Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,217 members, 7,873,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11991669 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) (12338) (12339) ... (16394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
In the long run, 424 formation will get you exposed

So what formation are you suggesting bro? 442?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:

You nailed it, that part was not for him grin
Plus the teams that made us angry with Rohr no be moimoi o, look at Sierra Leone and Cape Verde doing the Lord's work against the big teams. But what I didn't like about Rohr were his
1) uninspiring comments
2) rigid approach to game formation, tactics team selection
3) maybe because of his age, he preferred older players he is used to at the detriment of younger ones
4) he clearly didn't believe in the potentials of the team and he was undoubtedly a pessimist. Pessimism and sports can't go together
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Enroute the final we beat them at the last edition. Regardless of whether it happens through the back door Cameroon must fall.

Mujtahida:

Afcon 2000 - 22 years and the wound still hurts even though the pain has been staunched by the fact that in recent meetings with Cameroun, we come tops but we'll finally have closure if we beat Cameroun either enroute the final or at the final.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:
This Sadiq Umar, is it on Egu’s contract that he has to play? The guy has been useless in two games but still gotta start today while Henry Onyekuru would remain on the bench?

But I am glad that Uzohor, Ebuehi, Iwobi, and Ejuke are starting tho.

O pari

In all things, let us be thankful these controversial players get to start today, because people have been giving us the excuse that it is because they are not Starting that they appear poor

Na today we go know who dey speak factually and who dey speak sentimentally

Whatever happens, I hope we clinch those three points still
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
fabyom:
What Dennis is doing is a child's play to what Kalu will do in England! Super player!

Kalu has suberb techniques and abilities just that sometimes I feel like he doesn't want to play football anymore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
cheesy
Joezinho:

Aribo is rubbish Nwakali is the truth…. Against Sudan he kept passing it back to retain the ball, he tried to dribble and lost it and he learnt from it….

I love players like that. Even when Ndidi was frustrated with the back passing….He kept doing it to show that he is not afraid of anyone… Who be Ndidi to vex when the midfield meastro dey pass?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

In all things, let us be thankful these controversial players get to start today, because people have been giving us the excuse that it is because they are not Starting that they appear poor

We the fanboys have readymade excuse in hand.
1) One game is not enough to judge a player.
2) Today might just be a bad day in the office for the them.
3) No supplies from the midfield or long passes from the defense as we are missing Aribo, Aina, Omeruo, Zaidu, Chuks and Simon today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

Ovie Ejaria, Abdul Zubairu, James Igbekeme etc grin grin
as they are not living up to billing so I stopped mentioning them here

When there case was brought here they were showing good signs but since then u don see me trying to make case for them?

Even I was mentioning all with aribo then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

3) No supplies from the midfield or long passes from the defense as we are missing Aribo, Aina, Omeruo, Zaidu, Chuks and Simon today.

Forget fan boys

Normally you can’t use one game to judge a player ,person go play 10 minutes people go expect make the player do everything with that small time

How many of our current players impressed on their first few eagles games ?

If we are to go by the way some people are judging sadiq the national team will be almost empty

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Joezinho:

Aribo is rubbish Nwakali is the truth…. Against Sudan he kept passing it back to retain the ball, he tried to dribble and lost it and he learnt from it….

I love players like that. Even when Ndidi was frustrated with the back passing….He kept doing it to show that he is not afraid of anyone… Who be Ndidi to vex when the midfield meastro dey pass?
this guy self cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
Make dem try arrange the casket, because blood must flow

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Forget fan boys

Normally you can’t use one game to judge a player ,person go play 10 minutes people go expect make the player do everything with that small time

How many of our current players impressed on their first few eagles games ?

If we are to go by the way some people are judging sadiq the national team will be almost empty

Awoniyi has impressed me sir. Everybody with their own impression

To God be our collective glories

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

This one cannot be an excuse, not when the midfield maestro and conductor extraordinaire is spraying pinpoint passes across the pitch

The midfield will be fine, so, the forwards better pull on their bootstraps and get to scoring

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Awoniyi has impressed me sir. Everybody with their own impression

To God be our collective glories

Awoniyi impressed me also .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

This one cannot be an excuse, not when the midfield maestro and conductor extraordinaire is spraying pinpoint passes across the pitch

The midfield will be fine, so, the forwards better pull on their bootstraps and get to scoring

The way Nwakali has been hyped here, I expect at least 5 clear goal-scoring opportunities created by him through midfield dictation and pinpoint long balls over the top. Anything less and I will be dissapointed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

He attributes his work rate to his coach at union Berlin. He said the coach told him that if he works hard, goals will come.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Exactly

He was impressive from the blow of the whistle against Egypt. That's what I want to see, impressive play.

This isn't even about how many minutes anyone has played, because like I said, when Iwobi came on against Egypt, he was so good in those few minutes, and this is someone people have been calling a shit footballer in the EPL.

If I am expecting shit football, and you put in a good shift, you impress me more than someone I had no expectations for, and they put in a bad shift

I do not believe in all this "they had a few minutes, they did not get enough time", that's me though.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
drDoom3:

The way Nwakali has been hyped here, I expect at least 5 clear goal-scoring opportunities created by him through midfield dictation and pinpoint long balls over the top. Anything less and I will be dissapointed.
baba I can’t wait for the game to start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Ejuke might decide to be selfish and not cross or release them. Iwobi could put on his nepa show. No through long passes from Omeruo, Uzoho's distribution is not as good as Maduka's own.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good point �

I couldn’t have put it any better myself. Let’s hope that Egu can start all these fringe players, so we can see with our korokoro eyes whether Sadiq Umar and Kelechi Nwakali, in particular, are the pretenders or
the contenders grin

O pari

safarigirl:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:
Good point �

I couldn’t have put it any better myself. Let’s hope that Egu can start all these fringe players, so we can see with our korokoro eyes whether Sadiq Umar and Kelechi Nwakali, in particular, are the pretenders or
the contenders grin

O pari

This man grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
He’s a forward, he can play from the flanks while either Awoniyi or Iheanacho plays centrally.

But let’s Safari said, it’s all good, we’ll see today whether Sadiq Umar is an Eagles material or just a quota candidate.

O pari

Fabuloski:

Henry is not a striker

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

The greatest issue the NFF has in regard to this former player heading the Federation, is the politics involved in it.

I'm not familiar with what obtains in the Cameroonian FA, but in NFF, more often than not, one will need political backing to actually be eligible for the role of President. The President is sourced from State FAs, and State FA Chairmen are mostly lackeys of the Governor that are 'awarded' these roles for their support.

Essentially, a former player would have to present himself to the State Governor for approval, and only when he gets appointed, will he stand a chance in the bigger leagues.

I doubt Cameroon FA has a similar process. Perhaps, one just has to be registered or something, and they can contest, because I don't think he came from a State FA.

The system in Nigeria is what hinders the players from participating. Perhaps, Kanu is the closest person that can navigate through this system, or Amokachi. I don't know the relationship some other players like Odegbami have with political powers

Anyway, that's our hindrance, politics, and maybe money to some extent

Very sad system. I really can't wait for one of them to break this stretch. CIV and Cameroun are very very fortunate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2022
True. I was a little mean there, but we’ve watched him in two consecutive games and he’s yet to put any foot right angry

Let’s hope he’ll prove me wrong today.

O pari

andrewbaba44:

Don’t call him useless

Too early to judge sadiq abeg

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
KPOM!

O pari

TFLASHOGEE:
cheesy grin grin let watch him tonight bro hopefully he will change that uselessness to fruitfulness and we can be assured of getting the almaria version of sodiq and not the rangers own grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:
True. I was a little mean there, but we’ve watched him in two consecutive games and he’s yet to put any foot right angry

Let’s hope he’ll prove me wrong today.

O pari

Lol

Today go sweet sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Ejuke might decide to be selfish and not cross or release them. Iwobi could put on his nepa show. No through long passes from Omeruo, Uzoho's distribution is not as good as Maduka's own.

None of these will matter, because as long as the midfield conductor sprays the balls to some players, somebody will score, and if none of them can step up, I am sure he will get a few opportunities to show us his Freekick skills

Either way, for all the hype that I have read on this thread, I fully expect Nwakali to carry this team to a win.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Maduka's distribution?? Let me not talk sha...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:
He’s a forward, he can play from the flanks while either Awoniyi or Iheanacho plays centrally.

But let’s Safari said, it’s all good, we’ll see today whether Sadiq Umar is an Eagles material or just a quota candidate.

O pari

Abeg dead this quota talk, he performs or doesnt perform today is up to him but he was called up cause of his club numbers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Make Coach no give Dennis one kine leverage on his not coming afterall o. Dennis go look say Onyeka dey warm bench now. This guy should start. He should. angry

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
One or two regulars might lose their place to the fringe players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Today's match will definitely tell us how strong we are for Afcon title....if players like Nwakili,Sadiq,Ejuke,Ebuehi,Collins,Onyeka and Olayinka can give us 3 star performance then we are good to go....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) (12338) (12339) ... (16394) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), TheSuperNerd(m), lelion, jolly94 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.