Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,769 members, 7,924,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 02:21 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12272885 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (16529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
goldfish80:

If he can play the role why was he complaining in the interview?

"I wanted to take the next step - but suddenly I was playing in a No.10 role. I was quite mad because I wanted to play up front"

It's obvious Klop wanted him to learn something specific at that point which was the reason he deployed him there not because he could play as a 10.

Yet Lewandowski has told FFT that, although he was not happy about it at the time, operating in the No.10 role helped him become a more rounded player.

Speaking exclusively in the December 2015 issue of FourFourTwo, he says: “Borussia first expressed an interest after my first year in Poznan. When I left after the second season, I wanted to take the next step - but suddenly I was playing in a No.10 role. I was quite mad because I wanted to play up front.

It was only in the following year that I realised how much I had learned in that position. I told myself: ‘You have become a better player.’ Then I realised why the coach had asked me to play as a No.10; he made me a more complete player.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lewandowski-i-was-mad-klopp-over-no10-role

Keep lying to yourself. Show me what you posted that I left out in the earlier post I made. Keep putting your ego in front of the truth and not learn.

Rather kill yourself than commit suicide because accepting the truth is a No No for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Which kind of question is this one? grin

It was a legitimately honest question. I can tell you that Ighalo played 10 at Watford when they were in the championship but u will probably ask what that has to do with the price of tea in China. Like I already said he might also be able to man the post but I'm asking if he will be effective under tougher circumstances. U also overlooked that he didn't score alot in that position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
goldfish80:

Me sentimental? Coming from a guy who believes Iwobi was having a better game than Moses Simon and I'm the one being sentimental.

I think this thread have indoctrinated some people wrongfully into the belive that some players must not be criticised at all cost. Anyone with a contrary view to such performance by such a player is called out which often ends in name calling.

This is not a women's support group, this is a football thread. Objectivity,criticism, truth and tactical analysis backed up with facts and data should be sold here.

Labelling Lewandowski a no 10 is just an elaborate desperate bid to save face and down play the calls to have a more powerful centre forward for the Super Eagles.

TheGoodJoe didn't even realise that his lewandoski comparison with Batistuta and Shearer points to exactly the big, strong, classic centre type we have been clamouring for to suit our formation.

It seems you choose to twist other people words to support your claim because you understand English I would have thought that was the problem.....the Nigeria South Africa game you came out to say iwobi has been poor, I said he had impressed with the little he saw on the ball, that was the first half of the game(that was an opinion I had in the first half)...but because iwobi was removed you started shouting sentiment, you can criticize iwobi for having a poor game but didn't say anything on others who had a poor game to like ndidi&etebo and you be preaching.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Stop the cries. The point is a simple as accepting the truth. Lewandowski has played the ten role and can play the ten role. Simple. Modern day forwards can play multiple roles. That is why Lewandowski can drop into different pockets off spaces during play. That is what makes him exceptional.

Finish. You can continue arguing forever or learn and move on.

Loogan, do not mind some of them here. They will rather take a bullet to the head than learn if it means they were wrong. grin

Bros e just tire me ooh, he obviously knows what we are saying but just keep twisting it to say things that really don't make sense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
It's not everything that is worth getting into a heated, I must win, argument about. It is simply not worth it. I will leave that for TheGoodJoe I no get that power.

I haven't said at anytime that Onyekuru isn't a quality players. My perspective is based on prior knowledge. My advice being as if he was my contracted player. In that regard I didn't think the move to Everton was great. Considering he is not playing for them.

Everton is a club I know well and I don't just talk about as a fan. But the administrative set up the coaches, managers and quite a few players actually all the black players. And i watched and heard the complaints of how black players were treated, I have already given two examples.

Balotelli I know personally but not as best mates particularly when he was at City. He is a really nice fun guy who is mostly misinterpreted. He was not a flop considering the number of games he played and circumstances in which he played. Having a public bust up is not always the best with your manager.

I presume everyone here has a decent level of education and a least a working knowledge of finance and taxation.

Watford, Granada and Udinese were in effect in the ownership and control of one man, the patriarchal head of the family. Managers do not hold sway in these clubs the family does.

If you want to shift assets between the companies that you own and limit your liabilities as well as limit your tax burden and increase your asset values. You find a legal backdoor.

I leave the rest for intelligent people to read between the lines, NUFF SAID. I have nothing to prove.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Just like someone asked the other day about Ronaldo : " Is Lewandowski playing for Nigeria against Cameroon?"

To the #TeamBigStrikers name the Big NIGERIAN Striker you want us to feature against Cameroon and let us take the argument up from there.

Make una Leave Lewandowski matter for "Matayas" abeg

Cc: Goldfish80, TheGoodJoe, Loogan, Bascovanveli, komekn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Icon4s:
Just like someone asked the other about Ronaldo : " Is Lewandoski playing for Nigeria against Cameroon?"

To the #TeamBigStrikers name the Big NIGERIAN Striker you want us to feature against Cameroon and let us take the argument up from there.

Make una Leave Lewandoski matter for "Matayas" abeg

#GoodThreadGoneBad. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Loogan:

It seems you choose to twist other people words to support your claim because you understand English I would have thought that was the problem.....the Nigeria South Africa game you came out to say iwobi has been poor, I said he had impressed with the little he saw on the ball, that was the first half of the game(that was an opinion I had in the first half)...but because iwobi was removed you started shouting sentiment, you can criticize iwobi for having a poor game but didn't say anything on others who had a poor game to like ndidi&etebo and you be preaching.
Obviously you haven't been following the thread. I have criticised every single player in the team who had a poor game. I don't worship any player.
I have called out Awaziem, Etebo, Ndidi, Iwobi, Kelechi and the 2 full backs on the day. You can go back and check my game review after the match.

If you can't handle my criticism of Iwobi I help you. Sorry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
It is not the thread that went bad. Only someone feels like the image below instead of accepting the truth.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Yet Lewandowski has told FFT that, although he was not happy about it at the time, operating in the No.10 role helped him become a more rounded player.

Speaking exclusively in the December 2015 issue of FourFourTwo, he says: “Borussia first expressed an interest after my first year in Poznan. When I left after the second season, I wanted to take the next step - but suddenly I was playing in a No.10 role. I was quite mad because I wanted to play up front.

It was only in the following year that I realised how much I had learned in that position. I told myself: ‘You have become a better player.’ Then I realised why the coach had asked me to play as a No.10; he made me a more complete player.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lewandowski-i-was-mad-klopp-over-no10-role

Keep lying to yourself. Show me what you posted that I left out in the earlier post I made. Keep putting your ego in front of the truth and not learn.

Rather kill yourself than commit suicide because accepting the truth is a No No for you.

Here is another part you left out grin

Part of the reason might have been because Klopp, now in charge of Liverpool, opted to deploy the Pole in the hole behind Paraguayan forward Lucas Barrios, who bagged twice as many league goals as Lewandowski that season.

He played behind the more established Lucas Barrios for a few games not exactly the stereotype no 10 midfield meastro like you want to make us believe. In this sort of formation, during game situation, he will be right up top with Barrios. Dont try confusing us that he can play the 10 role like Jay Jay Okocha.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
goldfish80:

Here is another part you left out grin

He played behind the more established Lucas Barrios for a few games not exactly the stereotype no 10 midfield meastro like you want to make us believe. In this sort of formation, during game situation, he will be right up top with Barrios. Dont try confusing us that he can play the 10 role like Jay Jay Okocha.

You want to argue with Lewandowski!

When I left after the second season, I wanted to take the next step - but suddenly I was playing in a No.10 role... Lewandowski

Chai, learn and move on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Is anyone here watching South Africa vs tanzania
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

When I left after the second season, I wanted to take the next step - but suddenly I was playing in a No.10 role... Lewandowski

Chai, learn and move on.
Kindly stop all these suicide jabs and let's face the super eagles. Once you are not learning from an arguement, let it go.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lazyerudite:
Is anyone here watching South Africa vs tanzania

Tanzania knacking SA akpako.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lewandowski is a big target man who can also run in behind the defence and possesses great technique and vision similar to how Zlatan was when he was younger. Don't understand this argument as essentially he is the sort of striker we need based on how we play at the moment.
A target man isn't essentially only about heading knock downs and having great hold up play. He can also be a great playmaker like Benzema.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Icon4s:

Tanzania knacking SA akpako.
Please can anyone confirm if these are the set of players that beat Naija. I hope not ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lazyerudite:

Please can anyone confirm if these are the set of players that beat Naija. I hope not ooo
and the mouth making Baxter could not rescue them wit his tactics....such a pity we let them beat us...well it is better to loose against RSA than loose against Cameroon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lazyerudite:

Same team. still SA 0-1 Tan 71'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Humility017:

and the mouth making Baxter could not rescue them wit his tactics....such a pity we let them beat us...well it is better to loose against RSA than loose against Cameroon

They also lost 1-2 to Zambia days after the Nigeria game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Chilling out waiting to watch Chile Vs Germany.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Chai, learn and move on.

From the same article you are quoting here's an except;
Part of the reason might have been because Klopp, now in charge of Liverpool, opted to deploy the Pole in the hole behind Paraguayan forward Lucas Barrios, who bagged twice as many league goals as Lewandowski that season.

Obviously, the no 10 role they are talking about here is just a more elaborate way of saying he played as a second striker behind Barrios. This on its own shouldnt be such a surprise because almost every striker in the world world have at one point played as a second striker. Even Drogba in his first season with Chelsea played behind Crespo. The average Nigerian refers to the ten role as the Jay Jay Okocha / Zidane kind of role.

You run into these sort of glitch when you copy everything from Google hook line and sinker.
If you had actually watched him play, you will won't run to town shouting that Lewandowski can play the 10 role. You would replaced the no 10 with SS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
I don't understand what's going on here anymore, chaiii ,
how LEWANDOSKI take enter agai,, ah go taya oooooooo

beside this thread is for naija players, and naija players alone, on our road to Russia, enuf of the comparison,, abt a perfectly. This and that, fact remains, nobody, I repeat nobody is PERFECT,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Icon4s:

They also lost 1-2 to Zambia days after the Nigeria game.
yeah...I think that was a friendly.

and someone is saying Libya can't beat them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Icon4s:
Chilling out waiting to watch Chile Vs Germany.
madam has taken charge of the TV, I need to emulate you and run to the officers mess.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Humility017:
yeah...I think that was a friendly.
and someone is saying Libya can't beat them
We should focus on beating the Libya home and away and not Libya beating SA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
madam has taken charge of the TV, I need to emulate you and run to the officers mess.

Chilling outdoors in my house I mean.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
goldfish80:

From the same article you are quoting here's an except;

Obviously, the no 10 role they are talking about here is just a more elaborate way of saying he played as a second striker behind Barrios. This on its own shouldnt be such a surprise because almost every striker in the world world have at one point played as a second striker. Even Drogba in his first season with Chelsea played behind Crespo. The average Nigerian refers to the ten role as the Jay Jay Okocha / Zidane kind of role.

You run into these sort of glitch when you copy everything from Google hook line and sinker.
If you had actually watched him play, you will won't run to town shouting that Lewandowski can play the 10 role. You would replaced the no 10 with SS.

If I throway Suicide Picture they will blame me. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Icon4s:
Just like someone asked the other day about Ronaldo : " Is Lewandowski playing for Nigeria against Cameroon?"

Make una Leave Lewandowski matter for "Matayas" abeg

Fanendo Adi dey, Abraham dey, Solanke dey, Simeon Nwankwo dey, Sadiq Umar etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Icon4s:

We should focus on beating the Libya home and away and not Libya beating SA.
you're very ryt.
let's solve these Cameroon problem first
yesterday... watched the Nigeria vs Zambia highlights...
to be honest....Carl really helped in that match...so glad he is recuperating now.
we need him against Cameroon and a clinical forward...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
forgiveness:

Fanendo Adi dey, Abraham dey, Solanke dey, Simeon Nwankwo dey, etc
please remove these English born and groomed kids...they're out of reach for now ...
we don't need another embarrassment
of players turning us down openly
let's go for that dressier's guy for the now
moreover recently peter olayinka is scoring goals for his team in their pre season campaign
he is someone we will get to watch next season...hopefully he becomes another onyekuru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Icon4s:

Chilling outdoors in my house I mean.
oh equally good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
goldfish80:

Lewandoski is the real definition of target man. Big, strong, good shot to booth, win headers, brings people into play and all that classic no 9 move.
Where people are getting the idea that a good all fashioned, big, strong striker model is going extinct defiles belief.

Not when one of the hottest players in the transfer market who clubs are falling over themselves to sign up with about £80M transfer fee quoted in the person of Torino striker, Belloti is the definition of a proper big centre forward.
Amongst the top rated teenagers in Europe is Alexander Isak of Dortmund. At just 17 he's imposing figure stands at 6ft 3.

It's not like I'm at loss why people are running with the view that the big centre forward type is not fashionable. Obviously all in view to make a case for Kelechi starting for the eagles at all cost.

Hahahahahah! You just..... grin nailed it.

Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester United, Tottenham, Monaco, Arsenal are not modern teams because they use big center forwards. This is according to their theory. Bhuuuhahaha! Chai! grin

Which team come dey play modern day Football aside dis ones listed? Abi teams dey for space? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (16529) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, elyte89, caprikon, Odunayaw(m), Philosopher1979, soetanoreoluwa(m), Mujtahida and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.