Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12029456 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10964) (10965) (10966) (10967) (10968) (10969) (10970) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
This is my last comment on this issue, after which I'll stick back to football only.

Despite all the countless reasons given to you on how they're not supporting the government. You still continue to abandon any form of rationality and just resort to emotions. I don't want to sound unconcerned here, but how is our national team connected with those massacres. Or have you heard of any situation where a national team stopped playing because of killings in the country. Rather they use it as a platform for campaign for healing and peace to the country.

I guess you have forgotten how the Super Eagles stood in solidarity with us during the game against Algeria. Osimhen and Simy's goal celebration. Some even made donations. Even some players like Zogg talked about endSARS long before anyone even knew she existed.

Do you fvcking think its fair we turn around to make them the government's supporters. Simply because they play for the National team? Our should we go ahead and close the national team because of Buhari? You should as well close your business join na.

Before you flaunt foul words, I am reflecting on the point of the man. He made a point that their actions show support of the government. The question is, is there a truth to his words? I feel so.

Abusing him or using vulgar terms does not change the debate.

Question: If all the Super Eagles players or Super Falcons players show up to a game with a view of making a statement against the blood shed going on in a crazy amount before the game, what will happen?

Imagine them coming out for a game holding flags like this. (that is representation of a blood stained country)

You and I know there is a big chance the current government will arrest them. Very big chance, especially if it happens on home soil.

The question is why?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
My take on this matter is that, I feel the man made a right call to express his grievances and did it on a platform that sent his message loud and clear. I still feel he went over the top. He should have been less confrontational.

As for our sports men and women, this is a trying time and I personally won't advise any of them to go over the top in speaking out. I am taking it as if they are my younger brothers and sisters. I am giving an advise I would give my younger ones.

At the end, it is true our sports ground could be a fighting platform but over the years, it has also been a point of refuge to shield our minds from the madness going on in the country.

Football in particular has been a source of joy to numerous people and I feel that is something worth protecting.

Finally we have little opportunity for success in this country. It seems those are the top are hell bent on blocking success for the younger generations. So if they entangle themselves in politics, it means making it difficult in an impossible terrain.

So I still praise the man for his words but I think football should remain a platform for hope and joy. Either way, I learnt a lot from this episode.

God bless all sports men and women showing the World the potential of Nigeria. Whether foreign born, foreign based or home based.

There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ifeanyi Matthew scores in Norway

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
PROVERBZ:
vpn

Which VPN please?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
do4luv14:
Ayam not understanding ooo, nag Zambia girls collect 10 from orange girls hand??

Na like so oranges sweet reach

That's why I'm still perplexed about how our girls didn't qualify.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barcelona2021(m): 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
The popular Jonathan Barnet of ICM stellar sport is now the agent of Alhassan Yusuf.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/icm-stellar-sports/beraterfirma/berater/190

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barcelona2021(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
Global Soccer management owned by a Swedish man; Patrick Mork discovered Alhassan.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/global-soccer-management/beraterfirma/berater/786

perhaps these football agents transfers players among themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

No it definitely wasn't because of apartheid. Mandela was president then.

Was Mandela the President in 1976?

I was talking about Olympic not 1996 AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
fabyom:
They have said it many times on here that you are an ethnic bigot but you always find a way to deny it. It's glaring to everyone who you truly are. Go and create a thread on Kiriji war if you are sure that your argument is valid. I will be there to school you. This is a sport session for Nigerians. Please keep it as such.

Who brought up Kiriji war? Me!? undecided

You definitely brought it up and gave false information which I rightly corrected but now you are accusing me of bringing it up.

You even went further to call me a ethnic bigot.

For real. Lol (see as I just Dey laugh for here).

I can’t debate with a sentimental and prejudice person like you.

However, I can see you are looking for fans and sympathizes.

Well, you have gotten.

fabyom:
You people were almost fighting yourself to extinction at Kiriji war before the white men forcefully stopped you. Amalgamation took the political war far away from home. I wonder what will happen when it gets to Egba's turn and Ibadan says no in your imaginary Odua republic? Operation wetii alone should tell you that the Yorubas sees politics as do or die.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
fabyom:
They have said it many times on here that you are an ethnic bigot but you always find a way to deny it. It's glaring to everyone who you truly are. Go and create a thread on Kiriji war if you are sure that your argument is valid. I will be there to school you. This is a sport session for Nigerians. Please keep it as such.

Can you please explain what you mean by ethnic bigot or where you found it in my statement?

Honestly, I can’t stop laughing. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
B. Innocent with an assist

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jesse sekidika starts for gala in an important champions league qualifier against psv ,while ozornwafor is on the bench

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
andrew444:
Jesse sekidika starts for gala in an important champions league qualifier against psv ,while ozornwafor is on the bench

Ozornwafor should leave Galatasaray to a club where he will get playing time.
They are wasting his time there.
It doesn't matter if it is a second division team in the Turkish league.
The way they are benching him bothers on sheer wickedness.
Why buy him from Enyimba as a talented teenager and consign him to the bench.
European clubs and their insincerity with African players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
I hope the NFF are working on getting Madueke? We can't afford to miss such a talent. He'll be a competition to chukwueze.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
lloydtruth:
I hope the NFF are working on getting Madueke? We can't afford to miss such a talent. He'll be a competition to chukwueze.
He also plays as an am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
lloydtruth:

Had he show any willingness he wants to play for us

If yes, he should start the process by submitting his switch to FIFA, and notifying the Nff

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hausa(m): 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
Utonwanne:

Not really bro.

Maybe or maybe not. I'm defending no party but....

In La liga, the rule is that first-team players (A-Team) are given 25 slots and MUST wear numbers 1-25. Keepers are given special numbers 1,13 & 25.

It's hard to retire jersey number(s) in Spain because of the said rule. Sevilla tried to retire Puerta's but could not unless they are ready to play with -1.

And also, Alaba is a BIG player.
Thanks for this insight. I guess Italy doesn't have same rule. They retire numbers like Kilode.

But Messi's number sha...
Dem no suppose wear am again once he retire sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hausa(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
do4luv14:
Ayam not understanding ooo, nag Zambia girls collect 10 from orange girls hand??

Na like so oranges sweet reach
I was shocked when I saw the scoreline. Be that as it may, I'm impressed about the fact that a single player from Zambia scored all three goals.
I checked her out and saw that she plays in a Chinese club.
Scoring three goals against Netherlands is no mean feat. I'm sure top clubs would seek her signature when the tournament's over.

But wait o...
Is the Olympic football not an u23 thing anymore these days?
A lot of very old players are in this tournament.
What am I missing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
Wolfsburg have completed the signing of German-born attacking midfielder of Nigerian descent Felix Nmecha, informs the official website of the German Bundesliga side.

Nmecha has joined Wolfsburg on a free transfer following his release by Premier League champions Manchester City, where he spent almost eleven years.

An England youth international, Nmecha has put pen to paper on a three-year contract at Wolfsburg, until 2024, and becomes the club's fifth signing in the off season.

The 20-year-old has departed Manchester City after making three appearances for their first team including debuts in the Champions League, Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

"I’m pleased to be here and I’m grateful for the confidence that VfL have placed in me. I’m ready to give my best for the team and be successful," Felix Nmecha said.

Felix follows in the footsteps of his elder brother Lukas Nmecha who completed a move to Wolfsburg this month.

The younger Nmecha will begin training with his new teammates on Thursday at the training camp in Bad Waltersdorf in Austria.

For the upcoming season, Felix has been assigned the number 22 jersey.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
lloydtruth:
the guy don't want to represent Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
he should have retired that jersey number in honour of Ramos angry
Ppogbae:
Why would Florentino Perez disrespect Ramos like this? See Bad belle...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Wolfsburg have completed the signing of German-born attacking midfielder of Nigerian descent Felix Nmecha, informs the official website of the German Bundesliga side.

Nmecha has joined Wolfsburg on a free transfer following his release by Premier League champions Manchester City, where he spent almost eleven years.

An England youth international, Nmecha has put pen to paper on a three-year contract at Wolfsburg, until 2024, and becomes the club's fifth signing in the off season.

The 20-year-old has departed Manchester City after making three appearances for their first team including debuts in the Champions League, Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

"I’m pleased to be here and I’m grateful for the confidence that VfL have placed in me. I’m ready to give my best for the team and be successful," Felix Nmecha said.

Felix follows in the footsteps of his elder brother Lukas Nmecha who completed a move to Wolfsburg this month.

The younger Nmecha will begin training with his new teammates on Thursday at the training camp in Bad Waltersdorf in Austria.

For the upcoming season, Felix has been assigned the number 22 jersey.
this guy too is not going to play for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
forgiveness:

Was Mandela the President in 1976?

I was talking about Olympic not 1996 AFCON.

Ok I thought u were talking about 96. My bad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
maidaboi:
oga carry your negativity shift one side abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
maidaboi:
the guy don't want to represent Nigeria
you be em agent abi papa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ppogbae:

That's why I'm still perplexed about how our girls didn't qualify.
African quota system by CAF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Ok I thought u were talking about 96. My bad

No ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
maidaboi:
Ifeanyi Matthew scores in Norway
I thought this guy would have been a hit by now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
dozai:

I thought this guy would have been a hit by now.
same here too, once had so much hope on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hausa:
I was shocked when I saw the scoreline. Be that as it may, I'm impressed about the fact that a single player from Zambia scored all three goals.
I checked her out and saw that she plays in a Chinese club.
Scoring three goals against Netherlands is no mean feat. I'm sure top clubs would seek her signature when the tournament's over.

But wait o...
Is the Olympic football not an u23 thing anymore these days?
A lot of very old players are in this tournament.
What am I missing?

There's no age limit for the women tournament at the Olympics...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
maidaboi:
he may since he is yet to be capped by the 3 lions.

I go only comot eye once the England Snr team cap him, Eze and other in competitive games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hausa(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
Danielnino00:

There's no age limit for the women tournament at the Olympics...
Oh...
Didn't know that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10964) (10965) (10966) (10967) (10968) (10969) (10970) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.