Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,777 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12002506 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Igbospower(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2017
Humility017:

nice one...
to be true....awaziem wasn't too poor that day
presently I will put him and omeruo on same class....
moreover he is even more better on aerial balls.
talking about echiejie....we are not looking for experienced players to replace him but a young pacy player that can link up join the attack when the need arises...Kingsley madu comes to mind but the dude really need to top up his game to get SE call ups...
no doubt ideye is one player that have been used to Africa football.... we may need him should V. Moses be absent
Ahh!!! Kingsley even presently is a much more reliable player to echiejie self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Igbospower(m): 8:27am On Jun 17, 2017
Pls a quick question, can sm1 tell me y Kingsley madu is not called up to the SE setup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2017
Lol.... true... even if it had worked.

Anyway, that was me speaking from my personal standpoint as regards Desperate situations...... sometimes I just feel like The players should switch things even at the risk of being benched afterwards especially when they know such risks will or can pay off for the team on matchday ... a few times, we must be crazy to make things work. But in all, I did say he stuck to his role after all.

Anyway shaa.... it's all good. What's up with your Citizens nation? And how are you doing personally Sir GoodJoe? sometimes, we get into lots of debate and talks here without actually asking the other's wellbeing... abeg how are you doing Sir?

TheGoodJoe:
I didn't see this fight in Iheanacho.... sorry... I Love him but he should have taken the bull by the horn also... seeing how scattered our midfielders were... Nacho should have talked to Etebo and Onazi (captain on the day and one of two most experienced players on the field that day)..... boned the tactics that were not working and simply taken matters into his hands... Like Dropping deep and allowing Etebo take up advanced positions upfront while he Nacho under chameleon effect takes over the No.10 role... he is still good at that (the no 10 role) God Dammit!!!!!

If Nacho had tried switching position with Etebo, the Coach will so bench him. Coaches are sensitive to that kind of thing. Rohr put Nacho there due to his killer instincts. In midfield, it is easy to switch, Onazi - Ndidi but strikers can hardly leave his duty post.

That should have been Rohr's decision and probably getting Osimhen/Kayode to come in for Etebo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2017
**News from about three days ago or so...

Dennis ” Nigerian Neymar ” Bonaventure Touch Down Belgium For Pre Season With Club Brugge

Highly rated Nigerian forward Dennis Bonaventure has arrived Belgium to formally kick off his career with Club Brugge following his transfer from Ukrainian side Zorya last month.

The fleet footed forward is expected to play a big role in the team’s campaign in this year UEFA Champions League where they will be involved from the qualifying rounds of the tournament.

Nicknamed Nigerian Neymar he distinguished himself in his debut season with Zorya scoring vital goals and twice against league champions Shakhtar Donestk, and also played in the Europa League where he starred in both legs against Manchester United in the group stage.

Quick,skillful and full of invention, the 19 year old started his career at the prestigious Football College Abuja before he was spotted by scouts of Zorya 18 months ago.

He told this portal last month that he is hoping to have a strong second season to help him achieve his dream of playing for the senior national team of Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/14/dennis-nigerian-neymar-bonaventure-touch-down-belgium-for-pre-season-with-club-brugge/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:58am On Jun 17, 2017
REVEALED : Reasons Rohr Picked Awaziem Over Omeruo Vs Bafana

Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively reveal the real reasons why Gernot Rohr dropped Alanyaspor defender Kenneth Omeruo from the Super Eagles team that lost 2-0 to South Africa in last Saturday's 2019 AFCON qualifier against South Africa in Uyo.

An impeccable source in the Nigeria Football Federation Technical Committiee revealed that the German tactician was not convinced the Alanyaspor loanee from Chelsea was psychologically ready to face Tokelo Rantie who gave the 24 year old a torrid time at the same venue in 2014.

On a day when Nigeria badly needed a win, Omeruo endured a miserable afternoon, with Rantie scoring twice as the Super Eagles could only force a 2-2 draw at home to South Africa which dashed their hopes of qualifying for the 2015 AFCON in Equatorial Guinea.

"Rohr opted to keep faith with the new boys in camp at the expense of some experienced players in the team," the source told Completesportsnigeria.com .

"A player like Omeruo should have played in that game ahead of Chidozie Awaziem, but Rohr wasn't satisfied with him due to his past duel with Rantie who still scored the opener against Nigeria last Saturday.

"That's why after the Technical Committee meeting it was resolved that the team needs a psychologist and will be meeting frequently with the Committee unlike before."

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/revealed-reasons-rohr-picked-awaziem-omeruo-vs-bafana/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2017
Dropping deep and allowing Etebo take up advanced positions upfront while he Nacho under chameleon effect takes over the No.10 role... he is still good at that (the no 10 role) God Dammit!!!!! [/b]

If Nacho had tried switching position with Etebo, the Coach will so bench him. Coaches are sensitive to that kind of thing. Rohr put Nacho there due to his killer instincts. In midfield, it is easy to switch, Onazi - Ndidi but strikers can hardly leave his duty post.

That should have been Rohr's decision and probably getting Osimhen/Kayode to come in for Etebo.
[/quote] I just love this guy called thegoodjoe... for me Rohr lost that match, he took SA for granted and lacked technical depth on the match day... he looked so confused! no thanks to Onazi that kept burning nitro for nothing confusing the defense line and co midfielders... As for Etebo dude is good no doubt but he lacks creativity... Iheanacho, it's only a fool that would blame this young man because even a blind man could see that he wad starved of the ball.... Echiejile, uhmmmm So much for experience players. Rohr should be criticized, he looked lost in the match. Baxter just got him schooled.. one thing is sure, we will pick up our broken pieces and bounce back to victory, overall we can't always win but truth is we lost in an embarrassing manner. not even a shot in target!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:08am On Jun 17, 2017
Why the NFF HAD TO WAIT FOR A FIRST LOSS to recognise the importance of a team psychologist is baffling!!!!!

Don't they learn?? And that technical committee or whatever had to wait for a first loss before they finally sat together for the first time in almost over a year.... isn't that crazy?? They should be having technical meetings at least once a month or once every two months sef.... This is Nigerian football they are toying with here... They better get their acts right.

Nonsense!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12am On Jun 17, 2017
**Superstition or logistics? cheesy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFF Move World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Clash Against Cameroon From “Cursed” Uyo Stadium

The World Cup 2018 Qualifiers clash between Nigeria and Cameroon later in the year has been moved from the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Sources at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) revealed the game will now be played in Port Harcourt as the football house are no longer comfortable with the spate of bad results in Uyo.

Super Eagles have won just two games at the magnificent Godswill Akpabio Stadium with the recent loss against South Africa proving to be the last straw for dumping the ground.

Although there are reports that the stadium is under a spell, Owngoalnigeria.com gathered, the reason for moving the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers against Cameroon from the stadium was purely on logistics grounds.

Transportation to the stadium factored as part of the reasons, as it takes 45 minutes to drive from the hotel of the Super Eagles to the stadium, while the none presence of vocal home support also played a role.

The choice of Port Harcourt is yet to be fully agreed as renovation works at the ground is yet to be completed, so Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna and the national stadium in Abuja have been placed on standby.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/15/nff-move-world-cup-2018-qualifiers-clash-against-cameroon-from-cursed-uyo-stadium/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:19am On Jun 17, 2017
Shame on the NFF! So something as basic as Match balls is so hard ehn! But they wanna start vetting the team's list abi..... as if their silly sentiments won't come to play... issokay...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIGERIAN FEDERATION BLASTED BY PLAYERS FOLLOWING SA CLASH

Kelechi Iheanacho of Nigeria (c) and Ramahlwe Mphahlele (r) and Erick Mathoho of South Africa (l) during the 2019 Afcon football qualifier between Nigeria and South Africa at Godswill Akpabio International Stadium on June 10, 2017 in Uyo State, Nigeria. @Kabiru Abubakar/BackpagePix
by Phumzile Ngcatshe

Nigeria's 2-0 loss to South Africa seems to have left the country divided with some players lambasting the Nigerian Football Federation and blaming them for the defeat.

Media reports in the country reveal that an unnamed player said the NFF's failure to have official match balls was a national disgrace.

The BBC reports that the NFF did not have official match balls for the 2019 CAF Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo last Saturday, but had 2016 balls which were turned down by officials.

The move prompted the officials to use balls provided by their opponents, South Africa, and the loss seems to be credited to the official match ball.

Reports suggest that the Super Eagles turned up at the ground without balls approved by CAF because the entire consignment of 250 sent to the Nigeria Football Federation is still stuck at a port awaiting clearance.

Furthermore, the report reveals that the Super Eagles trained with balls provided by Nike, their kit sponsors and only got a feel of the 2017 CAF balls during the pre-match warm-up.

"It's not the reason we lost but we trained with different balls only to use another ball for the game," said a player to the BBC, who requested anonymity.

"To borrow match balls from your opponent is not only bizarre but embarrassing," said another one,

Meanwhile, CAF sent 250 footballs to Nigeria in January to use for the CAF Champions League, Confederation Cup and international matches.

However, the balls were reportedly dispatched to the wrong address and the NFF has promised to work on the matter.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/714192/Nigerian-Federation-blasted-by-players-following-SA-clash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2017
Nigeria U23 Skipper Okechukwu Named In Dream Team In Turkey

Nigeria U23 skipper Azubuike Okechukwu has been recognized for his outstanding performance for Yeni Malatyaspor last season, with TRT Spor Canlı naming him in their Team of the Season.

The combative midfielder was involved in 29 matches last term in the First League, and was not selected for five due to national team duties and yellow card suspensions.

Okechukwu took to social media to express his joy, tweeting :

''Feeling very honoured to be named in the Turkish lig 1 team of the year, Thanks to GOD, my team mates and the fans. Can't wait 4 super lig.''

In the Dream Team, the former Bayelsa United star occupied one of the central midfield positions in a 4-4-2 formation.
He is on the radar of Besiktas, Galatasaray S.K , Osmanlispor and Kasimpasa in the summer transfer window.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23428
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2017
Who noticed shehu did well but was timid joining the attack, I like ebuehi's take on and confidence on the ball.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Exclusive – Nigeria U-17 Star Kingsley Michael Makes Bologna Pre Season Squad

Nigeria youth international midfielder Kingsley Michael will join Serie A side Bologna when they resume for pre season training later in the month.

Michael joined the team in January but had to return back to Nigeria as his visa expired, but he is now processing a long stay visa which will see him have the chance to push for a spot in the main team.

Already his childhood friend and youth team counterpart Orji Okonkwo has broken into the first team of the Serie A side after a remarkable time with the youth team following his transfer last summer.

The duo will be hoping to reignite their partnership in pre season training with the Serie A side, with Okonkwo already tipped to have a big season by coach Roberto Donadoni who handed him a start against champions Juventus last season.

They were part of the all conquering Nigerian U-17 team of 2015 alongside the likes of Victor Osimhen, Lukman Zakari, Joel Osikeel, John Lazarus, David Enogela among others.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/16/exclusive-nigeria-u-17-star-kingsley-michael-makes-bologna-pre-season-squad-2/

I like this boy from the day he came off the bench during the U17 World cup to score. He was one of those who impressed me.

He will go places from the look of things going well for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27am On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Just as I predicted.... the thread went into a bashing tone just because of one loss.... cheesy

I could easily predict who will bash who.... wink

Sir TheGoodJoe... thank you for your invaluable analyses. You tried to be objective and you were to a great extent.... but when it came to Akpeyi. Lemme say this.... That guy is a nightmare... yeah... but he is better than an Agbim at least. "Slightly Better"... lol. That first goal have beaten a good number goalies I know and have seen on TV in top leagues. Besides... there is the saying that a "Header on target is 9 out of 10 times a goal".... that saying was back in the days when I was a junior forward in secondary school. I just recoined it... wink

And On Awaziem... wow! I remember being among the first to say His partnership with Ekong will likely feature against South Africa. I said so after the Togo game.... honestly when I saw him in the line-up, Initially I was happy... lad is good quality no doubt. But well... the occasion was too much for him and yes he had a game he wouldn't wanna remember but I wouldn't blame him entirely. Our Midfield was the problem >>>>> MIGHTY TRUTH... IF NO ONE HAMMERS ON THIS, THEN THAT PERSON IS TALKING ABSOLUTE TRASH.

I remember when I dropped a post here warning that that game will be lost and won in the midfield. I listed Furman and even a Zungu as men to be wary of but also said if our midfield three of Onazi, Ndidi and Etebo clicks.. then it would not be an issue. But On Saturday I saw The New Revelation of St. Eagles....

It seems Onazi and Ndidi cannot play together... On paper that midfield three looks really good and solid... but when played out... what did we see?? too many overhit passes to the forward line especially the center forward line... Iheanacho suffered Majorly from poor service and too many over hit passes and through balls... Up to about four or five times in that first half, My Goodness, Had it been Mikel or lemme say An Ajagun (WHERE IS FORGIVENESS?? He hasn't even taken advantage to make case for Ajagun since Etebo as a 10 just didn't click...), Iheanacho would have gotten those balls well hit to him and he will do the rest... and wreck those Southies.... but it was not to be..... Even a few minds who saw the game with me were always asking "Plsss, who is the person in that midfield hitting these rockets to outer space when the no.9 is just there and have opened up??" smh...

... But Hey Iheanacho also didn't have a great game.. he was simply below par but ofcos the best Eagles Chance of the first half was created by Him... Etebo flunked it!!! if Nacho had missed that we will be seeing new tones from the prosecuting attorney of Sir Goldfish80 and Sir Mickael2 pointing it out with the "I told you so" and "Nacho is not top quality" sticks.... loollll

Well... they both have been doing a good job of it lately. Kudos to their "Attorneyship" grin

It is amazing how Iheanacho became the center of the blame here when the midfield was the Eagles' problem all game!!! All the players were poor.... most especially all the midfielders.... Onazi (love him when he tries to make amends but in doing so some times, he ends up scattering our midfield organization), Ndidi (my favorite MF in the team after Mikel... lad was all over the place and no where at all... lol), and Etebo (our beloved workhorse.... was just confused as the guys watching and wondering who the hell is hitting those poor balls from the CMF/AMF positions to Kentucky when Nacho was in Baltimore) were all poor....... buuuutttt Simon Moses gave me the best response I expected from the other players when we went one nil down.

Simon moses showcased the fight and hunger in him with his daring plays...... but ofcos his end product is still lacking but at least we saw the fight in the lad.

I didn't see this fight in Iheanacho.... sorry... I Love him but he should have taken the bull by the horn also... seeing how scattered our midfielders were... Nacho should have talked to Etebo and Onazi (captain on the day and one of two most experienced players on the field that day)..... boned the tactics that were not working and simply taken matters into his hands... Like Dropping deep and allowing Etebo take up advanced positions upfront while he Nacho under chameleon effect takes over the No.10 role... he is still good at that (the no 10 role) God Dammit!!!!! angry

That way Ndidi and Onazi will adjust and Maybe.. just maybe we would have salvaged a draw.... who knows?

NOW THIS IS ME TALKING FROM A PERSONAL ANALYTICAL STANDPOINT... BUT STILL, HE IS NOT TO BLAME... His primary duty as the no.9 was well defined and he stuck to it... but the passes from midfield were always Overhit and "overcooked" (Mind if I borrow that word Sir BascoVanVeli... thank you wink )

So in all.... I could go on and on.... But let me commend Sir Joebie for trying to bring back that science of the game talk.... gosh! our team really needs to be looked at and let us decide on the one formation that suits us... and the players best for that formation... Even if it means Iheanacho benches... then so be it mehn! I just Want the Super Eagles to grow into world class competitive level... but you see a player like Nacho?

I see him occupying a big role in this team's future.... we have to be fair when analysing the lad. The act he pulled when dragging his feet and being almost non-challant to the sub situation he found himself didn't actually mean Disrespect...... nooo... Nacho was not disrespecting anyone... neither was he just being Stupid.

Truth is this... from a keen psychological point of view... I have it on good authority that Nacho's attitude that day was the reaction you see from " Winners" or "Players with winners' attitude".... Champions beat and blame themselves even when the bulk of blame is not theirs to bear...

Nacho sees himself as one of the team's saviors when it matters most and HE JUST DIDN'T COME TO THE PARTY. He was just BELOW PAR. Yes we can talk on and on about the Over hit passes but truth is... Champions make the best out of any situation they find themselves and Nacho knew within himself that he didn't do enough. So he was right to shoulder the blame.. because that, right there, is what Champions (or players with champions attitude) do.

Teaser: Do you know that The June 10 historical loss to South Africa was Iheanacho's First Loss as A Super Eagles player when on the pitch?? He has only known Victories and draws... He was not even involved in the 1-0 loss in Alexandria, Egypt under Siasia...

That should tell you more of the psychological wave of guilt that swept through Nacho's mind when he saw himself being substituted... Imagine when you are nicknamed " Goals" and the coach takes you "Goals" out.... loolll... that is game over for you and for the team. Nacho knew that and he was indeed Below par in that game. Case Closed on Nacho. He will bounce back stronger I am sure... but let the best and most suitable start against Cameoroun... if august comes and it is still Nacho... then fellas... sorry... Nacho must play. Gbam!

Lemme end it here....
or should I? wink

From now, let's move on forward... one loss cannot suddenly rubbish the fact that we indeed have a golden generation on our hands....

We just have to get things right and utilise the very best we have... NOT BASED ON WHO PLAYS FOR THE BIG CLUBS... NOPE! BUT ON WHO IS TOP QUALITY EAGLES MATERIALS....

Sir JOEBIE DROPPED A LIST OF THE CAMEROONIAN TEAM THAT CONQUERED AFRICA... I remember Sir Goldfish80 talking about the quality of that team... he was right about them and we saw how they roared to the title...

It is not in glamorous clubs that we must base our analysis of the team's Line-up....... it is in actual top talents and what these players can bring to the team...

When I talk for Iheanacho for instance, it is because I know what that lad brings and we all here know it too... we know his talents and his growing reputation... IT IS NOT because HE IS IN MANCHESTER CITY.... NOPE!!!

It is because Kelechi is truly a class-Act.

When I called Mikel World class... people said I was stupid... and just crazily sentimental... you see now that he is the one world class quality that would have won us that game against South Africa and even made Awaziem's debut look so good sef... I bet you that had Mikel been on that pitch leading that team... we would have won and Awaziem will be hailed as Omeruo's quick super replacement...

Mikel's quality alone covered for the team's loop holes... but many didn't know... yet Some time ago... some of you wanted Mikel out... it is okay... sebi I am still mad to call him World class...See as i just dey look all of una....

The only invasion the thread ever experienced was becos I called Mikel World class... Some even termed him useless and a non-entity.... chaiiii... Now guys are saying... Ohhh Mikel is so important to the team... he was greatly missed. Shut up joor! Na now some people dey know... Loolll cheesy

Bottomline:

We need to move forward and do so wisely... WE MUST NOT BE OVERLY REACTIONARY because OF ONE LOSS... Like Sir Jospeh1013, I too am not bothered we lost... To be honest I kinda saw it coming after seeing Baxter's last batch of technical interviews before the game. He got our team spot on and knew we wouldn't be fielding a Mikel or moses or balogun or Ikeme... he played on our subtle weaknesses and exposed them... and that was my biggest silent fear... and our midfield made matters worse than worst.... sad

I just didn't wanna be seen as suddenly "Pessimistic" which is why I stayed away long before the game began but coincidentally I also fell sick (wasn't feeling too good in the week leading up to the game)... so I'm back... and it is for us to move forward...

Enough of the bashings... Let's move forward...

Enough of "Experience vs Youth..."

Truth is Both failed us that day... But we have the chance to make things right.

We still have a new golden generation on our hands people... this is the gospel truth... let us not blow it.... we can see this through...

come on now... let's do this okay... come on y'all... cheesy

Let's make a come back... wink

I tire.

I want Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, One of inform Chinko strikers ( Ideye or Martins), Enyeama, Aluko and Ikeme back to the national team.

In addition, Abdul Ajagun (the only Nigerian player in Europe playing the no 10 role for almost 4 season consistently), Raheem Lawal, Nwokolor, Dominic Iorfa and Ezekiel Imoh (if he successfully moves to Turkey).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:38am On Jun 17, 2017
True talk. Rohr is beginning to be seen as a bias coach else he wouldn't have ignored one the best player in the Championship for Bundesliga second division player, Portuguese second division player, and Cypriots league player.

He's corrupt if he continues in this thread and he should be fired straight away. No nonsense should be allowed in the National team.

Rohr made mistake excluding Championship players from Eagles – Aluko

Published June 17, 2017
Share Tweet Share
Gernot Rohr

Fulham forward, Sone Aluko, in this interview with Idris Adesina talks about the recent defeat of the Super Eagles by South Africa and how football can develop in Nigeria.

At Fulham, you had a very busy season playing more than 45 games. How do you feel missing out on promotion at the last minute?

It was a very good season I had with Fulham because I played a up to 50 matches – both in the league and the Cup games. It was quite unfortunate that we couldn’t get promotion to the Premier League at the end of last season because we lost out in the playoffs. But we will go back and keep working hard and see what we get at the end of next season. Fulham is a good club with a strong structure, a good coach and a crop of good players – they’ve been in the Premier League before – so it is not going to be easy but we can achieve it as much as we almost did last season.

You have been out of the Super Eagles for a while and you have said you will like to return. Do you see your return coming soon?

I am still a Nigerian player and the joy of any player is to have as many national caps as possible under his belt. The coach (Gernot Rohr) has a plicy of looking at players in the top leagues in Europe and not in the English Championship. But that is a mistake on his part because there are many good players in the league. Many other African countries select their players from the Championship. Some of my teammates at Fulham like Floyd Ayite of Togo and Neeskens Kebano of DR Congo still get call ups because they are regulars at the club. It is painful that you played more than 40 games for your club but your national team coach didn’t have a look at you. The Championship is actually one of the toughest leagues to play in – tougher than some of the top leagues of some countries in Europe – but I believe that when the time comes, I will get another go in the national team. For now I am focusing on my club career at Fulham and working at ensuring we get a return to the Premier League.

Your two goals against South Africa in the qualifiers for the 2015 African Cup of Nations saved the country from what would have been a disgrace. How did you feel when the country lost 2-0 to Bafana Bafana in another AFCON qualifier in Uyo?

It was really sad to see that Nigeria couldn’t make the 2015 and 2017 AFCONs. But it was ironical that the same team I scored two goals against as a substitute in 2014 came to defeat us at the same stadium three years after. Having the record against South Africa back then intact was good but the loss last Saturday in Uyo was not too good. It showed that the team need to be worked upon. To lose is bad but to lose to a team you have never lost to and on home turf was worse.

What do you think of the Eagles’ chances in the remaining 2019 AFCON and 2018 World Cup qualifiers?

The Eagles are made up of fighters and I believe that the team will bounce back from the defeat and get their acts together to still qualify for the World Cup and the AFCON. The coach only needs to work on the areas of weaknesses and get the right players for the job.

The England U-20 team, who just won the U-20 World Cup, have six players of Nigerian descent. Would you advice them to choose Nigeria ahead of England for their senior careers?

As a footballer and with the experience I have had with the Eagles, I would have them think twice before choosing Nigeria because the country has not been treating those who previously made the decision well. But as a Nigerian, I will encourage them to choose Nigeria because they have a higher chance of playing for the team than in England. You have to be extra-talented and consistent to play for the Three Lions. I chose Nigeria ahead of England but since I made the switch, I haven’t had much playing time. Probably because I wasn’t lucky enough – a lot of factors like the frequent change of coaches – and each coach will have some players he’d like to feature in games. So, it actually comes down to how Nigeria is willing to treat them before they can choose the Eagles ahead of the Lions.

This is the third edition of the Ambassador’s Cup. What is the rationale behind the organisation of this competition?

The Ambassador’s Cup was borne out of my desire to see football grow from the grassroots. I discovered that these recent years, I come to Nigeria more frequently during the off-season and I thought that I could use that window to get something together for the footballers at the grassroots. Nigeria is filled with talents but the platforms to show them are not there. I want to give a platform to help them nurture their talents and see what could be done to help the exceptional ones among them. I also see it as an opportunity to encourage them to be more steadfast in what they are doing and know that success comes with opportunities while learning lifetime behaviours as well. The goal of the competition is to take football everywhere – including universities – while getting them to focus on their education as well.

The competition is held in partnership with COD United…

Yes. COD United shares my vision and values of youth empowerment through football. We share the same belief of giving the young players the opportunity to showcase their talents through the sport. We’ve been together for close to five years now and every year the competition is growing stronger. It’s been fulfilling doing this and I believe that I am investing into the Nigerian society because it’s not the same as giving back – I didn’t grow in the system – so seeing the growth and the talents being transformed into good players gives me a sense of fulfilment.

How will you assess the level of footballing talents we have here in Nigeria?

Talents are in abundance in this country but not much has changed in terms of opportunities to showcase these talents. Football is a passion here so all the children play football regularly and follow it. Whatever age-grade you want to have, they are there ready to be nurtured into stars. Getting the talents is not the problem with Nigerian football but the structure to grow them and give them the opportunity they require is the greatest challenge of football in Nigeria.

What do you think of this competition in a few years time?

I want to be the pioneer to a lot of other players out there to come back home and do something such as this. In a few years, I want to look back and see that more opportunities have been created for these young ones through such competitions as this put together by other players abroad.

What are the challenges of putting the Ambassador’s Cup together?

There are lots of challenges but with a team and partner like COD United, the challenges are reduced. For instance, I can only be in Nigeria for a maximum of two weeks in a year. Without a team like COD already here, getting to organise this competition within that space of time will be tough. But with them, most of the work needed to be done would have been arranged while we only tidy the other loose ends when I come around.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/rohr-made-mistake-excluding-championship-players-from-eagles-aluko/amp/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
Joebie:
Another veteran has towed my line of thinking again.

by Segun Odegbami 16/06/2017, 16:52

Eagles - this time truly beaten

Last Saturday in Uyo, something went very wrong for Nigeria’s Super Eagles, and very right for South Africa’s Bafana Bafana.

While Nigerians were stunned into a state of disbelief by the pedestrian performance of their national team, South Africans were ecstatic in celebrating the heights to which their football soared in defeating the once-invincible Eagles with unbelievable ease.

The victory was not a fluke. It was real, and its significance is that, finally, the jinx of Nigeria’s 25-year superiority of competitive football between the two countries has been broken, the calabash shattered, and the myth destroyed, forever. Things will never be the same again between the two countries in football.

Such a feat by the South Africans, as was displayed by their team, is never accomplished in a day or in a sprint. Becoming a football giant is never achieved overnight. It is usually a marathon, a painstaking journey, a systematic progression through stages of slow development armed with the patience of a vulture that can produce such a performance.

In short, the improvement of Bafana Bafana is real. It has taken them all of 25 years to break through the psychological, physical and technical barriers that generally held them back for so long.

Nigeria has been their ultimate litmus test because, aside from never defeating Nigeria, it has never been an easy task for any country to accomplish. So, to do so on Nigerian ground was an exceptional feat that must be acknowledged, even though the Eagles were also abysmally poor on the night.

The South African team played with a lot of gusto, confidence, discipline, organisation and with a simple strategy that was executed effectively and masterfully. Towards the end of the match, they made the Nigerian team look like bungling school boys. The Nigerians resorted to the football of the 1960s – long, high hopeful balls from defence to a frontline that was tamed by towering defenders.

At the end of the day, everyone agrees, Gernot Rohr is to blame. It was all his fault, his mistakes, and his responsibility. The team he assembled was simply not good enough.

He took South Africa for granted and assumed that any team he assembled would defeat them based on history and past tradition. He played with the weakest goalkeeper to have ever kept goal for the Super Eagles. He played a young debutant in the heart of the defence.

He played with three great defensive midfielders in one team at the same time. Throughout most of the match they clashed in their roles. He did not have a holding midfield player as well as a creative midfield general. He did not play the young in-form forwards at the start of the game. He did not have the player(s) to calm things down when the going got tough, and to maintain some discipline in his formation.

Finally, he only deployed his new, young, in-form and lethal forwards late in the game when the match had already been lost. The players became totally lost, and will now require some deep psychological healing to regain their confidence going forward.

But having said all of that, I refuse to take back my words from last week that a new Super Eagles team is in the offing.

It is apparent that Rohr, the German manager of the Super Eagles, did not have the deep understanding of the psychology of Nigerian football - that you do not pamper players hewn on the rough, tough, crisis-driven and chaotic diet of Nigerian football. Clemens Westerhof made them ‘mad’ by depriving them, annoying them, challenging them and daring them before throwing them into the dungeon of hard games. Rohr must take a few lessons from his methods.

The greatest challenge Rohr will now have to face is how to rekindle the Nigerian spirit in the team and to restore the self-confidence that must have been shattered by their failure to live up to all the pre-match hype and huge expectations of Nigerians in the new players.

The absence of the experiences of players like Vincent Enyeama, John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses was apparent in that match. Those individuals were needed at a point during the match to calm down the players and help them to maintain their more effective passing game with fast runs down the flanks to break down the South African defence until the very end.

So, beyond last Saturday, Rohr’s work is well cut out for him. He must have learned new and useful lessons. Some elementary mistakes were made that must never be repeated.

He must get the Eagles to put this painful defeat behind them, and start to slowly nurture the team back to health. He needs time and many matches, both of which, unfortunately, are in short supply. He must finally reassure Nigerians about the future to secure their full support again.

Rohr, without question, has the right temperament. He is cool, calm and collected. The last things he needs now are any form of rebuke or interference by the NFF, its technical committee or the public. What he needs is support and understanding.

These Eagles can still be the future of Nigerian football if Rohr does not allow this one match to destabilise, discourage and distract him from his goal of a new and better Super Eagles team that can play at the highest levels.

He has embarked on the journey already and is assembling the right kind of squad amongst those available presently around the world. He will encounter hiccups like the South African defeat along the way, but how he manages to weather the storms and still maintain a winning tradition through the critical and difficult matches ahead will be his ultimate challenge.

The team needs an injection of a few critical mature and experienced players in the side, particularly in goal, in the heart of the defense and in the attacking midfield position.

It needs a creative midfield general, an artist, a player that can hold the ball and deliver ‘killer’ passes to free a frontline brimming with goal-scoring talent. The very quick attackers must be filled with the confidence and freedom to take on defenders, use the spaces in the flanks and their natural physicality within the box to finish in front of goal.

So, although their wings are temporarily clipped, they will soon grow back, and the Eagles will fly high once again.

This time the Super Eagles were truly well beaten. I say congratulations to Bafana Bafana for a well-deserved victory!

https://www.supersport.com/football/blogs/segun-odegbami/Eagles_this_time_truly_beaten

Professor Segun Odegbami the tactical mathematician, the first Nigerian to be nominated as the African footballer of the year, the game changer, etc you have spoken very very very very very reasonably, intelligently,plainly etc wella.

I know many will not agree for one reason, and it's where you said 'he didn't play the young and inform forwards at the start of the game'. Bhuhahahaha!

You should have been bold and plain enough to say forward instead of forwards o -ha! and nothing go do you. grin

Who doesn't know you're referring to the only infomed striker in the team called Kayode. grin chaiiiii!

Some people go get heart attack oooo,

Can you imagine that out of the 11 players that started the match on the disastrous day only Shehu (image Cyprus player), Moses, Ndidi, Onazi, and Etebor are starters and regulars in their various clubs while the remaining 6 players are first class, second class and third class bench warmers. Meanwhile, Rohr was expecting American wander in that game jampacked with unfit players and expected to win soundly.

That's is what I call mumunism coach. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
I smell...*sniff* shocked cry

Rohr – I Rejected Bribes From Agents Who Want Their Players In Super Eagles

The coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says only the best players will be called up to the senior national team of Nigeria despite push from agents to get their players in the team.

Ade Ojeikere of Sportinglife reports the manager made the statement on Friday morning through one of his aide, who also confirmed that the manager rejected bribes and lobbies from European club agents who want their players in the team.

Rohr’s aide revealed further that the manager closely monitors his players along with his assistants before picking those who are ready for the Nigeria assignment.

The coach is even ready to show his employers the indices he uses to pick players for the country’s international matches.

“‘ Rohr recognises the mistakes made by the largely inexperienced side. He knows how to come out of it, but he wouldn’t want to divulge his strategy since the world is a global village.

” Our next game is against Cameroon and happily they are busy in the Confederations Cup, which give us enough time to watch them”, Rohr’s aide said.

Ade Emmanuel

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/890249443?-19787:21190:3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Liverpool Striker Among Top Ten Most Valuable Nigerian Teenagers (Full List)

Published: June 17, 2017

Nigeria U23 international Taiwo Awoniyi is among the top ten most valuable Nigerian teenagers, according to the German website transfermarkt.com.

The Liverpool striker, who has been linked with a departure from Anfield this summer on loan or permanently, will fetch €400,000 in transfer fees, and ranked fourth in the list.

Samuel Kalu is now the most expensive Nigerian teenager, replacing Eupen frontman Henry Onyekuru who celebrated his 20th birthday on June 5.

The Gent sensation is valued at three million euros, three times the amount the Belgians paid to secure his signature from AS Trencin less than six months ago, while Victor Osimhen (Wolfsburg) and Nura Abdullahi (Roma) complete the top three positions.

Five of the top ten most valuable Nigerian teenagers play their trade with Italian clubs.

Top Ten Most Valuable Nigerian Teenagers

1) Samuel Kalu (Gent) - €3 million 2) Victor Osimhen (Wolfsburg) - €1 million 3) Nura Abdullahi (Roma) - €0.5 million 4) Taiwo Awoniyi (Liverpool) - €0.4 million Orji Okonkwo (Bologna) - €0.4 million 6) Theophilus Awua (Inter Milan) - €0.3 million 7) Dennis Bonaventure (Club Brugge) - €0.3 million cool Bright Enobakhare (Wolves) - €0.25 million David Okereke (Spezia) - €0.25 million 10) Franklyn Akammadu (Cesena) - €0.2 million Anthony Izuchukwu (FKH) - €0.2 mi

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23444
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
PSG Set To Miss Out On Man City's Iheanacho, Buy-Back Clauses Illegal In France

Published: June 17, 2017

Paris Saint-Germain are set to miss out on the services of Africa's Most Promising Talent, Kelechi Iheanacho, in the summer transfer window, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

The French Ligue 1 moneybags had been monitoring the situation of the Manchester City striker, and scouted him during Nigeria's 3-0 rout of Togo in an international friendly held in Paris this month.

The Citizens want a buy-back clause inserted into any deal taking Iheanacho out of the Etihad Stadium, but it has come to light that this type of arrangement is forbidden in France.

Article 202 of the LFP regulations states : ''Club directors cannot sign off on a contract containing a ‘release clause’ (pre-agreeing, in exchange for compensation, the breach of the contract by either of the contracting parties), ‘cancellation clause’ or a unilateral termination clause with a French or foreign professional player, whether it be with the player or the club''.

Iheanacho has been declared surplus to requirements by City manager Pep Guardiola, and they are eager to sell him to boost their transfer budget.

He is reportedly a transfer target for West Ham, Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Borussia Dortmund.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23445
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
forgiveness:

The coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says only the best players will be called up to the senior national team of Nigeria despite push from agents to get their players in the team.

Ade Ojeikere of Sportinglife reports the manager made the statement on Friday morning through one of his aide, who also confirmed that the manager rejected bribes and lobbies from European club agents who want their players in the team.

Rohr’s aide revealed further that the manager closely monitors his players along with his assistants before picking those who are ready for the Nigeria assignment.

The coach is even ready to show his employers the indices he uses to pick players for the country’s international matches.

“‘ Rohr recognises the mistakes made by the largely inexperienced side. He knows how to come out of it, but he wouldn’t want to divulge his strategy since the world is a global village.

” Our next game is against Cameroon and happily they are busy in the Confederations Cup, which give us enough time to watch them”, Rohr’s aide said.

Ade Emmanuel

I would like to see what objective indices were used to pick a player who has played only 45 minutes of football all season in bottom relegation threatened Bundesliga club and who is recovering from Injury.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
forgiveness:

I tire.

I want Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, One of inform Chinko strikers ( Ideye or Martins), Enyeama, Aluko and Ikeme back to the national team.

In addition, Abdul Ajagun (the only Nigerian player in Europe playing the no 10 role for almost 4 season consistently), Raheem Lawal, Nwokolor, Dominic Iorfa and Ezekiel Imoh (if he successfully moves to Turkey).

Please who's Nwokolor and what position does he play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
Just read Aluko's interview I didn't even know he goes to Nigeria regularly and commits his time and money to such a social good in society.

I will day again he has not been treated with dignity or even any level of appreciation.

Currently tell me one player that can bring what Anichebe can bring and or Aluko.

Until we learn how to appreciate our players and treat them with fairness and proper professionalism.

We may struggle to attract Nigerian origin players to the SE. I do recall years back Danny Shittu talking about some of the unprofessionalism off record and also Ade as well.

These issues need to be addressed we have to move forward this is not 2002 please.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
forgiveness:

[/b]Our next game is against Cameroon and happily they are busy in the Confederations Cup, which give us enough time to watch them[b]”, Rohr’s aide said.

Ade Emmanuel

I forgot that Cameroon are playing in the confed cup after winning the nation's cup early this year.

We'll be facing a well gelled and experienced Cameroon team.

I don weak cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
He is a goalkeeper.... Plays for HNK Rijeka of Croatia. Was on loan this past season to Vitez of Bosnia where he was no 1 throughout. David Nwokolor is a very good prospect.

latest news have it that he may be Rijeka's no.1 ahead of the new season... but Let's see how pre-season goes.

signz:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
komekn:

I would like to see what objective indices were used to pick a player who has played only 45 minutes of football all season in bottom relegation threatened Bundesliga club and who is recovering from Injury.

There is nothing like objective indices for this our National team .

It is all about man know know man. Chikena
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
signz:

Ok .look up and you will see the response to your question. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
Sir Komekn is just in Love with Our Baby Osimhen.... wink

Can't seem to get enough of him.... grin

komekn:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hey! Stand up and Man up dia my Friend! angry

Why u dey weak?? Come on.. be strong o jare... Don't lose hope just like that...

We are not down and out... we can still get things right... There is much to learn from failure than from success.

signz:

I forgot that Cameroon are playing in the confed cup after winning the nation's cup early this year.

We'll be facing a well gelled and experienced Cameroon team.

I don weak cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Get this lad now!!!!!!! If we miss this guy ehn...... angry
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : Belgian – Born Hitman Dessers; Nigeria Have Contacted Me

Belgian born Nigerian free scoring forward Cyriel Dessers has confirmed that contact has been made with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) regarding a potential invitation to the senior national team of Nigeria.

Last week Dessers confirmed his desires to play for Nigeria ahead of Belgium, where his father hails from, citing the huge numbers of players ahead of him in the pecking order in Belgium as part of his reasons.

Dessers in an interview with Voetball confirmed contact has been made with the NFF over an invitation to the senior national team of Nigeria, but he is for now fully focused on doing his best for his new team Utrecht.

Last season Dessers fired NAC Breda to promotion with 22 goals in the regular season before adding seven more during the relegation/promotion play offs in Holland, and his feat earned him a move to Utrecht.

Nigeria are presently on the lookout for a top striker and 22 year old Dessers is now widely regarded as a sure candidate for the role, if he continues his fine form for NAC Breda last season with Utrecht in the top flight next season.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/17/update-belgian-born-hitman-dessers-nigeria-have-contacted-me/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
Chelsea Set To Loan Out Three Nigerian Wonderkids Before Transfer Window Closes

Super Eagles hopeful Ola Aina might be farmed out on loan by Premier League champions Chelsea before the transfer window closes for business.

According to reports in the English press, Tammy Abraham, Ola Aina and Fikayo Tomori could be heading out of Stamford Bridge on a season-long loan.

The Mirror says Chelsea will only sanction a loan move if the players are guaranteed playing opportunities.

Aina is attracting interest from some unnamed clubs thought to be in England, Tomori is on the radar of Championship, German and French clubs, and Abraham is wanted by Newcastle United, Brighton & Hove and Vitesse.

Of the three aforementioned players, only the wing back made appearances for the first team last season.

Tammy Abraham spent the whole of the 2016-17 season on loan at Bristol City and England U20 World Cup winning central defender Tomori was at Brighton for the second half of the season.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23433
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ex - Eaglet , Bamgboye : I ’ m Ripe For U - 23 Eagles , Not Super Eagles Yet
By James Agberebi

Former Nigeria U-17 forward, Funsho Bamgboye, says he is not in a hurry to play for the Super Eagles as he still has a lot to prove in his fledging footballing career, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Bamgboye,18, who plays for Hungarian top flight club Haladas states that, for him, it is one step at a time.

"I will be glad to play for the Super Eagles, but I am in no rush to be invited because I am still young," the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup winner who is currently on holidays in Nigeria, tells Completesportsnigeria.com .

"The U-23 Eagles should be the next step for me and I will be happy to be invited to play in the team"

Bambgoye who featured in both the Europe All Star team that played in the Lagos State fifty years celebration and also faced Westerlo Academy last week in a friendly, expressed delight playing alongside established national team players.

"I feel good and privileged to play alongside Super Eagles players during the All Star game. I'm so glad and I thank God for the honour.

"I learnt a lot from them especially players like Obafemi Martins and Ogenyi Onazi. It was fun being in their midst."
Bamgboye who was a member of the Flying Eagles squad that failed to qualify for the 2017 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, says his target is to become a top scorer in the Hungarian league ahead of next season.

He says:"My target now is to keep moving forward in my career. Right now, I play for Haladas in Hungary and I want to continue growing as a player.

"My first season in Europe wasn't too bad just that I got injured, but I am okay now and ready to play.

"I am prepared for the start of the new season and hopefully, I will become the highest goal scorer in the Hungarian league.

"It is the dream of every young player to play for some of the best teams in Europe. For me, I would love to play for clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, and also clubs like Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. I will be glad to get the chance to play for these big clubs."

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ex-eaglet-bamgboye-im-ripe-u-23-eagles-not-super-eagles-yet/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
forgiveness:

Professor Segun Odegbami the tactical mathematician, the first Nigerian to be nominated as the African footballer of the year, the game changer, etc you have spoken very very very very very reasonably, intelligently,plainly etc wella.

I know many will not agree for one reason, and it's where you said 'he didn't play the young and inform forwards at the start of the game'. Bhuhahahaha!

You should have been bold and plain enough to say forward instead of forwards o -ha! and nothing go do you. grin

Who doesn't know you're referring to the only infomed striker in the team called Kayode. grin chaiiiii!

Some people go get heart attack oooo,

Can you imagine that out of the 11 players that started the match on the disastrous day only Shehu (image Cyprus player), Moses, Ndidi, Onazi, and Etebor are starters and regulars in their various clubs while the remaining 6 players are first class, second class and third class bench warmers. Meanwhile, Rohr was expecting American wander in that game jampacked with unfit players and expected to win soundly.

That's is what I call mumunism coach. grin

the problem is that some just don't want to agree that fielding a team of bench warmers isn't going to make any sense going forward. I know I have defended some players but the simple truth is that the next match is in August, our players would not have done anything special, the season would still be young or even yet to start therefore we need to utilise players that are in active leagues at that time especially the Chinese based players. Or we can just start our regular bench warming players and the same thing will happen all over again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Humility017:

nice one...
to be true....awaziem wasn't too poor that day
presently I will put him and omeruo on same class....
moreover he is even more better on aerial balls.
talking about echiejie....we are not looking for experienced players to replace him but a young pacy player that can link up join the attack when the need arises...Kingsley madu comes to mind but the dude really need to top up his game to get SE call ups...
no doubt ideye is one player that have been used to Africa football.... we may need him should V. Moses be absent

I know you hate Omeruo but let's try to be reasonable here. Awaziem better than Omeruo in aerial duels? Come on bro, isn't it Awaziem's lack of aerial awareness that led to the goal on Saturday? or you think aerial ability is just to jump up and head, it also includes your positioning to actually head the ball and if you think Awaziem is better in that aspect then you just need to ask yourself the last time we conceded a headed goal with Omeruo in the team.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: people3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.