafana Bafana, who have never beaten Nigeria at senior level in a competitive game.

A Tokelo Rantie brace, the last time the two sides met in Uyo-the same venue for Saturday’s game, nearly gave South Africa the first win over Nigeria until Sone Aluko’s brace put paid to that dream.

The carpet will be laid again at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium as the Super Eagles, just like their South African counterparts, look to get back into Africa’s showpiece football event.

Nigeria has missed the last two editions (2015 in Equatorial Guinea and 2017 in Gabon), an aberration that Rohr and his staff will want to correct.

Pitted in group E alongside South Africa, Libya and Seychelles, it looks like an easy run for the Eagles but previous failings will serve as warning bells not to take anything for granted.

Nigeria has no lost a game since Rohr took over and were 3-0 winners over Togo in a recent friendly in Paris while South Africa coach Stuart Baxter will make his bow against Nigeria in his second spell as Bafana coach.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/06/live-nigeria-vs-south-africa-afcon.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aadvark: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
my best lineup

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.