Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,837 members, 7,872,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11987250 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11877) (11878) (11879) (11880) (11881) (11882) (11883) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
baba that boi for his age is dominating the German top flight

That Bellingham guy with palace Gallagher are super talent and I rate both very high when compared to others hyped to high heavens by the English media

Agreed ,the boy sabi wella

That crystal palace Gallagher is another real deal

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
segunda division is not weak but can not be compared to the English championship

His point was money and not footballing reasons

He said very very weak as if it’s the Turkish 3rd division

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2021
Kog45:
Sir,English championship is ahead of Spain Segunda irrespective of talents in Segunda......I quite agreed with you on Nwakili,he hasn't done much but we are having issue with creativity in the middle and that sentiment can bring Nwakili in....

If Eguavoen can give Okoye Maduka treatment to Nwakili,probably we see something good but Nwakili I watched recently will need to buckle up to make 28 man list if he makes 40 man list but anyways we do have gatecrashers.
baba forget all this nwakali hype, he is yet to do anything to warrant being in the 40 man team let alone making the final team to afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Agreed ,the boy sabi wella

That crystal palace Gallagher is another real deal
both are English players that I rate highly currently

All these rice,Rowe and others I Dey see them as over hyped and priced players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
All these guys went on to play in EPL while Reece and Tomori are Chelsea academy products.

As to your second question I don't know any offhand but I didn't claim Segunda players are the best also.

Jude Bellingham is one example but he's still coming up definitely not comparable to Kante who came straight from French second division to win "tough EPL"

grin grin
Premier league is the toughest league in the world...these players don't need to go else to prove their worth
James maddison, clyne, Gareth bale even John stones are not academic product they're pure championship product

No segunda player have gone up to dominate other leagues I repeat no segunda have dominated other league the league is wack it just more like feeder team for most of their academics most of the player that have shined in the leagues are Take Kubo ( who is a product of Madrid academic ) all those players in the league are fluke
I rate Swedish league pass Segunda division.

And how many more Kante do we have cheesy
And don't forget kante is not even a segunda division product undecided

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
If eguavoen really want to do wonders with the team first thing is not allowing sentiment come in when picking his players

Our best midfield trio judging by the best we have and those that hv been tested in the team remains

Ndidi, Onyeka and aribo where the leicester will be the dm,Onyeka box/box or cm and aribo am

Or ndidi,Onyeka and iwobi

This mentioned players I can bet that nwakali can’t lace their boots let alone dragging positions with any

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
I like how Eguavoen talks.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
both are English players that I rate highly currently

All these rice,Rowe and others I Dey see them as over hyped and priced players

I rate Gallagher so much ,the boy too sabi abeg ,Chelsea self can’t wait to get him back

I don’t rate rice but he is good sha

Bellingham is also good ,Na pedri fast growth make am no win that golden boy

I also rate jadon sancho but I don’t know what’s happening ,but I believe he will be fine for United soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
Jargozaza:
Wait some of you are downplaying Aribo brilliance because of Nwakali? lol
my brother, you can see that nobody quoted you. Stop looking for argument where and when there is none.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I rate Gallagher so much ,the boy too sabi abeg ,Chelsea self can’t wait to get him back

I don’t rate rice but he is good sha

Bellingham is also good ,Na pedri fast growth make am no win that golden boy

I also rate jadon sancho but I don’t know what’s happening ,but I believe he will be fine for United soon
Sancho will come good in United with time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
Not just Kante but Mahrez too although he joined Leicester in the Championship but guess what happened he got promoted and dominated ''the best league in the world''

I used Kante as an example of someone coming from an inferior league in quote to dominate a top league.

Astrid4:

grin grin
Premier league is the toughest league in the world...these players don't need to go else to prove their worth
James maddison, clyne, Gareth bale even John stones are not academic product they're pure championship product

No segunda player have gone up to dominate other leagues I repeat no segunda have dominated other league the league is wack it just more like feeder team for most of their academics most of the player that have shined in the leagues are Take Kubo ( who is a product of Madrid academic ) all those players in the league are fluke
I rate Swedish league pass Segunda division.

And how many more Kante do we have cheesy
And don't forget kante is not even a segunda division product undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
You get my point.

andrewbaba44:

His point was money and not footballing reasons

He said very very weak as if it’s the Turkish 3rd division
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
This is the highest hight of disrespect for Africa.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
Not just Kante but Mahrez too although he joined Leicester in the Championship but guess what happened he got promoted and dominated ''the best league in the world''

I used Kante as an example of someone coming from an inferior league in quote to dominate a top league.

The example you gave showed how big championship is grin
What makes premier league the best is the competition...I won't be surprised if Watford and Brighton makes top 4 this season.
But championship is my opinion is better than isreali, swedish and those back water league

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
If eguavoen really want to do wonders with the team first thing is not allowing sentiment come in when picking his players

Our best midfield trio judging by the best we have and those that hv been tested in the team remains

Ndidi, Onyeka and aribo where the leicester will be the dm,Onyeka box/box or cm and aribo am

Or ndidi,Onyeka and iwobi

This mentioned players I can bet that nwakali can’t lace their boots let alone dragging positions with any
if there's need for a rotation who comes in?

Or where there's an injury or suspension due to accumulated cards, who comes in?

That's the point not who starts. No one I believe is looking for who will start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by limcar: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
So that useless amaju pinnick wan use eguavon deceive us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
PurpleHouse:
is this not better than we are young boys?

Mujtada (or however it is spelt) shey this one no better pass by far that we are less compared to other countries?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
Astrid4:

The example you gave showed how big championship is grin
What makes premier league the best is the competition...I won't be surprised if Watford and Brighton makes top 4 this season.
But championship is my opinion is better than isreali, swedish and those back water league

Which competition Dey premier league and who wan dash watford and Brighton top 4 ?

If guardiola wins the epl again it’s official a 1 horse league like the bundesliga

Man city Liverpool Chelsea and Man U ,Na these 4 people go still go champions league again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by limcar: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Where is babatunde michael
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
PurpleHouse:
Mr. Nelz hope you saw the post from Mr. Popo!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Which competition Dey premier league and who wan dash watford and Brighton top 4 ?

If guardiola wins the epl again it’s official a 1 horse league like the bundesliga

Man city Liverpool Chelsea and Man U ,Na these 4 people go still go champions league again

Anybody can win premier league grin even arsenal
Commot body for that one

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by limcar: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

there are three teams in the epl liverpool, mancity and the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
PurpleHouse:
One way or the other, this afcon if it holds would be impacted by covid. Some players will by themselves choose not to honor national invitation due to subtle unpublished threats by their employers. Some players might even have positive tests and become ineligible to participate at the tourney.

We waitte!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2021
Astrid4:

Anybody can win premier league grin even arsenal
Commot body for that one

Story grin

Competitive epl and we neutrals have been praying for Leicester city to make it to the champions league every season ,now it’s west ham on that position ,but I trust man united to steal that top 4 by hook or by crook grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
PurpleHouse:
*Rolling my eyes*

Rohr says that and everywhere goes apeshit

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2021
Please, I was chatting to someone, and they claimed that the NPFL is at par with the English Championship.

Also said that we could find better keepers in the NPFL than what we currently have

I countered that I do not trust the products of the NPFL, mostly because whatever has been churned out in that league over the last 5 years has gone on to wither in the midst of world football, especially if said player is over the age of 22.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Story grin

Competitive epl and we neutrals have been praying for Leicester city to make it to the champions league every season ,now it’s west ham on that position ,but I trust man united to steal that top 4 by hook or by crook grin

Man United leg dey shake... Don't be shocked if West Ham makes top 4 and leciester city are just so unlucky.
But la liga we Don know how they go line up
He no pass, athletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Barcelona cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
PurpleHouse:

I find this quite funny coming from the continent that is riddled with this pandemic

If anything, CAF is supposed to ban any player in Europe from coming to this continent, because it seems everybody and their dog in that place has that virus.

European clubs should not have the power to stop African players from playing in AFCON, and I hope that useless FIFA lets them know that.

Na everyday dem dey postpone Premier league game for England because one person or the other has COVID, at least 5 Madrid players have now come down with the same virus, but the idiots in UEFA think it is traveling to Africa that will cause COVID.

The numbers say Europe needs to shut down club football and brainstorm on how to help themselves.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
Astrid4:

Man United leg dey shake... Don't be shocked if West Ham makes top 4 and leciester city are just so unlucky.

If west ham makes top 4 ,I will be more happier ,but I think man united will steal that top 4 spot

Barca leg Dey shake ,go check table

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
westham make it to the ucl mk my leg bend

that 4th spot is for any of spurs,united or arsenal
Astrid4:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2021
Astrid4:

Wetin you go call
James maddison, clyne, John stones, Joe Gomez, Theo Walcott, Gareth bale Ramsey, Mason, Reece James and even tomori ( yea he is having good spell with AC Milan)
All these player are product of championship
Mention one player from segunda division who has dominated other leagues (including laliga)
Have even forgotten Jude Bellingham sef
Add menson mount,grealish and vardy wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

If west ham makes top 4 ,I will be more happier ,but I think man united will steal that top 4 spot

Barca leg Dey shake ,go check table

Omoooor west Ham good ohhh I fear that team, they go shock everybody this seasoni have that feeling

Baba barca go go champion league and win Copa del rey grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11877) (11878) (11879) (11880) (11881) (11882) (11883) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Psittacus(m), Ppogbae and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.